Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    terloki wrote: »
    The TWoK era engineer's vest that Scotty wore all the time would be a wonderful addition. In fact, we need more vests in general. The TNG movie vest that Picard and Sisko occasionally wore would be awesome for a more casual or off-duty outfit.

Hear hear!
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    terloki wrote: »
    The TWoK era engineer's vest that Scotty wore all the time would be a wonderful addition. In fact, we need more vests in general. The TNG movie vest that Picard and Sisko occasionally wore would be awesome for a more casual or off-duty outfit.

Agreed! In addition to those, I'd also like to add the two types of vest worn by Kirk in TWoK and Generations. Also, the vest worn by Saavik in TSfS should be added.

In that same vain, I'd quite like to see a vest designed to match the style of the Odyssey uniforms. Designers you have been dared! Let the imaginations fly! :D
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we get the Wire/Mesh/Metal "Boots" from the female "Formal Wear" outfit added to the "Feet" option for Female Orions?

And maybe even let Female Orions wear "Boots" with the loincloth?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not sure if they have been requested yet, but I have two requests in mind:

The 2320s-2340s Starfleet uniform: The only difference between these and the WOK Uniforms is the exclusion of the turtleneck undershirt. This has been shown as having a crew neck in the division colors, or just no undershirt at all, such as in Tapestry and Yesterday's Enterprise (both TNG)

Jean-Luc_Picard_stabbed.jpg

480px-Castillo.jpg

The other request would be the conceptual Generations Uniforms. Due to budgetary reasons, these uniforms never made it on screen, but the action figures for Generations were made before that decision was made.

unused_gen_uniforms.png

medgallery17911161567.jpg

Although I suppose the Odyssey Dress Uniforms are close enough to that.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Speaking of vests... how about unlocking for player captains (and BOffs, maybe even) an option that's already in the game for NPCs. Specifically, I'm speaking of the vest (and even the shirt that goes with it, for that matter) that Joshua Riker wears in the mission "Badlands".
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Filed under deceptively simple:

Lokai_zps56ed4c41.jpg

The Cheronian facial complexion.

It seems simple at first glance.

But the big tech hurdle I can see is mismatched ear colors.

Beyond that but probably simpler is that, for full accuracy, you want the black half of the face to be glossy.

Based on the episode, you'd want versions that have the black and white reversed.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oooh! Borg bridge officer costume available for everybody? :D
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This isn't a request but actually a question and its one to do with the uniforms worn by the crew of the Enterprise-C in Yesterday's Enterprise - why was it that only Captain Garrett displayed a Starfleet insignia (not counting the belt buckle insignia worn by the non-coms and cadets) and that Lt. Castillo only seemed to wear one after Garrett's death?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    rowanvonravenrowanvonraven Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm gonna add this again, because I REALLY want it.
    My Officers all have the same uniform (Alpha Suit 1), and I'd like for the lighting effects to match their Training. Red for Tactical, Yellow for engineering & Blue for science)

Red lighting for Alpha Suits & Misc. Gear.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This is going to sound odd... But I'd like to see more options in regards to the Klingon sashes. Right now, we have twenty-three variations - twenty-two if you exclude the 25th Anniversary Wolf sash.

Three Lieutenant, Three Lt. Commander, three full Commander, three Captain, one General and the 'techno' one from the Korath Lobi store outfit. There's at least one other in the game, the '2409' sash that NPCs wear, but players can't.

Now this might seem like a lot of options, but part of my request has to do with nitpicking - the automatic addition of 'decorations' to higher 'grade' sashes can be... well, wearing sashes is one thing, but the fact that many of the higher 'grade' sashes have the insignia of the House of Martok on them is problematic. Even if a player helps them against Torg in the story line, their character still might be of the House of Lorgh or of Duras, or an Orion Syndicate member, or a Ferasan raider - people who wouldn't wear the insignia of the House of Martok.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've got a simple wishlist.

Removal of Uniform, M.A.C.O. Honor Guard, Omega, Formal Wear, Off Duty and every other group and merge it all into one big happy group.

Another simple request.

Customization of:
    Breen Tactical Officer from the Breen/Deferi storyline (just body/head options, needs the suit)
    Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer from Facility 4028 (just body/head options)
    Reman Science Officer Candidate from Reman story (using all parts a Reman uniform parts of like alliance can use)
    Voth Science Officer from what ever gives him, don't have him myself
    All Romulan BOffs from the Embassy (using all parts a Romulan uniform parts of like alliance can use)

Just my two simple costume requests.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Wrath of Khan: Flag Officer Varient

Including the service ribbons, gold trim, and pips and squeaks.

Flag_officers_with_service_ribbons.jpg

Kirk_Pips_and_squeaks.jpg
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've got a simple wishlist.

Removal of Uniform, M.A.C.O. Honor Guard, Omega, Formal Wear, Off Duty and every other group and merge it all into one big happy group.

I'm "agin" that because I find it hard enough to find the one I'm after as it is, with such a long list. But what would have the same effect (if the point is to be able to mix and match) would be to have two drop-down menus instead of one, so you could select one category for the tops and another for the bottoms, the same as it is in the Foundry. Could the code just be copied from the Foundry? I'd be very much in favour of that. Good and unexpected things come from mixing the Off-Duty robes with uniform tops, for instance - see the Foundry mission "Interspecies Medical Exchange" if you want to see just how much this would make possible!

Small request: if it's possible in the current system, what about a nose that is just two slits? I wouldn't mind making a Tamarian.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm in a requesting mood.

Please take the top half of the one-piece swimsuit, give it a cloth texture (instead of shiny spandex) and add it to the uniform category. I'll buy whatever.

AYHa6cF.jpg
  • Options
    satinpondsatinpond Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to politely request that Romulan and Borg Lib Romulan females be allowed to use the long hairstyle please. Thank you!
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would really love to see a special "LEGACY PACK" that is sold via c-store, to support the game. This pack would consist of the following:

*legacy pack for die hard fans of star trek history*--
    - LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP INTERIOR PACK, (looks like the enterprise and excelsior bridges and hallways/quarters from star trek undiscovered country)

- CASUAL DUTY UNIFORMS CIRCA LATE 23rd CENTURY PACK, (kirks admiral tunic from the search for Spock, Scotty's engineers vest as seen in the next generation episode "relics" where they find Scotty on the dyson sphere. Engineers radiation suit. Admirals gold lining on the big maroon wrath of khan tunic & security uniforms with helmets as seen in the undiscovered country.

- TOS FLIP OPEN COMMUNICATOR EMOTE (when wearing tos or twok uniforms this action happens when beaming up to the ship.

- TOS TRANSPORTER EFFECT (this is a good transport that happens for legacy pack owners. It could activate only if you are wearing tos uniforms. this is not such an important request but if it wasn't too difficult it'd be fun.)

- LEGACY WEAPONS PACK, (TWOK phasers with pulsing beams and secondary beam is a series of small beams which set the target on fire. This secondary setting matches the scene when Kirk melts the slug that comes out of chekovs ear. Assault phaser pistol from the undiscovered country with bright blue beams and knock back effect. Secondary setting stuns. Phaser type 1 and 2 from the first season of TNG, accurate dolphin phaser from voyager, and phaser rifle from TNG. Enterprise phase pistols with more reddish orange beams and secondary effect is stun. Malcolm Reed's spacial charges, these act as mines that can possibly be set up on walls in passage ways *these spacial charges could also be stuck to an enemy like how archer blew up the reptilian on the xindi weapon.*)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP PHASERS. (the same pulsing/oscillating phasers you see in the wrath of khan, these phaser banks would only go on excelsior class, ambassador class, stargazers and constitution starships. They'd level up with your captain.)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY SHUTTLE CRAFT, (the same shuttle seen in star trek 5 the final frontier. This shuttle is a little longer in length and has the constitution refit style warp nacelles. This shuttle would have those pulsing phaser beams from twok, and a special console called "emergency plan B", which increases the shuttles maneuverability so much that all enemy fire misses the shuttle as well as the shuttle speed and turn rate greatly accelerate and the impulse engines glow bright blue. Sulu pulled this maneuver to crash in to the shuttle bay in star trek 5 the final frontier.)

