test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    if you get a perfect score... you only need to close a total of 14 rifts before the 2nd part of the event with boss spawns, that will net you the 50 points...

otherwise you will need to close a total of 29 rifts before the boss spawns... that will net you 55 points.

you should leave rifts open so you get more rifts and more ships to kill and farm if your dps is good enough to control the adds. leave like 3 rifts up at all times and farm ships and additional rifts.

most groups i come across with ship high dps gets 50 points or 49 if they let the station go down to 90%. those are the groups that wait for 4 mins doing nothing. maybe 1 in 20 runs do I see a 55 point reward, they end up fighting and closing rifts almost right up to the end.

If you have high DPS group, maybe. I had 1 cloaked AFK leecher and 3 of them just sitting in front of the station while not closing any rifts or powering the station. 2 of them blew up several times. But it was my fault for "not joining in the fight" when I was the only one flying around trying to close the rifts.

Also, the devs intended you to close the rifts on this map. That's what I'm going to do. If you want to farm ships then make a private group and do that. I'll never stop closing rifts!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • xanth642xanth642 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly I just noticed this event so there is no way for me to complete it. I guess I just wait for next time they run an event.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice. The 'prize' from this grind is one of the most OP weapons in the game. Now I have an 'I win' button for Defera ground to get my fractal remodulator.

GG
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It tends to run at least annually - no harm in starting it now, at the very least it'll give you a head-start when the event re-runs :)

^-This.

I'm sitting on 400 photos of Q waiting for the next Winter Event and a bunch of crystal shards waiting for the next Crystal event. Start running the Mirror now and save the transporter things for the next Mirror. Plus the Mirror event, while repetitive, is one of the easier ways to collect Delta marks at the moment.
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Also, the devs intended you to close the rifts on this map. That's what I'm going to do. If you want to farm ships then make a private group and do that. I'll never stop closing rifts!

Well I won't yell at you , but the primary intention is to activate the 4 corners as fast as possible while closing rifts in between the cycles .

In most pugs I'm grateful if someone else at least helps with that , so I don't have to do it all the time .
    Plus the pugs where you were overwhelmed by spawns -- those were the ones where no one activated the corners and everyone thought that "someone else" will do that -- if they even knew that that was a requirement ... . :)

... and I too would like a few days added to this event as the downtimes have messed up my schedule too ...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Well I won't yell at you , but the primary intention is to activate the 4 corners as fast as possible while closing rifts in between the cycles .

In most pugs I'm grateful if someone else at least helps with that , so I don't have to do it all the time .
    Plus the pugs where you were overwhelmed by spawns -- those were the ones where no one activated the corners and everyone thought that "someone else" will do that -- if they even knew that that was a requirement ... . :)

... and I too would like a few days added to this event as the downtimes have messed up my schedule too ...

I've found that if you activate the corners too fast without closing any rifts first, you make things harder for the person/people closing rifts. With every higher tier, harder enemies spawn. If you get pinned between five or more rifts and everybody else is doing the corners then you very fast get overpowered by five or more typhoon battleships. Which you can't really do much about on your own because as you take out one of the five, another one spawns. Really, you're supposed to do it all together as a team.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

And that is exactly what I do. ;)

I usually go to the left as soon as the timer ends and turn on the power transfer right behind the starting point. I then make my way around the map closing rifts on the way to power up the station. When all the stations are powered up, I focus on the rifts. When the next power cycle comes up, I go around the map again powering up the stations while closing rifts. I usually have the station at level 5 with around 5-7 minues left on the clock. Then I go for the rifts.

That's what they got mad at me for doing lol.

Edit: I should also add that I kill whatever ships come out of a rift before I close it. Usually takes me no more than a few seconds to clean them up before closing it.
    Really, you're supposed to do it all together as a team.

This too. Splitting duties works very well. Having some power up the stations while others close rifts, it goes quick and easy.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xD I love how the shell pops out when you reload
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    If you have high DPS group, maybe. I had 1 cloaked AFK leecher and 3 of them just sitting in front of the station while not closing any rifts or powering the station. 2 of them blew up several times. But it was my fault for "not joining in the fight" when I was the only one flying around trying to close the rifts.

This is also me I will close rifts power the station when I have the chance take on ships but that is only a priority when I'm not a sci ship if you don't close the rifts you end up overrun with ships and 9 times out of 10 don't get the bonus marks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Now I have an 'I win' button for Defera ground to get my fractal remodulator.

Do not get me wrong, but why do you want the Fractal Remodulator?
    I read its description on STO Wiki and it needs 3 sec for remodulation

While in notes they state:

"Though the second that is saved by using this over the [Frequency Remodulator] (my note: this one is free on replicator) its probably not worth specifically farming the materials for it, those materials do accumulate as a side effect of running missions in the Defera Invasion Zone. "
    edited November 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Do not get me wrong, but why do you want the Fractal Remodulator?
    I read its description on STO Wiki and it needs 3 sec for remodulation

While in notes they state:

"Though the second that is saved by using this over the [Frequency Remodulator] (my note: this one is free on replicator) its probably not worth specifically farming the materials for it, those materials do accumulate as a side effect of running missions in the Defera Invasion Zone. "

Some people get them (I know I have on a few toons) because some of the Fleet Shields and Armour are better than the Omega or MACO gear. So that extra second is handy if you don't want to have to use the Rep gear to get the integral. I've never farmed the items for it, but I do have several stacks of them on all of my toons just from running the dailies on Defera and there's nothing else to use them for really.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    me and most people on my friends list and fleet didn't bother with this mirror event, its too long and no way we could put up with doing it 14 times. I would do the old mirror event 14 times, or maybe a different version of the event, but not this mirror event as it is now. 4 years into the game you will have lots of players with so much resources that 50k dil is no incentive to put up with something boring, i can easily refine more then that every day if I want.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Has there been any word about whether or not they will be extending the mirror event to make up for all the down time they had? If not, I might not make it with some of my characters because of the down time. I will need about two more days.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
    edited November 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Has there been any word about whether or not they will be extending the mirror event to make up for all the down time they had? If not, I might not make it with some of my characters because of the down time. I will need about two more days.

