test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, could someone sum this up for me as I won't be getting to this for a week or 2 myself.

If you fully capture say 5 zones and kill 1 Vrex what dilithium do you get? No more implants from the BZ?

No reward at all for tagging all 3 Vrex?

What's the new requirement for collecting command codes and calling reinforcements?

Thanks.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just completed the communications area in city of bz. I started it alone. Worked it 100% Had someone join me at the 1/3 mark. At completion I only received 5 dilith, no marks and no credit for completion toward Capture Voth Points. Now come on. I been playing for three years almost.

This is nuts there isNO incentive to take a map. Why would you alienate your players like this.

And worse no response from cryptic on this. This was not in patch notes. Is this an error that needs to be fixed? Or was this intentional to deprive the player of rewards. This is a grinder game. Still grinder game except there is little or no reward for the effort now.

Some response from Cryptic would be really appreciated.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just completed the communications area in city of bz. I started it alone. Worked it 100% Had someone join me at the 1/3 mark. At completion I only received 5 dilith, no marks and no credit for completion toward Capture Voth Points. Now come on. I been playing for three years almost.

This is nuts there isNO incentive to take a map. Why would you alienate your players like this.

And worse no response from cryptic on this. This was not in patch notes. Is this an error that needs to be fixed? Or was this intentional to deprive the player of rewards. This is a grinder game. Still grinder game except there is little or no reward for the effort now.

Some response from Cryptic would be really appreciated.

I had ran this last night to see for myself. This is great news you ran into the same 5 DIL too. That's really not a good move on they're part. Could be another Oops! That needs to be corrected A-SAP! Taking out the super duper T-rex awarded me a VRP Mark 720 DIL an either 60/80 DIL flashes so fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This was not in patch notes. Is this an error that needs to be fixed?.

Yup, and though I'm not cryptic I can say that I haven't noticed any change to the Voth battlezone rewards or (if I'm up on the objectives) whether or not I get them. Do you recall which point was it? My run through the park didn't find anything unusual.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I went through the battlezone pretty methodically last night trying out a number of things to see how this new rewarding setup works. I was playing a science char with an AOE heal.

• First up, simply firing a shot and running off a point results in getting 5 dilithium when that point gets captured. I'd rather it be 0, but this is a welcome change.

• Likewise, simply throwing heals uselessly without actually firing on enemies or doing the objective will also result in 5 dilithium. While this isn't as bad as the one shot tagging I just mentioned, I still think it's fair, as there's no need for dedicated healers in the BZ.

• Shooting a V-Rex and running off to another will result in you getting 5 dilithium. I thought this was unintentional, but rereading commanderander's posts, I might be misinterpreting "no changes". I thought he meant no changes to the scoring, but he might've just meant no changes to the standard rewards they give? In any case, this is also fine as far as I'm concerned.

Now we get to the actual problems with these changes:

• I went onto a generator point in the outskirts that was about a quarter of the way complete, fought Voth the entire time, but didn't activate the consoles when those were needed, because another player did. I only got 5 dilithium despite making a large contribution to the point's capture.
    • I went onto an artillery point and purposely did the opposite: I killed the enemies around one generator and activated it, then stood on the point doing nothing. The only other thing I did was kill two medics that spawned and would've killed me if I hadn't. I didn't even shoot at the mechs when those came down. Got full rewards.

• A friend who hit the speed boost and fought at a different generator point only got 5 dilithium. I just fought Voth and threw heals and got 90.

• I was fighting the park V-Rex and noticed the city's omega level was getting dangerously low, so I booked it over there to save the point. The park Rex was at about 50% when I left, I had been helping the entire time before I left, but despite that I only got 5. I got 90 for the city, and 5 for the outskirts that I didn't even visit (was in a team, a teammate went there).

• Another run, I fought the outskirts Rex the entire time, left the point right before it died, and still got full rewards. I'm curious what would've happened if I did the same thing, but also went to a different section of the BZ.

• Had one excellent run where we moved as a huge group and hit each Rex in sequence. Full rewards for each, was awesome, wish this happened more because it's way more fun than the tagging nonsense.

