test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Personal Log (Part 1)

Comments

• cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How likely is it that get the chance to earn previous anniversary stuff?
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Not much longer now, and he’ll be with us." Or pay 18,000 dilithium to finish him now...

This is so awesome.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    admlancel wrote: »
    SPOILER

Creepily enough, the dead Kim she's talking about is Actual Harry Kim from the prime universe. Captain Kim is from a parallel universe (so is Naomi Wildman) in which things went decidedly better for Voyager as depicted in the events of the episode Deadlock. Actual Kim was killed when a hull breach threw him into space, and Parallel Kim replaced him on Voyager's crew. The woman speaking is, of course, the Kobalified former Ensign Lyndsay Ballard (from the episode Ashes To Ashes), who would know that this thing happened to Kim back in Season 2, and know where Voyager was when it happened. So the Kobali dispatched War Rocket Ajax and brought back his body.

END SPOILER

There's no alternate universe. The episode involved Voyager being duplicated by some anomaly and our Captain Kim is the duplicate. The original Kim was killed in the episode.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm calling Intel-Nova as anniversary ship... and poor harry ehm keten will not be the one to captain it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Another note...

Why is Starfleet Intelligence intercepting the equivalent of some girl's diary entry? :P

Starfleet Intelligence likes to draw little hearts and flowers on their intelligence reports to Command. They're kind of an odd bunch.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Presenting a poorly done haiku...

Another Harry.
    He is now a Kobali.
    I have a headache.

(Bows and runs off the stage, dodging rotten tomatoes.) :D
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • love4spacelove4space Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My Conn Officer has pick up an very interesting log from some one using sub-space it seem to me to be a personal log. From what we ( My self, First officer an Conn Officer) can figure out it from someone who has past an was found by the Kobial people who rebirth back to life an transform this person into an Kobial. I have decided to have my team to quietly have them to continue to flag any thing in sub-space on this topics. Maybe we can find out who send it an we can find out who they was before this rebirth. :cool:
  • veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's no alternate universe. The episode involved Voyager being duplicated by some anomaly and our Captain Kim is the duplicate. The original Kim was killed in the episode.

You are mostly right. In the episode the entire ship was duplicated. There is no "original" or "Duplicate" now though. It was never clear in the episode which ship was actually the "extra" one. In addition, the duplication process created quantum duplicates, so it was not like Voyager was photocopied, with one clearly a copy. It was two originals (like if you order two copies of your birth certificate, they do not copy the second, they print you two originals).

But just to be extra clear, they are never clear in that episode which ship was the "real" one and which was the duplicate.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I did my best to understand this by looking back at some episodes, but still am confused at what the hell is going on.

Guess we'll just wait and see what happens, what new ship we'll get for the Anniversary, and how the over-priced ZEN/Lobi version of the ship will turn out. :P
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well there have been a good few bring back dead harry threads since we learned the delta quadrent was coming to sto, and people say the devs don't read the forums.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    All will be revealed.

You can bet on it.
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ooohh can't wait!! :D
  • magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's very possible that the Kim we all worked with is really a puppet of the Iconians, or a member of that break away group of Undine that had the fake Starfleet Academy.

Either way it's a mystery going into the 5th year anniversary event.
  • stratiussstratiuss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If cryptic was smart they would develop a stronger villain in this story whether that be the Iconians or possible an evil Harry Kim that blames the Federation for his death. I can see the merit of further extending the Iconian plot as the Iconians had extensive time travel and the federation would not be much of a threat to the Iconians, at least at this time. This would also explain why the Iconians chose to interfere with the Federation now while they are not a threat. This would also give Cryptic the opportunity to be lazy again and keep recycling the same old ideas that have been hint at but never expanded on since the beginning of the game. No matter what Cryptic chooses I will be exceedingly disappointed if the anniversary story is a one and done episode that does not connect to a larger story arc of some sort. I would also love to see Keten become a reoccurring character but Cryptic will most likely smother him out either with a write out, such as remembering nothing of his old life and being a normal Kobali, or having him die somehow.
  • coldwinterskycoldwintersky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ummmm how about Harry Kim? Pretty sure I saw him dead in a pod!!!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's very possible that the Kim we all worked with is really a puppet of the Iconians, or a member of that break away group of Undine that had the fake Starfleet Academy.

