test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got to see this? I want to see these changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    And how much dilithium did you get for just one dino? If it's less than 3k you didn't get the full reward. 3 implants I think is only the partial reward which is just over 1600 dilithium. To me it's not worth capping all those zones just for a partial reward.

I've never kept track of how many zones I've captured past 5 so it's possible that 8 zones total is what's needed for the full reward. For me it's always been 5 zones + 3 dinos. Maybe it's possible that 7 zones + 1 dino is the same. So far though anything less than 3 dinos is a partial reward.

It was more than 3K dilithium. Next time I run it I'll take a screenshot of the rewards.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to clarify the patch notes that I wrote, which seems like they were too vague for what actually happened. I apologize for the notes being unclear, and will make sure in the future something like this does not happen again on my end.

The "points" that were being talked about were the internal points required to get rewards for capture areas (generators, artillery, etc.). The "too generous" portion meant that people could barely participate in the event (i.e. shoot something once) and get full rewards for the entire capture point.

Meanwhile, doing things like healing other players or your BOFFs in combat did very little to earn you points towards getting the rewards for the capture points, hence the whole "too penalizing portion"

The goal with these changes was to bring these two factors back into balance.

I'm sorry that the patch notes caused confusion regarding what was actually done, but hopefully this helps explain what happened and our logic behind it.

If you all are seeing that you're fully participating in an event and not getting properly rewarded, please post the details of what happened and what you were doing, along with screenshots (if possible), and we will look into it.

As well, if anything about this post is unclear, please feel free to call it out and I'll do my best to clarify things.

Because the mechanics in this sector are still fairly well hidden from view:

1. Full on kill/DPS only oriented teams can still easily get enough points from kills alone if they are in the sector from start to finish, correct?

2. Obviously, the science heals (Vascular, Triage) are getting more "points per use" than they used to. Are things like having a nanite health charge jump from a character to another counted for points? How about shield and medical generator stations? Do these stations have to actually be used or does the existence of them count? Are battle watching and/or FoMMing a target considered as "healing" or "support" actions too for points?

3. At what completion percentage should a point be bypassed and the character move on to the next one, because no amount of actions in said point can earn a full reward? 3/4? 4/5? Final boss on the screen?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, you can get that without tagging. you just need to do more than one run.

Huh? Never got it on any character without tagging all three dinos, if I am not mistaken.
    Can you elaborate on this?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited December 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Huh? Never got it on any character without tagging all three dinos, if I am not mistaken.
    Can you elaborate on this?

From hazy memory:

First toon that ever got this accolade was my main. Of course, this was in the early release, so the concept of tag all three dinos in one pass was not "detected".

First half dozen or so silo fights I was in was always city or outskirts. Obviously, I've been credited with the takedown of City-Rex and Skirty-Rex. Finally, one day, I found myself in the park when the silo fight started, so I hung out and killed Park-Rex. Accolade popped.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited December 2014
    And how much dilithium did you get for just one dino? If it's less than 3k you didn't get the full reward. 3 implants I think is only the partial reward which is just over 1600 dilithium. To me it's not worth capping all those zones just for a partial reward.

I've never kept track of how many zones I've captured past 5 so it's possible that 8 zones total is what's needed for the full reward. For me it's always been 5 zones + 3 dinos. Maybe it's possible that 7 zones + 1 dino is the same. So far though anything less than 3 dinos is a partial reward.

You're talking that final reward after all three dinos die, right?

I've noticed myself that this final reward is "variable" based on a lot more than one thing. To wit:

If I participate in a "full sector run", getting full credit for capping each and every sector in, say, the outskirts, then participate in the final battle hitting only outskirts dino, and none of the Omega particle levels falls to the point that we hear "the Voth are getting particles" or whatever he says, I get 5 VCIs and piles of Dil.

If I only catch a couple of points then do a one-dino kill, and the particle warning stays silent (aka medics are dealt with) - I might get about 2k dil with my 5 VCIs.

Full run, but someone slacks on medics and the punk pipes up? I wind up with like 3 VCIs and a lot less final reward Dil.

Catch one dino as the only thing I do in an instance and have a silo fall below 50%? Drop in bucket levels of Dil...

• shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    if this finally fixes the tag leeches, then about time:rolleyes:
    if it doesnt actually fix voth ground, then, lol.

