test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• backstabakbackstabak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When exactly does event ends on 20th ? I only started today, so I'd like to make sure I'll be able to finish it.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Team work doesn't matter when the mirror ships seem to have FAW on a 5 second cooldown. In my Vesta to close rifts even with someone pulling to other ships I need to use the "Oh Hell!!" bubble and as it is a set ability and no a console ability it is still on a 3 minute cooldown. Even with that bubble I have been interupted by a system off line proc as opposed to damage.

If pulling them worked and they concentrated on the one with the agro I would agree it matters but as it is having someone pull them is pretty ineffective.

Yeah exactly. I get annoyed when I'm in on my science toons and people keep shouting at me for 'engaging the enemy instead of closing the rifts'. The only reason I'm shooting them is because they are using BFAW and I can't actually close the rift because they keep hitting me, so I might as well help kill the enemies quicker.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Team work doesn't matter when the mirror ships seem to have FAW on a 5 second cooldown. In my Vesta to close rifts even with someone pulling to other ships I need to use the "Oh Hell!!" bubble and as it is a set ability and no a console ability it is still on a 3 minute cooldown. Even with that bubble I have been interupted by a system off line proc as opposed to damage.

If pulling them worked and they concentrated on the one with the agro I would agree it matters but as it is having someone pull them is pretty ineffective.

Works really well for me. As long as I'm not in a pug full of rejects, that is. When I'm in a cruiser, I can go in blazing and take agro. Sure, when they FAW they will hit you as well, more often than not another player can sneak in behind me and close rifts, OR I can be the one sneaking in. I closed 7 in a row last night in my Fleet K'Tinga by doing that. Didn't get interrupted once. Sure, it was a rare streak, and I do get interrupted by FAW, but in general it still works. And, when in doubt, 2 players clean up a mob faster than 1 can, and you can close when the enemy are dead.
  • colonl185colonl185 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For Multidimensional Transporter, i have to reward it once per day? i did play 4 times in one day and i only got one for Multidimensional Transporter in one day... so basic to get the reward of Multidimensional Transporter for per day??
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    colonl185 wrote: »
    For Multidimensional Transporter, i have to reward it once per day? i did play 4 times in one day and i only got one for Multidimensional Transporter in one day... so basic to get the reward of Multidimensional Transporter for per day??

That is a daily reward as such you only get it once a day per character that does the mirror event.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just went to d the daily on my character and I was kicked out and now it said Login_2 failed and can't get back in. looks like I will do it in the morning then
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Someone broke it! Who broke it? :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Just went to d the daily on my character and I was kicked out and now it said Login_2 failed and can't get back in. looks like I will do it in the morning then

Now, after all of these disconnects these days, they should exted the event : it's the polite thing to do :cool:
    P58WJe7.jpg

• usasocrangerusasocranger Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have not read through the entire thread, but will the Mirror Invasion STF disappear once the event is over?
  • caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    will there be a few days more, while those frequent disconnencts on Friday and Saterday. Can't play the event losing time for other chars to collect the item everyday.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have not read through the entire thread, but will the Mirror Invasion STF disappear once the event is over?

Probaply yes.
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now, after all of these disconnects these days, they should exted the event : it's the polite thing to do :cool:

Doubt they will but we can hope
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soma90soma90 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These disconnects are annoying I was close to the final boss in the Mirror event when the flaming game disconnected not once but three times in a row.
  • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This mirror event I only have a couple of quarms with it one why try and turn it into some sort of stf when its not and why does the event only reward one multi dimentional transporter per day whats the deal with that?, I mean I know why they are doing it but you get what I mean lot of grinding for a shotgun and a handful of dillithium.

The final thing is why can't we buy the currency for the shotgun in the lobi store like we can with the winter event,summer event etc doesn't really make any sense.

I personally preferred the event in its old state nice and quick :D no long drawn out pointless fighting for a handful of whatever marks and a transporter to me the reward to effort ratio here is way off in my opinion.

At least with the winter event I have the option to cut down a lot of the grind for the free ship via being able to purchase some of it from the lobi store especially since I usually have more lobi than I know what to do with most of the time lol.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Do Klingons give a hoot who zephram cochrane is ?

...suppose the shotgun has unlimited ammo too.

Klingons should get something from the great Kahless. Romulans IDK, not up to date on romulan history.
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Romulans get a [Station Plasma Lance Mk XIV [Voiced] [T-3]] from Obisek.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Klingons should get something from the great Kahless. Romulans IDK, not up to date on romulan history.