Either way it's a mystery going into the 5th year anniversary event.

Wow, I need a nap. I read that as "or a member of that break dance group of Undine"...
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Presumably the Harry Kim the Kobali have in the tube is the original that was killed after being sucked out into space in the Season 2 VOY episode Deadlock.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are a couple of possibilities here:

The stasis pod contains a Harry Kim from the series, quite possibly the remains of Harry Kim Prime from the episode Deadlock. Harry Kim from the alternate universe brings alternate Naomi Wildman from the second Voyager just before it's destruction. It's possible that they got his remains from there.

The stasis pod contains a clone from material she collected in Ashes to Ashes. It took 30 years to get to this state. This seems the more probable, and the trope is well used in science fiction.

The stasis pod contains a duplicate Harry Kim that somehow survived the episode Course: Oblivion, or is from the inital duplicate crew left on the Demon-class planet from Demon. This is a huge longshot - but it has a lot of potential.

By introducing 'Demon' Silverblood characters STO could bring back anyone, primarily from Voyager or any series for that matter.

The Pod could contain either the real Harry Kim or a clone, or a timeline extant version of him from the Timeless episode. Another version of Kim is found from one of the multi-verses who survived the initial quantum slipstream jump that destroyed Voyager in the now alternate timeline. Yup I went total JJ on this idea.

This could be a Harry recreated by the Taresians. They had his genetic material.

Or this could be an alternate timeline version of Harry, perhaps a dry run 'cast off' from the aliens in Non Sequitor.

Did I miss anything?

Ummmmm...well, in the words of Austin Powers......
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Assuming this is the same Harry from Deadlock, then this will prove to be a very strange and very awkward plot line.
  • mdm454mdm454 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    Finally, a way to get rid of Tovan Khev!

He would be the one Kobali that they wouldn't track down and bring back. No one wants Tovan, not even the Kobali.
  • kondemorkondemor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Starfleet Intelligenge should be ashamed. In the middle of a war with an enemy of unprecedented power that can destroy every civilization in the Galaxy, they publish the diary of a Kobali in love. I'm Terran and thought that we surpased the sad XXI century, where the so called press wasted their time in exposing the private lifes of the people to the public in crude vidyas??

Are we willing to revive that time again? The wars trough the planet? The disco music? The raise of Khan?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Ummmmm...well, in the words of Austin Powers......

LOL

/10chars
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Did I miss anything?

Iconians
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The first time i saw that cut scene of Harry in that "coffin" i just knew this ain't over.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • bense2355bense2355 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's definitely not going to be anything silverblood. We know what happens to them outside of demon class planets.
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    overlapo wrote: »
    SPOILERS PAST THIS POINT.

It is the original Harry Kim that died in the episode Deadlock and his body was lost in space. The current Captain Kim is a duplicate created in that episode, same as Naomi Wildman.

In all actuality, that episode is quite vague on exactly who is the clone and who is the original. The ship that is emitting the bursts considers themselves the "Prime Ship", but it could be the other way around...

But anywhoo ... Nice integration of early Voyager episodes, Cryptic.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The stasis pod contains a Harry Kim from the series, quite possibly the remains of Harry Kim Prime from the episode Deadlock. Harry Kim from the alternate universe brings alternate Naomi Wildman from the second Voyager just before it's destruction.

Thats probably the most likely.
    So is the Kobali supposed to be Lyndsay Ballard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • bense2355bense2355 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is no other explanation than Ballard.
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thats probably the most likely.
    So is the Kobali supposed to be Lyndsay Ballard?

Very clearly, yes. She talks about her time aboard Voyager.

I suppose Cryptic COULD make up someone else that died and happened to get Kobali-ized but... that would only be a good idea if they really needed a new, Cryptic character for some reason.

I liked Lindsay Ballard in that episode.
  • laportejlaportej Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Poor dumb Har...er, Keten.

Hope his next life treats him better than his first.

Yeah, like finally getting a promotion?!! Poor guy could never get another pip on his color.