Install Arc
Options

And the maint. extensions begin LMAO

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Option 1: The patch is done in the time-frame and is not checked for possible problems, everyone downloads it and signs in and causes massive havoc for everyone trying to play.

Option 2: The patch is done and it is checked for problems, problems are found so they extend the time the server is offline to try and fix the problems so it doesn't cause havoc for the players.

Personally I prefer they take the extra time to make sure the patch works.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    "Fix the game! This is unacceptable and I am angry!"

"Okay, we're fixing the game."

"You're taking too long to fix the game! This is unacceptable I am angry!"

"Okay. We just won't say anything then."

"You aren't saying anything! This is unacceptable and I am angry!"

^this about sums up this whole thread.

but you forgot
    "Okay the servers are up"

"You didn't fix what I wanted you to fix! This is unacceptable I am angry!"
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After maintenance "server not responding" in every two minutes.
    21:40 GMT+1 Attempting to connect to controller tracker....
    Nice server fix!
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice server fix!

Same issue here. Can get logged in.
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice server fix!
    Well, you wanted it up faster...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, you'd prefer they use the Scotty Formula, and multiply all estimates by a factor of 4?

"How long will this Ikea desk take to make Scotty?"

"8 Weeks, captain."

"You've got 4."

"Aye, Captain."

[Rubs hands together, gets out the Scotch and the Tennent's Super]

"Nobber. Party at mine, Eighteen Hundred. Bring some Orion besoms."
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, you wanted it up faster...

well, you slowed it down so much...
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gruven999 wrote: »
    You believe someone will show up?

Until now I only got faced with some drones...and that remindes me a lot where PWE the current publisher is coming of. The way and disrespect they care us with is somekind speaking a lot about this already.

I'm not US, but somehow I remember that I got cared always quite well by US companines, even if not is excellent and brilliant but mostly with respect which is sometimes missing in good old Europe. In STO this seems to be totally different...service like stoneage and I guess even in that time frame someone who made a deal was caring more then in compare to here.

The U.S. ain't what it used to be, friend. The days of corporations giving a hoot about their customers are long gone and they were never great to begin with.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The U.S. ain't what it used to be, friend. The days of corporations giving a hoot about their customers are long gone and they were never great to begin with.
    Actually this was only ever true for the wealthy.... and it still is. So you're really comparing apples to oranges here.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Here's my point in all this : Customer Service. And no, I do not mean a customer service department.

I'm perfectly fine with the announced weekly maintenances. I'm even fine with the idea that sometimes extended maintenances may be necessary, even on an emergency basis. But the Launcher directs us to come to the forums for information, and then there isn't any. Four times in the last eight weeks, maintenance has been extended without an official announcement apearing on the forum during the regularly scheduled timeframe.

But let's look at another company's customer service. I have been doing business with Amazon since... 1996? 1997? Something like that. I've placed literally dozens of orders for all sorts of things.

And in that whole time I have never been unhappy with them. Why? Customer service.

Every. Single. Time. I order something I am given a clearly stated estimate of its arrival. 90+% of the time, it arrives prior to or on the estimated arrival date. But the real point is what happened the other times.

I've had three or four orders that arrived late over the years. And in every case - including a package that was in transit on 9/11 - I received an email with a revised delivery date estimate, and that was received before the original estimate had passed. In the case of the 9/11 package, it happened four times, each estimate adding two days, and the package eventually arrived seven days late - one day after the fourth two-day extension (and so technically one day early). One of those included the info that the package had been being shipped partially by air and was being transferred to a truck.

Now, back to maintenances. A clearly stated, accurate estimate of the end time, posted in the place that the launcher directs us to, which is updated in the same way if circumstances make the original estimate inaccurate? Is that really too much to ask?

Ok so you are comparing a delay for a game being offline for maintenance, to a package being delayed because of an attack that caused all flights to be grounded not to mention the thousands of people that died from it. Sorry that was so inconvenient that your package was delayed. I know it is of the same level as having to wait for a GAME server to come back online.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok... and this means what for Cryptic? As-is they tell us when maintenance has been delayed.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg