edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    "Fix the game! This is unacceptable and I am angry!"

"Okay, we're fixing the game."

"You're taking too long to fix the game! This is unacceptable I am angry!"

"Okay. We just won't say anything then."

"You aren't saying anything! This is unacceptable and I am angry!"

funny

but on other Hand if i knew that the Server is down so Long i took my wife and get in nice Restaurant instead of waiting hours to turn in contraband on 13 feds. Now me is pissed cause i lost dili and wife is pissed again i spend hours in Forums writing bull**** - well done
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015

go fish??? :rolleyes:
  • opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't mind the extended downtime, I'm sure they don't party there. What I miss is being informed about it. Not on twitter, not on facebook, but here, in the official forums where the launcher is directing players for information.
    Neverwinter forums are not helpful anymore because their server is up, so no more updates.

I really miss Brandon...
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015

A bit passive-aggressive this morning sir ;)

I'm a firm believer in giving your deployment team all the room and time they need to get the job done right the first time. NOTHING spoils the mood faster than having to to role back something that toon 3 hours to deploy.
    opsjoy wrote: »
    I don't mind the extended downtime, I'm sure they don't party there. What I miss is being informed about it. Not on twitter, not on facebook, but here, in the official forums where the launcher is directing players for information.
    Neverwinter forums are not helpful anymore because their server is up, so no more updates.

I really miss Brandon...

Cryptic's communication is lacking, but given anything they would say will be met with derision it's no wonder they don't bother.
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    getting a green light on my east coast server! see yall in game^^
  • elgibaldelgibald Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    koyvar wrote: »
    Is the winter event done after the servers come back? I was missing 40 Q pictures -_-

Get ingame Q is still there and Wonderland is still available
  • fusionax77fusionax77 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When in doubt, check all of the forums. From Trailturtle @ Champions Online...
    Quick update: We're not completely out of the woods. The Cryptic game servers are having trouble connecting to some of our other servers, including billing and some other web services. (Account Guard was also having trouble, but we fixed that.)

For the moment, you won't be able to use billing. We're working to get that resolved ASAP, we'll let you know when it's good.
    Update: Looks like we're all fixed. Only issue left is signing up for subscriptions is still down, but that should be fixed soon.

It seems like billing is being buggy. My guess is that STO is so heavily integrated with billing and such that the game breaks into bits without it.

Hence, the extensions.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    They literally have no idea themselves.

I guess the logic is, why make public announcements that are probably going to be wrong anyway, while everyone is throwing rotten veggies at you.

Its safer just to wait until the servers have been up for several hours, then make the announcement that all is well.

Watch.

Yep. Several hours, it is best to ignore the day you are on and come back the next day when maintenance is on.

For a long time I have gone back to playing another game I was playing around the time STO was in beta but have now just downloaded another one. Since the maintenance has been extended yet again I am now going to jump into that and forget about STO for today.

I have been playing since Beta and payed up and beyond F2P and Crytpic did add a lot more after F2P but that doesn't always work. IMO the game is less about Star Trek now. The only things that are Star Trek are probably the ships and species in the game. They just add more and more reputations and the missions aren't that different

They should find a way to go back and do some 'historical missions'. The Spectres FE was interesting as well as Temporal Ambassador. They should do more past missions and content focusing on TNG/DS9 etc. If they add the Borg as a playable race they will be less interesting in the existing timeline then if we could play them TNG era and follow them from that timeline.

So annoying changing stuff like the icons.. really? Every issue in STO and they want to make EVERYONE learn the icons again.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    olessius wrote: »
    Disrespect for my time and disrespect for my patronage.

Not cool, Cryptic.

+1

My opinion of how Cryptic views their relationship with customers is this - you are only renting that ship, and your subscription is more or less the fee to enter their theme park and fly it.

Thunderstorm?

No rainchecks; come back when the weather clears if you can. If not? That's your problem, and we don't want to hear about it.
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    elgibald wrote: »
    Get ingame Q is still there and Wonderland is still available

Yep, got all my things and bobs and stuff! Thanks for the heads up :)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    Key words in my post: EXTENDED down time. When Blizzard posts maintenance periods, they RARELY miss the mark.

