Install Arc
Options

Assistance needed to track down loadout issues

Comments

• Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2014
    Not fixed!

What so ever...how often have it been by now they said it would be or getting fixed, and it never really was?

Even more items vanish from HUD and Char than before this patch.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry no, it's not fixed yet.

Time is running out because I will not use the same boffs, same powers, and same ship forever.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'm starting to see this "Rearrange your power bar" as the most irritating 'mini-game' in STO.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rbearcatlightrbearcatlight Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Character: Girault@rbearcatlight

Description: I enter the Sol System with my hotbars loaded as I normally set them (like this: http://i.imgur.com/qf9gnpW.png ). I dock with Earth Spacedock. I queue for Borg Disconnected. When I zone in, my bars now look like this: http://i.imgur.com/R3ghOyS.png

This also happens extremely frequently when simply undocking from ESD.
  • Options
    dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sharn@Dragunfyr

U.S.S. Boise

I lose anything I put on my abilities bar that have been changed/added after DR. Anything that was there before remains unchanged. The bar loses those abilities after I change from ground to space zone.

This happens every single time.
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    POSSIBLE WORKAROUND

after much fiddling i dismissed a boff that i was trying to replace with another.

It appears to be a conflict between boffs old vs new.

Once the game finds the old boff it assigns those but then ends up as blank in the tray once the new ones are tried to be implemented from the new boff.

It seemed to reshuffle my boffs and now everything works properly when switching from ground/space maps.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    POSSIBLE WORKAROUND

after much fiddling i dismissed a boff that i was trying to replace with another.

It appears to be a conflict between boffs old vs new.

Once the game finds the old boff it assigns those but then ends up as blank in the tray once the new ones are tried to be implemented from the new boff.

It seemed to reshuffle my boffs and now everything works properly when switching from ground/space maps.

Sadly, I don't think that's the issue. It may be *one* issue, but not the overall solution. I say that because my newest toon had this issue on his very first ship, and I only had two boffs at the time. They were the only boffs I'd ever had on him and I hadn't changed any of their powers. But then on his next ship (and *touch wood* so far all ships after that) he didn't have any issues.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Put simply, IF your patched game is still resulting in broken loadouts, THEN follow the format for "Tips on Writing Bug Reports" (linked at the top of the screen).

Bottom line: Cryptic (via crypticfrost) reached out to help resolve the issue; let's give relevant data to help them do so.

(I'm VERY tired of this issue myself. Already filed bug reports via Support ticket.)
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is NOT Going to be easy! But since this makes the game Nearly UNPLAYABLE I'll take the time.

Character: Draco@Cannyone
    Today I acquired and setup a new ship - a Tholian Orb Weaver. So I switched from my JHAS at DS9 And set out to the Alpha Trianguli sector to save a new load out. Upon switching back to my JHAS I discovered its Bridge Officers were "loaded" so none of my skills were there. But undeterred I waited and switched back to the Orb Weaver and saved the loadout as "Aegis Orb Weaver".

I then traveled back to the Tau Dewa sector and finished my Sector Patrol there. After which I decided to beam to my bridge to set up some Doff Assignments. But when I left my loadout had become scrambled.

This is how I set up my hotbar:
    Row 1 is for Tac skills and things like full impulse, brace for impact, and evasive maneuvers.
    Row 2 is for Sci skills, Engi skills, and special console / ship skills.
    Row 3 is for Character skills, Reputation skills and Devices.
    But in this case most of row 1 and 2 are empty. Tac skills are scattered across row 2 and a lone Engi skill is on row 1. It makes No Sense.

So I tried again. Set things up as before, warped to Pi Canis sector, switched ships back to the JHAS, and then switched back to the Orb Weaver... Finally I saved the loadout and returned to Tau Dewa where I plotted a course for the Flotilla to sell the junk I picked up in my Patrol.

