test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

breen chel gret still 1000 post patch 11/12/14

Comments

• stumpy2101stumpy2101 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I login to see that "We will be performing shard maintenance on December 30th from 6-9 AM Pacific (14:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
    ...so I get all excited in the hopes of winter event ship bugfix anticipaion and I go check out what it should bring and...

Release Notes: December 30th, 2014

General
    Stability Update for the Holodeck server

Are you kidding me?!?! :mad:
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey Cryptic

It's time to admit the fact that you suck.

Do it, and Do It Now

Do it, you know it's the right thing and you can use it for a New Years resoloution

Do it, just do it....

We are all tired of bending over for you, the least you can do is admit you suck.

By the way, I have the Breen ****, oh excuse me ship issue as well.

Now, Admit it:cool:
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    <bill lumbergh voice>Um yeah, if you could give some sort of info on why the fix that's on tribble hasn't gone live, that'd be great.</bill lumbergh voice>
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the problem with both the Chell Grett and the Plesh Brek. I have it unlocked on both my other alts but on my main it says I need 1000 photo's to unlock for both.

This is the first Winter event I played so I should not be receiving this error.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kragg13 wrote: »
    this is just another slap in the face to loyal players that cryptic won't address becuz it doesn't fill their pockets.

I've spent nearly half an hour now, trying to come up with a reason why you're being overly harsh in your wording here.

I had to stop, because I couldn't find one.

People say that we shouldn't be surprised that companies want money. In return though, the companies are expected to provide a service, and to be reliable AND/OR transparent. Cryptic are simply not providing that service, reliability, or transparency.

Also, because of the financial model that they're running, it means that veterancy counts for NOTHING, mechanically (with the obvious exception to the rule: The Veteran Rewards.) But, it's like: You've got Veteran Rewards, there, you're sorted, now stop complaining you Vets.

In other words, they have no sense of community history.

You already got a Chell Gret before the REP system? Too bad, it's glitched - you can wait more, or do it again.
    You wanted more than one KDF uniform, but don't want to reroll your years old character? Too bad, it works for others. Suck it up.
    You want to be able to ignore the broken ship loadout system? Too bad. Things change. Deal with it. It made us money though, so just shut up, really.
    You're 'finished' and have 'closure'? You have max level everything across all your chars? Too bad. Here, have another 10 levels to enjoy all the other broken stuff with!
    You liked to level up with Mirror Universe? TOO BAD.

For an example of what I would like to see: Neverwinter's Caturday Event (feel free to spend all of 2 seconds looking it up if you like) both acknowledged the flaws/mistakes made - and REWARDED those who DIDN'T use the exploit. It created a sense of solidarity between the devs and the LEGITIMATE players. STO has NEVER had an event like this - just broken promise after broken promise. We vet players are literally in an abusive relationship, financially. Cryptic take and take and take and we NEVER feel appreciated, and they never give us an inch (see above: You've got Veteran Rewards, there, you're sorted, now stop complaining you Vets.).

Does that make us crybabies? Maybe. But if so: so much for money talking. I guess the newer money talks louder.

The sense of betrayal felt by us long-term player may not be fair or just - but it DOES exist and is a real thing that must be dealt with by those of us that feel it.

But here's something us long term players haven't considered: Chances are, you (mr/s Veteran) played this game before it was even free to play, because you love Star Trek.

And why do we love Star Trek? For the message.

And what is the message supposed to be?

Tolerance. Acceptance. Forgiveness.

Perhaps us vets have missed the meta-game, where we must bring these virtues to the party, in order to get the most out of the game.

(Yes, I'm clearly grasping at straws here. I'd LOVE to grasp at something more tangible, but it's simply not an option, given the current state of the game. If 'being positive' sounds impossible here...well...)
  • r4dw1nr4dw1n Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    same here, please fix it
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Maintenance Today was like a....Middle Finger to all Players :mad: I was not able to test it myself for now, but many Players say that there is a Working Patch on the Tribble Testserver and that the Discount for all Ships work there....and that this Patch is there for around 2 Weeks...... so the Question is WHY NOT BRING IT TO THE LIVE SERVER ALLREADY?! Today was the Perfect Opportunity, but no, instead they Just "Reboot" the Server....Iam so angry....i better dont Write here what i think right now :mad::mad::mad:
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Maintenance Today . . .

