test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I ENJOY delta expansion

moosoomanmoosooman Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Hello,

Would just like to say in this downtime, I have come to read the forum and find it full of naysayers and doom thread makers, a lot of people expecting a lot of things from a game. In fact I think a lot of players only come here to moan!

In spite of this I would like to break the mould and say I have been playing this game for over a year now and am enjoying the constantly evolving game play and the new expansion true its not perfect, what game is? If there is a perfect game... Why aren't you playing that? lol

But devs id like to express my thanks and don't let the naysayers get you down there are a lot of players like me out there in silent fathoms of holodec :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by moosooman on

Comments

• Options
    captmaniccaptmanic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Liar liar pants on fire..!
  • Options
    allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi Sir, :D

I Agree completly !

Lord of Destruction :D
    Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I totally agree about the new content itself. I absolutely loved all the delta missions and getting to catch up with the Voyager folks.

However the killing of the pve queues with the introduction of the failqueues is hurting the game.

I'm not too fussed about the massive experience wall, but others are and that also is hurting the game.

If these 2 things were fixed I think we'd be back on track for a healthy game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The internet has taught me that there are strange people who enjoy bathing themselves in excrement so I suppose this makes sense.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    moosooman wrote: »
    Hello,

Would just like to say in this downtime, I have come to read the forum and find it full of naysayers and doom thread makers, a lot of people expecting a lot of things from a game. In fact I think a lot of players only come here to moan!

In spite of this I would like to break the mould and say I have been playing this game for over a year now and am enjoying the constantly evolving game play and the new expansion true its not perfect, what game is? If there is a perfect game... Why aren't you playing that? lol

But devs id like to express my thanks and don't let the naysayers get you down there are a lot of players like me out there in silent fathoms of holodec :)

The new content and voice acting is great. But I have given up on completing it due to the sheer bordom of partrols, that I have NO interest in.
  • Options
    fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have been playing this game for over a year now and am enjoying the constantly evolving game play and the new expansion

Same here! There have been some rough moments; being accused of exploiting was an all-time low for my experience in the game. And the rate of XP progression still needs substantial fine-tuning in my opinion.

But, overall the experience has been very positive! I like the new ships and boffs a *lot*, I like the upgrade system and the feeling of progression it provides. And the story... wow. When the big reveal came of why the Vaadwaur leaders are so uber-strong, I wish I had a camera on me recording the expression on my face. =) So much win.

In my opinion the devs have at the least earned some confidence that they will sand off the rough edges, get the queues pumping again, figure out some way to square the upgrade system for those of us running lots of alts, and strike a better balance for leveling speed. As long as they can avoid an adversarial / accusatory relationship between players and devs from slithering out of the muck again, I think we're in for a good year. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    The internet has taught me that there are strange people who enjoy bathing themselves in excrement so I suppose this makes sense.

Some people bathe in it, but others talk it so there seems to be more the latter on here from the looks of this forum and not from the devs ;)
    valoreah wrote: »
    You mean like you are moaning about other players? Or is your moaning somehow different?

Yup different as I limit mine to express something positive as I have in this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do as well but your not cool if you enjoy it so just warning you that there is no coolness points if you enjoy the content.

You only get coolness points for hating it, the companies involved and devs

err did I leave any things one has to hate out for coolness points?
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

I really like the new story content myself, but what I can't stand, is the enormous XP nerf, making lvling a pain in the ***, and the exorbitant costs of the so-called upgrading lottery. also, the complete lack of players in the queues is a problem caused by DR.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So let me get this straight: OP is complaining about other players but isn't providing any constructive feedback himself. I think I just got stuck in a forum logic paradox.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't really mind DR.

I like the storyline. I can deal with the increased difficulty of the storyline. The cost for upgrading to Mk XIV is fair. And the new ships are fun to fly.

I don't like the speed of levelling. Due to the fact that I had to take some tests for my study (which I all passed btw), prevented me from a good amount of activity the first few weeks. After that, the big XP nerf had hit, and I still don't have my main up to 60 (partially because I refuse to grind through Argala for this, I will never ever do something in this game so often it will feel like grinding)

I also don't like the horrifying reports of players who spend 400k refined dilithium to downgrade an item.

And well, I don't like the PR from one certain developer that is being repeated time and again, hence my signature.

