Install Arc
Options

Assistance needed to track down loadout issues

Comments

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'VE DONE IT!

I've successfully narrowed down exactly how to reproduce this bug. I submitted a bug report, number 2,919,867 but I'll reiterate here for visibility.

The bug, for me, occurs when the following conditions are met.

1. I have two saved loadouts, one of which is currently loaded.
    2. I retrain a boff involved in the loaded loadout to new powers, equip a new battery, and/or a console with an active power that wasn't in the old loadout.
    3. I slot all the new powers in my tray.
    4. I enter Kerrat from sector space. (This was where I tested it, but any enterable space zone that isn't sector space should work).
    5. I opened my ship menu (U default) and selected any piece of equipped gear to bring up the [EQUIP] sub-menu.

When the sub-menu comes up, my power tray reverts to the 'previous' version, which means it removes all the new powers/item powers/console powers that I added that aren't in the old loadout. However it does not load the old loadout in the loadouts menu. Both saved loadouts remain unselected.

The bug can only occur once per zone, not counting zone refreshes. So if you enter, it occurs, and then you re-slot your trays and continue to play in that zone, you will not see the bug again until either a zone refresh occurs or you exit and re-enter the zone.

Hope this helps fixing it, and happy hunting~!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just checking in on this, any updates from the dev side?
  • Options
    le619le619 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Eros@er619, No matter where I am at when I beam back to my ship, U.S.S. Kiabab my skill bar is reset and all my hotkey skills are gone. The saving loadout does nothing different for me.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    I'VE DONE IT!

I've successfully narrowed down exactly how to reproduce this bug. I submitted a bug report, number 2,919,867 but I'll reiterate here for visibility.

The bug, for me, occurs when the following conditions are met.

1. I have two saved loadouts, one of which is currently loaded.
    2. I retrain a boff involved in the loaded loadout to new powers, equip a new battery, and/or a console with an active power that wasn't in the old loadout.
    3. I slot all the new powers in my tray.
    4. I enter Kerrat from sector space. (This was where I tested it, but any enterable space zone that isn't sector space should work).
    5. I opened my ship menu (U default) and selected any piece of equipped gear to bring up the [EQUIP] sub-menu.

When the sub-menu comes up, my power tray reverts to the 'previous' version, which means it removes all the new powers/item powers/console powers that I added that aren't in the old loadout. However it does not load the old loadout in the loadouts menu. Both saved loadouts remain unselected.

The bug can only occur once per zone, not counting zone refreshes. So if you enter, it occurs, and then you re-slot your trays and continue to play in that zone, you will not see the bug again until either a zone refresh occurs or you exit and re-enter the zone.

Hope this helps fixing it, and happy hunting~!

Except mine happened with no loadouts saved. Just the setup I had suddenly went haywire when I changed 2 piece of equipment out and now can't be saved back to normal.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    True, but any functional repro case might help them isolate it for all other cases too. I too don't use the loadout system and my tray resets 100% of the time on any ground/space transition* for all of my characters.

*(and sometimes even a space/space transition or sector/space transition, but much much less frequently than ground/space)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well my repeatable was just noting that it can be repeated. If they can reliably repeat it, then they can look at the code changes that happen when it happens.

Other people- might include you- have had it happen when they beam up from a ground map to space- hell, I've had that happen myself.

There's no point on speculating on the cause if they can't test the mechanism.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In this post, crypticfrost indicated that he was unable to reproduce some of our test cases, because the process of transferring our characters to their internal servers messes with the tray. I was afraid that something like this might happen. We've known for some time that transferring a character from Holodeck to Tribble does not create an exact duplicate. I think it would probably help if we could find a way to consistently reproduce the bug on a brand new character. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if anyone else wants to try, I've noticed that equipping batteries and retraining boffs seem to frequently cause problems.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    mebbyjrmebbyjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    not only bridge-officers/toolbars are bugged on map change, space-active duty-officers....
    the graphics are messed up on any nVidia/Intel PC I use to play the game.

on ALL settings, to no avail.
    only PC's it looks proper on are AMD/AMD.

something seriously went wrong in the coding for Delta Rising.

all these sales going on for this game and NONE of this is fixed?

