Install Arc
Options

All things said and done.....

Comments

• Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    all involved at least put some effort to come across as adults.

they never said things like:

Please, dont act like this is the first war of words ever between fleets or people in the history of the forums. Everyone here knows better.
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • Options
    dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2014
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • Options
    captainmatt2captainmatt2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bwemo wrote: »
    he finally got a luck iso charge on me

always "luck" with some people, when their all gold "cant lose" too bad i never see any pandas fight those same odds, let alone get kills. To ryiott naz husanak mt tie and all other has- beens and never will bes stay dead please. Go back to hospital or trains tycoon or mwo or whatever **** hole u climbed out of to harass your betters. Those long time players will remember true excellence and true shame. Who rolled ACES and who rolled CHEESE SANTORUM. End rant honor to theplayer SHAME TO THE TROLL

GOODF RIDDANCE PANDA .|.
  • Options
    captainmatt2captainmatt2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Uh is this minimax? Cuz a) there are no fleet intel ships and b) if it is lol youre silly.

Ker'rat was devoid of life for over a week thanks to that stupid scryer. Hell even mini raged for 3 hrs till he finally got a luck iso charge on me then instantly qap'la logged out. Every other Hobo has just left (execpt the mark guy, but I dont think trolling in a sci brel with no weapons really matters for anything?)

Scryers been blown up 3-4 times total since it was crafted in ker'rat. As for declining a 2v2, thats what we were doing for HOURS when you and kel were there. You guys got stomped, btw. Should we talk about Link, T'blap, Lion-o, Kell, and I forget the other vs me and a ka-tet guy for hours? Good thing that had no score board, I'd hate to see a 2 on 4/5 with 0 kills on the 4/5 side.

Glad to see 2 or 3 hobos remain to fill kerrat. Was getting kind of freaking boring being decloaked over cracked for hours.

As for the rest of this, lol, Zan, you're too much of a sweet heart to be arguing with people over a dead game. Every fleet has people who do things that might make the fleet look less, the trick is to blame the person not the fleet, which people here don't seem to be capable of. :confused:

too bad im not a screenshot saving ****** have enough shame to get rid of you forever. k yourself. and im not tlaking self tric
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Logging in forum for months and years even, saying how you left the game.
    Some of you ppl are hilarious.

Like people who actually play PvP will stop enjoying PvP or playing STO because few ker'raters, be it HOBOs or Pandas, don't play anymore lol.
    Don't find ground shaking offence in this, but you are not vital to PvP, in fact most of these endless insults just damaged PvP.
    That cesspool named Ker'rat needed shutting down years ago anyway, it just brought bad blood between players and players and devs because of endless crying/griefing/insults.

Respect to mindsharp and select others because he is not hardcore klingon role-player and is not behaving like 12yr old. All others can just go away and delete this forum bookmark for all I care.
    And I must remind people of Gorn. He left, for shame, but he didn't come back every day to fkn underscore that he left, 1 of most fun PvPers in this game, no crying, no shaming, no insults.

Seeing some of you, some newer PvPers think that everyone is a fkn no brain jerk.
    It reminds me of random idiots in Battlefield that Caps-lock NOOOOBS; NOOOBS; NOOOBS entire match.
    You're leaving?
    There's the door. Don't come back.
  • Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »

LMAO!!! Thanks for making my evening better. And now I have that song stuck in my head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • Options
    v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rofl...figured this would happen.

The casual PVP'ers like me gave up PVP when DR came out, now the rest of ya are at each others throats because there is no little fishes like me in the kerrat pool to blast away continuously.

PVP is dead in this game...and long may it REMAIN DEAD.
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bring back Gorn!

I still run the Gorn foundation in the name of his people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    always "luck" with some people, when their all gold "cant lose" too bad i never see any pandas fight those same odds, let alone get kills. To ryiott naz husanak mt tie and all other has- beens and never will bes stay dead please. Go back to hospital or trains tycoon or mwo or whatever **** hole u climbed out of to harass your betters. Those long time players will remember true excellence and true shame. Who rolled ACES and who rolled CHEESE SANTORUM. End rant honor to theplayer SHAME TO THE TROLL

GOODF RIDDANCE PANDA .|.

So after 4 years of being game friends. I assumed most of the jabs in game from both of us where always in good fun. Now at the end of the game, one of my friends makes a hay thanks for being on the other side post. One of your fleet guys goes off on one of your own... and somehow I am one of the evil jerks that has somehow destroyed the game for you ? lol

I'm sure your just having a SD moment... or is it that you have been playing to much LOL and its pushing your sanity or something.