This legacy pack really makes sense to me and it's the only thing I've asked for. It'll allow players to truly emerse themselves in to their own personal story line. This legacy pack would also open up new frontiers in the foundry because foundry producers can make 23rd century style missions as well as time travel style missions for players.
    The other thing the legacy pack would bring is a balance to all the new content being created. Giving us players authentic star trek memorabilia will add a more star trek feel to this game as we forge ahead with new and unusual content.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I would really love to see a special "LEGACY PACK" that is sold via c-store, to support the game. This pack would consist of the following:

*legacy pack for die hard fans of star trek history*--
    - LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP INTERIOR PACK, (looks like the enterprise and excelsior bridges and hallways/quarters from star trek undiscovered country)

- CASUAL DUTY UNIFORMS CIRCA LATE 23rd CENTURY PACK, (kirks admiral tunic from the search for Spock, Scotty's engineers vest as seen in the next generation episode "relics" where they find Scotty on the dyson sphere. Engineers radiation suit. Admirals gold lining on the big maroon wrath of khan tunic & security uniforms with helmets as seen in the undiscovered country.

- TOS FLIP OPEN COMMUNICATOR EMOTE (when wearing tos or twok uniforms this action happens when beaming up to the ship.

- TOS TRANSPORTER EFFECT (this is a good transport that happens for legacy pack owners. It could activate only if you are wearing tos uniforms. this is not such an important request but if it wasn't too difficult it'd be fun.)

- LEGACY WEAPONS PACK, (TWOK phasers with pulsing beams and secondary beam is a series of small beams which set the target on fire. This secondary setting matches the scene when Kirk melts the slug that comes out of chekovs ear. Assault phaser pistol from the undiscovered country with bright blue beams and knock back effect. Secondary setting stuns. Phaser type 1 and 2 from the first season of TNG, accurate dolphin phaser from voyager, and phaser rifle from TNG. Enterprise phase pistols with more reddish orange beams and secondary effect is stun. Malcolm Reed's spacial charges, these act as mines that can possibly be set up on walls in passage ways *these spacial charges could also be stuck to an enemy like how archer blew up the reptilian on the xindi weapon.*)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP PHASERS. (the same pulsing/oscillating phasers you see in the wrath of khan, these phaser banks would only go on excelsior class, ambassador class, stargazers and constitution starships. They'd level up with your captain.)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY SHUTTLE CRAFT, (the same shuttle seen in star trek 5 the final frontier. This shuttle is a little longer in length and has the constitution refit style warp nacelles. This shuttle would have those pulsing phaser beams from twok, and a special console called "emergency plan B", which increases the shuttles maneuverability so much that all enemy fire misses the shuttle as well as the shuttle speed and turn rate greatly accelerate and the impulse engines glow bright blue. Sulu pulled this maneuver to crash in to the shuttle bay in star trek 5 the final frontier.)

This legacy pack really makes sense to me and it's the only thing I've asked for. It'll allow players to truly emerse themselves in to their own personal story line. This legacy pack would also open up new frontiers in the foundry because foundry producers can make 23rd century style missions as well as time travel style missions for players.
    The other thing the legacy pack would bring is a balance to all the new content being created. Giving us players authentic star trek memorabilia will add a more star trek feel to this game as we forge ahead with new and unusual content.

I second this. This would be really awesome.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    An option for an armored tail for Caitians and Ferasans for the various reputation armor costumes. Dangerous running around with your tail all exposed like that.
  • Options
    sugi2ksscsugi2kssc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    roadghost wrote: »
    I know this one gets posted time to time. But just want to keep it on the list:

My NPC crewmen to wear the same uniform that all my BOFFs wear. It's been annoying me for 4 years now that I walk around in my TOS mirror universe uniform in a ship filled with bland generic mannequins.