Now now, we should appreciate that ancient trinket, after all it came from the crazy old man who saved those worthless pink skins from extinction.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • xerxan420xerxan420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally the only problem I have is with how they implement the events themselves, this one requires 14 days of participation while it is only being held for 20... that makes alot of sense. Sooo... if someone loses power or Internet for a week they might as well throw out the transporters as soon as they get back on because they won't be able to finish the turn in before the event ends. Love your logic Perfect World/Cryptic Studies whoever decided the length of the event. You know if the event would be extended I'm sure you'd have more consistent logins from player...maybe not, since you've been alienating players for some time with your ideas for "improvements and Updates". Well I have to say one thing you are definitely good at advertising...since one good way to advertise is to annoy the person enough so they don't forget you. I suppose this is a good example of why you don't make who is on the development team public knowledge, I'm sure there's a few people who would love to have a long chat with a few of you...lol
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    loukoc wrote: »
    Romulans get a [Station Plasma Lance Mk XIV [Voiced] [T-3]] from Obisek.

dear god noooOOOooooOOOOooooo.....
    It's bad enough having to listen to Obisek in the mission, putting him on my ship would cause me to go insane! i may have to go blow up bajor or something!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,270 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Now now, we should appreciate that ancient trinket, after all it came from the crazy old man who saved those worthless pink skins from extinction.

Sword of the Raptor Star
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    englishnod wrote: »
    dear god noooOOOooooOOOOooooo.....
    It's bad enough having to listen to Obisek in the mission, putting him on my ship would cause me to go insane! i may have to go blow up bajor or something!

Firing station plasma lance in 3… 2… 1…
    P58WJe7.jpg

edited November 2014
    So what's the deal with the shotgun Mk level btw? I finished the event today on five characters and one of them got a Mk XIII, then I opened one on another toon and he only got a Mk XI... Feeling disappointed by that so not going to open any of the others until I know if it's tied to rank or something.

If it is, then that's a bit lame considering I had to do the exact same thing with all of the characters to get the damned thing.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just sit right back
    And you'll hear a tale
    A tale of a fateful patch,
    The Devs promised more improvements but,
    The players didn’t fetch.
    The Patch was a mighty disastrous thing,
    And the downtime way to long,
    Five Devs started praying some Hail Maries,
    But the patch turned everything wrong, everything wrong

The ranting started getting rough,
    The players mood was tossed.
    If not for the courage of the fearless Mods,
    The Forum would be lost.
    The Forum would be lost.

The patch set ground on the game
    On our perfectly build pcs,
    With Talaxians,
    The Cooperation too.
    The Kobali
    And their dead,
    The Ocampa,
    The Malon and Hierarchy,
    Here on STOOOOOOOOO.

So this is the tale of this nightmare patch,
    He ‘ll be here for a long long time.
    We'll have to make the best of things,
    It's an downwhill climb.

The Smirky and his Trendy too
    Will do their very best,
    To make the players comf'terble
    In their Moderator nest.

No XP, no more fun, no free ship,
    Not a single luxury
    Like other chines MMos
    It's primitive as can be.

So join us here each week my friends,
    You’ll forget how to smile,
    among just more grinds
    Here on STO’s file!

:P:D:P
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *claps in applause.*

Not bad. Though I wonder if it's suppose to be "and the downtime way too long" not "to long". Admittedly my grammar is sub-par, as most people now a days but the single o in that to seems off to me.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what's the deal with the shotgun Mk level btw? I finished the event today on five characters and one of them got a Mk XIII, then I opened one on another toon and he only got a Mk XI... Feeling disappointed by that so not going to open any of the others until I know if it's tied to rank or something.

If it is, then that's a bit lame considering I had to do the exact same thing with all of the characters to get the damned thing.

I've only opened it on 2 and got a 13 at level 60 and a 12 at 59. It's pretty cheap to upgrade at least.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *claps in applause.*

Not bad. Though I wonder if it's suppose to be "and the downtime way too long" not "to long". Admittedly my grammar is sub-par, as most people now a days but the single o in that to seems off to me.

me no fluent in french, usually not do this mistake.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014

weapon mks are dependent on your level... level up to 60 and complete then for the mk 13 if you want it at mk 13.

as long as the project is qued... you can complete later. no need to do it asap.
    edited November 2014
    I've only opened it on 2 and got a 13 at level 60 and a 12 at 59. It's pretty cheap to upgrade at least.

Well I'll be saving the rest for level 60 then. Seems bloody stupid though considering they can all make use of Mk XIII items and they all ran the exact same mission for the exact amount of time. Don't think after doing the exact same thing with them all that I should have to spend my precious amounts of dilithium to upgrade it on some characters.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This event makes me laugh some days. I actually got yelled at earlier for closing rifts. LOL!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    This event makes me laugh some days. I actually got yelled at earlier for closing rifts. LOL!

if you get a perfect score... you only need to close a total of 14 rifts before the 2nd part of the event with boss spawns, that will net you the 50 points...

otherwise you will need to close a total of 29 rifts before the boss spawns... that will net you 55 points.

you should leave rifts open so you get more rifts and more ships to kill and farm if your dps is good enough to control the adds. leave like 3 rifts up at all times and farm ships and additional rifts.

most groups i come across with ship high dps gets 50 points or 49 if they let the station go down to 90%. those are the groups that wait for 4 mins doing nothing. maybe 1 in 20 runs do I see a 55 point reward, they end up fighting and closing rifts almost right up to the end.
This discussion has been closed.