test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh great so the devs have done it again, they ruined another part of the game.

I just tried the ground battlezone and guess what... for actively capturing zones I got incredible 5 dil (previously it was 90).
    For spending half an hour there and killing the vrex I got just a little more than 2500 dil.... i mean WTF? Part of that dil even came from completing quests.

I got 5 dil for capturing one of the silos and 750 for the other.
    No implants at all. No bonus for capturing zones... no bonus for killing 2 rexes.... nothing.
    And the requirements for collecting the command marks and requesting reinforcements have nearly doubled.

The devs are the biggest liars I have ever seen.
    They have the nerves to claim that they increased the rewards for the battlezones by 50% while actually reducing the rewards by more than 50%.

EVERY week these guys are lying to the players... every week the game is getting worse.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There has been no changes to the V-Rex and Dilithium output in this patch that I am aware of.

However, the patch that went live on November 6th increased dilithium rewards in the zone. You can see the details here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1287541

and the actually quote:

THIS is a LIE
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WOW...some people in Tribble where already talking about this:

Dyson Sphere Battle Zone: Re-balanced how player's scores are calculated for open missions.
    Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions and too penalizing on tasks that were critical for missions.

Guess so much for Generosity.

EDIT: Nvm dev already explained
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    So what happens when you Do cap points. then go and run to V-rex and can kill one or 2 while lucky folks can nab all 3? Because that is what happens, when I am accordign to you "a good teammate" so goes after one at a time.

Yeah, Please explain oh so wise one how everyone can get the full reward without tagging, Because I haven't seen it done.

Also, I go to help someone capping a point that was 50%- and I walk away with 5 dil. Wow, thanks devs for encouraging people to help cap.

I'm sorry, but your arrogance is just annoying

The more you cap points, the more dil you get.

That's how I spend less than 2 hors and get dil cap on all of my 7 chars.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, but your arrogance is just annoying

First, don't be a liar. You are not sorry.

You poor baby. There is a pier you can **** off of.

The more you cap points, the more dil you get.

No, really! And to get that 5400 reward you need to nab all 3 V-rex.

Your ingorance is stunning.

That's how I spend less than 2 hors and get dil cap on all of my 7 chars.

So pray tell how many points you need to get for 5400 reward?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    just 2 weeks ago there were +20 active zones with hundreds of players on dyson ground.

Now.... 5 almost empty zones.
    Great changes Cryptic... great changes.
    You keep ruining the entire game bit by bit... everything players liked to play has been ruined in the past weeks.
    To me and for sure many other players it looks like your only interest is to get this game closed asap.
    Guess what... you are on the best way to achieve this.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    just 2 weeks ago there were +20 active zones with hundreds of players on dyson ground.

You keep ruining the entire game bit by bit... everything players liked to play has been ruined in the past weeks.
    To me and for sure many other players it looks like your only interest is to get this game closed asap.

That can't be directly related to the Nerf considering that most of the player base is in the winter wonderland at the moment. 150+ zones brimming with holiday cheer.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh great so the devs have done it again, they ruined another part of the game.

I just tried the ground battlezone and guess what... for actively capturing zones I got incredible 5 dil (previously it was 90).
    For spending half an hour there and killing the vrex I got just a little more than 2500 dil.... i mean WTF? Part of that dil even came from completing quests.

I got 5 dil for capturing one of the silos and 750 for the other.
    No implants at all. No bonus for capturing zones... no bonus for killing 2 rexes.... nothing.
    And the requirements for collecting the command marks and requesting reinforcements have nearly doubled.

The devs are the biggest liars I have ever seen.
    They have the nerves to claim that they increased the rewards for the battlezones by 50% while actually reducing the rewards by more than 50%.

EVERY week these guys are lying to the players... every week the game is getting worse.
    hrm i just did it and i had the opposite experience. I also got more dilithium when capturing those transporters where as previously I would have only gotten 5 i now seem to get 45 (which seems a bit high but whatevers)

If you just breeze in at the end you get 5 dil but if you actualy are there for more then 10 seconds you get 90. Plus I got more dilithium then I would have previously gotten because I like to cap points. I got all the injectors everything as well for killing 2 dinos. All in all for 2 runs in that zone today I got about 10k dilithium, but my habits have not changed I go and capture a point from start to finish and help others to get theirs. I dont "tag" anything. /shrug
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2014

In fairness most people are probably in the winterland grinding for winter event stuff which is why the dyson zones are empty. With that said I know I probably won't be returning to dyson ground after these changes. I used to do it because it was a fairly easy source of dilithium and it was pretty fun (which is saying something since I hate ground stuff). I did do the dino tagging, but I wasn't a leach. I'd run around capin zones until the rex's got released and usually end up helping kill at least two of them.

