I tried to add>cancel it still wants 1000
i tried ot put 40 in ot see if its a visual bug says 40/1000

so not fixed or me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by scrooge69 on

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here, talked to Q on more than 1 toon [incl. one that HAS the chell grett - stlll no discount.
  • mbfmbf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here and my chell grett was from prior to the rep system and is upgraded to T5-U if that means anything
  • ct2060ct2060 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • dragonlord240dragonlord240 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mbf wrote: »
    Same here and my chell grett was from prior to the rep system and is upgraded to T5-U if that means anything

same here still got the same problem with the gret . got it before the rep system and its upgraded
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here, this is the first time that I'm entirely disappointed with the devs... no change, whatsoever, its like there where no patch at all... and, to make matters worst, the snowman can attack you while you are running!!, fixed 2 years ago!..

Please, fix this mess, we still have some time to get fex, but please, fix it this time..

Thanx
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep same for me still 1000 pics needed on my Romulan toon. 3 toons have it and the 4th doesn't, still the same as it was before the patch. My confidence in them getting it fixed is wearing thin......quickly.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the same issue have the warship on three toons but my other alt toons still need 1000 q pics to get the ship bug ticket has been sent. im sure the event will be over before they read it
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doesn't surprise me one little bit it's still fubar...
  • rooster4368rooster4368 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here have the ship on 4 toons and getting the same need 1000. I upgraded my breen ships to t5 if it has anything to do with it hope it gets fixed have 3 more toons that need the ship.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here as well, and somehow I'm not the least bit surprised. This TRIBBLE has reached the point of 'it's gotten old' cryptic. Seriously, if you intend to TRIBBLE the people who have been around for a good long time, just come out and say it, don't try to get all cute with the patch notes.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same boat. I got a Chel Grett the first year they were out and then the Breen raider last year. Both should be coming up for the discount but only the raider is displaying properly.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Throwing my name into the hat. Tried with 5/15 toons, 4 of them already have the damned ship, and still no luck.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same, no chell for my alts. I got the chell first time, pre rep so i assume this is the problem?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you folks probably bought the cruiser/destroyer the 1st year it was out before the rep system was in place... best guess is that the discount applies to only folks who acquire ships via the rep system. if you got it some other way... ie during the 1st year, your SOL unless they implement something.

but that solution probably wont be till next year, if ever.

i also have the cruiser/destroyer but I got it the 2nd year when they offered up the raider. I passed on the raider and got the cruiser/destroyer and my alts who I didn't get any ships can get the cruiser/destroyer for only 40 pics. this was before the patch.
    edited December 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    you folks probably bought the cruiser/destroyer the 1st year it was out before the rep system was in place... best guess is that the discount applies to only folks who acquire ships via the rep system. if you got it some other way... ie during the 1st year, your SOL unless they implement something.

i also have the cruiser/destroyer but I got it the 2nd year when they offered up the raider. I passed on the raider and got the cruiser/destroyer and my alts who I didn't get any ships can get the cruiser/destroyer for only 40 pics. this was before the patch.

true got it the first year but that doesent mean we should be left out for the discount on alts .
    they could fix this with the reclaim for the dissipator console of the grett and making a seperate project for the unlock would be a easy fix
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.
    STO QA Team
    edited December 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »

Yeah I did get it the first year, but I refuse to just accept that I now need to get it again for 1000 before I can get the discount. I already ran it the hard way with five characters on the first year and got 1000 pics for each of them. This is Cryptic's c*ck up and they need to fix it.

Edit: Ninja post.
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.

Sorry, but frankly that's not good enough. We did just as much work and spent just as much time as those who got it the second year round. Why should we have to do it all over again just because we were here and picked it up the first year?
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the clarification. I shall get the ship again. Got no shortage of alts to race with, heh.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ticket # #2,970,413

Even toons that have the Chell Grett sitting in spacedock STILL show 1000 photos. All 6 of my toons show 1000 needed! :mad:

What the hell? Who didn't think of the pre-rep system purchase was the reason for the issue?!? That was my first thought as of why it wasn't doing it! :rolleyes: (Since I bought 2 Chell Gretts the FIRST year I've already paid 2000 photos!) :mad: You want an EASY solution... give everyone who posts here 1000 photos in their mailbox and we'll just re-buy the Chell Grett

The fact that your current 'solution' is for players to take it up the TRIBBLE is incredibly insulting.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited December 2014

make a project with the chell gret console wich we can reclaim if you have the ship to unlock the discount for alts
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So we're SOL. Thanks for at least acknowledging it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited December 2014
    make a project with the chell gret console wich we can reclaim if you have the ship to unlock the discount for alts

Give this guy a job. That's an ideal solution and surely within the realm of possibility for you to implement pretty easily.
  • ct2060ct2060 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got my ship last year! Not the first year! I can't believe how this is not fixed yet and now they are just saying "Oh well do the full rep then you can get it cheaper" :mad:
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, but frankly that's not good enough. We did just as much work and spent just as much time as those who got it the second year round. Why should we have to do it all over again just because we were here and picked it up the first year?

I'm not saying you'll never get the discount.

However, if you want the ship discount now, the Reputation project will need to be completed with one character. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until some fix is devised, and I have no idea how long that will take or even if one will be possible this year. I just do not know, nor do I have enough information to even venture a guess when/if this might be resolved.

I was just trying to provide some information as to where we stood with this right now.
    STO QA Team
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hold your horses guys, what ever happened to "don't shoot the messenger"?

Be mad all you want, I'm not happy about it ether, but let's not take this out on Crypticfrost simply because he/she/whoever you are, said it.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
    edited December 2014
    I'm not saying you'll never get the discount.

However, if you want the ship discount now, the Reputation project will need to be completed with one character. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until some fix is devised, and I have no idea how long that will take or even if one will be possible this year. I just do not know, nor do I have enough information to even venture a guess when/if this might be resolved.

I was just trying to provide some information as to where we stood with this right now.

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I appreciate you at least acknowledging this is an issue. I just got a little wound up because it feels a bit unfair that we have to do it all again. I'll start running an alt through I guess, but I just hope this gets fixed before I've completed 25 more runs of it all. Already doing two toons to get the other ships before I pick them up with my alts.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ct2060 wrote: »
    I got my ship last year! Not the first year! I can't believe how this is not fixed yet and now they are just saying "Oh well do the full rep then you can get it cheaper" :mad:

the year they offered up the raider? I got the cruiser/destroyer that year as well and I have the discount even before the patch...

try talking to Q on the toon that did it the previous year... that may fix it.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    However, if you want the ship discount now, the Reputation project will need to be completed with one character.
    We already did complete the project, the first year.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So like - suggestion right - so you all are saying that you have to get the ship via the rep system to get the discount - why not make a copy of the 1000 photo rep project and make the requirement the dissipator console? That way if we already have it, the project can eat the console, give credit to unlock the discount, then we can just reclaim it...