test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trouble obtaining first new ship.

sindjin7sindjin7 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Greetings and Salutations,

Recently, I achieved level 10 and was awarded my first new ship.
So I went to see Admiral Quinn, received the credit, went to the shipyard and used that credit on the Cruiser.

However, when I went to select the ship... The only ship in my roster is my current, beginner ship.
I've done everything I could think of aside from starting over with a new character which I'd rather not do.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I also created a ticket on this.
Thank you.

Cordially,

Lieutenant Commander
StarFellow Hawke
Post edited by sindjin7 on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did you actually go to the ship selector? If you just went to the menu that shows you, your current ship, and your BOffs, then that would explain your confusion. I hope this helps.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • sindjin7sindjin7 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I went over to the other NPC to select a ship after my purchase.
    Was that the correct way to do it? Still learning.

Thank you for the reply.
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if it matters, but I am now up to level 11 and my purchased ship cannot be found.
    Sadly I am finding out that there are many bugs in this game.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sindjin7 wrote: »

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, you buy the ship from the NPC on the left with the gray icon above their head, and then switch to it from the NPC on the right with the yellow icon above their head by selecting it and pressing the Ready Starship button. I'm not sure what would cause it to not show up in the list. If you go back to the requisitions officer on the left and click on the cruiser again does it say that it costs dilithium, or does it say that the ship costs 1 requisition token thingy?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited October 2014
    Dilithium.
    I guess I'm sol unless they actually answer my ticket and correct it.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Depending when you raised your ticket you need to give them at least a day or so to get back to you - especially if you raised it over the weekend.

As for your problem, my first question would be did you actually purchase the ship, i.e did you have enough dilithium? When you buy a ship a Commissioning window pops up allowing you to rename/renumber the ship. Did you see this window?

Also when you get a promotion from the Admiral you get a "New Ship Token" for an appropriate rank of ship - these ships are distinct from EC, Dilithium and Zen ships. Go back to the vendor and see if you can get your free ship and if then appears for you to select.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is the second or third thread on here I've seen about missing ship tokens on promotion. Hopefully it's something they're looking in to. I can't get the search function to work at the moment so I can't post links. Sorry!
  • sarradiasarradia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ships can end up in your overflow bag if your inventory is full.

Know its probably not the case here but is worth checking for others here with similar problems reading this thread.
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies!

I did actually have the token from Quinn and purchased the Cruiser.
    Now I have no token left an no ship.

I did not have a full inventory and have gone back to acquisition to see if my token would reappear.

I'll keep this thread updated if/when I get a response to my ticket and/ or if the problem gets fixed and how.

Thanks again for any input!
    edited October 2014
    UPDATE:

I heard back from customer support already. I commend them on the quick reply considering I just submitted over the weekend.

However, the advice I received was to double check my mission logs to make sure I've turned in my promotion mission and Episode missions as well.

Not sure what to think considering I already received the promotion to Lieutenant Commander and the token prior to going to purchase the ship.

I will check this anyway when I log on.

The other bit of advice was to fill out an official bug report.

Doesn't sound too promising. I guess I'll have to start a new character.
  • joeraikagejoeraikage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same thing happened to me as well, I have just make a new KDF character, and when I hit lvl 10, I didn't get the promotion mission or the free ship token...

should I make a new character, or submit this bug to the support?

thanks
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sindjin7 wrote: »

Thank you for the reply.

Are you completyls ure you claimed/buyed that ship and not only looked at it ? knowing taht you actuly have ship unpacked and ready to use is when new screen pop up with random name and picture of that ship (and option to rename it).
    if that screen dont pop up, you didnt claimed/unpacked that ship.