I'm not really sure why they keep chasing players away from all content with these reward nerfs. With every patch comes a new nerf and I'm a little more annoyed. If they are trying to get people to spend money by nerfing rewards everywhere it's certainly not helping their case with me. The more annoyed I get the longer my wallet stays shut to them as that's my only recourse other then quitting which I'm not quite ready to do yet. I still have a little hope things will get better.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don;t worry after the weekend when a larger percentage of the player base come back and play VBZ and find out how its been nerfed there will be no issue getting the full reward as the area will be like the PvE queues, "DEAD JIM" so soloing it will guarantee the full reward payout, :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    10,080 Dil is the amount you DID get from the dailies, capping as much as you can and killing all 3 Vrexes, that's one run and should take 45 min with an active zone, if you got that much in two runs I think you don't need to be Roger Penrose to work out how much it's been nerfed.

45 has always been the Dil for a transporter and 90 has always been the dil for a single point, so they have not been increased, it simply means that you need to participate more than just a single shot in order to gain that reward. The only missing bit is going to be the three Vrexes and the final reward, as soon as I get a chance I'll check that out.

I have noticed no change I was getting shortchanged in a few places before due to the people running around doing wierd stuff because i would be murdered at dinos and have to respawn etc.

I dont jump maps i start in one area and move from point to point it was probably over about 10k but i dont like to over estimate as i can't remember what I started with. Lets put it this way for people who play the map as it should be played and dont try to tag everything all at once the game has improved. People stayed put today for the most part. The only time I got 5 dilithium was if i was finished capping a point and as i was moving towards another point I passed through and helped some guy finish his faster on they way by. There is nothing wrong with the changes its fair your rewarded for the work you actually do. This change was much needed people just need to adapt.

I have never seen maps flip so fast as I have today. My frustration level was not through the roof as people half completed something and left me standing by myself with one other guy.

No one was ranting about being left to solo one of the harder points. It was GREAT!

If anything I got more for my time and not less because those maps flipped so fast my head spun.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    the transporters always gave 45 dil

and i didnt simply jump into the zones just before they were finished... ive spent several minutes there... killing voth... activating devices... defending the zone while capturing was running
    5 dil reward... that was all i got

when playing dyson ground ive always done my work and captured zones
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

Yeah, that has nothing to do with this change. The 114 zones currently open in Wonderland is what's going on there. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    the transporters always gave 45 dil

and i didnt simply jump into the zones just before they were finished... ive spent several minutes there... killing voth... activating devices... defending the zone while capturing was running
    5 dil reward... that was all i got

nope there were instances where transporters would reward less (i know this because it happened to me a lot)

as for the 5 today if you were not there for any length of time then you likely only got 5. I had no problem today I would capture maybe 4 or 5 points max before the entire map was blue since there are groups on seperate areas. Then it was dino time and each time I made it to 2 dinos and got dilithium 720 plus the dailies. The maps flipped faster because people not trying to get credit for every point on the map. I think it took me about an hour to run it twice the first time it was a partial run the second run was a full run.

anyhow the changes are good. I did it on a science officer even who is not a huge dps machine because he is only partially geared right now. It was the best experience I have had in dyson for a very long time. I thank cryptic for fixing that mess .... I was starting to avoid the zone even though I enjoy ground warzones.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    kk then its winter wonder land
    and the player just didnt notice this nerf yet
    lets wait and see what happens when they do.

maybe there is a reason why this nerf was introduced just when the winter event started

There is almost nothing in this game anymore that is worth to be played.
    And Im sick of being told lies by the developers.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    nope there were instances where transporters would reward less (i know this because it happened to me a lot)

as for the 5 today if you were not there for any length of time then you likely only got 5. I had no problem today I would capture maybe 4 or 5 points max before the entire map was blue since there are groups on seperate areas. Then it was dino time and each time I made it to 2 dinos and got dilithium 720 plus the dailies. The maps flipped faster because people not trying to get credit for every point on the map. I think it took me about an hour to run it twice the first time it was a partial run the second run was a full run.

anyhow the changes are good. I did it on a science officer even who is not a huge dps machine because he is only partially geared right now. It was the best experience I have had in dyson for a very long time. I thank cryptic for fixing that mess .... I was starting to avoid the zone even though I enjoy ground warzones.

I already said that I did not spent just a few seconds in these zones. I captured them from the beginning to the end.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    You're talking that final reward after all three dinos die, right?

I've noticed myself that this final reward is "variable" based on a lot more than one thing. To wit:

If I participate in a "full sector run", getting full credit for capping each and every sector in, say, the outskirts, then participate in the final battle hitting only outskirts dino, and none of the Omega particle levels falls to the point that we hear "the Voth are getting particles" or whatever he says, I get 5 VCIs and piles of Dil.

If I only catch a couple of points then do a one-dino kill, and the particle warning stays silent (aka medics are dealt with) - I might get about 2k dil with my 5 VCIs.

Full run, but someone slacks on medics and the punk pipes up? I wind up with like 3 VCIs and a lot less final reward Dil.

