What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yes! finally i can proudly venture into Delta Quadrant in my brand new Tier 2 ship!

I would also like to trample borg with it, but apparently they're all scared and playing pranks on us silly captains thinking we need to defend the quadrant against those pesky unimatrix vessels and when we arrive there are no borg at all, just empty space

there are not only rewards but surprises everyday! best anniversary ever
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are your additional costumes for the Sciflector ships that are coming next week.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunate...seeing as conditions are impossible for rolling an alt, this won't do any good. :(

At least the R&D mats got me a level on a turret I'll actually be able to use.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quick question, do we have to unlock these for each faction (i.e., log into one character per faction) or do they all unlock if you claim it for only one character?

You have to unlock them for each faction with an appropriate character of each faction. It's important to note that KDF allied Romulans can claim the bird of prey, but I think it's after you do it on a Klingon faction character.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rom and KDF ship will be nice, thanks cryptic.

Unless I'm missing something I reckon this'll be the last day though, so no higher tier ship ): I had been holding a sneaky hope for a defiant or regent giveaway, since T5 goodies are customary for these things.

Still, freebies are freebies. Awesomesauce :)
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Someone already said the Dhael comes in a crate because it was initially a ship in the Legacy of Romulus Legacy pack. They're coded to come that way.

Also, for those who think today is the last day, it's not. The original announcement was from 1/26 @10 am pacific timezone through 1/29. That means there's one more day.

Edit: Today's announcement on arcgames also says the following:

and

Today IS the last day... monday 10 am to tuesday 9.59 am... see the pattern? so yeah it is 10/26 to 10/29.... but the start is 10/26 10 am and ends on 10/29 10 am.

After that on the 29th is when the patch should go live...
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank You for the giveaways! A ship for each faction is a good thing.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jamin1 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing; my Fed characters are both fine, and my Klingon is fine, but I don't even have a Romulan! Not because I don't want one, but because I've been working on my Feds and Klingon. There's literally not enough time to make a Romulan and get it to the appropriate level to have the ship open to me. Kinda wish we could unlock it so we could pick it up later...

t2 so you need to be level 10... you can level up by doing the starting storyline and to the establishment of New Rom and select your faction.

It's only a few hours...
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our third free giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out three different ships! Star Trek Online has lead the charge into the Delta Quadrant with the help of the Federation, KDF, and Romulan forces! In honor of their work, we’re giving out a ship per faction!

For more information about the giveaway, read our blog here!

~LaughingTrendy

Well, I've already got the Rhode Island-class from the 2013 summer giveaway, but I'll take the other two.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    lotustomlotustom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yah its kinda like getting a pair socks or underwear for Christmas instead of that new bike.

Seriously, its like when I got the Connie in the special edition package. Its all great and cool for about 5 minutes until some Warbird NPC comes along and one shots you.

The blue phasers were nice though.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doubt I'll use the actual ships anytime soon (even my newest alts are past the point they'd fly them), but the consoles are most welcome. The Romulan one looks particularly useful.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dhael Warbird, Qaw’Dun Bird of Prey, and Rhode Island

I own Rhode Island Retrofit which is a lot better then the free one here. I see the other two would go for ROM and KDF family. But ROM for Dhael Warbird. But these are not T6 nor T5U. Gorn SCI/Support Vessel given in the last free giveaway was the best for KDF. I guess Dhael Warbird for ROM then. Thanks for the effort!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Dhael Warbird, Qaw’Dun Bird of Prey, and Rhode Island

I own Rhode Island Retrofit which is a lot better then the free one here. I see the other two would go for ROM and KDF family. But ROM for Dhael Warbird. But these are not T6 nor T5U. Gorn SCI/Support Vessel given in the last free giveaway was the best for KDF. I guess Dhael Warbird for ROM then. Thanks for the effort!
    Nothing was said that the ships given away would be at least Tier 5. The ships given away (while I already had the Rhode Island) are fine as they are.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good god, some people are never happy.

"This free toy isn't good enough waaah."

Seriously even my nephew has more manners and sense, and he's only 5. The entitlement complex some people have is really quite staggering.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ships are nice!

Ships with consoles are even nicer!

Thank you again for the giveaway.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    fallinorfallinor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to clarify some info I thought I saw earlier.

If I claim these ships now with the appropriate faction character, will future characters of that faction be able to claim the ship too?

For ex., I claim the Rhode Island on my current Fed (lvl 24 ). Will Fed alts I create in the future also be able you get the ship when they qualify?