Hope your having fun in what ever game your in man. I'm sure we'll face off or team up somewhere else at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really sad to see that, even looking the PvPocalypse in the face, we still want to tear at each other's throats. I always thought that the comments by people who never came near here about how the PvP community was insulting, elitist, mean, etc., I always thought it was just assumptions.

I was wrong.

Those people were right.

Are we really going to hate each other over a POS PvP system in a sub-par game? I guess it's just time for me to take off the rosy glasses, and see the PvP community for what it really is.

And that makes me sad.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just picking nits husanak, but nobody went off on 'one of our own'. Mark left HoBO and has distanced himself from the fleet in every way possible. I'm still on good terms with my actual fleetmates and friends.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ahahahahahaha! The negative energy and pure hatred is outstanding. Let it flow... Good Good.... So close to the Dark Side... You can feel it!

See? See? You people are no better than me, I knew it... The DarkSide very strong here... Oh, you thought you guys were different? Nope, the negative energy is boiling to the surface.

Feelings and respect... LOL, it's all nonsense. Power and winning is all that matters... Only then will you be the best.

*Walks away smiling*
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Ahahahahahaha! The negative energy and pure hatred is outstanding. Let it flow... Good Good.... So close to the Dark Side... You can feel it!

See? See? You people are no better than me, I knew it... The DarkSide very strong here... Oh, you thought you guys were different? Nope, the negative energy is boiling to the surface.

Feelings and respect... LOL, it's all nonsense. Power and winning is all that matters... Only then will you be the best.

*Walks away smiling*

I, for one, let the Scora flow through me.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just as a thought:

PvPers are like Klingons. Klingons from the TNG-era shows that is.

As long as we have something to focus our thoughts on other things, like say...the ridiculous amount of stuff put out with DR...us PvPers tend to not really focus on each other.

Take that away, and we start going after each other more. It can happen anyways, after all, the nature of PvP means we have to fight each other in the game eventually. But the initial reactions to DR have all but dried up now, and those who are still here are more...settled into all the changes. You've used the time to get some toons to 60, put them in Intel ships, etc etc. For good or for ill, a lot of ya'll have slogged through the grind and cost to be able to more 'properly' PvP again with all the new stuff.

So, now that you all have, you are looking at how all of this works in greater detail, etching out how to get the most out of everything, and so on like we normally do. This however means that it is getting used against other PvPers more now, and so the issues are popping up as to what is 'ok and not ok'. Thus we start going at each other more.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    Thanks to HOBOs for the last memorable PvP match and the banter that lead to it.

Thanks

I honestly can't understand how this very friendly message to the HOBOs became a Panda bash / Fleet on ex fleet bash / Hatefest so quickly.

I iterate again thank you Mindsharp and Skurf for taking that message as it was meant. At face value.

By the way when I said last, I did not mean last ever match in STO. I meant last as in last time I had an organised PvP match. Just clearing things up.

Just think, if we have lost complete hope for STO, why would we even bother coming onto these forums?
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I honestly can't understand how this very friendly message to the HOBOs became a Panda bash / Fleet on ex fleet bash Hatefest so quickly.

Well, it's pretty easy. I took the bait. Nothing you laid out, obviously. But it was there and I had to bite. Your message was still received, and yeah thanks for the GG. How I wish for better days.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    Well, it's pretty easy. I took the bait. Nothing you laid out, obviously. But it was there and I had to bite. Your message was still received, and yeah thanks for the GG. How I wish for better days.

All better days start to happen with better behaviours from all involved.
    If bad behaviours do occur, its up to the offender to recognise and amend for as soon as possible to minimise and hopefully mitigate the damage caused.

Also to not bite and entertain is a good thing which I know is my weakness.

Good to walk away when things get heated, cool off and come back to have a civil conversation again my weakness.
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Rule N°1 of inter-fleet "diplomacy": avoid generalizations

That so-called "nerd fleet" has probably achieved more things than you can ever imagine before and after my time in STO. A very bold statement for someone who rarely played premade/pre-arranged matches in this game. :P

Cheers.
    =
    [...]Every fleet has people who do things that might make the fleet look less, the trick is to blame the person not the fleet, which people here don't seem to be capable of. :confused:

coconut made the post of the day, thx for bringing up similar and demonstrative content to my previous statement and emphasizing its meaning. :cool:.

That kind of behaviour seems to be commonly occurring and spreading out like an epidemic inside the pvp community: pvp-players that are part of a fleet and committing a "foul" under their actual fleet tag dont get cussed out only by opposing players but they generalize that incident by making his entire fleet responsible for this single player's "mistakes" or uncalled-for way of actions in that situation instead of trying to solve personal issues with that specific player himself before it leads into a fleet-wide dispute.

