test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this going to be as terrible as it was last time with unstoppable endless hordes of Terran ships that all spam FAW making it impossible to close rifts and then killing the station every single time while half of the players AFK the queue during the mandatory countdown timer until the boss ship appears? And are the enemies going to have retardedly high HP now that the DR "balance" hammer has hit everything? Because I might just become one of those AFK players to avoid the hassle and associated spike in blood pressure.

azrael605: Yes if you still have the Hakeev project slotted you can finish it now.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Do Klingons give a hoot who zephram cochrane is ?

...suppose the shotgun has unlimited ammo too.

There is a shotgun shell replicator built into it....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If there are as many Typhoons as there were in the original, I'm going to use it as an excuse to rant about the Typhoon not being playable! MUAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! :D
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Way to deflect the current "rage" of the state of the game: Release something new and shiny for people to be amazed by, hoping they might forget the mistakes already made.

My, how quickly some people forget.

A Crafting Revamp. That for some tertiary reason included alterations to the Doffing UI. A Doffing UI that took several weeks of adjustment on the live server to come close the functionality the prior version already had. Then they added in "Finishing" delays.

Oh, and Exploration. Gone, along with the associated maps. Which killed a few missing doff assignment chains that, well, sort of needed those maps.

RMD promotion. Changed to single-item unlock during downtime. Without telling Smirk... who said on camera that it was an account unlock. With the change then blamed on the players.

Calling players "exploiters" for using content implemented by the devs. That was mentioned in Tribble feedback... and left as it was despite full knowledge of the potential results. Then rolling back progress of players that didn't even use the "exploit".

That's just a few. No, we don't forget... but sometimes we move on to other subjects. Can't complain about everything, after all. :P

Me, I'm with dontdrunk on this one, it looks like fun. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    I think this will be fun whit the shotgun.

How exactly do you re-modulate a shotgun?
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
    edited October 2014
    unotetsu wrote: »

You beat against a wall and say "YOU STUPID PIECE OF JUNK WHY DON'T YOU WORK".

And that's why I want it! :D

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Pretty much the same as a Bat'leth or Falchion, most likely. Kinetic damage doesn't require remodulation. I can't wait to have one, even if I have to grind another 2 weeks.
    It would be way cool if you could select double-buck shot, flechette, or explosive rounds... :-D
    I remember the last MU Invasion event; dunno if the timing of this one is part of the annual schedule, or a bone to distract the dog pack from menacing the forums... :eek:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If I get this, I will forgo the Prime Directive and this will be my intro for new lifeforms...

http://youtu.be/Hx3Bz6cIPiw?t=23s
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The MU Event last time was a lot of fun. I enjoyed running it with my Fleetmates.

And a shotgun? Me Likey! Gimmeegimmeegimmeegimmee.....

As to people thinking this is more than it is.

The Dev Team is probably not intelligent or dedicated enough to create and sustain ulterior motives, dark cabals, or secret societies intended to ruin life on this planet as we know it. My proof? Look at how long it has taken them to try to find a fix for the tray loadout bug.

Evul geniuses intent on world domination are usually more effective than this are they not? :P
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i have me a new boomstick >:) seriously though i like this and notebly this is the first projectile weapon that is not a TR-116 and first projectile weapon via limited reward
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dammit Cryptic, you have gone too far. I supported you through the Advanced Queue problem and the removal of Specialization points, but this is too much. Giving a decent reward for the Mirror Universe is the final straw. Now I am forced to do this event to get the shotgun unlike the other times when I could just ignore the Mirror Universe Event due to it being just a lousy purple doff. Please change the shotgun to a lousy purple doff. :P
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have some answers for ya!

If you still have last years MU slotted, you can still claim the Mirror Hakeev DOff

The image was missing from the blog with the gun stats, so I am going to go add it now.

~CaptainSmirk
    edited October 2014

If you still have last years MU slotted, you can still claim the Mirror Hakeev DOff

The image was missing from the blog with the gun stats, so I am going to go add it now.

~CaptainSmirk

Thanks Smirk! See you around! :P

• phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I must be the only one without pve queue problems.
    I've pugged BHA and BDA many times, and have never failed. Only missed optionals a few times.

Regarding the shotgun, they only added it after giving it to the Vaadwaur first. ;-)
    It's kinda funny, I was just asking if there were any shotguns in game chat a week ago.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You had me at "Shotgun."
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Smirk...

Is there anyway you can clear some things about the Lvl 50 thing, Will this be Lvl 50 + or lvl 50's only...

I would also like to ask what will happen with XP as this is one thing im worried about regarding members of the team being lvl 50 then others like myself being lvl 60 and ive been told if you team with players below your lvl you dont!? get any XP, Is this truee????