Overall, the changes don't affect me. I never leeched, I stayed to the end at the V-Rex more often than not (mostly because I was the only one actually shooting the medics...). But the few times I was penalized when I was contributing were really annoying. I want to like this change, leechers needed to go, but if players contributing to the objective or stopping points from falling are getting penalized, it needs to be tuned.

-edit-

I should mention that, for my tests, I had no boffs due to being on a team with a friend (but we split up and tested different sections). My contributions were mine and mine alone most of the time, so I'm not sure how your boffs with you affects your score.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Ok, could someone sum this up for me as I won't be getting to this for a week or 2 myself.

If you fully capture say 5 zones and kill 1 Vrex what dilithium do you get? No more implants from the BZ?

No reward at all for tagging all 3 Vrex?

What's the new requirement for collecting command codes and calling reinforcements?

Thanks.

5 zones = 90 x 5 = 450
    1 V-Rex = 750

You still get a dilithium reward (sorry, can't remember the exact number, over 2k) all 5 implants if all 3 V-Rexes get taken down. A friend said the mark payout is higher, I suspect that it is but I don't have actual numbers. I just know I got over 400 marks last night while I was doing science. :)

5 dilithium for each V-Rex you tag. Full amount for one you stay for and kill. In every run I did, I got full rewards for at least one V-Rex, usually two.

No new requirement for command codes or reinforcements.

Basically, if you played the zone normally and didn't purposely try to grind as much dilithium out of it as possible, you'll be getting the same thing you always got. If you haven't played since the 50% dilithium increase, you'll be getting more rewards than you're used to.

he only real issue seems to be with the generator points -- I have a feeling those aren't tracking contributions right.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    5 zones = 90 x 5 = 450
    1 V-Rex = 750

You still get a dilithium reward (sorry, can't remember the exact number, over 2k) all 5 implants if all 3 V-Rexes get taken down. A friend said the mark payout is higher, I suspect that it is but I don't have actual numbers. I just know I got over 400 marks last night while I was doing science. :)

5 dilithium for each V-Rex you tag. Full amount for one you stay for and kill. In every run I did, I got full rewards for at least one V-Rex, usually two.

No new requirement for command codes or reinforcements.

Basically, if you played the zone normally and didn't purposely try to grind as much dilithium out of it as possible, you'll be getting the same thing you always got. If you haven't played since the 50% dilithium increase, you'll be getting more rewards than you're used to.

he only real issue seems to be with the generator points -- I have a feeling those aren't tracking contributions right.

Thanks very much for this. I would say I averaged 7000-8000 before for a run including dailies. It looks like it will be reduced to around 5000. That's still in the neighborhood of something I would do from time to time if it's under an hour.

The big change for me really is the loss in final dilithium reward for killing all 3 Vrex. This is what made the battlezone so profitable. I think the original intent would be for people to get one or 2. Getting all 3 was probably considered a major achievement once in a blue moon sort of thing.

I'm curious now so I'll run one soon and report.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The thing is I activated consoles but still didnt get more than 5 dil.
    Ive shut down artillery ... ive got that omega thing moving and ive been at the capturing points.
    Nothing worked.
    Ive also killed 2 vrex but only one was count.

I am not the only one where this isnt working anymore.
    Ive spent more than half an hour and got only 2500 dil in total (while 720 came from "kill as many voth as possible" task).

But i guess I already got the answer from the Devs -> "Previously, missions were being too generous" and its just a matter of time until we are told "its working as intended".
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This change sounds so bad. I haven't tested it myself but enough of you have.

Why even bother capping zones now if you cannot tag dinos anymore for the full reward? And that's assuming you're actually able to get credit for capping zones. How do you even get the full reward now? Doesn't sound possible anymore.

Nerfing voth bz was my quitting condition, and they have fulfilled it. I don't know what to think or say now. They did it. They actually did it. They nerfed the one thing above all I didn't want nerfed, the one thing that determined whether I continued to play this game. I'm not exactly pleased with all the other nerfs the past few months, but voth bz was the one that determined this game's fate on my harddrive.

Do they not realize they're killing this game? Or do they indeed realize it and are doing it on purpose? I have to wonder.

I think I'll stick around for the winter daily races but then that's it. They crossed the line I drew and I will not accept that.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This change sounds so bad. I haven't tested it myself but enough of you have.