Thanks in advance for any info, and thank you Cryptic for the freebies!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fallinor wrote: »
    I'd like to clarify some info I thought I saw earlier.

If I claim these ships now with the appropriate faction character, will future characters of that faction be able to claim the ship too?

For ex., I claim the Rhode Island on my current Fed (lvl 24 ). Will Fed alts I create in the future also be able you get the ship when they qualify?

Thanks in advance for any info, and thank you Cryptic for the freebies!

Right. Once claimed on any character it will be available to any other character you currently own or WILL create in the future. It's an account wide unlock.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm, all my characters are admirals already, but a free ship is always nice. Thanks, Cryptic.

And it looks like my prediction came true: a ship and console is more useful in gameplay than a uniform. Furthermore, each ship would usually go for 1000Z.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm, all my characters are admirals already, but a free ship is always nice. Thanks, Cryptic.

And it looks like my prediction came true: a ship and console is more useful in gameplay than a uniform. Furthermore, each ship would usually go for 1000Z.

Actually...750 Zen is their price. They are all Tier 2 ships.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Misremembered the Zen-tier scaling. My point stands.
  • Options
    samgrovesamgrove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You gave this out like last year or the year before. Something different might be nice. Exeter class possibly? Idk, just something you havn't given out before.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    samgrove wrote: »
    You gave this out like last year or the year before. Something different might be nice. Exeter class possibly? Idk, just something you havn't given out before.

The Rhode Island was given out 2 years ago. The other two though were not. The year the Rhode Island was given out, the KDF got a Tier 3 ship, the Phalanx Science Ship. It was because the first day kinda cheaped out the KDF with a Uniform on Day 1 and than a shuttles on Day 2 (the Yellowstone and To'Duj).
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    For our third free giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out three different ships! Star Trek Online has lead the charge into the Delta Quadrant with the help of the Federation, KDF, and Romulan forces! In honor of their work, we’re giving out a ship per faction!

Anybody want to tell me which ships they are? Just so I know if I have them already and if so then there's no point in logging into the game.

Edit: NVM, found it. Already have them, woot no need to login.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rhyusssrhyusss Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm all for free giveaways in any game. But, when they start giving away items that they have given away in the past, then it no longer becomes a giveaway, it becomes a re-hash. The last two days they have given away items that they have probably given away in previous anniversary giveaways or at some other point in time. Stop re-hashing old giveaways and give us stuff that has not been given away before. Anybody that has been in the game from the beginning like I have (although I haven't played the game the hole time) all the free giveaways we have already gotten, so, give new stuff, like other free ships, or free bridges that have not been given out before, or ship modules, or other free uniforms that has not been given out already, or come up with new stuff to give away. I mean, you took the time to create the Kobali Cruiser just for the anniversary, why not have created other new, less major items like that, associated with the expansion of the Delta Quadrant.
  • Options
    samgrovesamgrove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    The Rhode Island was given out 2 years ago. The other two though were not. The year the Rhode Island was given out, the KDF got a Tier 3 ship, the Phalanx Science Ship. It was because the first day kinda cheaped out the KDF with a Uniform on Day 1 and than a shuttles on Day 2 (the Yellowstone and To'Duj).

Sorry, should've been specific, I was talking about the Rhode Island, while I love the ship, still kinda peeved that this day wasn't worth much for the Feds.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope tommorow brings out some level 50 tier 5 or tier 6 ships
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    samgrove wrote: »
    Sorry, should've been specific, I was talking about the Rhode Island, while I love the ship, still kinda peeved that this day wasn't worth much for the Feds.

Yes it was. The majority of Federation players either wouldn't have been around two years ago, or wouldn't have been around on the single day that the ship was given away.

It wasn't worth anything for my Federation characters, or yours evidently, but to say that it wasn't worth much to Federation players as a whole is blatantly incorrect.

Stop being so self centred.

-K
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Fed ship was a gift already. I got it last time, and currently using part of the looks now on my Sci. And consul is already equipped. However the other 2 is all new. I can't use the ships, but I can use the consuls. So I will get them and make use of them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for these gifts, already had the Rhode island but all the rest of the gifts where new to me.

Looking forward to seeing the episode.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    insideyourmominsideyourmom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ehrlehn wrote: »
    Even if I already have the items, thank you.

I know, right? They don't have to give anything away but they do. People come in these forums asking for more or different things. I have a free account so any kind of present seems awesome.

Thanks STO!