What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to see more costume options for Diplomatic, Marauding, and Embassy officers:
    • Diplomatic bridge officers
      • KDF Bridge Crew Uniform - Bortasq' Basic (fleet tailor unlock)
    • Marauding bridge officers
      • Starfleet uniforms
      • Federation Bridge Crew Uniform - Odyssey Basic (fleet tailor unlock)
      • Dyson Sphere Researcher Outfit (fleet spire unlock)
    • Romulan Embassy bridge officers - editable
      • Survivor clothing
      • Romulan Republic uniforms
      • Romulan Senate robes (fleet embassy unlock)
      • Miner Outfit (fleet mine unlock)
      • Omega uniforms (reputation unlock)
    All of these options already exist in game, just asking that they be made available where appropriate.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not really a 'costume' per se, but it is a piece that I would like to see added to the character creator:

Gul Macet's facial hair:
    7816789568_f940f887b4.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We could use a Dixon hill outfit.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We've really only got two 'Admiral's' uniforms; the DS9-era jacket and the 2409-'Vice Admiral's Coat'...

How about the varient that fake-Picard wore in "Future Imperfect"; the red jacket with red shoulders and thick black stripe with gold trim across the yoke? It would fit in well with the 2409-Starfleet Academy uniforms and even the 2410-Odyssey ones to a degree...

And it'd be a good excuse to add the "Future Imperfect"/"Parallels" rank insignia bar-combadge...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd really, really like to see these shirts added to the uniform tab so I can use them on my toons AND my BOffs:

Kira's Bajoran Military Undershirt:
    http://media.tumblr.com/d326559d134240e033ead0f3bc68c137/tumblr_inline_mpd6i0lazF1qz4rgp.jpg

Dax's Klingon Mercenary Outfit:
    http://media.tumblr.com/969ba55773f2cadad38bb96f0a8caef8/tumblr_inline_mpd4s8aQei1qz4rgp.jpg

Garak's Cardassian shirt (this would require devs to fix the Cardassian necks so the neck scales extend down to the shoulders):
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329230204/memoryalpha/en/images/0/00/Elim_Garak,_2375.jpg
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Dax's Klingon Mercenary Outfit:
    tumblr_inline_mpd4s8aQei1qz4rgp.jpg

Oh, that. PLEASE...as long as it's available for Fed's. Really need something Klingon'ish for my character (yes, roleplayer here :P)... :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What about your Starfleet Soldier?

DSN5-northebattle-soldier02sm.jpg

Klingon "dresses" ?

Lursa-toral-b%2527etor.jpg

And of course we need more browns and beige's!

anji-of-the-baku.jpg

Wait... what's that you say? Enterprise Maco?

320x240.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more costume options for Diplomatic, Marauding, and Embassy officers:
    • Diplomatic bridge officers
      • KDF Bridge Crew Uniform - Bortasq' Basic (fleet tailor unlock)
    • Marauding bridge officers
      • Starfleet uniforms
      • Federation Bridge Crew Uniform - Odyssey Basic (fleet tailor unlock)
    • Romulan Embassy bridge officers - editable
      • Survivor clothing
      • Romulan Republic uniforms
      • Romulan Senate robes (fleet embassy unlock)
      • Miner Outfit (fleet mine unlock)
      • Omega uniforms (reputation unlock)
    All of these options already exist in game, just asking that they be made available where appropriate.

It would be nice if Marauding officers were editable at all.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    themartian wrote: »

They are now. The only costumes that can be used are the Miner outfits from the Fleet Spire Tailor, but they are editable now.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are now. The only costumes that can be used are the Miner outfits from the Fleet Spire Tailor, but they are editable now.