Why not try it out yourself instead of just quitting? Don't rely on these forums for any sort of objective feedback. Always test things yourself.

-edit-
    Can I haz your stuff? :P

Split it with me? :)
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why not try it out yourself instead of just quitting? Don't rely on these forums for any sort of objective feedback. Always test things yourself.

Yeah what he/she said.

I noticed no real change other then I was less frustrated which is a good thing.

Judge for yourself aside from what appears to be a few bug issues or something that is not quite right with the generators it really is not any different then before. It even seemed to me that the maps were progressing a bit faster, but this may have been because I was having more fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Okay I just ran one. It went very fast though I was in at the start.

I solo captured 4 points and killed one Vrex.

I got appx 6000 dilithium and 5 implants.

I could see if I captured the 5 points or more I could have gotten 7000. With a little better luck I could have killed 2 Vrex. This would have brought me up to 7500 or 8000 which is what I usually get.

Summary: seems reasonable to me.

• Options
    edited December 2014

-edit-

Split it with me? :)

I'm doing that right now. I'll see what happens when I cap 5 zones and tag 3 dinos. I do not settle for partial rewards. If I cap 5 zones and tag 3 dinos who all die I expect the full reward. Any less will be considered a nerf.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So once again a dev we have never heard of comes out to explain how something in the patch notes is not a nerf, only for it to go live and be a massive nerf. Getting to be a pattern.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    So once again a dev we have never heard of comes out to explain how something in the patch notes is not a nerf, only for it to go live and be a massive nerf. Getting to be a pattern.

Yes, it IS a bit odd that they keep coming up with these Devs to deliver total lies and then we'll never hear from them again.

Who would have thought an established company would need to stoop to the use of Sockpuppets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'll see what happens when I cap 5 zones and tag 3 dinos. I do not settle for partial rewards. If I cap 5 zones and tag 3 dinos who all die I expect the full reward. Any less will be considered a nerf.

rofl - you are going to see a change. It won't be drastic (from my point of view), but you are setting yourself up to ***** about it later and quit anyway.

So, can I haz your stuff?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    john98837 wrote: »

Yeah, totally unheard of... *cough*

He's even been on the livestream.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, totally unheard of... *cough*

He's even been on the livestream.

Posts in a little burst every couple months, yeah i would call that unheard of.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I was able to tag all three dinos with my engineer. I have to try with a tac later and see if the lack of mines will affect it (I like to tag dinos with mines right under their feet).

The problem was I couldn't cap 5 zones. I only got 5 dilithium and no credit for some of them and that pissed me off. Seems if you try to help cap a zone already being capped you stand a good chance of not getting credit. I solo everything but this seems to force it and I wound up getting angry that people were already at a zone I just ran to to cap. That's completely opposite of how the zone should be played.

This change is no good but it's not quite the nerf I was afraid of, at least for my engineers because they can still tag dinos which is needed for full reward.. It's the zone capping that needs adjusting because I cannot settle for 4 zones capped and only a partial reward, when I know I've helped to cap more than 4 zones. It's 5 zones + 3 dinos or bust.

I'm wondering what my tacs will need to do to successfully tag dinos.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The problem was I couldn't cap 5 zones. I only got 5 dilithium and no credit for some of them and that pissed me off. Seems if you try to help cap a zone already being capped you stand a good chance of not getting credit. I solo everything but this seems to force it and I wound up getting angry that people were already at a zone I just ran to to cap. That's completely opposite of how the zone should be played.

I wonder if it's the same participation metric bug that isn't giving people credit for waves on Tides of Ice even if they're there, active and shooting things.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My tac failed to successfully tag the second dino but I purposely hit that one fewer times than the first dino, which did tag successfully. I'm not sure how much damage is needed for a tag but it's more than a few hits. Seems like engineer mines will tag no problem but tacs need a combo of a grenade and a few good hits. More experimentation is needed but it's not a big problem, just takes more than a single sniper hit now.

The problem was that I couldn't capture 5 zones, again. They really messed something up. It shouldn't require you to solo a zone or else activate whatever needs activating to capture one. I stay away from the zones where you have to kill wave after wave of voth because they take too long. I only do artillery and that cylinder one and I used to solo them when I could (for command credits or else it would take too long to collect 60) but never left them if others were already there. We'd just do it all together.