Now I sold the junk, and visited the bank, and that's all. But when I beam back to my ship its scrambled JUST the Way IT WAS BEFORE!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

There is ONLY One Loadout on this ship. I don't use loadouts to change stuff. Its NEVER Worked! I wasn't even saving Loadouts until this bug forced me to try something so that I could go anywhere without it messing up my hotbar.

My Advice is to just KILL the Whole Loadout function. Make it so I can set up a ship and leave it that way. And when I put a check mark in that box for "Lock Tray" have it do just that... Please!
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Horrible that this isn't fixed
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    bialzybubbialzybub Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's obviously a bunch of you still having issues with loadouts. Powers, Boffs and Doffs get changed or unslotted from the reports I'm seeing. We need your help to track this down.

We need characters that consistently experience this issue. Not "most of the time" or "sometimes", but "all of the time" or as close thereto as possible.

If you have such a character, please provide the character's name@handle, and a clear description of what exactly happens with the character, and under what circumstances this is seen.

For example: Enter the Sol System map, switch to <Ship Name>, set the loadout to <Loadout Name>, note the locations of the following power icons <list powers>, and now <action that causes the bug> and note that the previous power icons are now moved.

So, if you've got a character that consistently experiences these loadout issues, and are willing and able to take the time to provide a clear description of how to reproduce the bug with your character, please reply.

I understand this issue is extremely frustrating, and you may want to vent about it, but I'm asking everyone to please limit replies to this thread to the requested information only.

Thank you.

CrypticFrost

Well lets see.
    Klar@silvermayne can only fly one ship and that ship cannot advance. So I tried t he Risa Corvette, set my weapons and BOs and my tray slots. Left map to do some Doff assignments in the shuttle, returned to tactical view, all of it was gone back to the way I got it out of dry dock. Tried the Dyson ship, same thing. Tried the work around, where you set your trays then save the load out. Change one or two items and save to second load out. It always reverts to what ever it was when I got the thing out of dry dock. It also happens every map change, either to STF or PVE or just to another part of the quadrant.

Damon@silvermyne is stuck in one load out for T5-U Tor'tak. No matter what change I make, wither it is BO, weapons, or any other changes, it ALWAYS reverts back to its unplayable state. See above.

Mr.Scott@silvermayne, see above. Oh and I am still getting the "shader error" when logging in. I see the Cryptic logo, blue screen, Delta Rising, black screen. Then a message that Nvida stopped working but has recovered and then character screen, but no sound what so ever. And before you say "safe" mode or "force verify" done that already. Never had a problem out of my desk top or playing STO until Delta CRASHING, er Rising. Have run every soft ware, and hard ware check and all is in order. I can play Star Wars - The Old Republic with my system right now. I prefer STO, but so sick of the Delta Crashing bugs.:mad:
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited November 2014
    Frost,

I suspect that the loadout bug is tied to the (ancient) bug that pops up when you add or delete a ship from the roster and then the powertray and BOFF assignments get reset for all the other ships in your roster.

I bet that if you track down that bug and fix it, you will fix the loadout bug at the same time.

this guy may be on to something, my sense is that it didn't really start happening for me until I started dismissing ships

EDIT -> and renaming them

as for which ships it happens in? all of them, and it's different for each one. it happens when I leave my ship, go to ground.

I change ship setups all the time, move bridge officers around, nonstop. so, that makes it difficult to provide something specific

my char -> "Gortak"

EDIT: currently I'm in the ... aquatic. when I go to ground and zone back up it resets back to something that's very useable. which is nice. but pretty odd ... the three abilities of my tactical officer are duplicated into ... bar 5 I think. that's about the most tame reset-state I've ever seen, I just drag the abilities off. On other ships it's more extreme. I'll post the specifics later.

