What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This event will be level 50-60 with advanced and elite queues.

Right now that is all the info I have.

I guess I will find out with the rest of you tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk

Advanced and Elite queues only? Or will there be a normal too? If there's only advanced and elite then I don't see pugs doing well in this, it was bad enough last year.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Advanced and Elite queues only? Or will there be a normal too? If there's only advanced and elite then I don't see pugs doing well in this, it was bad enough last year.

Pugs? pfff, it's always funny to watch people ragequit...

It's actually can be more entertaining than the forums when Cryptic presses the nerf/gag button...
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will people be called exploiters and be rolled back if they deal more dmg in the same amount of time than the average 4k dps Joe? It would really be good to know such things in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Pugs? pfff, it's always funny to watch people ragequit...

It's actually can be more entertaining than the forums when Cryptic presses the nerf/gag button...

I only have a small fleet, and 14 characters, so I rely on pugs lol.

I'm feeling your rage about the 300 second timer now... I've got five tabs open, each with replies ready to be posted haha.

Grrr, 36 seconds... hurry up! 16... Here we go...
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question regarding the shotgun. With it being, I'm guessing, physical shells being fired, and since the Borg can't seem to adapt to physical impacts, will this weapon be more effective against them?
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    Question regarding the shotgun. With it being, I'm guessing, physical shells being fired, and since the Borg can't seem to adapt to physical impacts, will this weapon be more effective against them?

Up close yes.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Up close yes.

not as effective as this though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiX3gq3RfvQ

I wants!
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2014

When he means Level 50 to 60, he means that there will be queues for all three.

Normal-anyone above level 50 is scaled down to 50.

Advanced-anyone above level 50 is scaled up to level 60.

Elite-only for level 60.

Most people will probably run Normal.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So the only real prize is the shotgun. Boy I wish you would do a video showing off the shotgun on youtube in a bug hunt. There is no need to do a full 2 hrs livestream event. But this shotgun is a pulse weapon so there is a delay in firing the recoil. Or is this a rapid firing shotgun?

Would be nice if we could choose 250 delta marks vs fleet marks. Your only giving us 35 marks for delta rep system. Seems very low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Would be nice if we could choose 250 delta marks vs fleet marks. Your only giving us 35 marks for delta rep system. Seems very low.

The initial project (the one which takes 14 'insert grind item here'), rewards 500 Fleet marks, and 250 marks of your choice. So you can take Delta marks if you want.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What's the point? It is another 14 day grind, just to keep us all logging in. And no doubt it will be the broke version that it was messed up into last time...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    those discounts were specifically for ships, not for dilithium, shotgun and marks.

i hope this mirror event provides a points booster in levelling up.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I'll get rest of the delta marks to my alts and get 50k dil per char. And that means just little over 2 hours of playing time 14 times during the even.
    I can even take a few days off, if it feels boring or I just don't have the time.
    Hooray!
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    metalmopmetalmop Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    really a mirror event after you made my mirror ships into garbage this ships i really wanted to play i normally dont post on fourms but this just kills me, Right after you destroy all the ships i love to play you do this TRIBBLE, cryptic has some major ****ing balls go ahead ban me from the fourms **** you or ban me from the game ****ing jerkoffs
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    What's the point? It is another 14 day grind, just to keep us all logging in.

Yeah ... , it totally does not smell like a last minute artificial attempt to boost player activity , no sir !

... sad thing is ... with that award ... it's likely to work ...
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have last year's Mirror Invasion still queued with 7/14 Multidimensional Transporter's filled.
    Same here. 11/14 on multiple chars (I completely lost interest last time around).