Behaviour patterns of single fleet members as a whole shouldn't be utilized or perceived as a basis of the representation of a fleet in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Every pvp fleet got flack from everyone' sob, pandas, trh, ic... bla bla ect...

Some for reasons thought to be unfair in game play others due to the treatment of the community or both. You all can weed them out as you see fit. That being said all the fleets gave good fights some were classy at the end some were not!

As far as hobos are concerned I know where they get their flack, backlash and why they are looked down on. A lot of it is well deserved! It is unfortunate some people in the hobos got dragged into it. mindsharp was one for a bit but he turned back and ended up being a cool guy.(Its not the tag its the person).

A lot of hobos are good people not just mindsharp but all it takes is a few bad eggs to make people toss out the whole batch.

Each fleet had this so as a community its best to try to target the bad eggs and not the whole group.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Really sad to see that, even looking the PvPocalypse in the face, we still want to tear at each other's throats. I always thought that the comments by people who never came near here about how the PvP community was insulting, elitist, mean, etc., I always thought it was just assumptions.

I was wrong.

Those people were right.

Are we really going to hate each other over a POS PvP system in a sub-par game? I guess it's just time for me to take off the rosy glasses, and see the PvP community for what it really is.

And that makes me sad.
    ^this.
    I love how everyone can go on about their pissy little squabble but ignore this post. Voporak's right, listen to him...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup we are so embittered against each other over pixels on a monitor screen that in reality means damn all that to be honest im not surprised there are no pvp updates, if i was a dev and lookes at this itd be safely locked in a little box on its own and forgotten also. Enough is enough quit ******** play the game for what it is or gtfu and play something you enjoy until (hopefully) the broken stuff gets fixed.
  • Options
    thorexxxxthorexxxx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    best expansion ever ! only 6 good friends left game hehe
  • Options
    melineaaelemelineaaele Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Eh..

My thoughts as a recently returned (left just after reman eps, returned just before DR)

Ever since STO launched, there have been broken powers, "cheating" fleets, spawncampers etc in PvP. Its nothing new, and once the current culprits are fixed, they will be replaced with new ones.

From the little PvP Ive done, Kerrat and a few ques, there are no major problems for the pvp system, the problem is that most if not all of the casual or new pvpers are being discouraged from even trying.

Ive run into these orion guys a few times in Kerrat, and despite the fact that I used to do pretty dmn well in PvP, Im just fodder for them, except for a few lucky alpha strikes.

Theyre obviously just using whatever tools they have to win a fight, tools that everyone have access to, apart from a couple of limited time rewards (Id love that ep2e/evasive doff f.ex).

TLDR

There are almost no new pvpers in this game, if there were, the pvp metagame would be healthy. Sadly they are being actively discouraged from PvPing seriously, by the elite players.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Eh..

My thoughts as a recently returned (left just after reman eps, returned just before DR)

Ever since STO launched, there have been broken powers, "cheating" fleets, spawncampers etc in PvP. Its nothing new, and once the current culprits are fixed, they will be replaced with new ones.

From the little PvP Ive done, Kerrat and a few ques, there are no major problems for the pvp system, the problem is that most if not all of the casual or new pvpers are being discouraged from even trying.

Ive run into these orion guys a few times in Kerrat, and despite the fact that I used to do pretty dmn well in PvP, Im just fodder for them, except for a few lucky alpha strikes.

Theyre obviously just using whatever tools they have to win a fight, tools that everyone have access to, apart from a couple of limited time rewards (Id love that ep2e/evasive doff f.ex).

TLDR

There are almost no new pvpers in this game, if there were, the pvp metagame would be healthy. Sadly they are being actively discouraged from PvPing seriously, by the elite players.

How so? Please elaborate.
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2014
    From the little PvP Ive done, Kerrat and a few ques, there are no major problems for the pvp system, ...

Sorry Dude,..

you are completely wrong. Maybe you should play a bit more PvP,.. . ;)

@Zan
    Some of your postings are really bad and personally offensive that I'm has to wonder where you learned this .. you grew up in the ghetto ?
    Not only here against Mark, also in OPvP against Hank.. very sad.
    Just saying..