I don't know about miner outfits as my Klingon fleet hasn't unlocked them. I just checked and going into the tailor at all just gets the same old "outfit uses invalid parts" error, so it's still just as screwed up as ever as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, I don't wish to derail the thread with an ancient bug.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to suggest being able to, for lack of better terminology, 'shuck' the Formal outfit jacket and just wear the shirt and vest (and tie).
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Now that Armor visuals have been moved to the Tailor, how about doing the same for EV suits? Here's how I envision it working:
    • A new "EV Suit" category, like we have for Uniforms, Off Duty, etc.
    • Each EV suit a character owns (Federation Combat Environmental Suit, for example), unlocks a corresponding cosmetic outfit.
    • Costumes would have helmets as a separate option, so that characters could cosmetically wear suits without helmets.
    • It would be great to have a helmet option where the character's face is visible. I don't know if the game engine supports this (although we've seen D'Tan's face in an EV suit in cut scenes).
    • Activating an EV suit would still work as it currently does. The helmet and lights would be displayed regardless of the costume.
    • You could even put a TOS EV suit costume (from "The Tholian Web") in the C-Store.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cant wait to see all thoose people that run around on Maps requiring the EV Suit without helmets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Cant wait to see all thoose people that run around on Maps requiring the EV Suit without helmets

Um, I think you missed reading this part;
    • Activating an EV suit would still work as it currently does. The helmet and lights would be displayed regardless of the costume.

Query; would this concept allow mixing-and-matching of EV suit parts? (I.E., a Federation Lifetime suit helmet on a Solanae suit)

Different subject;
    Hair options. At the moment, all of the hair is all-or-nothing. We can either do nice 'young' colorful hair or older, grey head of hair...
    What about multi-colored hair options? In example; brown hair with grey temples.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Query; would this concept allow mixing-and-matching of EV suit parts? (I.E., a Federation Lifetime suit helmet on a Solanae suit)

That's an interesting idea, I'm not so sure how that would work in practice. I can envision massive clipping problems with that.

I'm also thinking that, although it would be nice to adjust the colors on EV suits, that probably wouldn't happen either. The different Solanae suits and the mining suits (the ones you can purchase at the Ferengi mine for lobi) are all the same design, with different color schemes. Being able to change the colors would wipe out those differences.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So, more like wearing the EV suit just puts the 'suit' on (Top, hands, chest, back, belt, lower, feet), and then activating it would add the head (helmet)?

Still makes more sense then a half-dozen people wandering around DS9 in full EV gear.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still makes more sense then a half-dozen people wandering around DS9 in full EV gear.

Aliens that can't breathe oxygenated atmospheres?
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Now that Armor visuals have been moved to the Tailor, how about doing the same for EV suits? Here's how I envision it working:
    • A new "EV Suit" category, like we have for Uniforms, Off Duty, etc.
    • Each EV suit a character owns (Federation Combat Environmental Suit, for example), unlocks a corresponding cosmetic outfit.
    • Costumes would have helmets as a separate option, so that characters could cosmetically wear suits without helmets.
    • It would be great to have a helmet option where the character's face is visible. I don't know if the game engine supports this (although we've seen D'Tan's face in an EV suit in cut scenes).
    • You could even put a TOS EV suit costume (from "The Tholian Web") in the C-Store.

We've talked about this before internally within the Character Team. The problem is that the EV Suits were not designed to "mix" with anything other than their respective sets. For instance, helmets designed for one Ev suit might not work well on another EV suit (There maybe gaps, holes, etc.) While I wouldn't rule anything out, I can say that something like this would require significant time and rework to do.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    We've talked about this before internally within the Character Team. The problem is that the EV Suits were not designed to "mix" with anything other than their respective sets. For instance, helmets designed for one Ev suit might not work well on another EV suit (There maybe gaps, holes, etc.) While I wouldn't rule anything out, I can say that something like this would require significant time and rework to do.

Could this be handled as a single costume dropdown with color modding?

I know you guys were looking to sell different colored EV suits but that seems like it fell through.

Really, though, I think my preference for EV suits would be to look at shuttles as an inspiration. Have a designated EV suit slot that can be swapped to/activated rather than treating it as body armor. I know that's more of a systems request but it ties in, I think.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Could this be handled as a single costume dropdown with color modding?

I know you guys were looking to sell different colored EV suits but that seems like it fell through.