Highlandrise, you don't need to post the same message on multiple threads.

Nothing in the release notes said they were implementing the patch. it was only a stability update. from what I hear they do not implement major fixes over the holidays.
  • killeroneillkilleroneill Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I unlocked my Chel Gret and Plesh today and yet no Discount on my other toons what the hell Cryptic
    'It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose That is not a weakness; that is life' Captain Jean-luc Picard, offering words to Lieutenant Commander Data.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is one of those confusing...why not yet?...sorts of bugs, eh? There's only one more normal maintenance period before the event expires...so it's either fixed on the 8th or it's not fixed at all without an extension of the event unless they do a separate maintenance for it.
    edited December 2014
    There's only one more normal maintenance period before the event expires...so it's either fixed on the 8th or it's not fixed at all without an extension of the event unless they do a separate maintenance for it.

Ahh, NO! the bug is NOT in the event, it's in the reputation project.

The event can end on the 15th with no effect on this problem. So long as you have the portraits of Q in your inventory (80, 40x2), you will be able to claim the ship with discount once the patch is implemented.

Enough of the "Doom and Gloom". be patient. too many people are affected for this to not get resolved.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The event can end on the 15th with no effect on this problem. So long as you have the portraits of Q in your inventory (80, 40x2), you will be able to claim the ship with discount once the patch is implemented.

Enough of the "Doom and Gloom". be patient. too many people are affected for this to not get resolved.

People may be waiting to run the race until it is resolved. People may have slotted 40, thinking that the resolution will involve it autocompleting and they'll be fine - when it could turn out they'll need 40. Etc, etc, etc...

It's not doom and gloom not to be delusional.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any word yet? I'm one of the first year Chell Grett people. However, I just completed the Plesh Brek project on an alt today, and no discount.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • tdokillersunitedtdokillersunited Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.

this is complete bull****

I did not get any ship last year as I havent been around, I unlocked all 3 ships on 3 toons and ONLY the carrier got an account wide unlock...
    edited December 2014
    Why doesn't anyone read posts before writing.

Response from Cryptic, from support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you are unable to receive the discounted price for the Breen ships after owning one. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Eophian
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
  • tdokillersunitedtdokillersunited Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you see what the official cryptic fella said as comment, they didnt even realise the problem how can you expect anything being done ?
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you see what the official cryptic fella said as comment, they didnt even realise the problem how can you expect anything being done ?

They've known of this issue for weeks, one of the devs has had a fix on the test server for very nearly that long and it just needs to get pushed live. Of course now the Plesh Brek discount is broken for a lot of people too ...
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If there's no Thursday Patch due to it being New Years, just like there was no patch on Christmas Day then folks are surely on vacation and that's why the fix hasn't gone live yet.

Unless there is an emergency patch for this then the very last patch day is January 8th. Past that, "the fix" will end up being for next year unless Cryptic decides to Extend Winter Wonderland to allow everyone to get their ships.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also having issues with my unlocks. I got the Chel Grett on several characters before the rep system. Didn't get the Plesh brek last year on anybody, but I queued up all three projects this year. Just finished the last of them. The Sarr Theln unlocked the cheap project as it's supposed to, but neither of the previous ships unlocked properly. They're still both 1k each.
    edited December 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Unless there is an emergency patch for this then the very last patch day is January 8th. Past that, "the fix" will end up being for next year unless Cryptic decides to Extend Winter Wonderland to allow everyone to get their ships.

WRONG.... Why is so much false information being promoted. The bug is NOT with the event. It is with the reputation system that awards the ships. Even if the fix comes late (meaning after 8 January)... IT WILL STILL WORK. Just keep your Portraits in inventory. After the fix, slot the reputation project and add your portraits. Simple as that.