Not as far as I'm aware and if it goes to Cryptics form they won't either
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peekopandropovpeekopandropov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone know what time the event will end on the 20th? It seems that the clock for the Multi-dimensional transporter is not resetting until about 7:00 PM Eastern Time for me. I'm on par to get the reward for this, but I will require the multi-dimensional transporter on the 20th. :-/
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone know what time the event will end on the 20th? It seems that the clock for the Multi-dimensional transporter is not resetting until about 7:00 PM Eastern Time for me. I'm on par to get the reward for this, but I will require the multi-dimensional transporter on the 20th. :-/

If you open your mission journal (J), and then click on the Mirror Invasion image on the left it will tell you what time the event ends in your local time. For me (GMT) it's 6PM.
    edited November 2014
    I'm jus glad I managed to do it for the bonus marks one last time but not impressed that the shot gun was not mk xIII straight away I should have to wait till I'm lvl 60 to claim a special weapon. This weapon is just going to sit in my bank and rust there as I can see no reail use for a shotgun that it Mk XI unless I reclaim it from the dil store when I;m lvl 60. If it was a tommy gun though would be a different story.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    D'oh... Just accidentally opened shotgun box, got MK XII blue. Should have banked it, I'll be more careful with my alts.
    robeasom wrote: »
    unless I reclaim it from the dil store when I;m lvl 60. If it was a tommy gun though would be a different story.

Is this possible, or would reclaiming just give the MK/rarity that is deleted?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • joe1306joe1306 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I definitely hope they extend the event for a few days, this is the first time I decided to do the event with more than one character and I won't get it done with a few of them if they don't extend it. :(
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seriously, take away the event rewards after the event and replace them with something like dilithium or something. It's nice to have Mirror runs KDF side because they add a Starbase 24 type run to the list of STF missions that's lacking KDF side.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    joe1306 wrote: »
    I definitely hope they extend the event for a few days, this is the first time I decided to do the event with more than one character and I won't get it done with a few of them if they don't extend it. :(

Keep the mission slotted and you can complete it with the items during the next event if you're wanting the shotgun.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
    edited November 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    D'oh... Just accidentally opened shotgun box, got MK XII blue. Should have banked it, I'll be more careful with my alts.

Is this possible, or would reclaiming just give the MK/rarity that is deleted?

I can confirm that it does increase the level to MK XII for 55 and MK XIII for 60 if you reclaim. I did the same as you and opened it on a lower grade toon when I got it and was pissed that it was only Mk XI. Now that she's hit level 60 I discarded it and reclaimed it and she got the MK XIII version.
  • rdl55rdl55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please extend this event, connecting was horrible yesterday!!!
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can confirm that it does increase the level to MK XII for 55 and MK XIII for 60 if you reclaim. I did the same as you and opened it on a lower grade toon when I got it and was pissed that it was only Mk XI. Now that she's hit level 60 I discarded it and reclaimed it and she got the MK XIII version.

Best news I've had on these forums for a while, thanks for the info.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Best news I've had on these forums for a while, thanks for the info.

You're welcome. It makes a nice change when things work out. :)
  • duke204#4943 duke204 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I need one more and I played at 11 am today east coast when do I need to play again to get my final for the shotgun.
    edited November 2014
    yordemize wrote: »
    I need one more and I played at 11 am today east coast when do I need to play again to get my final for the shotgun.

Well it's a 20 hour cooldown, so any time after 7AM should be fine.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Prepare for the Mirror Universe event and face the dreaded Terran Empire! Using your wits, you can overcome the hordes of Mirror Universe invaders earning rewards galore including the new Zefram Cochrane Shotgun!

Check out the event here: www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9002213

~CaptainSmirk

I work 12 hour days and have a family to take care of, so playing time for these events gets pretty tight. I can't count how many events have ended incomplete because I needed just a single run for a final token. The arbitrary 20 hours event cooldown timer is the main problem for this player with a life outside of Trek. If the timer were 16 hours it would increase the opportunity for myself and other casual, or time constricted players to complete the events before the final completion date. Speaking of that final completion date, why even list it as the 20th (or whatever respective event completion date) when the door slams shut at about 7am pacific coast time (concurrent with weekly maintenance)? That isn't a 'day' for most players in the Western Hemisphere, but, rather, a few early morning hours, at best, during a normal work and school day. Please consider both lowering Event cooldowns to 16 hours and listing the completion date as the last full date, so the casual player doesn't get the impression they have a full day on the last day to get their tokens. In any case, thanks for these events, they add a refreshing twist to the daily grind...:)
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for making hte shotgun mods CrtD CrtH as of this patch across the board. :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • linksdxlinksdx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the maintenance made sure i lost all chance of getting the shotgun this time XD i shouldnt of put in my transporters int he event and saved them up before i did XD
This discussion has been closed.