test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Add me to the list for Typhoon.

This is by far and away the ship I most want to see in DR. A T6 Typhoon would be an instant buy for me.

Jupiter would be cool too, but Typhoon is a must. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Supported for both Typhoon and Jupiter (just as long as both are retextured, the current Typhoon looks an awful lot like the Majestic with the Stargazer's nacelles).

/signed/
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I so want the Typhoon ever since i saw it so i fully support having it in game.
  • dangeruxodangeruxo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Typhoon and Jupiter please!
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dangeruxo wrote: »
    Typhoon and Jupiter please!

Resorting to this eh? That's gonna get you nowhere.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nobadee wrote: »
    I came back to the game recently, after a long time away. I immediately went browsing the ship selection to see if the Typhoon was in the game somewhere. I didn't see it; so, I went online to see if there was some way to obtain it; to my surprise it was never added. I am still scratching my head why they would not implement an already decently designed vessel into the game; while shoving out horrible new designs that crush the immersion in the game so badly that you forget you are playing Star Trek.

Sure the Typhoon could use a some touch ups, to make it look a bit more finished; but, it already has a better design than most of the current end game ships for the federation.

Again with this stuff come on. If you're gonna support something don't snowball it
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Resorting to this eh? That's gonna get you nowhere.

HERETIC!!!!!! Be gone with you!!!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • nobadeenobadee Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Again with this stuff come on. If you're gonna support something don't snowball it

If I am going to make a statement, I am going to be honest about it. I'm not here to entertain your interests.
  • gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    we have the dauntless, SURELY we can have the typhoon
  • darthdoulldarthdoull Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I support a playable Typhoon-class Battleship.
  • underdose35underdose35 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd just like to also add my support for a playable tier 6 Typhoon (and, by extension, Jupiter).

I absolutely fell in love with the Typhoon the first time I saw it and have always wanted to fly one. Although I'm not a huge fan of the Jupiter, it would still be nice to see them being flown.

My hopeful expectation is that if they're not available at the launch of Delta Rising, that they will come in a second wave of tier 6 ships with new hybrid boffs, as Cryptic have indicated there will be others in addition to intelligence ones.

Since the Typhoon and Jupiter don't look the slightest bit stealthy, intelligence boffs don't seem to fit. What I'd expect and like is a 'support' hybrid boff seat. These would have powers similar to the career specific 'fleet' powers players get at level 50, in that they affect not only your own ship, but every ship on your team.

However they do them, I'd just love to see them released. Fingers crossed! :D
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A long time ago, before fleet ships existed, Cryptic teased us by saying they were toying with the idea that some of the NPC ships like the Typhoon might finally become playable with the then-upcoming fleet ships. This never happened. :(

Also how sick would a Typhoon rocking the Type 6 material be? Hawt damn son! :cool:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • seraphtcseraphtc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I absolutely support the addition of playable Typhoon and Jupiter class ships.
  • uraciouseuraciouse Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I support it. I mean why not? the Federation does need bigger ships :)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In case I haven't already, I support this.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the new guardian looks like it could slip into a typhoon skin... its got the dual nacelle idea in it already. just maybe?
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the new guardian looks like it could slip into a typhoon skin... its got the dual nacelle idea in it already. just maybe?

IMO it has more of a Galaxy feel to me... But it's nice though. :)
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    C'mon guys! I leave for a little and this is what happens to the poor thread!?!?
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    T6 Typhoon with fleet variant!! 11 consoles and a devil may care attitude!!!
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More is always better. One of them is ugly but I might fly it for the lULZ if it was a dedicated Fed carrier.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • chrizlachrizla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I support the Typhoon and Jupiter classes!
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did they not say once we have T6 ships they would introduce the Typhoon?

I was looking forward to be surprised and hoping we would have one on release instead we got a bug ridden update and no Typhoon.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fewzz wrote: »
    Did they not say once we have T6 ships they would introduce the Typhoon?

They said they would 'consider' it at that point.

I hope they're keeping the Typhoon in mind, because it would be an automatic buy for me. It's clear that there is a large group of players that want T6 with that 'cannon Star Trek' look and the Typhoon is the perfect ship to fit this role. You have the Guardian already which has an Engineering Focus. The Typhoon is a Battleship, it would be the perfect Tactically oriented T6 Fed Ship.

C'mon Cryptic.. take my money! :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • wisty5000wisty5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I support the Typhoon and Jupiter classes.

More starships is more starships. And we all love starships.

Especially that Typhoon... It could have some lovely variants...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    About the only thing, at this point, that with get my original character out of his Odyssey, is a Jupiter It would be a fitting ride when he reaches level sixty. :D
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone noticed that they're turning up more often as NPC ships now? Perhaps a slight nod towards this thread.
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone noticed that they're turning up more often as NPC ships now? Perhaps a slight nod towards this thread.

Indeed...I could've SWORN I saw a Jupiter somewhere where it hadn't been before....

*cues X-Files theme*

:D
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can we have the typhoon yet? :(
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I support a proper Federation battleship in the form of the Typhoon. Either a 5/4 or 5/5 weapon loadout at the cost of good shield healing Boff abilities, or maybe just fixed (unremovable) Dual Quantum torpedo launchers (one fore and one aft) and retain a standard 4/4 loadout.

I also strongly support a Tier 6 Federation Jupiter-class Refit 3 pack; just so every Fed player can have one of the slowest, tankiest, and massive Federation ship class available in-game. Damn the torpedoes (and turn rates); full speed ahead.

My own expectations, though I just care about getting the Jupiters at all.

Jupiter Cannon Broadside - Tac-Oriented - Fused Left and Right Dual Hvy cannons (only covering a 175 side field) on the Fore with 3 remaining Fore weapon mounts and Fused Left and Right Dual Cannons on the Aft with 2 remaining Aft weapon mounts. 1 Federation Fighter-only Hangar Bay. Jupiter-exclusive Universal Console - Cannon: Fire at Will III (same CD as fully upgraded Beam: Fire at Will III).

Jupiter Super Carrier - Sci-Oriented- 3 hangars capable of launching Defiant "Frigate" pets, with a standard 3/3 Fore/Aft weapon setup. Jupiter-exclusive Universal Console - Emergency Reserve Scramble - Allows emergency deployment of up to 3 extra Frigates or 6 extra Fighters (1 Frigate or 2 Fighters based on equipped hangar pets) which remain in combat for a minute before returning to the carrier. Adds an additional 30 seconds to regular hangar bay launching CD upon return of the extra ships.

Jupiter Siege Dreadnought - Eng-Oriented - Mounts a long range siege cannon (10 second charge, 5 degree or less firing arc limit, 20-25 km range, capable of piercing ships along the narrow path, AoE optional, 2-3 minute CD) as a fused Fore weapon with 2 more Fore weapon slots and 3 Aft weapon slots. One fighter/frigate hangar bay. Jupiter-exclusive Universal Console - Phaser+Torpedo Point Defense. Prioritizes Targettable projectiles/mines, fighter/frigate pets, and deployed special equipment (Web Mine Nodes, Deployed Turrets) within range.

Console Boost Set 2: Slightly Increased Turn speed (mainly for better broadsiding or centering the siege cannon) and additional Hull Strength
    Console Boost Set 3: Increased Resistance to Kinetic and Energy Damage and 30 second extended Cannon:FaWIII and Emergency Reserve Scramble.

Please Cryptic? Feds needs massive ships too.
  • heavywounds19heavywounds19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My name is Commander Shepard and this is my favorite ship not currently docked at the Citadel.

There is something wrong with that sentence. Give it to us now!