test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• gantrigantri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfXdAbeEws
    This shows you how to do an Infected Ground Elite mission. It is a bit dated so just bear that in mind as you watch it. The strategies are still the same but the equipment has changed.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need a facebook group!

I havn't noticed it until now, so I'll respond a week late.
    We really don't need a facebook page. THis is sufficient enough, in my eyes.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691eqGh5fg0 (shows a strategy for/explains final room of infected)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0940DCqgRw (music is a bit annoying, but clearly labels trigger lines)
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Check this out!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1226101

Bi Shonen's Away Team Challenge!

The rules are simple!
    Your away team officers may only have 1
    officer ability, and they may only use a
    single pistol weapon of faction appropriate
    energy type (no duel pistols). They may
    not use set items. They may use Tribbles.
    You must have all 3 classes active!
    Science, Engineer, and Tactical!
    Your captain may use anything.
  • senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hohoho...ill join @senseiark

flying a narcine with bio beams and a photon
    edited September 2014

To me that just sounds dull, and restrictive.

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's the guide to lirpa combos:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lirpa#Combos

senselark, I'll send you an invite when I get on in a few minutes if no one else has yet.
  • cmdrparthoscmdrparthos Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hallo!

I'd like to join up as well :)
    @Cmdr_Parthos

Currently have one of my Eng toons running a T4 Galaxy class kitted out for the OP restrictions :)
    The Parthos And Bunny Show
    Imperial House Of Pancakes
    edited September 2014
    Here's the guide to lirpa combos:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lirpa#Combos

senselark, I'll send you an invite when I get on in a few minutes if no one else has yet.

Or you could just do what I do. Repeatedly hit 1&2/left&right click.

• spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi, I'd like to roll in sometimes with my Janeway human sci char.
    About the build I am planning to use ...
    Borg console + kinetic cutting beam because , if I remember well, they come from Seven of Nine's reverse engineering.
    2pc borg deflector and engine ... same reason.
    Solanae resilient shield, given by Tuvok in "Step between stars"
    The transphasic torpedo given by Tuvok in "Fluid dynamics".
    A good old photon torpedo or the gravimetric dyson torpedo, since it's Dyson technology, therefore related to the Voth or the borg torpedo.
    As for the rest, of course phaser beam arrays mk XI blue with tac consoles mk XI blue.
    As for the other consoles ... the Intrepid armor console, grav gen, particle gen, blue neutronium and right now I've got the isometric charge and the subspace integration circuitry, but I think that the last 2 don't make much sense in terms of roleplaying ( well the iso for sure should have no place I guess ).
    Tac team, torp spread 2, 2 x sci team, 2 x hazard emitters, 1 tractor beam repulsors, 2x photonic shockwaves, grav well 3, epte1 and epts2.
    Once I've been parsed ( without the 2pc assimilated set which is a work in progress) and I scored 4k ( but don't tell the 10k guys :D LOL ) ... seriously, I don't think I'd break the 7k barrier with the 2pc assimilated set but you know better than me.
    Thinking of replacing torp spread with high yield, in case I want to use the full omega set.
    Your thoughts?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Greetings Captain
    Hi, I'd like to roll in sometimes with my Janeway human sci char.
    About the build I am planning to use ...
    Borg console + kinetic cutting beam because , if I remember well, they come from Seven of Nine's reverse engineering.
    2pc borg deflector and engine ... same reason.
    Solanae resilient shield, given by Tuvok in "Step between stars"
    The transphasic torpedo given by Tuvok in "Fluid dynamics".
    A good old photon torpedo or the gravimetric dyson torpedo, since it's Dyson technology, therefore related to the Voth or the borg torpedo.
    As for the rest, of course phaser beam arrays mk XI blue with tac consoles mk XI blue.
    As for the other consoles ... the Intrepid armor console, grav gen, particle gen, blue neutronium and right now I've got the isometric charge and the subspace integration circuitry, but I think that the last 2 don't make much sense in terms of roleplaying ( well the iso for sure should have no place I guess ).
    Tac team, torp spread 2, 2 x sci team, 2 x hazard emitters, 1 tractor beam repulsors, 2x photonic shockwaves, grav well 3, epte1 and epts2.
    Once I've been parsed ( without the 2pc assimilated set which is a work in progress) and I scored 4k ( but don't tell the 10k guys :D LOL ) ... seriously, I don't think I'd break the 7k barrier with the 2pc assimilated set but you know better than me.
    Thinking of replacing torp spread with high yield, in case I want to use the full omega set.
    Your thoughts?

Thank you for your interest in STB.

I see no prob with your build. Please leave your @handle and either myself or an admin will send an invite.

Look forward to seeing you in game
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @spaceeagle20 is my handle.
    Arthas is my name :cool:
    P58WJe7.jpg

• sirsinjinsirsinjin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can count me in for this. I have a fleet Nebula that would work.

I usually run it with two advanced fleet phasers and a advanced fleet photon on either end.

@sirsinjin

Thanks!
    edited September 2014
  • ksobananaksobanana Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Send invite to @ksobanana, since I pretty much meet all the requirements since Season 5 and have kept with them up until now. I don't see a reason to change anyway. It would be probably best to pm me first though and see if I'm online atm... I don't know if I get notified in case I'm invited into it while being offline. ;p

Anyway, this is really refreshing. It bugs the hell out of me seeing small ships, intended to attack in groups, solo'ing Tactical Cubes... or seeing those same ships aggro the entire Borg presence in Ker'rat and simply not blowing up the small ship in less than a second, as supposed to be and intended to be...
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Greetings, Mott@defcon1776 - Veranus kitted out for vPvP :eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a quick thing, who else thinks that STO's space combat should feel more like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgDdSWDg0g

Warning: It's a long one and you don't get to see the starfleet ships join the fray until around the ten minute mark.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • revelator6674revelator6674 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a quick thing, who else thinks that STO's space combat should feel more like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgDdSWDg0g

Warning: It's a long one and you don't get to see the starfleet ships join the fray until around the ten minute mark.