All in all, in total not a terrible expansion, but absolutely not a terrific one either.

And what did you expect on the forums? Content players stay ingame and play it. People who have issues with the new content want to share them with Cryptic. And for that, we have the forums.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    I do as well but your not cool if you enjoy it so just warning you that there is no coolness points if you enjoy the content.

You only get coolness points for hating it, the companies involved and devs

err did I leave any things one has to hate out for coolness points?

I'm no where near cool anyway irl I'm the reg Barclay of my world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »

And what did you expect on the forums? Content players stay ingame and play it. People who have issues with the new content want to share them with Cryptic. And for that, we have the forums.

fair point, perhaps i'll avoid the forum in the future :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    also, the complete lack of players in the queues is a problem caused by DR.

"The queues are filled. It is a bug." - Geko
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Replying to OP to say this topic is more like troll bait than anything constructive.

Plenty of other topics that discuss the positives and negatives in much more specific terms without resorting to insults and over-generalizations such as "a lot of players only come here to moan."
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    You mean like you are moaning about other players? Or is your moaning somehow different?

Maybe his moaning is a tick more on the ..uh personal side? :D
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That isn't true that people are just bashing for the heck of it or to score popularity points. The problems are real. We didn't just make them up.

For my own part I have been very clear about it when there are aspects of the expansion that work well, and not just criticizing. And the goal of my criticism is to improve things, not to gratuitously flame.

For proof of this you can check out my DR review thread. I am about to post an updated table of contents on it. While the TOC has individual posts only I do recommend reading the discussion on the thread too because a lot of people have raised some very good points and other ideas.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I enjoy the story of DR.

But I still want an Ocompan Boff.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

you are weird
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like DR. I've really enjoyed it, and I'm just letting the grind of spec points and upgrades happen as I continue to play. I'm in no rush - it's a game, and I'm enjoying it. Leveling happens as I play.

I think the OP is making a statement in itself. Even with today's rebalance to the Voth ground zone, there were immediately people crying "NERF" when the patch notes explicitly say some rewards are being boosted at the same time. There are too many people on the forum looking to complain about anything and everything.

Either way, I find it hard to get too angry over bugs or problems post-DR. It's a major expansion, with a level cap increase and several new game mechanics - I expected that there would be bugs and issues that need rebalancing, and I'm impressed by how active Cryptic has been in addressing concerns with each new patch.

The story is great. The voice acting is great. The new story-matched patrols are great. The Delta Quadrant space, including all the races and ships are great. My new Talaxian BOFF is great. Upgrading gear is great. Upgrading ships and leveling them to be better is great.

That's just a short list of the things I've liked about DR. Is some of it slow? Yes, of course. But it's an MMO, and I expect a grind to get the goodies.

All-in-all, I'm enjoying DR :D
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

Don't think you READ it well. It's not about the CONTENT. Might be you are being too general in your critique and best to be more SPECIFIC?.

-If you love EMPTY QUEUES...This is the game for you...heck why make an MMO when you can play SOLO style

-If you love grinding to an extreme till blood come out from your urethra and eyes..This is for you. NOT a problem with grinding but EXTREME grinding...NOTE the difference. If you want to do Argala for 1000000XP and still not make a single spec point progress....This is for you.

-If you want to be lied about and cussed ALL over by DEVs...THIS game is for you. After ALL they said DELTA RISING...best expansion EVER. Content wasn't too bad but the stealth NERFs and INSULTING playerbase was not cool.

YEAH this is a GREAT expansion overall if you are an ABUSED BATTERED WIFE in a metaphor thats how Cryptic treated the playerbase....This game for you and GOOD for you.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I like DR. I've really enjoyed it, and I'm just letting the grind of spec points and upgrades happen as I continue to play. I'm in no rush - it's a game, and I'm enjoying it. Leveling happens as I play.

I think the OP is making a statement in itself. Even with today's rebalance to the Voth ground zone, there were immediately people crying "NERF" when the patch notes explicitly say some rewards are being boosted at the same time. There are too many people on the forum looking to complain about anything and everything.

Either way, I find it hard to get too angry over bugs or problems post-DR. It's a major expansion, with a level cap increase and several new game mechanics - I expected that there would be bugs and issues that need rebalancing, and I'm impressed by how active Cryptic has been in addressing concerns with each new patch.