Catch one dino as the only thing I do in an instance and have a silo fall below 50%? Drop in bucket levels of Dil...

Hmm I've never seen that much variety. In my experience it's been three things that determine final reward: number of zones capped, number of dinos tagged and number of dinos killed.

Assuming all three dinos are killed:

- If it's less than 5 zones tagged then it's just over half the total reward even if you tag all three dinos.

- Two dinos tagged is half the reward. It's possible one dino is half of even that but I've never done just one dino. I've also never gotten the full reward with just one or two dinos.

- 5 or more zones capped + all three dinos tagged gives full reward. This is the only acceptable outcome if you've been bothering to cap zones, so why would someone reduce their dilithium reward by not tagging? Especially when tagging does not fail the instance? It's very rare that I see an instance fail to kill all three dinos even with everyone tagging, because of the nature of tagging.

Rewards change if not all dinos are killed. That rarely happens in my experience. I also don't remember what the new rewards are but it used to be about 3100 dilithium for full reward and a little over 1600 for partial reward, not including dailies or individual zones or anything. Just what it gives you when the third dino dies.

That does make me wonder how people would get way more dilithium than I did. Some claim they can get way more than that in the course of an hour and I still can't figure out how unless they're instance hopping and tagging and that's it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I already said that I did not spent just a few seconds in these zones. I captured them from the beginning to the end.

then your bugged and you need to submit a report because that is not the way it works. If your there shooting or healing or something then you will get your 90 dilithium and whatnot. If your there at the tail end you get 5. If you arrive a few seconds before the thing is capped you get nothing :)
    Hmm I've never seen that much variety. In my experience it's been three things that determine final reward: number of zones capped, number of dinos tagged and number of dinos killed.

There isnt that much variety. I personally am not fussy I kill 2 dinos usually sometimes 3 and occassionally only 1 the rest its just capturing today because people were not doing wierd things I got to capture more then a couple of points because people were not half starting them and then running away and leaving me to finish while they did an easy one (usually they would tag the harder ones get them full of agro and then run away) it was annoying as all getout. Others I think did a lot of instance hoping. Anyhow there is no nerf that I can see the quantity I come away with for my time seems about the same or maybe better because its not such a frustrating experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    writing a report?
    well my last +10 reports got completely ignored by the devs
    they simply dont care if something this game is bugged... at least as long players have a disadvantage in gameplay
    Im still waiting for a ticket to be answered that ive submitted 5 weeks ago.

next to that dont i think that this is a bug... we experienced such an incredible amount of nerfs in the past weeks and have been lied at by the dev... this issue fits very well into that picture.
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I appreciate every change against leechers. But what they did here is a simple nerf again. No way to tag 3 dinos any more, except you are running the zone with your fleet. So I need to do 2 runs now instead of 1. It was the last resort for farming dil in an acceptable amount of time. That change is the final nail on the coffin for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    my fleet members have reported the same meanwhile
    its a massive nerf again
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fortunately everything is awesome, otherwise I would be pretty pissed off...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    you've got a serious reading comprehension issue,

your own little path of righteousness.

The only time I would ever instance hop is if I see you there lol.

oh look more insults :D
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just did a bunch of runs to see the effect of the latest change. In one instance, I joined a area that was already in progress about half completed. Upon completion, I received 5 dilith no marks. One instance I started the area with a group right behind me. Did the whole area from start to finish, with my alt, 2 boffs, shards of possibilities, and security team. Upon completion only received 5 dilith.

In effect they have taken away any incentive to group, or help take a map.

At rex time, I stayed on one dino the whole time, I received no dilith, no marks no cybernetic implants.

This is a stab in the back to loyal players. They increased dilith earnings in battlezone, and cut it like this.

The notes said "Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions and too penalizing on tasks that were critical for missions."

This is a stripping of the rewards at the most essential missions for map completion.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Just did a bunch of runs to see the effect of the latest change. In one instance, I joined a area that was already in progress about half completed. Upon completion, I received 5 dilith no marks. One instance I started the area with a group right behind me. Did the whole area from start to finish, with my alt, 2 boffs, shards of possibilities, and security team. Upon completion only received 5 dilith.

In effect they have taken away any incentive to group, or help take a map.

At rex time, I stayed on one dino the whole time, I received no dilith, no marks no cybernetic implants.

This is a stab in the back to loyal players. They increased dilith earnings in battlezone, and cut it like this.

The notes said "Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions and too penalizing on tasks that were critical for missions."

This is a stripping of the rewards at the most essential missions for map completion.

put in a bug report (i dont know you so take this with a grain of salt) assuming your honestly staying at points the entire time and are at the dino for a good portion of the time you should get implants and the dilithium as usual.

Maybe there is an issue with their system not reading info properly however I dont usually group because I am kdf with one exception and most people running that are well federation when I play. The zone should work wether your grouped or not since all factions are working as a unit in this case it should ignore grouping.
This discussion has been closed.