Good to know i only have to do this for three days this time. The Dilithium is just what i need to get an upgrade token for my Fed's Vesta. It's just not fun leveling him in that butt-ugly Dyson Ship.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey Pakled World,

Last time you ran this event Pakled World, in the middle of this damned event I crashed out due to a bug in the game and had to reinstall. Following that reinstall I came across the damned issue of when patching the patcher sticks and won't download the damned patch WHICH WE HAVE BEEN REPORTING TO YOU FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS AND YOU WON'T FIX!!!!!!!!. I posted on the forums for your help and AM STILL WAITING FOR THE DAMNED RESPONSE TO THAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never got to finish that event. So will I get to finish it this time or will you TRIBBLE me over again???? Time you sorted your s...t out because as a long time veteran I'm sick of your bugs and ignoring your long time users....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do those of us that completed it last time round have to do the 14 days again or can we just go straight to the daily thing?

I found it fun first time round but soon changed my mind after a week. I was lucky I only came across one AFKer. If those ofus that have completed can do the alternate rep one instead of havnig to do the 14 day one first then yipee. As it is I can easilly beat the amount of dil reward in the same length of time if I wanted to in less time.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bandolier costume piece for extra shells. :D

That will $5, er I mean 500zen! :eek::D:P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FINALLY!!!!! a positive response. I know for one my fleet will be teaming for this all dang day for the whole event.....50k dilithium on 10 toons=yummy

Replies prior to this one, including my own, were not negative but merely requests for clarification on lack of delta marks and the stats of the shotgun.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ahh the joys of physical damage vs Borg, this shotgun along with my TR116 and a nausi shword mean i need not worry about farming omega marks for any of my characters in the new drag-TRIBBLE grind till your mush, then still fail space stf's.. Yay!!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To quote a classic movie,

Say hello to my boomstick!!!!
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      druhin wrote: »
      Way to deflect the current "rage" of the state of the game: Release something new and shiny for people to be amazed by, hoping they might forget the mistakes already made.

My, how quickly some people forget.

Its so funny reading the replies for this. Hey water under the bridge right. You get a shotgun lol. I have a few in my bank already. Its a Pulsewave weapon for crying out loud.
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      brle1950 wrote: »
      Will people be called exploiters and be rolled back if they deal more dmg in the same amount of time than the average 4k dps Joe? It would really be good to know such things in advance.

Just drop the sniping and attitude already. We've seen enough whining and ******** to believe that the forum is filled with enough spoiled little rich girls to keep a stadium filled with lolicons occupied until the turn of the century.
      qziqza wrote: »
      Ahh the joys of physical damage vs Borg, this shotgun along with my TR116 and a nausi shword mean i need not worry about farming omega marks for any of my characters in the new drag-TRIBBLE grind till your mush, then still fail space stf's.. Yay!!

Perhaps next time we'll get Picard his Tommy-gun.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • Options
      blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      shotgun? cool, will probably be handy in bug hunt, and perhaps work like that the shield pening slug throwing rifle you can craft. sniper and shot bun is the best weapons combo imo, now you can one of each in slug thrower form!

cant pass up all that dil and fleet marks, an extra 250 of my choice for delta rep is exactly what i'll need too.

with XP being so scarce, and with how many npcs this map tends to feature, this will probably be a great place to farm XP from wile it lasts, just like the old days

given all the current circumstances, i must say im looking forward to this

You know what, I used to love this event, kind of glad they brought it back, even if it's for a short time and the rewards look sweet.

Also for people moaning about PUGs, well if you're so great and the people are bad in PUGs. Maybe you guys need to learn to carry more. You know because you're so epic.
    • Options
      kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      half of the players AFK the queue during the mandatory countdown timer until the boss ship appears.

Oh god I almost forgot about the AFK'ers in this event. Guess I will have to do it with fleet or use a Reddit channel
    • Options
      sirsinjinsirsinjin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      blitzsth wrote: »
      You know what, I used to love this event, kind of glad they brought it back, even if it's for a short time and the rewards look sweet.

Also for people moaning about PUGs, well if you're so great and the people are bad in PUGs. Maybe you guys need to learn to carry more. You know because you're so epic.

Me too. I had fun last time and pugged it the whole time without issues. I still have one toon that needs the DOFF from before.

The shotgun looks like some good times.
    • Options
      js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Any update on the lack of XP this will give level 60 players?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Free Tibet!
    This discussion has been closed.