Regarts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    Sorry Dude,..

you are completely wrong. Maybe you should play a bit more PvP,.. . ;)

Regarts

really dude.... best sig i spotted yet!!! :D:)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    How so? Please elaborate.
    I think what he's saying is that the elitist attitude and just general d-baggery in the pvp matches is what drives away new pvpers, they don't want to deal with it. I remember coming here after not playing the game for like 2 years, and I saw the squabbling and immaturity, and made a post about it, almost didn't stick around. But what kept me around was a little voice in my head that said wouldn't it be so fun to kill these ppl :D

Many people don't hold my attitude though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Let's assume a house party with 10 to 20 people, everybody having a blast, alcohol, music, recreational drugs, flirting. Let's further assume one guest acting disruptive, by the means of groping, harassing the females, insulting the males, being a total ****.

Some people wish "Can't we just get along?"...but then my question would be, "How?"...

How do you appease an anti-social element that is rendering the party unbearable for the other guests? Are we supposed to set quotas "You are only allowed to grope 20% of the females"? I'm sorry my friends, appeasement is not gonna save the day.

It takes only one person to ruin the fun for everybody, but the problem can be quickly solved by a bunch of guys kicking out the mischief-maker, case closed, everybody back at having fun again.

A small virtual community like our PvP community here is especially vulnerable to anti-social behaviour. Unlike in the RL party example, we do not have hard clean tools for auto-correction.

If griefers remain unchecked, in PvP maps, chat channels, forums, it won't lead to less griefing. It will embolden them to poison the well even further.

If you stand up to the griefers and the crazies, well, that also leads to major QQ. Outside observers may come to the conclusion that the community as a whole went nuts.

So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Don't get me wrong, they were always crazy people out there. But in the past, guys like Mikey or Talon-Jones never really shaped the tone of our community. When fleets like TSI, Pandas, TRH, IC, Elysion were active, the community was big enough to laugh such people off the stage.

We had fights and arguments, some of it nasty sure, but at least there were traces of "We are all in the same boat, let bygones be bygones", one could sit down with Trinity, Pax, Naz and agree to disagree and develop a working relationship at least.

Burning bridges, to a point of no return, that low-level nastiness... not good. Not good at all. Mark was trying to explain, at some point there won't be room left for reconciliation. You have lost a lot of friends and members. Mark wasn't the first, and if you guys stay the course, he won't be the last.

By apologizing Dius (of all people!!!!) diplayed more balls than some, a step into the right direction. Apologizing is not a weakness btw, its a strength.

Zelda, how do you think it will end? Do you think you can escape the backlash by simply moving to Star Citizen? If you take your current crew with you, chances are that in Star Citizen (compared to STO) there will be bigger and meaner guilds that one has to deal with. I'm worried, that in Star Citizen things could get worse....
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Zelda, how do you think it will end? Do you think you can escape the backlash by simply moving to Star Citizen? If you take your current crew with you, chances are that in Star Citizen (compared to STO) there will be bigger and meaner guilds that one has to deal with. I'm worried, that in Star Citizen things could get worse....

Agreed, could be Something Aweful that could happen. There's always a chance that if a minority in one game are picked on, they might have a majority in another game. Ying and Yang stuff.

On a personal note, I think you guys should take this conversation privately (kettle calling pot)
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Let's assume a house party with 10 to 20 people, everybody having a blast, alcohol, music, recreational drugs, flirting. Let's further assume one guest acting disruptive, by the means of groping, harassing the females, insulting the males, being a total ****.

Some people wish "Can't we just get along?"...but then my question would be, "How?"...

How do you appease an anti-social element that is rendering the party unbearable for the other guests? Are we supposed to set quotas "You are only allowed to grope 20% of the females"? I'm sorry my friends, appeasement is not gonna save the day.

It takes only one person to ruin the fun for everybody, but the problem can be quickly solved by a bunch of guys kicking out the mischief-maker, case closed, everybody back at having fun again.

A small virtual community like our PvP community here is especially vulnerable to anti-social behaviour. Unlike in the RL party example, we do not have hard clean tools for auto-correction.

If griefers remain unchecked, in PvP maps, chat channels, forums, it won't lead to less griefing. It will embolden them to poison the well even further.

Signed.

I don't want to agree and get along(and I never did) with some Ker'rat playground heroes, seeing what mindset they have after all those years, nor do I want to read endless QQ or accusations, or the fkn "gaem is ded" "i'm going-but i'll still sht here every day" on forum.

In game i just stealth ignore such BS, here they have their refuge because first and foremost other forum users tolerate such behavior.
    Pinnacle of stupidity is seeing that some of them actually think that by them leaving, PvP, no! whole fkn STO will be/is over.
    That is why some just cannot grasp or believe that we still play PvP every day and enjoy it.
    Impossible, right?

Wrong.

Personal rule #1 of online multiplayer gaming:
    Do not, ever, invest ego or grow ego in virtual world.