Thank you :-)
    JtaDmwW.png
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The belief: YES! Kinetic Shield-bypassing shotgun! Easymodo-engage!

The reality: YES! Kinetic Shield-bypassing shotgun! HOWEVER, ALL enemies now have Kinetic resistances except Borg! But that's not the end! All ground queues will be updated to prevent steamrolling by 5-person shotgun teams! Enjoy your kinetic shield-bypassing shotgun!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The belief: YES! Kinetic Shield-bypassing shotgun! Easymodo-engage!

The reality: YES! Kinetic Shield-bypassing shotgun! HOWEVER, ALL enemies now have Kinetic resistances except Borg! But that's not the end! All ground queues will be updated to prevent steamrolling by 5-person shotgun teams! Enjoy your kinetic shield-bypassing shotgun!

It's physical, not kinetic.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Omg.. I hope that the shotgun do not ignore shields or is going to be the official dead of the GPVP.

Oh, strap on a set of polyalloy weave armor and cowboy up. If you can survive getting drop-kicked into a mine barrier now you'll have no problem dealing with a phys damage pulsewave.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014

~CaptainSmirk

So, being Physical Damage does it use the typical 80% bypass that swords, etc. have, or is the Shotgun going to be nigh upon useless against shields? Speaking of Shields, this isn't going to get the All Energy reductions from many of the Rep Shields (right?), but will it trigger increasing resistance on Fleet Shields? Also, being Physical Damage... is it boosted Physical Strength, or will Soldier affect it?

Before you ask... yes, I was that kid that loved to ask, "Why?"
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Is the shotgun upgradable? :)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited October 2014
    Is the shotgun upgradable? :)

This wud be sooo NICE! if it was :-)
    JtaDmwW.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Smirk...

Is there anyway you can clear some things about the Lvl 50 thing, Will this be Lvl 50 + or lvl 50's only...

I would also like to ask what will happen with XP as this is one thing im worried about regarding members of the team being lvl 50 then others like myself being lvl 60 and ive been told if you team with players below your lvl you dont!? get any XP, Is this truee????

"The Skill Points and Expertise rewarded for defeating NPCs below the player’s current level have been updated.

They now correctly scale starting at one level below the player.
    Defeating NPCs that are 5 levels below you now properly award far less skill points and expertise to prevent exploitative gameplay." - From 10/23 Patch Notes.

You get Zero xp for killing mobs 5 lvls below your level. Mobs are L50 in this event.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Slugs from a shot gun don't so area of effect damage..... The scatter/bird shot makes sense though. 50% so I'll give you a D- restore my lost spec points and I'll give you a B+.
    Galactic Horde.
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    "The Skill Points and Expertise rewarded for defeating NPCs below the player’s current level have been updated.

They now correctly scale starting at one level below the player.
    Defeating NPCs that are 5 levels below you now properly award far less skill points and expertise to prevent exploitative gameplay." - From 10/23 Patch Notes.

You get Zero xp for killing mobs 5 lvls below your level. Mobs are L50 in this event.

Sooooo This means anyone in a team with anyone who is 5 lvls below you is kinda pointless for XP

(Which is not OMG!! as the end of the 14 days = nice rewards BUT!!! this is kinda unfair to be honest)

Is there anyway please ((and I am not trolling or trying to start the rage as i honestly find all that so embarrassing and immature))

Sooo maybe.. Can We!? get something worked on like auto team with same lvl players..???

so lvl 55 with lvl 55, lvl 60 with lvl 60 etc etc

Yes there are Advanced and Elite Ques BUT! I dont like playing them due to not being that good at higher content AND it would be nice to play without getting rage in chat and it puts me off as we all have to learn how to beat the high content some how...

anyway yer soooo...
    JtaDmwW.png
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hoping that the gun damage does NOT bypass shields.

Who am I fooling? Of course it will bypass shields. Hoping anything like this is to set yourself to disappointment.

The pile of broken TRIBBLE in this game welcomes the new addition with open arms. And no shields. Who needs them anyway.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This Terran artifact will be a nice addition to any hunter's private collection, a must have. one more great Relic brought into the game, ty guys
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Smirk...

This event will be level 50-60 with advanced and elite queues.

Right now that is all the info I have.

I guess I will find out with the rest of you tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This event will be level 50-60 with advanced and elite queues.

Right now that is all the info I have.

I guess I will find out with the rest of you tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk

I know what you could do while you wait to find out with the rest of us...

could you kindly please either fix the forums 300 second error... orrrrrrr explain to us why such a drastic action was taken?

thanks, you're such a dear.

sigh, must wait another 220 seconds before posting this... now 141... 77... 6...4...3...2....1...
This discussion has been closed.