Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    I just did a regular one in a mirror Ha'feh warbird and I know I blew up at least twice when I got mobbed and I couldn't close the darn rifts because I'm getting shot at.
    There's a button on your Ha'feh that says "Quantum Absorption". It is on that little singularity sidebar. Pretty easy to close rifts with that running. Pretty easy only because about one shot in 30 or 40 will actually do a point of damage, which is slightly irritating. :cool:
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    stommy1stommy1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nimbull wrote: »
    They didn't make the dilithium/mark rewards for the event project account based. :D
    I guess someone could do this event with 27 alts and 27 chars. i think the afk timer should be disabled for this event too, so all you have to do is join the event and camp at the start point and after 3-5 minutes collect the reward and switch your chars and alts. you could even perfect it and save some time if you multibox with your chars. 10 chars at once shouldnt be a problem if you own a top highend gaming rig and lower the graphic settings on the other game clients. hehehe lol
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's a button on your Ha'feh that says "Quantum Absorption". It is on that little singularity sidebar. Pretty easy to close rifts with that running. Pretty easy only because about one shot in 30 or 40 will actually do a point of damage, which is slightly irritating. :cool:

I've had poor luck with it this go around, with the close failing, even with me having almost full bonus health (and QA activated with a full charge, too).
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    One of the things that bothered me the most are the ships that start shooting you from outside of 10KM. While trying to close rifts, I had multiple occasion where a ship outside of 10Km started shooting me. Some were even at 14Km out.

This either needs to be fixed, or they should let us start shooting from that same distance. But letting us close rifts while being shot would make a huge improvement.

Yeah I've noticed that too. The number of times I get hit by torps from ships that are 15Km or more away from me whilst I'm closing rifts is ridiculous.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Even the "Oh Hell!!" bubble of the Vesta 3 piece doesn't stop me getting interupted. When I am interupted I see that a phaser has proc'd no damage just a asystem taken down.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stommy1 wrote: »
    I guess someone could do this event with 27 alts and 27 chars. i think the afk timer should be disabled for this event too, so all you have to do is join the event and camp at the start point and after 3-5 minutes collect the reward and switch your chars and alts. you could even perfect it and save some time if you multibox with your chars. 10 chars at once shouldnt be a problem if you own a top highend gaming rig and lower the graphic settings on the other game clients. hehehe lol

I'm grudgingly going to start doing it with 6. I find that having many alts is a nice thing in some ways but in others it's a real pain in the backside especially with leveling things as they are after Delta Rising. This should provide a decent XP boost for the toons I have that aren't far from 50. I figure by the time I get my second toon to 60 I'll have the other four leveled to 55 on duty officer assignments alone.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Even the "Oh Hell!!" bubble of the Vesta 3 piece doesn't stop me getting interupted. When I am interupted I see that a phaser has proc'd no damage just a asystem taken down.
    Well, I did say "pretty easy". I find that when I use QA to close a rift under fire, I usually close it without interruption about 40% of the time, and I only rarely get interrupted twice or more. Strange that the Vesta bubble lets the phaser proc interrupt you - with QA it isn't the proc, but occasionally I'll take a hit for 1 measly point of damage, which is enough to interrupt.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WTF Cryptic no marks and no reward for doing the daily grind I was well within the time and got the marks coming up but no reward are you f****** kidding me. No wonder this game is getting played less and less by me. If you can't do it right sell the game to someone who can.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 155 seconds. Great even forum posts have a timegate now
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The interrupt-on-damage feature makes this event incredibly irritating. When running Quantum Abosrbtion, 1 point of damage sometimes slips through and interrupts. I don't mind the rest of the event, but closing rifts is the most annoying part.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yahtzeeman wrote: »
    The interrupt-on-damage feature makes this event incredibly irritating. When running Quantum Abosrbtion, 1 point of damage sometimes slips through and interrupts. I don't mind the rest of the event, but closing rifts is the most annoying part.
    This! This x 10!

If we can interrupt and close rifts while being fired upon in Disconnected, should we not be able to do the same in MI?

This is my biggest gripe of all. Aside from, more often than not, I think most people go in simply to get their daily trinket and don't even try to close them, therefore they lose the station bonus when the map is flooded with MU ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The point is you're SUPPOSED to be interrupted. It's about teamwork. One person fights, one person sneaks (closes rifts).