Shut the servers down already and get it DONE!
  • Options
    georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hey all,
    I had no problem till Delta came out with builds and loadouts, but lately I keep 'loosing' my active space doffs when I change maps on my main toon (George@georgedp). Only active space doffs nothing else, (rarely a console or a battery may end up in the inventory), and the loadout workaround doesnt work.
    On my KDF toon the problem started AFTER I upgraded my Mogh to T5U and again only space active doffs are getting 'lost' (in this case actually only 4 of 6...) Only different thing on the ship was the upgrade and that I added one more uni console (zero point)
    My 3rd toon that still flies the 'old' tier 5 ship with the 'old' build has no problems...
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014
    Save loadout space traits

Save loadout ground traits

It keeps last save to both under different names all 16 characters I have every map
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    adonas1adonas1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    georgedp wrote: »
    hey all,
    I had no problem till Delta came out with builds and loadouts, but lately I keep 'loosing' my active space doffs when I change maps on my main toon (George@georgedp). Only active space doffs nothing else, (rarely a console or a battery may end up in the inventory), and the loadout workaround doesnt work.
    On my KDF toon the problem started AFTER I upgraded my Mogh to T5U and again only space active doffs are getting 'lost' (in this case actually only 4 of 6...) Only different thing on the ship was the upgrade and that I added one more uni console (zero point)
    My 3rd toon that still flies the 'old' tier 5 ship with the 'old' build has no problems...

Basically, ditto for me. The issue occurs whenever I change an item on my ships, which is somewhat frequently. I got a workaround from the GMs, but that is worthless after changing an item or BOFF ability.

This has gone well past being annoying.
    WTB T6 ship, for $30 of hard-earned money, with the following:
    1. 8 Weapons, Battle Cloak, and 11 consoles (5 Tac/4 Sci)
    2. At least 39,000 Hull at lvl 50 and at least 1.25 Shield mod
    3. Commander Tac/Int BOFF and Uni Lt Comm BOFF stations
    It could have 5 turn rate and look like a box, but I'd buy it ASAP!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I see the devs are busy with their turkey today. Hopefully they come back recharged and ready to fix some bugs, because this wait time is ridiculous.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I decided to try another purge today with my character Temo@ctcc42

1) Removed all equipment from all ships (had to buy a bunch of extra bank slots)
    2) Remove all bridge officers from all stations on all ships including shuttle, and from away team.
    3) Removed all active space duty officers.
    4) Renamed all my ships and all my bridge officers to make them move to different locations in their respective lists.
    5) Used every loadout slot on every ship to save a completely empty loadout.
    6) Recreated all my loadouts.
    7) Tested that each loadout loaded correctly.
    8) Zoned to a different Map
    9) Tested each loadout again, to find them just as broken as they had ever been.

My tray still dose what it likes. My bridge officers still fail to load into their stations, and while doffs do load when a load out is selected they do not change on ship swap. Also I had previously tried dismissing and reacquiring all my boffs and ships on tribble with the same lack of result, so this is entirely tribble transferable.

Also an entirely new issue arose. Some time after doing all this I beamed down to K7 and the game decided to move all the items equipped to my active ship into my characters inventory. That one hasn't happened to me before.

I did notice a few new puzzle peace's as a result of this.

Firstly I have a couple of bridge officers who do not want to occupy the correct positions in the bridge officer list. They refuse to move no matter what they are named, or whether they occupy stations or positions on my away team.

Secondly a bridge officer can be given a first, second, surname and a nickname. If you give them a first name and leave the second and surname boxes empty, save the officer, then return to their rename screen it will have moved their firstname to the surname field.
  • Options
    trjegultrjegul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been avoiding loadouts because of the bugs, but not using them doesn't protect me.

Orella Garat@wimp_lo, Lvl 51, Negh Var, *not* using loadouts, reverts to the same default loadout every time I enter sector space, and it's about half blank.