EDIT: yeah. the aquatic, 1 tactical officer. the 4 tac officer abilities are duplicated onto bar 4 (not 5), to the spots that correspond to shift-5 through shift-8. That's a new one, I've never seen abilities duplicated on these bars before. I'm lucky, I can just drag off those four icons and I'm good to go, the reset state is useable. I will keep this ship for a little while. not switch ships or change it up. mind you, if I change anything while in space and then go to ground, it still goes back to the "reset state".
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited November 2014
    I really have to ask, why do you persist in talking about loadouts? It happens the same on ships with or without loadouts.
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sweet Jesus, how can this still not be fixed??????? :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Changed zones a couple times after logging in, played a stf everything seemed fine, played another stf only to find all my active doffs had unequipped shortly after starting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Characters:
    Rhiana@captinjacksparow
    Lucas@captinjacksparow

When/where:
    Typically happens during map transitions (most noticeably going into PvEs, but also during regular story missions)

What powers/items:
    Most of the unslotted/misplaced powers are bridge powers, however I've noticed that each time it happens, ALL changes made to my power tray revert to pre-DR setups.

Also, a third character of mine, Jason@captinjacksparow briefly had this problem, but no longer. I unfortunately can't remember how I fixed it for him.
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fix the damn loadout already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    airborne2506airborne2506 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All my issue's are the same for half my characters, the only deference is what powers keep getting dropped. This is only happening on the Personal Tray transferring from one space map to another and all PVE Q's.

Asajj Ventrese@Airborne3502: Rock and Roll

Tavana@Airborne3502: Bio Molecular Shield Generator

Mara Jade Skywalker@Airborne3502: Energy Feedback Conductor

Lelu@Airborne3502: Breen Energy Syphon, Distribute Shield, Plasma Lotus, Reroute Power to Forward Shields, Romulan Battle Cloak, Tachyon Inversion Beams and Tactical Mode
  • Options
    kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Logged in after yesterdays patch - 50% of all toons had reset their loadouts.

Killed this game for me, its just to painful setting everything up to even transition in a mission and everything reset, set everything back up, finish mission, exit - everything resets again.

I seriously would not put this on your CV programmers that you were responsible for this - truly woeful.

Time to go play (and pay) for something else.
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My fleet assault cruiser is fixed but now everything else is bugged
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this guy may be on to something, my sense is that it didn't really start happening for me until I started dismissing ships

EDIT -> and renaming them

I am wondering if there is a Grand Unified Bug....

For instance in the past anytime I had a mission that made you fly another ship, it always messed up all my trays afterward.

Currently, None of my "paint jobs" on my ships save. Done all the "work arounds" and those last 5 minutes. Still just get black paint.

Most all costume slots reset if I go to edit them. Ive just stopped using the tailor since its more or less redoing the entire outfit and sometimes it changes body/face as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'm experiencing it on Twilight Sparkle@Kerrus

I deleted a ship to have room for my current ship, the benthan cruiser.

I had no saved loadouts and it was affecting me. I now have one saved loadout and it's still affecting me.

Here's the interesting bit: You don't need to change maps to trigger the bug, and the bug doesn't trigger on changing maps.

The bug triggers on you changing a piece of gear on your ship. Even if you're on a ground map at the time. The next space map you enter will display the reverted power tray.

I have had it trigger most often when changing batteries, or using the 'equip battery from location' thing to combine stacks of batteries. I've had this happen in Sol System space most commonly without changing the map.

Once it occurs on a map it does not seem to occur again on that map for a period of time (which may last until you next login, map change, whatever, I don't know).

When I last saw it trigger in space without changing the map it did so when I changed the torpedo I had in my rear weapons slot. I clicked the torpedo to equip a different one. Did so. Nothing changed. Then when I clicked to put the original torpedo back in the slot, THEN my tray reverted to the old configuration.

No amount of swapping gear after that has been able to duplicate this so far.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still having issues after yesterday's patch.