Why did they have to TRIBBLE this zone up? It was fine. I almost never saw an instance fail to kill all three dinos and it was easy to cap 5 zones and earn the full reward. Why did they have to break what was not broken?
    I wonder if it's the same participation metric bug that isn't giving people credit for waves on Tides of Ice even if they're there, active and shooting things.

Hmm could be. I lost credit for four ToI for unknown reasons. They still didn't need to touch the bz though. It wasn't broken and now it is.
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The problem was that I couldn't capture 5 zones, again. They really messed something up. It shouldn't require you to solo a zone or else activate whatever needs activating to capture one. I stay away from the zones where you have to kill wave after wave of voth because they take too long. I only do artillery and that cylinder one and I used to solo them when I could (for command credits or else it would take too long to collect 60) but never left them if others were already there. We'd just do it all together.

It's like mechanics wise, they don't want players to work together. Because I ran into an artillery zone that as not been at 30% completion and went from there and still I only got 5 dil out of it.

Now I know they are trying to stop people from running in, take a pot shot and not cap the point. But this is ridicoulus. I want to help people cap because the faster we cap the BZ, the faster V-rex appears. But why should you cap when you get no credit out of it?

Come on devs, really?
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yeah, I decided to do some testing myself, and it was trivially easy to replicate. Went to a relay (the one in Outskirts east of the teleporter pad) that was already in progress by another player, joined as he was dropping the 1/3 mecha and stayed for the rest of the time, joined by a third player shortly afterwards. Destroyed things vigorously, and practically soloed the 2/3 mecha due to being an engineer. Only 5 dilithium. So, yeah, it's busted.

Teamwork was OP and has been nerfed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, maybe it was a lower population instance, but I was only having problem getting credit for the generator points (the long structures with the device that moves...forget their actual name), everything else I was able to join points in progress and get credit.

Let me make it clear: I support the removal of tagging, even V-Rex tagging (it's nice to see you can swap to others and still get credit if you contributed a lot, though, was afraid you couldn't and that was upsetting), but this needs to be fixed. No one who is actually participating on a point should be getting 5 dilithium, that's terrible. I'd rather leechers get to leech than see that happen.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, maybe it was a lower population instance, but I was only having problem getting credit for the generator points (the long structures with the device that moves...forget their actual name), everything else I was able to join points in progress and get credit.

Let me make it clear: I support the removal of tagging, even V-Rex tagging (it's nice to see you can swap to others and still get credit if you contributed a lot, though, was afraid you couldn't and that was upsetting), but this needs to be fixed. No one who is actually participating on a point should be getting 5 dilithium, that's terrible. I'd rather leechers get to leech than see that happen.
    If it's just the generators, then the issue might be undue weight being placed on doing the interacts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If it's just the generators, then the issue might be undue weight being placed on doing the interacts.

That's exactly what it is. Too much weight on the interacts, not enough on the combat.
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see many people in Dyson idle standing by the Rex spawns, waiting for the bosses to spawn to tag and run to the next area to tag again, then running to command center and using party poppers as they earn the full reward as gained by a person who attempts to clear the whole map and stay through the entire boss fight.

Are they doing it right?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    I see many people in Dyson idle standing by the Rex spawns, waiting for the bosses to spawn to tag and run to the next area to tag again, then running to command center and using party poppers as they earn the full reward as gained by a person who attempts to clear the whole map and stay through the entire boss fight.

Are they doing it right?

They're not getting the full reward. If they manage to tag all three dinos they get I think 2500 dilithium and 3 implants. The full reward I believe is 4200 dilithium and 5 implants (not sure, haven't done the zone since the 50% dil increase, save for today's tests).

But tagging is the best way to do it. You damage one dino a bit, kill medics if they're there, run to next, do the same, run to last and stay there till it dies. When that one dies you go to another. Everyone does it and it almost never fails. With everyone tagging so long as a few people also pay attention to the medics there's no problem.

Don't let anyone tell you you're useless because you didn't stay and kill that dino you tagged - you ARE killing a dino, just not that one. They're the ones missing out by staying there instead of tagging.

Try to tag the city dino first. That's where the AFKs wait and it's usually the first to die. If you don't tag it first you might miss out on it entirely.
This discussion has been closed.