Bars 3,2,1

3: Blank, blank, weapons capacitor, blank, rotate shield frequency III, blank, Evasive Maneuvers III, EPS power transfer III, blank, blank

2: Blank, Aux Structural Integ. III, blank, Brace for Impact III, distribute shield power, blank, ramming speed III, Command: WSE, Command: SM, Command; SFM

1: Cloak, hazard emitters I, Miracle worker III, Nadion inversion III, Tachyon beam II, Nadion Inversion III (same), Full Impulse, blank, deploy satellite tetryon turret, call trade freighter

This is 100% repeatable but hasn't always been so on this character, I had other characters with the problem that were "resolved" at the time the last fix was announced, but I think some of them are recurring. I play irregularly.

I know you're asking for loadout issues, I'm assuming the default loadout is still a loadout.

If I have time I can come up with other characters and ground as well as space issues.
  • Options
    dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    @dhayesmt406

Update: Before, this issue was just removing special abilities from traits & special consoles & hardware (such as Borg tractor beam, Solanae subspace fold, Odyssey chevron seperation, etc) whenever I would transition between a ground map back to a space map. Needless to say, frustrating when you get dropped into a combat situation. It's never scrambled my loadouts, just removed special abilities. This morning when I logged in to check my character's duty officer & reputation missions, my power tray was completely messed up. Nothing was in the right spot. I reset my powers, resaved my loadouts & beamed down to K7 to assign the duty mission of turning over contraband. Returning to the ship, the tray was completely scrambled again. I've tried many of the suggestions people have had, but nothing seems to be a permanent fix. Don't get me wrong, I still love playing STO, but these loadout issues are getting worse & it seems like the developers are more concerned with fixing a uniform glitch (of which the klingon characters seem to have lost the Khan outfit, but that's another glitch for another time) or hair clipping instead of the issues that make the game frustrating.
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My Active Space DOffs are currently being cleared on every login and map change, no matter how many times I reset them.

I filed a bug report on this a week or two ago as an "intermittent" problem. The frequency was reduced for about a week (and often only affected 2/5 Active Space DOffs), but over the past weekend it's been *constant*. At every single login and after every single map transition (space to space, space to system, system to planet/station, etc.), I have to stop and reset all my Active space DOffs, or suffer a significant reduction in combat ability.

This specifically occurs on my character Hannah Welch@stormwaltz. I have not seen it occur on my alt under the same handle, though he only has 1 Active Space DOff slotted at the moment.

I have never used loadouts, but CrypticFrost's initial post did mention issues with DOffs getting unslotted.
  • Options
    duneytron2000duneytron2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to 100% reproduce this, but it is seriously driving me insane.

The latest instance went like this:
    Normal Behavior
    1. Was piloting the Scryer. Switched to the Breen Chel Grett from the NPC on ESD.
    2. All previous bridge officers were found and assigned.
    3. Trained 2 bridge officers in new skills and assigned them to stations.
    4. Beamed up to Sol System space.
    5. All the skills belonging to the 2 new bridge officers were not in the tray, so I dragged them into the bar from the Available Skills menu. Saved the build.

Skills not staying in tray
    6. Warped to sector space, the skills were no longer on the tray. Entered the Sol System again, skills were not on the tray. Dragged them back into the tray, saved the build again, left the system and the skills stayed.
    7. Assigned active space duty officers. Saved build.

Duty officer assignments not keeping
    8. Switched back to the Scryer, went into a queue. Realized none of my Scryer's previous active space duty officers were assigned. Reassigned them.

Skills not staying in tray
    9. From ESD, switched back to the Breen Chel Grett. Beamed into Sol System space. Those two officers abilities are no longer on the tray again (but duty officers are).
    10. Select my loadout from the Loadouts tab, abilities get assigned. Duty officers still assigned.

Equipment not equipped and duty officers not switching
    11. Switched to the Pathfinder. It has literally 0 equipment equipped now, except the secondary deflector. I have no idea how this happened. Space duty officers are still equipped, but they're the wrong set of duty officers (the Chel Grett set).

Expected Behavior
    12. Picked a loadout on the Pathfinder and it reequipped everything it could find and switched my duty officers correctly.
    13. Switched back to the Scryer. All equipment and boff abilities switched correctly. (Same duty officer assignments as Pathfinder.