Norgh@dragonsbrethren

You should be in a fleet B'rel bird-of-prey retrofit. If there is a full set of powers on the hotbar, go to a ground map, beam up, and they'll come off. If there isn't, set up a custom bar, try to save the loadout, and you'll likely have the same issue after going to ground and beaming back up.

I've worked around this on some characters/ships, but just cannot get this one to save. It's fleet so I can't just discharge it and get a replacement, either.

-edit-

I managed to get this to save finally, so the name@handle is probably useless now.
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Due to this bug I've already started looking into other games. Not gonna spend more than 30 mins in this game until this is fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andym5andym5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi folks.
    I don't post much though I've played a number of years now, but I've had enough of this issue & have found a ship / character combination that I can't realistically play now.

T5-U fleet Defiant - Command tray is 100% broken (character andy@andym5).
    Each time I change maps the entire 10 rows revert to some old layout before the loadouts were released.

I've tried creating a loadout, & everything seems to save except for the command tray, & weirdly whether 2 rear turrets are on auto fire or not.

I also notice if i modify my ship gear, the loadout selection circle is no longer 'checked' meaning the loadout has changed, but if I modify the command tray it is always checked meaning the game isn't seeing my command tray changes as affecting the saved loadout. Seems the loadout system isn't properly checking the command trays for changes.

I also want to highlight that on every ship on every character I play in STO, the most bugged items are weapon batteries. Not only do they randomly get taken off my ship, but they even move about my inventory, going from thier normal place to the next nearest free slot, & naturally get taken off my command tray on about 50% of map changes which loadouts don't seem to affect at all (this happens regardless of if they get physically removed). I also notice when you pick up weapon batteries they don't auto fill your equipped weapon battery slots anymore, they go straight to the inventory. This has been the case for quite some time now but I'd class that as a bug as it was hugely more convenient before when the game would put any new battery pickups straight to the equipped stack if there was room. I don't use other similar consumables as often as these so maybe the same applies to those I'm not sure.

I have the same issue on ground maps with the ground tray but only with gear set bonuses randomly moving about once in a while.

This bug has been in STO in one form or another for YEARS now never being fully fixed. It is essentially a game breaking bug & I find it depressing to say the least that an XP or Dilithium over reward issue warrants emergency maintenenace but this tray issue never sees resolutiion.

For the record, anyone who wonders why the forums get so heated so quickly, this is the perfect example for a good % of it. A long standing game breaking bug the devs have been told about a million times that never gets fixed, & reward bugs or winter event racing bugs get fixed practically overnight.

Crypticfrost I very much appreciate your acknowledgment of the issue & your understanding of the frustration it is causing. Is there any way to bump this issue further up the priority list? I have a total of about 14 characters over 3 accounts & every single one has this issue to varying degrees of severity.
  • Options
    zenjudgementzenjudgement Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know the development team planned to add more mini-games, but please the "Rearrange Your Power Tray" game is not the way to go about it. :)

On a more serious note, this bug is still alive and well for me. I can provide specific examples if required.
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Admittedly, I don't know how game code works, but maybe someone should go back to the initial Delta Rising code and look at it to try to figure this out? This all began with DR.

Additionally, I don't think this is a loadout issue. Why? I didn't have any loadouts, at all, when I got this problem. I've seen others post such as well. This seems to be a user settings issue.
  • Options
    andym5andym5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The issue may have started for some with Delta Rising but it has been present for years. It is unknown what causes it to start triggering for people, but DR is absolutely not the cause of it.

The issue is definately nothing to do with loadouts, but one of the reasons, to my knowledge, loadouts were brought in was to fix this problem. Since the initial issue was never resolved, & since the loadout system is full of bugs as well, we find ourselves in the situation we are in now.
  • Options
    darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok this happened today...how??? Seriously, this is ridiculous, those items aren't even equippable in those slots.

http://i57.tinypic.com/29y1qbr.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since the patch I am now having issues with a Toon that has always been unaffected by this.

Since the patch, items are just unequiping and skills dropping out of the tray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]