The story is great. The voice acting is great. The new story-matched patrols are great. The Delta Quadrant space, including all the races and ships are great. My new Talaxian BOFF is great. Upgrading gear is great. Upgrading ships and leveling them to be better is great.

That's just a short list of the things I've liked about DR. Is some of it slow? Yes, of course. But it's an MMO, and I expect a grind to get the goodies.

All-in-all, I'm enjoying DR :D
    Agreed. most of the stuff people whine about I look at and just scratch my head.... Like Porthos's post below yours....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, no smoking pot. Pot is here to moan, and you shouldn't help. :P

What, specifically is good about Delta Rising? Is, in fact, everything awesome? Positive feedback is just as useful as negative, and both should be provided if you want to help the devs make STO a better game.

The good with Delta Rising is the collection of new content and gameplay options. We have new toys to play with and new sandboxes in which to play with them. Plus, the writing and art within those sandboxes are rather good.

The bad with Delta Rising is the implementation of many of the new gameplay options. The progression is dull, the queue rewards are still lower even at the "same" difficulty levels (which aren't the same or even equivalent), and the imbalances that already existed are being exacerbated... making for NPC scaling and matchmaking issues. When we shove +35 over-levels into a single character level, that should have been expected. Over-level progression is fine as long as it's horizontal progression, adding options rather than direct improvement in character power, but that is not what we got with the launch of Delta Rising. Throw in a large set of powers that heavily affect PvP without actually planning to balance PvP, and the problems become... more problematic.

The sig pic down there is really just there because I find humor in the statement. Partly, it's because there have only been two Expansions, so it's not exactly a major competition. Partly it's that, well, Legacy of Romulus was be best Expansion ever when compared to Delta Rising, in my opinion anyway. Legacy or Romulus added multiple story arcs, brought the factions into closer balance, didn't mess with the rate of progression or make that progression all "wonky", and had better promotion and PR. YMMV ;)

I agree. Don't let the naysayers get you down. I'm one of them as far as some (not all) aspects of Delta Rising, but I don't want you curling up into a ball in the corner with a bag of Funyuns and a bottle of bourbon... I'd rather see improvements. Distribute Active Specialization Points within the captain levels, so that scaling/matchmaking can be based directly off of the existing parameter. Balance out your offerings, so that KDF and Romulan captains actually have access to their basic categories of ships. Shift Starship Traits to the account level, so that you can leverage your factions for income rather than cutting off a potential revenue stream. Remember, the folks complaining here are the ones that care enough to want to improve STO. The silent fathoms off holodeck are the ones that concern me. They're the ones that no longer log in and didn't care enough anymore to come here and complain.

Or have the sense of humor to complain about the folks complaining about the complainers. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

What can I say there's plenty of people out there who enjoy masochism

Equally there are people out there who like being taken advantage of by others. That's what I'm seeing here whenever I read how people love things that devs do to their players in the name of greed. For example, in the beginning over in the main forums for ArcheAge people were so hyped up that they actually called people vile names as if they were poor people when they were actually expressing concern about the rampant greed going on over there.

Apparently it's fashionable to be an apologist for blatant abuse in the name of greed.

Common Apologist Arguments:

"you're playing it wrong"
    "you don't have to do it that way" (particularly in situations where there are no other choices especially concerning progression changes)

"I like the abuse"
    "You're just a naysayer, hater"
    "you don't actually play the game"
    "you just come here to moan and complain"
    "you've never posted suggestions to improve the game"
    "your concerns aren't valid because you mispelled a single word"
    "I'm a whale so therefore this couldn't possibly affect any other player out there"
    "I have 16 hours a day to play the game so therefore these changes couldn't possibly harm anyone else"
    "you need a specialist/expert in order to not only understand what's really happening but also to do the math or remember historical references to when these greedy acts were acted out by other developers of other games."

Did I miss any?
  • Options
    n00b1001n00b1001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You are right. I should go play games with less bugs. Thanks.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This part made me vomit in my mouth a little.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even the story and the whole atmospheric environment is lacking. The very basic storyline is ok, but why didn't they stay with it?

Instead they probably had an intern write down ALL the species Voyager encountered during it's 7-year-trip and somehow force them to appear in the expansion. Completely kills the setting in my opinion.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

To summarize this:

"I have a sandwich, so you can't be hungry !" :P