test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Snowballs need to have their knock down effect removed outside of Q land...

Comments

• Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    This isn't the real world. I don't captain a starship, either. If this were the real world, the lot of you would be long gone after your first STF. Actually, Devs, can we make a new "one character = one death" addition to the game, in order to make STO more REAL life-like? Thanks.

Indeed it isn't.
    Which is why people like you act like this in a game. Where you won't get your TRIBBLE kicked like IRL.
    :D
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Someone hit me with a snowball on ESD. I fell down.

Then guess what happened?

I got on with the rest of my day without getting angry, crying, whining or coming to the forums expecting people to back my anti-snowball crusade.

#snowballgate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    The Trolls are using snowballs now to pick on people. Remove the snowball knock down effect outside of Q's Winter Wonderland. Thats all im asking. Trolls can still throw them, but rp'ers can have their peace. Seems like a win to me.

Scrooge, is that you? Enjoy the holidays and stop complaining about every fun thing in this game.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What this game needs is a snowball PVP daily mission. Snowball 15 different players and get a bundle of Winter Commodities. That would encourage everyone to join in.

And lighten up kids. Its Q's Winter Wonderland for Geko's sake! Its meant to be fun and full of absurdities! And all this is taking place in social zones - which are meant for social interaction.

Join in the seasonal fun and stop being so grumpy, or you will get a lump of coal.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If getting pelted by a snowball in game is the worst thing that happens to you today then you probably had a pretty good day.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    The Trolls are using snowballs now to pick on people. Remove the snowball knock down effect outside of Q's Winter Wonderland. Thats all im asking. Trolls can still throw them, but rp'ers can have their peace. Seems like a win to me.

YES....YES another NERF and Delta expansion is the BEST one EVER!!!

/Sarcasm alert
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A couple of hours ago, I had an epic snowball fight on Drozana, about 8 players throwing snowballs and chasing each other around the corridors, it was great fun!

Arm yourselves with as much as you can carry and head to Drozana, it's a great laugh! :)
  • Options
    mke84mke84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to echo some of the comments I am reading in this thread.

Participating in back to back continual snowballs fights is the main way I celebrate the Winter Event and the holiday season. Snowball fights are good old fashioned fun and a great way to spread the spirit of the holidays to other players.

It is a shame that there are a few grinches in here who look down on other players such as myself who enjoy snowballs fights. It is unfortunate that they consider it a lowbrow form of entertainment compared to the RP activities that they participate in.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mke84 wrote: »
    I have to echo some of the comments I am reading in this thread.

The echo is because they're pretty hollow. ;)
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I frankly fail to see the issue, despite myself having been hit a few times just running between different NPCs on ESD. It doesn't stop dialogue with NPCs, such as organizing ships, visiting the exchange, or banking the same way Party Amps don't interrupt.

As well, those snowballs only last 1 hour, or as long as the players still have unmeltables which likely will be used up if they keep spamming them.

A happier balance would simply be to increase the time between tosses outside of Q's wonderland. And also let snow weapons do the same harmless debuff but with an even longer cooldown outside of Q's wonderland (insert flavor text over not being at full power due to not being within Q's magic field and being able to target other players also because not in Q's presence).

Or add a Snowball Nullifier. A device that would be only slightly more useless than Fire Extinguishers since Snowballs aren't available year-round, unlike Party Amps. But hey, it's another GPL must-buy, and encourages GPL purchases off the exchange or the GPL machine.

Granted, if someone was ERP'ing anywhere outside of the Club, Drozana, Fleet locations, or their private bridges, they kind of deserve it.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You get hit, throw one back, are you going to sit there and cry to mommy or man/woman up and defend yourself.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So we have had snowballs for what, 3 years now? Now you suddenly want their knockback reduced?

This is not a major issue.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    So we have had snowballs for what, 3 years now? Now you suddenly want their knockback reduced?

This is not a major issue.

The trolls have had their various other toys nerfed, so obviously they are trolling harder with the snowballs. It's not rocket science.

Course, that being said, doesn't mean that I don't believe some of the complaints as with other complaints aren't going a wee bit over the top. I lean more toward them selling GPL Thermal Underwear than the folks that want to remove or neuter them. It's one thing for somebody not to want to be affected by them, and it's quite the other for them to tell folks they can't use them amongst themselves or on those that do not mind.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You CAN have your piece. Ignore them.

Or hell, work the snowballs INTO your RP session. That REALLY pisses the trolls off. >:3
    I seem to recall Picard's reaction to getting nailed with a snowball. Though seriously just how dense are those snowballs if they have knock down?

What we need is a "Look of utter disdain" emote

Like this.
    http://tegandgrim.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/angry1.jpeg

Or maybe these more offensive ones
    https://phillbarron.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/picard_shenanigans_by_bthauronite.jpg?w=450&h=360
    http://photos.adron.me/Transit/Collections/Just-Whatever/i-bLHjnks/0/O/stfu_and_gtfo.jpg

heckgoblin wrote: »
    Wow, I guess some folks need a Snowball Kinetic Nullifier to go with their Subspace Party Nullifier :p
    "Or...a Heat Shield...I'm an engineer, I'll go make one" *Walks out speaking aimlessly about what parts I'll need.....*
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Couple of things...

1. There are things one can do to reduce the effects of knockback. Slotting an appropriate trait, for example.

2. I would think that, as with many other disabling effects in the game, one ought to get a few seconds of 100% knockback resistance afterward. I assume this is not currently the case?

3. They ought to build an effect into every bank, exchange, and mail terminal and vendor. When interacting with any of these, players should be immune to any and all effects from another player.

Okay, that was three things.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Couple of things...

1. There are things one can do to reduce the effects of knockback. Slotting an appropriate trait, for example.

2. I would think that, as with many other disabling effects in the game, one ought to get a few seconds of 100% knockback resistance afterward. I assume this is not currently the case?

3. They ought to build an effect into every bank, exchange, and mail terminal and vendor. When interacting with any of these, players should be immune to any and all effects from another player.

Okay, that was three things.

I kind of like that third one.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I seem to recall Picard's reaction to getting nailed with a snowball. Though seriously just how dense are those snowballs if they have knock down?

It's not the snowballs that are dense. It's the precious snowflakes being hit by them, they're lightweights :p
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    What this game needs is a snowball PVP daily mission. Snowball 15 different players and get a bundle of Winter Commodities. That would encourage everyone to join in.

And lighten up kids. Its Q's Winter Wonderland for Geko's sake! Its meant to be fun and full of absurdities! And all this is taking place in social zones - which are meant for social interaction.

Join in the seasonal fun and stop being so grumpy, or you will get a lump of coal.

Actually I think the Snowball PVP is a great idea. Neverwinter has a water fight during the Summer event which is pvp and its actually pretty fun. Maybe next year they will have a big pvp fight out on the lake or in a new area of the map.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
This discussion has been closed.