test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Snowballs need to have their knock down effect removed outside of Q land...

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
The Trolls are using snowballs now to pick on people. Remove the snowball knock down effect outside of Q's Winter Wonderland. Thats all im asking. Trolls can still throw them, but rp'ers can have their peace. Seems like a win to me.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014
    Wow, I guess some folks need a Snowball Kinetic Nullifier to go with their Subspace Party Nullifier :p
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You CAN have your piece. Ignore them.

Or hell, work the snowballs INTO your RP session. That REALLY pisses the trolls off. >:3
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Wow, I guess some folks need a Snowball Kinetic Nullifier to go with their Subspace Party Nullifier :p

I second that or be able to report them under harassment.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »

Hahaha!

Good job OP in advertising this. More people will know of it. More people will do it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    time to buy some frozen snowballs
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At least it's not Yellow Snow balls :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    or brown snowballs
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mke84mke84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to say that I'm absolutely loving the winter event and the snowballs. They add a lot of festive cheer to the game.
  • Options
    ronqueesharonqueesha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mke84 wrote: »
    I would like to say that I'm absolutely loving the winter event and the snowballs. They add a lot of festive cheer to the game.

Here here! I'm doing my best to get as many unmelting snowballs as I can so we can keep the cheer running all year long!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nah. I'd rather have the Winter Event weapons be usable on against other players outside of winter wonderland, but only do the same silly debuff snowballs do due to not being at full power.

At the very least, it would extend the season, and make for some super-silly fun during the Summer event.
  • Options
    vvetvvet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why do we have snowballs otuside q land????? im playing the game and these people drop disco balls, keep knocking me down and i cant talk to npcs because of it!!!!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I'm going to have to agree with this. Remember: these are the same people who want to remove every non-canon, fun item this game has to offer. I don't see any issues, personally, with the winter event. Besides, it's only temporary.

Video is on-topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBAA_ryzOmE

excellent, thx for this vid. it is awesome. :P
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh woe is me! I was hit by a snowball! My game is ruined forever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    ronqueesharonqueesha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Oh, and just to be pedantic, the correct expression is "Hear, hear" not "here, here.")

Here here!
  • Options
    haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LIGHTEN
    UP

Its winter, its snowballs, its silly, its fun!

This is the holiday season! The season of joy!

Don't be a grinch! Don't try to spoil the joyful season!

Ill be cheerfull when I feel like it not because someone else tells me to or because its the supposed "festive season" seriously **** the holidays. if you cant be good normaly, then dont put that mask on during the holidays either.

and on the snowballs, no, no its not fun to randomly get smacked by a snowball out of nowhere and be knocked down.
  • Options
    haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thats an appalling way of looking at things.

im just tired of people being all nice and goodie twoshoes during the holiday season and afterwards being complete *******s again. seen and witnessed it to often, its annoying and two faced.
    its as bad as being nice because a religion tells you to be.

im fine with you having fun, and others having fun and being in good moods and everything but, dont try and force others to see it that way, and dont have fun at the expense of people around you.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    The Trolls are using snowballs now to pick on people. Remove the snowball knock down effect outside of Q's Winter Wonderland. Thats all im asking. Trolls can still throw them, but rp'ers can have their peace. Seems like a win to me.

Just have them removed from inventory if not in the Winter Wonderland area. Make it so they can't go in banks nor mail, etc, etc, etc.

In the end, it's become clear over the years that Cryptic has some passive aggressive issues with their playerbase and live vicariously through the actions of one set of players against another to act out those tendencies...with some of the abuse that the Cryptic/PWE folks take on the forums, it's probably part of some wellness initiative to prevent incidents in the office.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vvet wrote: »
    why do we have snowballs otuside q land????? im playing the game and these people drop disco balls, keep knocking me down and i cant talk to npcs because of it!!!!!:mad::mad:
    I have yet to experience the "joys" of these wonderous devices outside QWW. If it is true that they mess with the interactions with NPCs and such, I am dead set against them though. If it is like a Disco Ball and does nothing, however: meh.

I do, however, like the idea of being able to respond, in kind, to those who might do this. Wanna whack me with a snowball? I'mma drop an Avalanch on ya!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You CAN have your piece. Ignore them.

Or hell, work the snowballs INTO your RP session. That REALLY pisses the trolls off. >:3

What you mean ? throw snowballs on trolls ? or what?
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't have anything more to buy from the winter vendor, but now I shall be stacking up on the snowballs for some fun on Drozana. Thanks for the tip OP :D
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LIGHTEN
    UP

Its winter, its snowballs, its silly, its fun!

This is the holiday season! The season of joy!

Don't be a grinch! Don't try to spoil the joyful season!

Remember this post when you get pelted with snowballs in the real world.

One mans joy is anothers hatred, one mans fun is anothers boredom. I give you my word some of the things I find fun you will either hate or even scratch your head wondering why the hell I find them fun.

STOP FORCING YOUR VERSION OF FUN ON OTHERS WHO MAY NOT SHARE IT. See I have a caps lock key too.

Personally I have not had this happen to me and I realy couldn't give a monkeys about it, but others do and it is their right to say so.

This is the whole disco ball over again and they gave us a way to counter that, so don't count your chickens that they won't do the same here if they get enough complaints.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If only STO was as fun as that video, they can start by changing the in game music to match at least.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I ran into a Dental on DS9 throwing snowballs at RP'ers. He was going nuts cause they was ignoring him. X3

I've had my share of snowballing trolls, ignore them they soon go away.

Or they'll be nerfed like the Breen Freezy Ice Cube Maker. ****ing Dental trolls. I wonder what their member turnover rate is?
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
This discussion has been closed.