"DOOM AND GLOOM" doesn't play, especially with it being clear that a fix is on the way.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WRONG.... Why is so much false information being promoted. The bug is NOT with the event. It is with the reputation system that awards the ships. Even if the fix comes late (meaning after 8 January)... IT WILL STILL WORK. Just keep your Portraits in inventory. After the fix, slot the reputation project and add your portraits. Simple as that.

"DOOM AND GLOOM" doesn't play, especially with it being clear that a fix is on the way.

WRONG... they only allow the ships projects to start during the event. And only one ship at a time. I need multiple ship discounts to work on my account. If there's no fix by the event end then you gotta wait until next year to get all your ships.

Remember, there's 2 broken discounts this year - the cruiser and the raider.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the current tribble fix requires you to talk to q in wonderland to fix the problem, especially if you already own the ships without the discount item. it isn't automatic apparently.

q will vanish on 15th, so if it's not patched before that, i doubt anyone will be able to get the discount this year. maybe if the fix also fixes rep slotted but not yet claimed ships and changes the rest of already slotted ones on getting discount, it'll work for people who slotted them.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Like someone allready mentioned it, your Information is WRONG. The Projects that give the Ships are only Avaible WHILE the Event is Running, since the T6 Carrier is not Affected, most if not all should have it by now, but the 2 other Ships are BROKEN, now wen can Slot one of those 2 and most probably can Fill up - after its Fixed, after the event - the 40 Pics later to get that Ship BUT we cant Slot both at the Same time and THATS the Problem, so if the Discount Bugs are not Solved during the Event, we will NOT be able to Claim on of those 2, and sorry to say that but that would just SUCK HARD, dont know about you but i dont want to wait until Next Year to get the last Ship :mad:

If they cant Solve those Bugs during the Event ( i still hope they wll, since a Patch is avaible on Tribble) they should at least extend the Time where we can Slot the Ship Projects, anything else would be annoying :mad:

by the way iam sorry if my English is not that Perfect since its not my native Language.
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did the event on three separate characters on the same account. Each got the ship they slotted. The carrier HAD the discount. After this AM's patch none do. The bug applies to this years event. Today's patch made it worse....
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just throwing one more in there, but i'm also having this issue. Individually, my characters are getting the discount for the ship they bought, but account wide, there is no discount, even though i had the message pop up saying there was.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This year I ran 3 characters for the Winter Event in order to unlock all 3 ships. Until yesterday, I had none of the projects slotted. What I did was gather the 1000 pics and then slotted the project.

Yesterday I was able to unlock the Sarr Theln. It has also unlocked the Project at the 40 Pic discounted price on my other characters as it should. I logged into another character and purchased the carrier at the 40 pic price... no problems with the Sarr Theln on my end.

Today, I unlocked the Plesh Brek and Chel Grett on two other characters (1000 pics each)... There are no 40-pic projects on any of my other characters.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • lordkasulordkasu Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

You can only slot one project and there are two ships affected. So even with the portraits and a project slotted, if it's not fixed before the end of the event we wouldn't be able to slot the project for the other ship after the event has ended.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited December 2014
    if it's not fixed before the end of the event we wouldn't be able to slot the project for the other ship after the event has ended.

Wrong again, McDuff.

The amount of time a project is available in the reputation list has nothing to do with the event's duration. projects can be available for weeks or months after the end of the Winter event.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Wrong again, McDuff.

The amount of time a project is available in the reputation list has nothing to do with the event's duration. projects can be available for weeks or months after the end of the Winter event.

Erm, that would be true if the Devs decided that. But it's not the case. When the event ends, it's no longer possible to slot event based projects. If you have them slotted already they will stay around forever, but if you cancel it or didn't already have it slotted then you can't slot it after the event has ended. But by all means, keep spouting rubbish whilst telling other people to stop spreading falsehoods.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!