What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

1656667686971»

Comments

• Options
    pyroniro571pyroniro571 Member Posts: 1 New User
    As much as more up to date uniforms such as SNW and Picard.
    Would love to see the tailor system get over-hauled to add the new colour choices on all clothing.

Also some outfits that you'd use in the holodeck such as wild west would be quite fun!
  • Options
    corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Ship costume add the Rhode Island to the T6 Equinox class, we need a Type 9/ SC4 shuttle ( with compatibility with the Intrepid ablative generator console), the alternate future endgame uniform as well.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Ship costume add the Rhode Island to the T6 Equinox class, we need a Type 9/ SC4 shuttle ( with compatibility with the Intrepid ablative generator console), the alternate future endgame uniform as well.

The Rhode Island class is already part of the same kitbash kit as the Equinox, the rub is that you have to either have bought the c-store version of the Rhode Island back when it was available there, or if not, it is available on a per-character basis from the ship vendor for 37,500 refined dilithium.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    "Gorn Tunic' is not available for use with 23rd century Gorn bare chest. I mean really - the Gorn Tunic is a 23rd century costume, but there is no option to use the 23rd century Gorn chest with it? You know, as 'seen on TV' in the TOS episode 'Arena'. What make this doubly weird is that the promotional material for the TOS Gorn outfits clearly show that it SHOULD be possible. See 'Lieutenant' pictured below.

34RKNCr.jpg

Please fix. :) (Under 'Bare Chest" category add "23c Gorn Chest with tunic")
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    "Gorn Tunic' is not available for use with 23rd century Gorn bare chest. I mean really - the Gorn Tunic is a 23rd century costume, but there is no option to use the 23rd century Gorn chest with it? You know, as 'seen on TV' in the TOS episode 'Arena'. What make this doubly weird is that the promotional material for the TOS Gorn outfits clearly show that it SHOULD be possible. See 'Lieutenant' pictured below.

34RKNCr.jpg

Please fix. :) (Under 'Bare Chest" category add "23c Gorn Chest with tunic")

they were supposed to fix this way back and it's not been done
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    @rattler2 @baddmoonrizin this is a multiple zombie thread
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    OI! Zombie!
    *Casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    thread /reopened

This thread has been allowed to stay open due to it being, basically, THE costume request thread, so normal necro rules are suspended for this thread.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Since the Mods said it's OK, I would like Tal Shiar Gloves and Boots like Hakeev and Sela please, maybe more Romulan uniforms in general as well like the Nemesis ones and the SNW ones.
    Post edited by paradox#7391 on
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Throw in Qowat Milet uniforms too, while I'm still on the topic of Romulans and their uniforms, I hate to break it to Cryptic but anything is better than those fugly republic uniforms.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Throw in Qowat Milet uniforms too, while I'm still on the topic of Romulans and their uniforms, I hate to break it to Cryptic but anything is better than those fugly republic uniforms.

Definitely, been waiting for the Warrior Nun garb since they were first shown.
  • Options
    sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 14
    A green TOS wrap WITHOUT SHOULDER RANK, so it can also be used by other ranks or off duty (see my own current post - double is better)

87axbdfda2e8.png
  • Options
    sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 14
    The Cage costumes, especially uniforms (see my own current post too - double is better) bd0gs0582v4o.png
  • Options
    rsilverblood87rsilverblood87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Request 1: Revamped Odyssey pants

So, you know the traditional Admiral look with the Odyssey uniform, as seen below? :
    Odyssey_Flag_Officer.png

And, you know the Lower (read: pants), Loose "Starfleet Academy" uniform with the single color stripe down the sides, as seen below? :
    y0vhluw60v6e.png

OK, well, what if you combined the silver/gold metallic trim/stripes on both sides of the color stripe? Just like the between the shoulder and torso of the "Jackets, Loose" Odyssey uniform piece? Make the strip really thin, too, to keep it not ostentatious.

Finally, maybe add that thin metallic trim/strip on the bottom border/edge of the pant sleeves, but keep it nice and thin. It'll look nice, without taking away from the horizontal bar trim that comes with the lifetime subscription. It'll just refine the look and give it a more consistent theme/feel.

Also, the Odyssey pants have a lot of reflective qualities to them. I'd love to see a revamp that's far less reflective, without the pleats in the front. A matte, flat front version of the Odyssey, with the color stripe and the metallic trim/strips would be perfect.

Request 2: Revamped Odyssey loose jacket (top)

So, you know the metallic trim/strip I mentioned before? Add that to the edge of the sleeves, also keeping it super thin.

Finally, you know the metallic trim/strip already there? Make it thinner, to make the very top of the collar. Try to make it super subtle. Not flashy, not gaudy.

Request 3: Revamped Odyssey belt

You know the Jupiter veteran belt for lifetime subscribers? Well, maybe something that's similar in quality could be used for players who have completed many gameplay achievements.

I was thinking of taking the standard Odyssey belt and replacing the standard background color with three selectable colors: planet, laurels (and the circle around the planet), and background. The stars on the planet should always be a pale, mirror-polished true silver.

It wouldn't replace the lifetime subscriber sense of exclusivity. Instead, it would only serve to reward loyal players who have spent a lot of time going through the in-game achievements, for dedicated completionists.

Request 4: Revamped Odyssey shoes

I'd love to see the Odyssey shoes made available in a more matte finish, but in ankle boot length. "Odyssey duty boots" would be a good way to explain that these are less-formal, meant to be more rugged, but not for long-term missions off-ship nor for difficult excursion missions. Boots meant for medium duty and away missions that don't expect wading through deep water or mud.

Request 5: New uniform material colors

Currently, the darkest materials tend to max out around 21:21:21 for their RGB values. I'd love to see a few darker shades made available.

Also, I'd love to see more metallic trim colors. For example, the "Loose, Admiral Next Generation" pants only feature different shades of gold, bronze and copper. I'd love to see silver, graphite, gunmetal, lead, metallic black and other shades made available.

Request 6: Wrist-attached comm badges (experimental/exploratory)

More of wishful thinking on my part, but... if a tricorder can fit in the palm of one's hand, and a comm badge can be pinned to a shirt, then why couldn't something with size and functionality that's intermediate between the two fit on a wrist similar to a wrist watch?

Mainly, it would help keep the clean aesthetic from being broken up by the comm badge and provide flexibility in terms of uniform layout. Adding "comm badge position" as an option would help. This idea might need to be refined a bit.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 11
    A "glove" option for the 23rd century Romulan uniforms to fix their sleeves. In the show the Romulan tunics have a diagonal cut thumbhole sleeve but in the game they are regular straight-cut wrist-length sleeves instead.

4fx19zak8g1c.jpg

They established in that episode that the Romulan communicators are hidden in those sleeves, btw, and are used by talking into the inside of the wrist.