This.

/tenny ten ten.
    giphy.gif
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Yeah, and they're adding more marks and will be giving away those rep-specific items for projects in the rep zones soon.

Everyone needs to READ the patch notes. Some rewards are going up, others are going down. It's a rebalance, partially-up and partially-down, not a nerf.

I hope a mod closes this thread because it's been created as nothing but a doom thread that ignores the actual wording of the patch notes.

The wording that they are using reminds me of when they 'balanced' the EC that items are worth. Some values went up and some went down. The overall end result was that the overall EC earned from vendor trash went noticeably down. Otherwise known as the great vendor trash nerf.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I tagged Park, ran and tagged Outskirts, ran to city but it was finished as I got half way there so some people must have decided to hand around city which is unusual. Anyway I went back to outskirts and killed that VREX by which time park was dead too, I got another 2520 Dil making 6040 Dil.

Normally when I do this I get all three dinos and the dailies, it gives me 10,080, so I was down 4000 dil, thanks Devs.

Looks like they fixed taggers who leech.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The reason the carrot on the stick works is because the horse doesn't realize it will never get the carrot. Craptic has basically moved the carrot 20ft in front of the horse. The horse can barely see the carrot...

Unless the horse is dumb as a TRIBBLE it will quit chasing the carrot.
    edited December 2014
    I have never leeched on that map, I fight my way around it all the time, when the Vrexes arrive I tag and kill as do all the others in the other zones, 95% of the time all the Vrexs go down and I get the full 10K reward. There are some people that just hang around where the Vrexes spawn and do nothing else, they are the leeches and yes this will sort them out, it will also cost those of us who work hard in that zone plenty of dil.

Your implication that I was leeching is wrong, best check your facts before you swing wild accusations around.

I dont tag anything I go to a vrex and kill it and then go to the next one tagging is not necessary so I think your you know not being truly honest but that is on you if you need to rationalize tagging something and moving onto the next leaving 2 guys behind to kill it for you so that you can kill all 3 for max reward.

I never get all 3 and there is a reason for that its because I dont tag and run away I go to one and stay till its dead and shoot it and participate. So I am sorry but you can no longer run away after shooting him 3 times to try to squeeze all 3 in. That's great now everyone will earn what they deserve instead of you know earning MORE then those who play the map properly and stay put until the objective is achieved before moving on.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well it would require a new zonewide strategy. send commandos to take out the voth at all 3 zones while leaving Vrexs alone. Then as a mass move from zone to zone so all get all 3. tada.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited December 2014
    Well it would require a new zonewide strategy. send commandos to take out the voth at all 3 zones while leaving Vrexs alone. Then as a mass move from zone to zone so all get all 3. tada.

I have on a very rare occassion been with a group that you know does this but for the most part this has not been happening. However people who use the word "tag" I know exactly what they are doing lol.

It is extremely frustrating to get 2/3'rds done an objective to find half the group suddenly run away leaving the huge pile of mobs that they generated by their presence on the control points to kill the remaining people there under the assumption they are going to finish the objective for them. It was starting to get ridiculous and I often dont group because I am finding I am being told that I must also "tag" when in the group which is wrong and I refuse to you know "do it because everyone else is doing it". Its not fun to just run around a map and not actually stay to complete something and its no wonder they call it grinding lol.

Anyhow thankfully they have heard our pleas and probably at times listened to the frustrated people in chat left to finish an objective solo for a group of people who are "tagging". At least once or twice per session some player would scream out in frustration as he was left alone and I or someone else would have to explain that he is being 'used' and to just go do an easier objective or follow the mob of taggers until they finally decide to stop and capture a point.
    edited December 2014
    long overly complicated explanation of some convoluted strategy to kill all 3 dinos so that not everyone needs to be at the dino....

Yeah lol well you can't "tag" anymore no need to explain nice try though I play it often I know what goes on and guess what? it wont be happening anymore so no more "tagging" for you :D

and for anyone who sees a lumbering zombie like alien kdf engineer guy spamming mines explaining in chat why others are being left to solo stuff well that is me :)
    edited December 2014
    Sigh, I should have known better than try to explain it, hopefully someone with a few more grey cells will find it of use.