Really, though, I think my preference for EV suits would be to look at shuttles as an inspiration. Have a designated EV suit slot that can be swapped to/activated rather than treating it as body armor. I know that's more of a systems request but it ties in, I think.

That's a very interesting idea. Like you said, it's more of a systems and UI issue, so I'd have to inquire about its feasibility. Thanks for posting it, - I'll bring it up (as well as other issues you guys have raised) with the rest of the team.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about this costume for female characters,...? Currently, the version for females is a crappy skimpy thing. I'm okay with it being there, but... how about choice of a non-skimpy version? Before people argument it's canon.. the TOS era uniforms do have the male version of shirts for females too... so, pretty please? It makes for a nice, casually looking jacket, which I think would be nice to have & we don't have.

HRSC8OP.jpg
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    That's a very interesting idea. Like you said, it's more of a systems and UI issue, so I'd have to inquire about its feasibility. Thanks for posting it, - I'll bring it up (as well as other issues you guys have raised) with the rest of the team.
    In other words, following the precedent set with Omega, Voth armor, et cetera? That seems to me a plausible idea; I look forward to hearing what the team thinks of it.

On this note, I imagine myself not alone in wishing that the MACO outfit had a greater range of available colors - for example, some of us would like to replicate the black/yellow coloration used by the photonic personnel of Facility 4028...
  • Options
    admiralstavok#2904 admiralstavok Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would like to see more variety in the Risan Swimwear for men. How come women get the bikini swimwear and men do not? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How about this costume for female characters,...? Currently, the version for females is a crappy skimpy thing. I'm okay with it being there, but... how about choice of a non-skimpy version? Before people argument it's canon.. the TOS era uniforms do have the male version of shirts for females too... so, pretty please? It makes for a nice, casually looking jacket, which I think would be nice to have & we don't have.

HRSC8OP.jpg

Agreed. I've wanted this for a while.

The mirror female uniform (while canon) is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    themartian wrote: »

All BOFFs should be able to put on the captain's faction uniforms.

The Breen BOFF should be able to change into anything that doesn't show any skin- they've shown this possible with the Breen prisoner in Facility 4028. The Borg science BOFF should be treated similarly.

The rest (Romulan Embassy, Reman Sci, Nelen Exil, Jem'hadar, Exchange BOFFs) should all be allowed all of the same body uniform options as any other species in that captain's faction.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, the latest Tribble patch says they are allowing BoFF's to wear all Kit pieces currently unlocked, so maybe this is a step towards editable Dip/Maraud BoFF's.

BTT ...

I recently started another new KDF Alt, and I noticed the cool fur lined Shoulder Pads that Captain Jurlek wears ... Then to my surprise I noticed that when you beam down to Rura Penthe in "Manhunt" you are automatically put into "Winter Gear" (even Orions get this costume automatically) has the same cool looking Shoulder Pads, as Jurlek wears ... So my request is ...

GIVE ME THOSE SHOULDER PADS!!!

And what about some "off duty" or at least non armor costumes for Klingon's? Some Robes perhaps? Or maybe the outfit Lady Sirella wears?

And what about allowing KDF players (that's ALL races playable when you choose that faction you know) access to ALL costume options from ALL races?

I'd be happy even if they were a C-Store unlock ... Along with about 53 other Costume Pieces that are currently used in game (have a look around any KDF Fleet Starbase!)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    tonydinozzo1tonydinozzo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I bought the 21st century formal wear from the C-store, and was wondering is it possible to wear the jacket without the vest? If not could that be implemented
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can someone tell me what happened to the Vice Admiral coat that was in the tailor? I noticed it was gone today after the update. I wanted to add this to acouple more of my toons? Or is that coat being replaced with another?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Likely just a bug. It's been reported in the bugs forum.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now that the Odyssey uniforms are being introduced on NPC's up and down Fed bases all across STO can we please, PLEASE have them as standard in the tailor instead of having to go through the whole rigmarole of having to join a fleet, updating the base, collecting the dilithium/credits and so on and so forth?