Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 9, 2015

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    As a result of adding new Specializations, will there be a free "respec" of the points already spent?

No. /10char
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Never Mind... I'm an idiot.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    UH OH...

They have upped the Specialization Points needed for EACH option.

It takes TWO points to get ONE Specialization Option now.

It has taken me a week to get one point... that's one heck of a time gate!!

Another Nerf Bites Our Butts!

:eek:

No it doesn't. it only costs one point.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why is the character copy feature broken?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    UH OH...

They have upped the Specialization Points needed for EACH option.

It takes TWO points to get ONE Specialization Option now.

If you're finding this, it's incorrect. Each Specialization node should still only cost a single point.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    No it doesn't. it only costs one point.

Oh stupid me... I have two points to spend.

:o
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Good:

Secondary Deflectors, finally !

Un-/Select all button for donating Doffs !

+4 new missions

Bad:

-11 old missions
    The 11 removed missions weren't really consistent with the overall story in that part of the game. I don't mind that they were removed.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    I am not clear here

As I understand it I have to earn 20 specialization points to train my bridge officers ?

That's 3 million xps that's 300 argala runs just to train my bridge officers ?

And this is per character right ? not account wide

If this is true I guess we can just forget our alt characters
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now everyone can call me a fan boy or a white knight, but I really want to say thank you to the team. It seems that especially this time the game mechanic guys and girls? did some overtime.

Thanks Borticus and the teams.
  • Options
    donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    what use is a test server if the character copy is broken, it says it copies characters and doesnt, been this way for weeks.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I am not clear here

As I understand it I have to earn 20 specialization points to train my bridge officers ?

That's 3 million xps that's 300 argala runs just to train my bridge officers ?

And this is per character right ? not account wide

If this is true I guess we can just forget our alt characters

1) It's only 10 points, not 20.
    2) The Manual used to add a Specialization to a Boff can be traded to other characters on your account. To anyone, actually. They are not Bind-on-Pickup.

NOTE: Bridge Officers currently cannot learn a Specialization until their commanding officer (the player) is level 50.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Something I am not seeing anywhere (Bridge Officer Trainer, or the new Training Manuals), how do we train our Boff's in Beam Overload 3 and Torp Spread 3? These seem to be missing?
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That is a lot of missions going away! Hmm, and all Fed only missions? I assume the new missions are Fed only like the ones they are replacing... I am looking forward to giving them a try.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Each PADD to create a Manual costs 500 dilithium and takes four hours...

I guess it could have been worse.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please move the removed missions over to the Foundry , if possible along with any other single or multi player missions that have been removed in the past .
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Judging from these notes, mixed feelings.

I like the Secondary Deflectors. I think I'll like the revamped missions.
    I'll miss some of the older missions. Especially Saturday's Child, for the awesome BURN BABY BURN BABY BURN accolade.

Looking forward to testing all of this.

EDIT:
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Please move the removed missions over to the Foundry , if possible along with any other single or multi player missions that have been removed in the past .

This times 199693048975383859236479362197356517965795479549758517. Although, I think that the Foundry is an extremely simplified version of the development tools, so not sure this works. In that case, let them be on Tribble for people to recreate. Or let them in the game, but out of the story arc (thinking a Traelus System kind of mission here).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    None of my Science Ships I'm currently using on TRIBBLE have the Secondary Deflector Slot...

Do I have to dismiss them to get the slots?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I was expecting 500 Dil based on some of the things said, the 500/4000 that already exist...I never paid attention to the time on the 500 Dil craft though...but uh, 4 hours for a PADD? Wow...hrmm, well then.

Still patching away...wheeee...I guess.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Can you queue more than one padd at a time? does it take time/resources to create a manual after making the padd? can blank padds be sold in the exchange?

(Can't copy characters to tribble, the webpage is broken)
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    Can you queue more than one padd at a time? does it take time/resources to create a manual after making the padd? can blank padds be sold in the exchange?

(Can't copy characters to tribble, the webpage is broken)
    Yes, just like any other component. The same rules apply
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just did some quick Tribble testing:

Bridge Officers are bugged like hell. Half the skills they had on Holodeck, are either missing, or can't be re-slotted. I even crafted a new PADD, and "built" the skill I wanted. But I can't bloody use it on my officer, to "train" it.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Put me down for thinking 4 hours to craft a padd is ridiculous. Also, how do we get skills like torpedo spread 3 and cannon scatter volley 3 that used to be obtainable from consuming boffs?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    About time Divide et Impera was removed. It has to be the worst Starfleet mission ever by making our characters into gullible patsies by making us kill Romulans in a research facility dedicated towards peaceful research. Our Captains should have been court-martialed and forced to become a dilithium miner for being that gullible. It is just too bad that some of the decent Romulan Mystery missions are being removed, but it is a small price to pay for removing Divide et Impera.

Lots of players will be happy about the fix to the Defera City Hard mission.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm, nice that Secondary deflectors are finally getting close. Nice that a number of fixes made their way in.

Not nice another dozen episodes bite the dust supposedly to 'improve overall quality of the game' (I just find removing wrong, that's all). Also not nice training boffs will now carry a dil tax.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This game is becoming more crud everyday. First they give us next to no story missions for Delta and more patrol, now they are taking out Romulan missions. IS this game going to be nothing but patrol missions????
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, nice that Secondary deflectors are finally getting close. Nice that a number of fixes made their way in.

Not nice another dozen episodes bite the dust supposedly to 'improve overall quality of the game' (I just find removing wrong, that's all). Also not nice training boffs will now carry a dil tax.

I rather think they remove them for a complete overhaul. Didnt they do something like this last year with a few missions too?
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Under investigation.

I also haven't been able to transfer any of my characters to Tribble for quite some time now. I even (perhaps foolishly) tried deleting all of my characters on Tribble to see if that would let new ones transfer over. No dice; it just keeps taking me to the character creation screen.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    flyntdoublebrookflyntdoublebrook Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    [*]Episodes which have been removed are:
    • “Divide et Impera”

And the crowd goes wild!
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since you're updating BOFFs, I hope there's a BOFF genetic resequencer update sometime soon. It would be nice to have the species you want with some cool space traits.
  • Options
    pashganpashgan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't see my newly acquired Sarr Theln in the list of ships with secondary deflectors =(