I bet you're the type of player that thinks the Scimitar is OP because you can't be arsed to find out how to do build it right. Now because of your self righteous holier than thou attitude and people like you who think they are always right when in reality they haven't got a freaking clue, we now have less of an opportunity to earn dil in this game.

I am the type of player that thinks for myself but I dont want that ugly ship thank you very much. Just because I wont play a game of running around like that instead of moving in a unit from dino 1 to dino 2 to dino 3 because it achieves the same result in the same amount of time and doesn't rely on everyone being in a group knowing "the plan" doesnt mean I am stupid or new or "dont understand".

There is no need to get that complicated to do anything in that zone that is the point many people have tried to explain to you guys who leave the 2 people behind at the dino while go run away that what your doing is not necessary and tends to hurt those outside your group.

So why dont you use this plan

combine groups A+B+C and we will call it group D
    go to the dino in the city kill it in 2 seconds
    go to the dino in the park kill it in 2 seconds
    go to the dino in the outskirts and kill that in 2 seconds

and.. get full reward instead of doing that insanity which is bound to leave people sitting at a dino point soloing a dino while you execute your plan for your group and your group alone.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sigh, I should have known better than try to explain it, hopefully someone with a few more grey cells will find it of use.

Don't worry, I found it useful, it would work brilliantly if everyone at the zone knew to use it.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to clarify the patch notes that I wrote[...]

Thanks for the clarification! :)

This sounds like a great change, rewarding the players who actually participate in capturing points, while punishing the taggers who would just make capping them harder for us.
    edited December 2014
    Definitely a noob

Its interesting watching all the name calling as you try to find a reason to do something that just got as you call it "nerfed" :D
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought nerfing things and slowing asset stripping this game to the point of no longer finding fun in playing it was the new fashion.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    Yeah lol well you can't "tag" anymore no need to explain nice try though I play it often I know what goes on and guess what? it wont be happening anymore so no more "tagging" for you :D

Pray tell then, why is there an accolade for doing just that what mattjohnsonva described?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    Definitely a noob, the only way you're going to do that is to get everyone in the zone on your team, ie fill an instance with fleet mates. The problem is that you can't organise strangers over zone chat because they are full of people like you that think they know best. You said earlier that you almost never got all three Vrexes, well those of us who knew how to do it almost always got all three, so let's see shall we, you with your brilliant strategy got two thirds of the reward whilst everyone else who knew how to do it got all the reward, LMAO.

I've done, no hope here.

Just like a child to call someone a noob when it is pointed out how they are being a burden and not carrying their weight. I blame the xbox generation.

Zones in the BZ are not completed at the same time.

One is last.

Depending how long that takes most if not all players from that instance are already in that zone. Most of the freeloaders like yourself did nothing to cap any of the zones and just instanced jumped and are waiting at the dino spawn point. Within a few seconds of the dinos spawning the free loaders are bailing on the 1st and running to tag 2nd. The freeloaders might put in some time to kill the 3rd but with out players staying on that 1st dino it would have never fallen. The freeloaders get the bonus for being bad teammates while those that stay were screwed.
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Just like a child to call someone a noob when it is pointed out how they are being a burden and not carrying their weight. I blame the xbox generation.

Zones in the BZ are not completed at the same time.

One is last.

Depending how long that takes most if not all players from that instance are already in that zone. Most of the freeloaders like yourself did nothing to cap any of the zones and just instanced jumped and are waiting at the dino spawn point. Within a few seconds of the dinos spawning the free loaders are bailing on the 1st and running to tag 2nd. The freeloaders might put in some time to kill the 3rd but with out players staying on that 1st dino it would have never fallen. The freeloaders get the bonus for being bad teammates while those that stay were screwed.

So what happens when you Do cap points. then go and run to V-rex and can kill one or 2 while lucky folks can nab all 3? Because that is what happens, when I am accordign to you "a good teammate" so goes after one at a time.

Yeah, Please explain oh so wise one how everyone can get the full reward without tagging, Because I haven't seen it done.

Also, I go to help someone capping a point that was 50%- and I walk away with 5 dil. Wow, thanks devs for encouraging people to help cap.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh great so the devs have done it again, they ruined another part of the game.

I just tried the ground battlezone and guess what... for actively capturing zones I got incredible 5 dil (previously it was 90).
    For spending half an hour there and killing the vrex I got just a little more than 2500 dil.... i mean WTF? Part of that dil even came from completing quests.