Duty officers not switching
    14. Switched back to the Chel Grett. Abilities are correctly in the tray now, but my bridge officers didn't swap. Re-selecting my loadout caused my tray to clear and re-populate itself (still correctly) and now my duty officers are correct.

It seems like the main problem is switching ships rather than switching builds. I wish I could come up with a more repeatable set of actions to give, but it's all so frustrating!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hey Frost, any update on this yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hey Frost, it'd be a lot easier to find threads in need of update if you looked on page 2 or 3.
  • Options
    conundrum129conundrum129 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm seeing the action I keep in row 1, slot 7 being removed every time I go to a ground map and back to my ship. I keep the aquarius activation there.
  • Options
    councilspectrecouncilspectre Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am seriously regretting purchasing a lifetime sub and the operations pack, plus the hundreds I've spent on C-Store stuff. This bug has been affecting all of my characters for months now and it's completely ruined my play experience.

I've already added to this forum with more info, so have 50 pages worth of players. Yet...nothing.

Talk about buyer's remorse.
    AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
  • Options
    sevexparsevexpar Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I understand about the buyer's remorse. I was about to do a lifetime sub also, but just before I did the exploration clusters were taken away, then they 'quarantined' tau dewa and when it was back: No dilithium for running the patrol missions. Since then it's been just one disaster after another. My power tray gets fouled up pretty much all the time (I would try and explain the details here, but with 50 pages of people all saying the same thing, they need to just fix it and stop TRIBBLE around). I have decided that STO is now in a race for my money: If they get the trays stabilized and replace the exploration clusters with actual EXPLORATION missions before "No Man's Sky" is released, I'll subscribe and stay here. Otherwise I'm gone.

But seriously, the power trays have been bugged for months. We REALLY need some transparency on what steps they have taken to fix it. Then we'll know if it's a really tough thing to fix or they just don't care.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is defiantly some carry over data that isn't getting properly scrubbed when we save loadouts.

Having previously purged all my loadouts by saving my ships in a completely empty state (boffs, doffs, tray and equipment all removed.)

Now when I beam down to ground maps it occasionally reverts my active ship's loadout to empty (even though the empty loadout was saved over) and dumps all or some of the equipped items into my character inventory.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would a simple solution not be to remove the game's ability to auto-fill the trays? In other words if the player doesn't add the skill, the tray slot is empty. The only time that would be a pain is for the 4 missions that you hop into another ship. And those missions already have garbage power trays anyway.
  • Options
    councilspectrecouncilspectre Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I say disable the loadout system, if that's causing the issue. Which it may not be. I'd rather not have to re-add all of my skills back to the bar after every transition in exchange for no loadout system.

I want a Breen ship. I want to play. Then I remember how annoying it is to play the world's worst mini-game and go back to WoW or DA:I.
    AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
  • Options
    flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    I apologize for the long wait on this, but we think we've finally tracked down this bug and have made a fix for it. Thanks for everyone that gave us information about this bug.

As always though, both the Trays and Loadouts are very complex systems, and so while we may have fixed one bug, there may be others we missed. This time though the cause behind this bug that we found explains the symptoms everyone has been expressing, and in our testing it does fix the bug.

Thank you for your patience. I know you've all been waiting a very long time for this bug to be fixed. Look for the fix in an upcoming release.
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Which loadout bug was fixed? The trays resetting themselves on a map change? Or the loadouts failing to load correctly?
    Or the gear unslotting itself from the ship when you change ships? Or doffs and or boffs unslotting themselves sometimes for no reason on a map change?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Which loadout bug was fixed? The trays resetting themselves on a map change? Or the loadouts failing to load correctly?
    Or the gear unslotting itself from the ship when you change ships? Or doffs and or boffs unslotting themselves sometimes for no reason on a map change?

All the unslotting stuff + the trays unslotting is the same bug.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    All the unslotting stuff + the trays unslotting is the same bug.

Sadly, no. At least three separate bugs can cause the boff and/or doff unslotting. Upgrading a ship to t5u for example can unslot all doffs, bugged boffs that do not load correctly can make loadouts fail if the boffs are in the bugged status when you try to load them (they get unslotted but no replacement is slotted) and so on. There are a LOT of bugs related to this, that is why I am asking which one they think they fixed this time.