If everybody could close rifts while in combat, it would be over before you can blink and you'd have nothing to do for 7 minutes. On good teams that happens ALREADY. I had to wait 6:45 once and longer another time. If only the mission did a logic check and cut the timer SHORT once all tiers of starbase defense were active, and once all rifts stopped spawning. It should just jump to the flagship encounter once that happens.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't bother to close them, just protect the station from enemy ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The point is you're SUPPOSED to be interrupted. It's about teamwork. One person fights, one person sneaks (closes rifts).

If everybody could close rifts while in combat, it would be over before you can blink and you'd have nothing to do for 7 minutes. On good teams that happens ALREADY. I had to wait 6:45 once and longer another time. If only the mission did a logic check and cut the timer SHORT once all tiers of starbase defense were active, and once all rifts stopped spawning. It should just jump to the flagship encounter once that happens.
    Except that there has been very little teamwork lately. That's the problem.

Yes, I've been in queues where the teamwork was exemplary, but more often than not, there was no teamwork worth speaking about. People have even been boasting about going in and sitting at the edges doing nothing until the dreadnought spawns.

On an unrelated note, I would like to know what that 300 second timer is on forum posts, this is the first forum I've ever posted on that has a timer on posts.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    /snip

On an unrelated note, I would like to know what that 300 second timer is on forum posts, this is the first forum I've ever posted on that has a timer on posts.

Really? Every forum I've ever posted on has had one. 300 seconds is harsh though.

Anyway, I believe it's an attempt to control spam, particularly from gold-seller accounts.

It doesn't appear to be working amazingly well, tbh........
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Delta Marks can now be earned when completing the “Mirror Invasion” queue.

Bout damn time!
  • Options
    philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    here we go again. so many people complaining. why play the game if you dont like what the guys that make it and plan it ,on the hole do a good job. its getting bigger and i think better. so. stop complaining and play it if not go away small minded people. go play cod 9000 or what ever the new one is. coss you cant even get on line with that HA HA HA

Lord monty
    peace maker.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Really? Every forum I've ever posted on has had one. 300 seconds is harsh though.

Anyway, I believe it's an attempt to control spam, particularly from gold-seller accounts.

It doesn't appear to be working amazingly well, tbh........
    No, this is the first forum I've seen that has a timer. Of course I don't post on very many and they're generally smaller, with just a close group of friends who regularly post, so it's not really needed.

Anyway, I don't even post here very often (as evidenced by my post count), so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    shelkartshelkart Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So I just got the email about the event that ends in 16 days and needs 14 days of participation to get the highlight item... and I'll be lucky if I can play it 8 times in the remainder.
    Kind of cruel to just let me know what I'm missing out on, guys.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mirror Event is currently not available, allegedly due to it awarding wrong (ten times) amount of dil on Advanced.

I hope they extend the event to compensate for this
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Mirror Event is currently not available, allegedly due to it awarding wrong (ten times) amount of dil on Advanced.

dam it why is it i always miss these dilithium bugs :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dam it why is it i always miss these dilithium bugs :mad:

be glad you didn't get more dil than they wanted you to. they consider it stealing from them

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only advanced gives extra dil, you'd think they'd have the basic competence to take down only the effected mission and leave normal alone.
  • Options
    admiraldcadmiraldc Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014

They've extended events for reasons related to technical difficulties before, so it wouldn't be a surprise.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Also, while it does now reward Delta marks if you complete it, it does not reward delta marks when you fail on advanced.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Only advanced gives extra dil, you'd think they'd have the basic competence to take down only the effected mission and leave normal alone.

THIS.
    sander233 wrote: »
    Also, while it does now reward Delta marks if you complete it, it does not reward delta marks when you fail on advanced.

Also this too.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sander233 wrote: »

confirmed. More evidence that cryptic cant manage their own game. forgive them they dont know how to run an MMO so embrace the stupid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maybe this helps

http://youtu.be/uqG3CPOPKvg
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    admiraldc wrote: »
    They've extended events for reasons related to technical difficulties before, so it wouldn't be a surprise.

I hope so. I am away for a few days, and was due to complete it within 2 hours of needing to leave for my flight. However, thanks to the server downtime earlier, and now this, I will not be able to complete the event.

I sincerely hope Cryptic will extend the event by at least a day.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    gunnyhwygunnyhwy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ANy idea when it will be back up
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/530517574513987584

Yet another instance of announcing things on social media while ignoring there own forums.
This discussion has been closed.