I got 5 dil for capturing one of the silos and 750 for the other.
    No implants at all. No bonus for capturing zones... no bonus for killing 2 rexes.... nothing.
    And the requirements for collecting the command marks and requesting reinforcements have nearly doubled.

The devs are the biggest liars I have ever seen.
    They have the nerves to claim that they increased the rewards for the battlezones by 50% while actually reducing the rewards by more than 50%.

EVERY week these guys are lying to the players... every week the game is getting worse.
    edited December 2014
    There has been no changes to the V-Rex and Dilithium output in this patch that I am aware of.

However, the patch that went live on November 6th increased dilithium rewards in the zone. You can see the details here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1287541

and the actually quote:

THIS is a LIE
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WOW...some people in Tribble where already talking about this:

Dyson Sphere Battle Zone: Re-balanced how player's scores are calculated for open missions.
    Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions and too penalizing on tasks that were critical for missions.

Guess so much for Generosity.

EDIT: Nvm dev already explained
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    So what happens when you Do cap points. then go and run to V-rex and can kill one or 2 while lucky folks can nab all 3? Because that is what happens, when I am accordign to you "a good teammate" so goes after one at a time.

Yeah, Please explain oh so wise one how everyone can get the full reward without tagging, Because I haven't seen it done.

Also, I go to help someone capping a point that was 50%- and I walk away with 5 dil. Wow, thanks devs for encouraging people to help cap.

I'm sorry, but your arrogance is just annoying

The more you cap points, the more dil you get.

That's how I spend less than 2 hors and get dil cap on all of my 7 chars.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, but your arrogance is just annoying

First, don't be a liar. You are not sorry.

You poor baby. There is a pier you can **** off of.

The more you cap points, the more dil you get.

No, really! And to get that 5400 reward you need to nab all 3 V-rex.

Your ingorance is stunning.

That's how I spend less than 2 hors and get dil cap on all of my 7 chars.

So pray tell how many points you need to get for 5400 reward?
    edited December 2014
    just 2 weeks ago there were +20 active zones with hundreds of players on dyson ground.

Now.... 5 almost empty zones.
    Great changes Cryptic... great changes.
    You keep ruining the entire game bit by bit... everything players liked to play has been ruined in the past weeks.
    To me and for sure many other players it looks like your only interest is to get this game closed asap.
    Guess what... you are on the best way to achieve this.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    just 2 weeks ago there were +20 active zones with hundreds of players on dyson ground.

Now.... 5 almost empty zones.
    Great changes Cryptic... great changes.
    You keep ruining the entire game bit by bit... everything players liked to play has been ruined in the past weeks.
    To me and for sure many other players it looks like your only interest is to get this game closed asap.

That can't be directly related to the Nerf considering that most of the player base is in the winter wonderland at the moment. 150+ zones brimming with holiday cheer.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited December 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    oh great so the devs have done it again, they ruined another part of the game.

I just tried the ground battlezone and guess what... for actively capturing zones I got incredible 5 dil (previously it was 90).
    For spending half an hour there and killing the vrex I got just a little more than 2500 dil.... i mean WTF? Part of that dil even came from completing quests.

I got 5 dil for capturing one of the silos and 750 for the other.
    No implants at all. No bonus for capturing zones... no bonus for killing 2 rexes.... nothing.
    And the requirements for collecting the command marks and requesting reinforcements have nearly doubled.

The devs are the biggest liars I have ever seen.
    They have the nerves to claim that they increased the rewards for the battlezones by 50% while actually reducing the rewards by more than 50%.

EVERY week these guys are lying to the players... every week the game is getting worse.
    hrm i just did it and i had the opposite experience. I also got more dilithium when capturing those transporters where as previously I would have only gotten 5 i now seem to get 45 (which seems a bit high but whatevers)

If you just breeze in at the end you get 5 dil but if you actualy are there for more then 10 seconds you get 90. Plus I got more dilithium then I would have previously gotten because I like to cap points. I got all the injectors everything as well for killing 2 dinos. All in all for 2 runs in that zone today I got about 10k dilithium, but my habits have not changed I go and capture a point from start to finish and help others to get theirs. I dont "tag" anything. /shrug
This discussion has been closed.