Sure, they have 5-6 hrs maintenance times, but the servers are usually up when they say they will be, or earlier.
    And, had Cryptic said 5-6 hours, they would have been dead on this time. And most weeks, they would have been hours early.

So, you'd prefer they use the Scotty Formula, and multiply all estimates by a factor of 4?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Attempting to connect to controller tracker..

This is all my launcher has said for half an hour they broke it
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm so glad we got this super long downtime. I just got all boff powers and loadout deleted - have to reset the entire ship. Nice work!!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Option 1: The patch is done in the time-frame and is not checked for possible problems, everyone downloads it and signs in and causes massive havoc for everyone trying to play.

Option 2: The patch is done and it is checked for problems, problems are found so they extend the time the server is offline to try and fix the problems so it doesn't cause havoc for the players.

Personally I prefer they take the extra time to make sure the patch works.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited January 2015

^this about sums up this whole thread.

but you forgot
    "Okay the servers are up"

"You didn't fix what I wanted you to fix! This is unacceptable I am angry!"
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After maintenance "server not responding" in every two minutes.
    21:40 GMT+1 Attempting to connect to controller tracker....
    Nice server fix!
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice server fix!

Same issue here. Can get logged in.
    f86cqFw.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice server fix!
    Well, you wanted it up faster...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, you'd prefer they use the Scotty Formula, and multiply all estimates by a factor of 4?

"How long will this Ikea desk take to make Scotty?"

"8 Weeks, captain."

"You've got 4."

"Aye, Captain."

[Rubs hands together, gets out the Scotch and the Tennent's Super]

"Nobber. Party at mine, Eighteen Hundred. Bring some Orion besoms."
    giphy.gif
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, you wanted it up faster...

well, you slowed it down so much...
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gruven999 wrote: »
    You believe someone will show up?

Until now I only got faced with some drones...and that remindes me a lot where PWE the current publisher is coming of. The way and disrespect they care us with is somekind speaking a lot about this already.

I'm not US, but somehow I remember that I got cared always quite well by US companines, even if not is excellent and brilliant but mostly with respect which is sometimes missing in good old Europe. In STO this seems to be totally different...service like stoneage and I guess even in that time frame someone who made a deal was caring more then in compare to here.

The U.S. ain't what it used to be, friend. The days of corporations giving a hoot about their customers are long gone and they were never great to begin with.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The U.S. ain't what it used to be, friend. The days of corporations giving a hoot about their customers are long gone and they were never great to begin with.
    Actually this was only ever true for the wealthy.... and it still is. So you're really comparing apples to oranges here.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Here's my point in all this : Customer Service. And no, I do not mean a customer service department.

I'm perfectly fine with the announced weekly maintenances. I'm even fine with the idea that sometimes extended maintenances may be necessary, even on an emergency basis. But the Launcher directs us to come to the forums for information, and then there isn't any. Four times in the last eight weeks, maintenance has been extended without an official announcement apearing on the forum during the regularly scheduled timeframe.

But let's look at another company's customer service. I have been doing business with Amazon since... 1996? 1997? Something like that. I've placed literally dozens of orders for all sorts of things.

And in that whole time I have never been unhappy with them. Why? Customer service.

Every. Single. Time. I order something I am given a clearly stated estimate of its arrival. 90+% of the time, it arrives prior to or on the estimated arrival date. But the real point is what happened the other times.

I've had three or four orders that arrived late over the years. And in every case - including a package that was in transit on 9/11 - I received an email with a revised delivery date estimate, and that was received before the original estimate had passed. In the case of the 9/11 package, it happened four times, each estimate adding two days, and the package eventually arrived seven days late - one day after the fourth two-day extension (and so technically one day early). One of those included the info that the package had been being shipped partially by air and was being transferred to a truck.

Now, back to maintenances. A clearly stated, accurate estimate of the end time, posted in the place that the launcher directs us to, which is updated in the same way if circumstances make the original estimate inaccurate? Is that really too much to ask?

Ok so you are comparing a delay for a game being offline for maintenance, to a package being delayed because of an attack that caused all flights to be grounded not to mention the thousands of people that died from it. Sorry that was so inconvenient that your package was delayed. I know it is of the same level as having to wait for a GAME server to come back online.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok... and this means what for Cryptic? As-is they tell us when maintenance has been delayed.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg