Install Arc
Options

breen chel gret still 1000 post patch 11/12/14

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We are aware with the issues with the Plesh Brek and Chel Gret.

There are fixes inbound, and they should go live this week. Keep an eye on the patch notes to be sure.

THANK YOU!!!! All we needed to know! Someone could have posted this before Christmas or actually that day since someone at Cryptic was posting blogs about the Star Trek San Francisco Convention and deleting posts on the forums. With as many players that are having the issues with the winter event ships the information about the fix should have been the MOST important thing going on at Cryptic. I can assure you some event in SanFran was the last thing many wanted to know about.
  • Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been writing this for OVER A WEEK.

Thanks Cryptic. Now will the rest of you give it a rest and wait for the Thursday patch?

That is the problem, you shouldn't have had to write anything. It should have been communicated to us from the beginning. It was said there was a fix, but there was no reply or information when it wasn't pushed over from tribble after it worked. Even when players asked in this thread why it wasn't pushed over ...there was no reply except from other players. Sorry, but I like to hear it from the people who run the show. If they were going to fix it they should have slapped a sticky in RED somewhere and said WE ARE FIXING IT after Christmas. Leaving players to assumptions and no information on a fix isn't a great way to keep customers.
  • Options
    arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately, I'm off to the Canary Islands for a week, hope I'll be able to fix it before then...
  • Options
    stelvastelva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a slightly different problem. Unlocked Raider last event, discount works fine still; unlocked Carrier this event, discount works fine....

Re-unlocked Warship (Chell Grett) for 1000 Q pics THIS event, GOT DISCOUNT on ALL characters missing it from when it first launched years ago, but due to having to get the Carrier too, one missed out. Then I went for family Christmas stuff in real-life. Came back, went to get that one last character the ship...price back to 1000. For ALL characters now too.

So bleh, somehow the discount vanished through the New Year. And no time now to get 1000 even if i had the drive to do it.

Made a ticket about this
    ID #3,041,280.
  • Options
    platinumdplatinumd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    They DID just get back from a long vacation. I'd say they were pretty quick getting the fix out, considering that.

Right, let us not discuss everybody taking a long vacation when the server and game has been having so many problems. It's good they're fixing it don't get me wrong. Taking a long vacation when there's so much wrong with your product is a lot like those CEO's taking Obama's relief and going on vacation.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lets all just hope that the Patch will go Live Tomorow and everythings works Fine, at least i just want my Ships, anything else is "whatever" :D
  • Options
    kyndarikyndari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep, same issues here. Unlocked the Carrier 2 days ago, discount appears to be fine across all 4 characters (only claimed it on 2 as of this moment) Unlocked the warship and raider today on the other 2 characters and discount is not appearing on the 2 that have claimed the carrier.

Main fed Engi unlocked and claimed carrier, romulan tac claimed carrier with discount. Fed Tac unlocked and claimed Raider, Klink Tac unlocked and claimed warship. Both Warship and Raider discounts not appearing on Fed Engi or Romulan Tac, still looking for 1000 pics. Havent actually checked the Carrier discount on Fed Tac or Klingon yet but assume it will still work as it worked for Romulan.

Fix before the end of the event would be nice to say the least.
  • Options
    itsrobitsrob Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What's the fix, the end of the winter event? Because that hits in a week as well. Who would it have hurt to have just made the people happy and changed the price of the Chell Grett to 40 Pics for everyone and said "Merry Christmas, sorry for the inconvenience" Learn customer service, chell grett costs you nothing. Waiting until the week the event ends to supposedly come up with a possible fix to faulty programming does.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    itsrob wrote: »
    What's the fix, the end of the winter event? Because that hits in a week as well. Who would it have hurt to have just made the people happy and changed the price of the Chell Grett to 40 Pics for everyone and said "Merry Christmas, sorry for the inconvenience" Learn customer service, chell grett costs you nothing. Waiting until the week the event ends to supposedly come up with a possible fix to faulty programming does.

Fixing it Tomorow is allready more than enough, maybe give everyone a little gift to make good for that inconvenience, but not by changing the Ships Prices to 40 for Everyone, because that would be a Slap in the Face for Everyone who Grinded for those Ships, i did 8 Full Runs (2 Accounts 4+4 Chars doing 1000)and 4 Runs on 32 Chars (Main Account) and 12 on Second Account, in Numbers i did the Racing thing 400 Times, now you want People who have not even Participated or maybe on 1 Char to get the same that i did for doing this crazy work? and iam not the only one who did it on so many Chars, there are enough Crazy People in STO like me >:D
  • Options
    rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    itsrob wrote:

