test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Personal Log (Part 1)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Starfleet Intelligence has just intercepted an unusual transmission! It appears to be a personal log, detailing the thoughts of a Kobali. See what you can decipher, Captains and stay tuned for more information.

You can read the report here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dun dun daahhhhh!!!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I figured that we'd be seeing more of that. :) You don't drop something like that in without developing it, after all.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What's the Kobali equivalent of Ensign? ;)
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Umg plot twist

Seriously, its nice that you are revisiting this. I just hope its an iconian plot
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yup . . .

i know who :cool:
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Predictable. But should be fun.

$1000 says Iconians are involved somehow.
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    really you going to bring back the harry who died for the anniversary wjy stop their bring back baby naomi wildman to . really i am not a big fan of the konali and their descecration of peoples remains and i can't see starfleet to happy about it either because now it seems the people still retain memories of their past
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    Who cares about Ensign Kobali?! :P

THE BORG ARE PARKED BY THE WORMHOLE! LET ME GO THERE!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So is it Captain Harry or one of his clones ill-fated clones? (And I really should finish up the Kobali Prime storyline, it might actually answer that question).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    canis36 wrote: »
    So is it Captain Harry or one of his clones ill-fated clones? (And I really should finish up the Kobali Prime storyline, it might actually answer that question).

Oh snap...yeah...spoilers. Shhhhhhh! Don't look at the picture in the blog! Look away, look away!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Who cares about Ensign Kobali?! :P

THE BORG ARE PARKED BY THE WORMHOLE! LET ME GO THERE!

I think we'll get both. Somehow, the Borg at the wormhole must be connected to reviving the original Kim...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Not much longer now, and he’ll be with us." Or pay 18,000 dilithium to finish him now...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,075 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    proteus22 wrote: »
    really you going to bring back the harry who died for the anniversary wjy stop their bring back baby naomi wildman to . really i am not a big fan of the konali and their descecration of peoples remains and i can't see starfleet to happy about it either because now it seems the people still retain memories of their past

Um... in the one episode of Voyager that had the Kobali, a Kobali female came to Voyager claiming to be a crewman who died. So its actually Canon that Kobali can remember their past.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Not much longer now, and he’ll be with us." Or pay 18,000 dilithium to finish him now...

So it's a 20 hour wait for Ensign Permie Newbie?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Only 18k?! That's a steal!
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited January 2015

I actually hear it gets better, once you get to Level 15 in the Reincarnation R&D school. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There you go...at what point will be get the new Kobali R&D School? ;)

Will the Anniversary Event reward a Purple DOFF needed for that school? :D

Damn it, pseudo ninja'd!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There you go...at what point will be get the new Kobali R&D School? ;)

Will the Anniversary Event reward a Purple DOFF needed for that school? :D

Damn it, pseudo ninja'd!

It would actually be an intriguing addition to the game... if only for the sake of novelty. :) Plug in a BOFF of your choice, throw some materials in, and out pops a new Kobali BOFF. :D
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

SPOILERS PAST THIS POINT.

It is the original Harry Kim that died in the episode Deadlock and his body was lost in space. The current Captain Kim is a duplicate created in that episode, same as Naomi Wildman.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It would actually be an intriguing addition to the game... if only for the sake of novelty. :) Plug in a BOFF of your choice, throw some materials in, and out pops a new Kobali BOFF. :D

Finally, a way to get rid of Tovan Khev!
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm just surprised it was so not-vague. I thought marketing people always withheld all the information they possibly could?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Another note...

Why is Starfleet Intelligence intercepting the equivalent of some girl's diary entry? :P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    Finally, a way to get rid of Tovan Khev!

Nope, he'd just come back as Khovan Tev.
    Another note...

Why is Starfleet Intelligence intercepting the equivalent of some girl's diary entry? :P

To see if she thinks they're cute.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Wonder if they got Kim Rhodes to come in for Ballard?

link
  • Options
    admlanceladmlancel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Why are there no spoiler tags?

Bah! It's not a big spoiler, but if you're crazy about it, ignore this

SPOILER

Creepily enough, the dead Kim she's talking about is Actual Harry Kim from the prime universe. Captain Kim is from a parallel universe (so is Naomi Wildman) in which things went decidedly better for Voyager as depicted in the events of the episode Deadlock. Actual Kim was killed when a hull breach threw him into space, and Parallel Kim replaced him on Voyager's crew. The woman speaking is, of course, the Kobalified former Ensign Lyndsay Ballard (from the episode Ashes To Ashes), who would know that this thing happened to Kim back in Season 2, and know where Voyager was when it happened. So the Kobali dispatched War Rocket Ajax and brought back his body.

END SPOILER
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I loled :)

Seriously, it's nice to see them revisit this. I can't wait to see what happens though I knew this was coming with whats-her-ensign :)
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The harry in the stasis tube is our harry from our quantum universe, capt kim is a quantum duplicate.
    Will admit its kinda creepy how "Lyndsay Ballard" is watching, just wanting..... creepy!.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    There are a couple of possibilities here:

The stasis pod contains a Harry Kim from the series, quite possibly the remains of Harry Kim Prime from the episode Deadlock. Harry Kim from the alternate universe brings alternate Naomi Wildman from the second Voyager just before it's destruction. It's possible that they got his remains from there.

The stasis pod contains a clone from material she collected in Ashes to Ashes. It took 30 years to get to this state. This seems the more probable, and the trope is well used in science fiction.

The stasis pod contains a duplicate Harry Kim that somehow survived the episode Course: Oblivion, or is from the inital duplicate crew left on the Demon-class planet from Demon. This is a huge longshot - but it has a lot of potential.

By introducing 'Demon' Silverblood characters STO could bring back anyone, primarily from Voyager or any series for that matter.

The Pod could contain either the real Harry Kim or a clone, or a timeline extant version of him from the Timeless episode. Another version of Kim is found from one of the multi-verses who survived the initial quantum slipstream jump that destroyed Voyager in the now alternate timeline. Yup I went total JJ on this idea.

This could be a Harry recreated by the Taresians. They had his genetic material.

Or this could be an alternate timeline version of Harry, perhaps a dry run 'cast off' from the aliens in Non Sequitor.

Did I miss anything?