test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And the maint. extensions begin LMAO

tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Anyone notice the launcher changing from 6-9 to 6-9:30?
rofl
Post edited by tantho on

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    do maintiance on your own PC before you do however tell us how long it will take then hit the begin button
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ooowww. You made the Craptic Defence Trolls sad... 8-(

Bad bad boy!

8-)
  • Options
    domisthemandomistheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tantho wrote: »
    rofl

now its 10:30
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    now its 10:30

This is so pathetic...

Not suprising, sadly.
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    do maintiance on your own PC before you do however tell us how long it will take then hit the begin button

15 mins. How about you?
  • Options
    wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The dev team needs to set 4hr weekly maintenace schedules instead of having to extend it every week.
    Whats the point in giving way to short estimates when you can't keep to them.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    smirk AWOL again?
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tantho wrote: »
    rofl

try Wii-fit, it's fun
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    lightbrand1lightbrand1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol not suprising.... they should have 12 hour window....
  • Options
    dianqverdianqver Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    getting out the popcorn and beer...:cool:
  • Options
    trogolytetrogolyte Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I noticed that along with the change to 10:30am Redshirt appeared as an option on the launcher....
  • Options
    suphoriasuphoria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nothing says patch day like spending lunch time wondering when the extensions stop.
  • Options
    faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lets see...munchies-check,coffee-check,netflix online-check,book-check,and last but not least:a good sense of humor rdy-check,ok ready for the maint extensions and the forum reading^^
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was bad enough seeing that all we got was 1 bug fix taking more than 2 hours, but this is ridiculous! Well, off to War Thunder.
  • Options
    nosneianosneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i just started playign yesterday and had some issues with disconnecting every 5 minites, so today i decided to turn off my firewall and see if that worked. now i find the server is down :( are these extensions really the norm?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bemlega wrote: »
    smirk AWOL again?

Was he ever here to begin with?

Did he ever exist?

:eek:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You're all surprised that it got bumped back to 10:30? Really? I'll be surprised if it doesn't get bumped back to 11:30!!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ferengi style betting pool on the final server live time anyone?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You're all surprised that it got bumped back to 10:30? Really? I'll be surprised if it doesn't get bumped back to 11:30!!

Still time.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nosneia wrote: »
    i just started playign yesterday and had some issues with disconnecting every 5 minites, so today i decided to turn off my firewall and see if that worked. now i find the server is down :( are these extensions really the norm?

well,to be honest,they usually have maint every thurs so yeah,but on the other side of the coin,here lately there has been a rash of maint extensions...which allways comes with the big updates and new content stuff,all I can say is "hang in there" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nosneianosneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »

We don't know. There's been no official announcements. But five of the last eight maintenance periods have been extended, and two of those other three, there were no changes to the game, just a server reset. In four of those five cases, there have been no official announcements on this forum (which is where the launcher directs us to look) regarding extensions until after the originally announced end time had passed.
    they sound like they're worse then nexon. at least nexon comes up with an excuse.
  • Options
    wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I guess i'll spend the money that i save by not spending it on STO, to instigate World War 3 :mad:
  • Options
    allensmith1981allensmith1981 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its actually a little worrying that they have to have these maintenance windows at all, it implies the game is not resilient. It should be possible to identify a quite period of time, drop all players onto a few servers, upgrade the rest, then sync the user data from the non upgrade server to the upgraded server, drop all users onto the upgraded servers and upgrade the remaining servers.

This is the essence of cloud computing and 98% uptimes!
  • Options
    dianqverdianqver Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dakaan750 wrote: »
    I guess i'll spend the money that i save by not spending it on STO, to instigate World War 3 :mad:

you are on the right track to become fleet admiral. :D
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    . But five of the last eight maintenance periods have been extended, and two of those other three, there were no changes to the game, just a server reset.

Well to be fair, no changes that might change content and gameplay. The patch notes generally don't the nitty gritty details of how the game works apart from what people might notice. Did anyone check to see if under the hood systems (ex. networking) were updated?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We don't know. There's been no official announcements. But five of the last eight maintenance periods have been extended, and two of those other three, there were no changes to the game, just a server reset. In four of those five cases, there have been no official announcements on this forum (which is where the launcher directs us to look) regarding extensions until after the originally announced end time had passed.

Doh! You have to look in the Neverwinter Forums for news on STO downtime!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?826131-Neverwinter-Scheduled-Maintenance-1-15-at-6-AM-PST

Everybody knows that! 8-P
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't even mind if they extend the maint. for more than a day or even a week if they finally came up with some of the following:
    - balance
    - bug fixes
    - high quality content