Options

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Greetings Captain,
    terloki wrote: »
    I've been interested in this for a while, though I'm not certain if any of my actual in-game ships would meet the criteria. That being said, I did come up with an idea for a Galaxy build based on the Enterprise-D. Thought you guys might find it interesting.

Thank you for your interest in STB!

It's always nice seeing another Galaxy Captain ;)

Your build looks pretty good for STB. I personally go 1 array 3 torps fore and aft which to me lessens the beam spam which looks better but that's just thoughts.

If your still interested in joining STB just leave your @handle and myself or one of the admins will throw you an invite.

Hope to see you in game Captain 07
  • Options
    mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need a facebook group!
  • Options
    caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That does look like a good Galaxy build. If you put it together, I'd recommend moving your second arrays to the rightmost slot, since the beams will be spaced farther apart when they fire (can't thank Alyia enough for teaching me this), and it looks better that way. How big of a difference it will make really depends on the ship -- some have really good hardpoints and some have lousy ones that practically overlap the beams anyway.

:3

Tell me about it, the Galaxy line gets the best of both worlds, with the fore beam array hardpoints being placed amazingly, and the aft ones are practically sitting atop one another.

(Hint, place aft beam arrays in the second and fourth slots, they'll fire from both hardpoints on the pylons when the target is below your ship, instead of from just that single wimpy one near the back.)
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sense we are sharing ships this os the ship in my sig. the subspace jumper in the build is really the picard console

USS Victoria-A

i use the repulsers with the mirror hakeev doff that makes the pull instead. so yes i use the uni ensign for a sci instead of tac
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    gantrigantri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfXdAbeEws
    This shows you how to do an Infected Ground Elite mission. It is a bit dated so just bear that in mind as you watch it. The strategies are still the same but the equipment has changed.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need a facebook group!

I havn't noticed it until now, so I'll respond a week late.
    We really don't need a facebook page. THis is sufficient enough, in my eyes.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691eqGh5fg0 (shows a strategy for/explains final room of infected)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0940DCqgRw (music is a bit annoying, but clearly labels trigger lines)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Check this out!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1226101

Bi Shonen's Away Team Challenge!

The rules are simple!
    Your away team officers may only have 1
    officer ability, and they may only use a
    single pistol weapon of faction appropriate
    energy type (no duel pistols). They may
    not use set items. They may use Tribbles.
    You must have all 3 classes active!
    Science, Engineer, and Tactical!
    Your captain may use anything.
  • Options
    senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hohoho...ill join @senseiark

flying a narcine with bio beams and a photon
  • Options
    edited September 2014

To me that just sounds dull, and restrictive.

• Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's the guide to lirpa combos:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lirpa#Combos

senselark, I'll send you an invite when I get on in a few minutes if no one else has yet.
  • Options
    cmdrparthoscmdrparthos Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hallo!

I'd like to join up as well :)
    @Cmdr_Parthos

Currently have one of my Eng toons running a T4 Galaxy class kitted out for the OP restrictions :)
    The Parthos And Bunny Show
    Imperial House Of Pancakes
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here's the guide to lirpa combos:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lirpa#Combos

senselark, I'll send you an invite when I get on in a few minutes if no one else has yet.

Or you could just do what I do. Repeatedly hit 1&2/left&right click.

• Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi, I'd like to roll in sometimes with my Janeway human sci char.
    About the build I am planning to use ...
    Borg console + kinetic cutting beam because , if I remember well, they come from Seven of Nine's reverse engineering.
    2pc borg deflector and engine ... same reason.
    Solanae resilient shield, given by Tuvok in "Step between stars"
    The transphasic torpedo given by Tuvok in "Fluid dynamics".
    A good old photon torpedo or the gravimetric dyson torpedo, since it's Dyson technology, therefore related to the Voth or the borg torpedo.
    As for the rest, of course phaser beam arrays mk XI blue with tac consoles mk XI blue.
    As for the other consoles ... the Intrepid armor console, grav gen, particle gen, blue neutronium and right now I've got the isometric charge and the subspace integration circuitry, but I think that the last 2 don't make much sense in terms of roleplaying ( well the iso for sure should have no place I guess ).
    Tac team, torp spread 2, 2 x sci team, 2 x hazard emitters, 1 tractor beam repulsors, 2x photonic shockwaves, grav well 3, epte1 and epts2.
    Once I've been parsed ( without the 2pc assimilated set which is a work in progress) and I scored 4k ( but don't tell the 10k guys :D LOL ) ... seriously, I don't think I'd break the 7k barrier with the 2pc assimilated set but you know better than me.
    Thinking of replacing torp spread with high yield, in case I want to use the full omega set.
    Your thoughts?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Greetings Captain
    Hi, I'd like to roll in sometimes with my Janeway human sci char.
    About the build I am planning to use ...
    Borg console + kinetic cutting beam because , if I remember well, they come from Seven of Nine's reverse engineering.
    2pc borg deflector and engine ... same reason.
    Solanae resilient shield, given by Tuvok in "Step between stars"
    The transphasic torpedo given by Tuvok in "Fluid dynamics".
    A good old photon torpedo or the gravimetric dyson torpedo, since it's Dyson technology, therefore related to the Voth or the borg torpedo.
    As for the rest, of course phaser beam arrays mk XI blue with tac consoles mk XI blue.
    As for the other consoles ... the Intrepid armor console, grav gen, particle gen, blue neutronium and right now I've got the isometric charge and the subspace integration circuitry, but I think that the last 2 don't make much sense in terms of roleplaying ( well the iso for sure should have no place I guess ).
    Tac team, torp spread 2, 2 x sci team, 2 x hazard emitters, 1 tractor beam repulsors, 2x photonic shockwaves, grav well 3, epte1 and epts2.
    Once I've been parsed ( without the 2pc assimilated set which is a work in progress) and I scored 4k ( but don't tell the 10k guys :D LOL ) ... seriously, I don't think I'd break the 7k barrier with the 2pc assimilated set but you know better than me.
    Thinking of replacing torp spread with high yield, in case I want to use the full omega set.
    Your thoughts?

Thank you for your interest in STB.

I see no prob with your build. Please leave your @handle and either myself or an admin will send an invite.

Look forward to seeing you in game
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @spaceeagle20 is my handle.
    Arthas is my name :cool:
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    sirsinjinsirsinjin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can count me in for this. I have a fleet Nebula that would work.

I usually run it with two advanced fleet phasers and a advanced fleet photon on either end.

@sirsinjin

Thanks!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    ksobananaksobanana Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Send invite to @ksobanana, since I pretty much meet all the requirements since Season 5 and have kept with them up until now. I don't see a reason to change anyway. It would be probably best to pm me first though and see if I'm online atm... I don't know if I get notified in case I'm invited into it while being offline. ;p

Anyway, this is really refreshing. It bugs the hell out of me seeing small ships, intended to attack in groups, solo'ing Tactical Cubes... or seeing those same ships aggro the entire Borg presence in Ker'rat and simply not blowing up the small ship in less than a second, as supposed to be and intended to be...
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Greetings, Mott@defcon1776 - Veranus kitted out for vPvP :eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a quick thing, who else thinks that STO's space combat should feel more like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgDdSWDg0g

Warning: It's a long one and you don't get to see the starfleet ships join the fray until around the ten minute mark.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    revelator6674revelator6674 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a quick thing, who else thinks that STO's space combat should feel more like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgDdSWDg0g

Warning: It's a long one and you don't get to see the starfleet ships join the fray until around the ten minute mark.

I'd seen this video before, such a neat mash up. Creator clearly put a lot of work into it. And yes, I'd love STO battles to look like that :).
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wanted to login to tell you all to disable "on-demand-patching" in the launcher options.
    But it seems I got caught myself. 3GB currently downloading.
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's cause you're downloading the rest of the game instead of having to download map after map when you play.

Believe it or not, it does make map transition faster, and less likely to crash due to map server not responding.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd seen this video before, such a neat mash up. Creator clearly put a lot of work into it. And yes, I'd love STO battles to look like that :).

lol, granted it's a crushing victory for starfleet, as generally would be expected given that Cylons in old BSG didn't even have shielding or anything beyond laser weaponry and nukes in terms of armament I think. What I mean specifically is less that it should all be curbstomp wins for players like it is now anyways, and more the weapons firing animations and having to actually MANEUVER like that.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can i join?
    James@enterprise07
  • Options
    eternalwhitesongeternalwhitesong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can I join in with the shenanigans?
    Handle: @eternalwhitesong
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Captains 07
    can i join?
    James@enterprise07

It was a pleasure meeting you and it was great to chit chat a little bit before you logged off. I look forward to some pew pewn with you in the near future.
    Can I join in with the shenanigans?
    Handle: @eternalwhitesong

I have sent an invite to you so hopefully we can connect online and get you into some STB style pew pewn.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So how are you guys gonna handle DR with the assortment of non-canon T6 starships and the game's increasing emphasis on everyone being a DPSer?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have to say that I was exited to be a part of this group. I joined the KDF annex of Freedom fleet and boy it wasn't fun anymore. The players in the Freedom Fleet team speak are super rude, name callers, and seem like they hate jokes.
    I expected better. I hope players see this post before joining Freedom Fleet and being bad mouthed for trying to have fun.