I'm bringing it up again. I think it would be nice if we could Spec the outfits for our NPCs that appear on our ships when we visit the bridge and likewise for our fleetbase/embassy/etc.

Ideally I imagined it would be as follows:
    The options to set NPC costumes would be broken down into categories that allow for different groupings.
      [*]Command (this would cover ranks lt. - Capt.)
      [*]Enlisted (Ensigns and non-descript technicians)
      [*]Civilian (non starfleet personnel-this could be random civilians (like vendors or such on freighters) or set.)

The option to set some additional options for each group would be useful.
        [*]Variants for Career: Tactical, Engineering, Science in each group.
        [*]A setting to disable a group entirely or scale the number of them that appear.

I know that these involve time and resources but I feel it would enhance an aspect of the game that to me feels at times neglected or overlooked. It seems to me that many players exercise their creativity in the game by modifying the appearance of their ships and characters and it would be nice if there were more tools and opportunities to do so. I always felt that the ship interiors were an ideal place for this but found the available choices extremely limited and a missed opportunity. :(
      • Options
        wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
        edited October 2014
        Yes, think of it this way, a lot of people are keen to be able to customise their ship interiors at least in some way, and this is a relatively easy way of doing that (I'd assume).
      • Options
        futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
        edited October 2014
        2015 Summer Event needs loud Hawaiian shirts. As obnoxious as possible.

But they can't be restricted to Risa, or off-duty. I have to be able to put a Talaxian boff in one. Don't ask why.

Edit: and now my potato-looking fellow also needs a Hawaiian shirt
      • Options
        hoshino1hoshino1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
        edited October 2014
        So the Romulan shoulders keep getting fancier as you rank up right? We don't have any shoulders for the Delta Rising expansion yet though. May I request Hakeev's suit?

http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/episodes/romulan/coliseum/hakeev_desert.jpg

I want the pointy boots, gloves, shoulders, and the thigh chains as well as the belt. (The belt is already in the game, but for some reason, seems to only be able to go on a girl... though Hakeev wears it. What else is "he" not telling us?)
      • Options
        rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
        edited October 2014
        Enterprise MACO outfits.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • Options
        ventureforthventureforth Member Posts: 16 Arc User
        edited October 2014
        This has likely been asked for before, but please, please, please Enlisted uniforms for the Monster Maroon/WoK era Starfleet?
        Lifetime Subscriber since Beta - That doesn't mean you have to believe me.
      • Options
        bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
        edited October 2014
        The version of Seven of Nine's body suit that she wears in the new Delta Quadrant episodes, with the lower neckline. Ideally, I'd like it added to the existing Seven of Nine suit in the C-Store as a bundle, but I'm not sure how that would work for people (like me) who have already bought it.
      • Options
        shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
        edited October 2014
        The new arc's final mission, 'Takedown', offers an opportunity to see some of the Delta Quadrant's residents in the proverbial flesh, as it were. Having done so, and seeing as folks can get Benthan cruisers... it occurred to me that the uniforms should be available too. Below is an image of the trio found in the beginning of said mission:
        15484053928_1ea9890fc4_o.jpg

As a note, the outfit does seem to reuse the Dyson paundrons and longcoat.
      • Options
        edited November 2014
        Okay, guys and girls, let's talk Talaxians...

Specifically, let's talk about getting the Talaxian Clothing bundle in the C-Store moved from Off-Duty where it's Captains-only to Uniforms where our Talaxian Intel BOffs can wear them as well. The 'Talaxian Dress' uniform is not bad, but I personally wouldn't mind having my Talaxian BOff wearing one of the vest options... It's kind of unfair that Talaxian BOffs don't have access to the vast majority of Talaxian Clothing in the game...
      • Options
        subftsubft Member Posts: 2 Arc User
        edited November 2014
        I achieved level 60 on my first character, only to find that the rank insignia for Fleet Admiral was not available at the tailor. I note that Admiral Quinn now displays the 5 pip insignia for this rank. I would like to see this remedied. I would like to see the same for Romulans. It doesn't matter for Klingon D'har Masters since that faction never used rank insignia anyway.