I'd seen this video before, such a neat mash up. Creator clearly put a lot of work into it. And yes, I'd love STO battles to look like that :).
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wanted to login to tell you all to disable "on-demand-patching" in the launcher options.
    But it seems I got caught myself. 3GB currently downloading.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's cause you're downloading the rest of the game instead of having to download map after map when you play.

Believe it or not, it does make map transition faster, and less likely to crash due to map server not responding.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd seen this video before, such a neat mash up. Creator clearly put a lot of work into it. And yes, I'd love STO battles to look like that :).

lol, granted it's a crushing victory for starfleet, as generally would be expected given that Cylons in old BSG didn't even have shielding or anything beyond laser weaponry and nukes in terms of armament I think. What I mean specifically is less that it should all be curbstomp wins for players like it is now anyways, and more the weapons firing animations and having to actually MANEUVER like that.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can i join?
    James@enterprise07
  • eternalwhitesongeternalwhitesong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can I join in with the shenanigans?
    Handle: @eternalwhitesong
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Captains 07
    can i join?
    James@enterprise07

It was a pleasure meeting you and it was great to chit chat a little bit before you logged off. I look forward to some pew pewn with you in the near future.
    Can I join in with the shenanigans?
    Handle: @eternalwhitesong

I have sent an invite to you so hopefully we can connect online and get you into some STB style pew pewn.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So how are you guys gonna handle DR with the assortment of non-canon T6 starships and the game's increasing emphasis on everyone being a DPSer?
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to say that I was exited to be a part of this group. I joined the KDF annex of Freedom fleet and boy it wasn't fun anymore. The players in the Freedom Fleet team speak are super rude, name callers, and seem like they hate jokes.
    I expected better. I hope players see this post before joining Freedom Fleet and being bad mouthed for trying to have fun.
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Captain,
    I have to say that I was exited to be a part of this group. I joined the KDF annex of Freedom fleet and boy it wasn't fun anymore. The players in the Freedom Fleet team speak are super rude, name callers, and seem like they hate jokes.
    I expected better. I hope players see this post before joining Freedom Fleet and being bad mouthed for trying to have fun.

My apologies for your experience with the fleet.

But I do want to be clear that STB is first and foremost a channel/community. STB does have fleets that support STB which they have given access to SB's & team speak.

I personally DO NOT and WILL NOT have any of your experiences happen in chat as I want to keep STB as clean as it is now.

Again I hope that it does not turn you off from STB as STB does not stand for that type of behavior.

Next time your online LMK so we can further discuss and I can see that your experience gets to the right person(s).
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Captain,
    So how are you guys gonna handle DR with the assortment of non-canon T6 starships and the game's increasing emphasis on everyone being a DPSer?

We actually have been talking about that in chat since DR was announced and ATM here is my take on it.

I will personally do nothing yet in regards to changing any of my builds UNTIL I have personally tested all the new content. I will be honest that I have upgraded a couple of things but after some thought and before I invest anymore of my resources I've decided to wait until I have first hand experience.

Also, with one of the latest HIVE Elite I did with a full group of STB members it gave a feeling that for me at the very least I will be able to do the Advanced settings without any further upgrading. I did that in a Sao Paulo and died maybe a total of 3 times along with my other team mates and did the mission in under 15 mins... the new "Elite" will be interesting as the enemies have more HP & there are timed options that must be met in order to proceed.

One of the goals is NOT to melt things and blow thru the mission in 2 mins. That will be a different story if it takes us 2 hours which then at that point we will make the necessary changes and increase the DPS as required but that also will be subject to how we feel as a group.

If I can take a Constellation into ISE and NOT get blown up in a PUG group Im sure I can take my T5, non upgraded, ships into the new content with no problem... IMO. DPS will just mean things die quicker which is something that I/we sometimes DO NOT want.

But again we will have to wait and see what DR has in store for STB. I look forward to the challenges it will bring and I plan on still flying all the ships I currently own here and there long after DR. I am looking at 2 possibly 3 of the new ships but even those I'm on the fence about .... for now.... it's NOT the ship/gear but it's the Captain behind his ship that will determine how good/bad he/she does.

Thank you for your question and I hope I answered your question.
    edited October 2014
    As I see it, the only real reason we keep our damage within certain limits is to not tear through the content too fast. If the new advanced/elite queues require higher damage numbers to not fail, then great! We don't have to hold our ships back (as much) anymore. It's always been about the canon-like loadouts to me, and I don't think higher difficulty will make it impossible to do well with one.

As for the new ships, I personally can't wait to try out the Faeht. I'm in love with the T'varo stealth bomber play style, and the Faeht looks like an improved version of that. The new intel abilities should be fun to play around with, too.
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello there

This initiative sounds like good fun; I have been reading most of this thread and I think it might be good fun to join in since I am no dps kinda guy...

I have 6 toons; 2 fed (eng and sci), 1 fed/rom (tac in her t'varo retrofit), and 3 kdf (eng, tac and sci)

For all I care, they can all join in on the fun. :D

But I think I will mostly use my romulan toon, since I like killing things with cannons (and it should be canon I think...). Otherwise I will have to adjust my ship accordingly.

My handle is T'Pau@m4tth3wk4n3 (this is my romulan toon)

greetings

*EDIT* My timezone = GMT +1