Unfortunately they don't understand customer service. They don't realise that they are a service provider, not a product provider who can make a product, take a one off payment and then run. Yes they continue to develop new expansions, but really they should be fixing the mess they have now before their next expansion just destroys everything. Trouble with MMO developers (not just PWE/Cryptic) is they just don't see themselves in the same way as ISPs for example, but thats basically what they are. They have hardware and software that provides access to a service for a subscription (and/or microtransactions) and that system needs to be properly maintained or they risk losing their subscribers/customers. I had to call my ISP on Christmas Eve when my internet dropped out. It always drops out because Virgin Media's UK fibre broadband infrastructure is shocking, but I can not fault their customer service. They already had engineers out to fix the area-wide issue. On Christmas Eve. New Years Eve I got a text message from them saying the area fault had been fixed (although it had been pretty much stable the whole time anyway). It hadn't been properly fixed and it dropped out again so I had to call them again New Years Eve and they answered and said engineers were heading back out. They know that no matter what they have to keep their service running or they lose customers, so they take shifts over the holiday periods. My friends in service jobs sometimes work Christmas day but other years they get it off because someone else covers. But for the entire team, less a couple of community support guys, to take around three weeks vacation over the Christmas/New Year period in a service company is just disgusting. Makes me feel so valued as a customer!
    Fixing it Tomorow is allready more than enough, maybe give everyone a little gift to make good for that inconvenience, but not by changing the Ships Prices to 40 for Everyone, because that would be a Slap in the Face for Everyone who Grinded for those Ships, i did 8 Full Runs (2 Accounts 4+4 Chars doing 1000)and 4 Runs on 32 Chars (Main Account) and 12 on Second Account, in Numbers i did the Racing thing 400 Times, now you want People who have not even Participated or maybe on 1 Char to get the same that i did for doing this crazy work? and iam not the only one who did it on so many Chars, there are enough Crazy People in STO like me >

I did a huge number of runs too. Maybe not as many as you, you crazy guy! But not everyone will be around in time for the fix. I go back to work offshore with poor internet connection from the 9th. Hopefully the fix will be out on the 8th so I can quickly log in and get the full set on all my alts, but if not then that's all my work wasted too, even if its fixed before the winter event ends. No doubt there are others going or already gone abroad, offshore, in the military etc who also put in the effort required but won't be able to benefit from the fix, whereas if it was working as intended from the start they could have got their ships well within time. Maybe if they extend the time the seasonal event rep projects can be slotted by a number of months so we can slot them when we get back or have them for sale in a new seasonal tokens shop or something similar to the lobi store so we can spend our tokens when we return.

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    While i dont Support the idea of Lowering the Price for Everyone, i also think that Extending the Time where the Ship Projects can be slotted is a good Idea, this way People who are not around anymore when the Fix is Live can still get the Ships that they grinded for Later on, but iam not sure what Cryptic would think of that Idea :rolleyes:
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Carrier unlocked fine but Chel Grett did not: I have never owned one until I just. I can speak of the raider because I haven't completed the grind yet.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    curious 4 the next patchnotes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.

I completed the 3 ships all this year each one on a different character and the only one I get the discount for is the T6. The other two are still costing me 1000 on my other characters.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I withhold further comment until a fix goes live and my characters see discounts.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I said it in another thread, but the discount problem is with all three ships, not just two.

I've unlocked one of each ship on different characters for the first time this year, and I'm not getting a discount anywhere afterward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysku9l7zqykoomx/Screenshot%202015-01-07%2015.40.44.png?dl=0
  • Options
    dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We are aware with the issues with the Plesh Brek and Chel Gret.

There are fixes inbound, and they should go live this week. Keep an eye on the patch notes to be sure.

Just adding the post from crypticfrost for people who dont read back through the thread
  • Options
    smithywsmithyw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    I said it in another thread, but the discount problem is with all three ships, not just two.

I've unlocked one of each ship on different characters for the first time this year, and I'm not getting a discount anywhere afterward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysku9l7zqykoomx/Screenshot%202015-01-07%2015.40.44.png?dl=0

The text on the project doesn't change. When you actually add the carrier project the cost will only be 40. The other two stay at 1000
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i too can not clame my breen ship on other characters
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    lordakura wrote: »
    i too can not clame my breen ship on other characters

Is your non-discounted Breen ship still in its Special Requisition Pack Box? If so, try the instructions at this linked post and see if that helps you.
    Post edited by snovern on
  • Options
    kyndarikyndari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seems to be all fixed for me. had to log into the characters that had claimed the raider and warship to register the discount for the rest of the characters but once that was done, it all worked just fine.
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kyndari wrote: »
    Seems to be all fixed for me. had to log into the characters that had claimed the raider and warship to register the discount for the rest of the characters but once that was done, it all worked just fine.

Me too. No issues with the instructions that were given.

I didn't have a chance to observe if the evil snowballs had been exorcise.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,547 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The patch worked for me too.

I suspect people having problems are skipping the steps from the patch instructions -- not logging in with the character that got the ship at full price, not talking to Q, not changing zones.
  • Options
    captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Followed instructions and was able to get the chel gret on other characters but still will not discount the plesh brek. What gives?? :confused:
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,547 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Followed instructions and was able to get the chel gret on other characters but still will not discount the plesh brek. What gives?? :confused:

Did you unpack the box? It needs to be in your ship list.

Did you go talk to Q using the alt that has the (unpacked) Brek?

I got both discounts (Brek and Grett) on a couple of characters last night. Both were earned this winter.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Talking to Q did nothing for me if the ship is still in the box. I switched maps, instances, etc. Moved the ship box in and out of inventory... nada.

I got the discount after logging onto a character that had the Chel Grett as his active ship.
  • Options
    captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did you unpack the box? It needs to be in your ship list.

Did you go talk to Q using the alt that has the (unpacked) Brek?

I got both discounts (Brek and Grett) on a couple of characters last night. Both were earned this winter.

Done and done. It didn't work tho. :(