test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Operative Gear

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Starfleet Intelligence has prepared this briefing to familiarize Starfleet Operatives with a new suite of equipment, designed specifically for subterfuge! This latest dev blog by Jaddua “QuantumMeerkat” Ross, Content Designer, gives you your introduction to Starfleet Operative equipment here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds very neat so far!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That blog sounds...ominous. Like we are going to try and undermine the Delta Quadrant through subterfuge. I suppose this is why the new Starfleet Intelligence ships don't look like standard Starfleet ships - because the Federation wants to maintain plausible deniability!

The mechanic and gameplay possibilities sound fun, my comments were regarding the lore only.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grapple Gun.

BATMAN TIME!
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    Starfleet Intelligence has prepared this briefing to familiarize Starfleet Operatives with a new suite of equipment, designed specifically for subterfuge! This latest dev blog by Jaddua “QuantumMeerkat” Ross, Content Designer, gives you your introduction to Starfleet Operative equipment here!

~LaughingTrendy

Is more coming to this post? Or will there be follow-ups?

A simple grapple gun a "suite" does not make... ;)

And another note... dark starships, grapple guns... I GET TO BE BATMAN IN THE DQ!!!! :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't even bothered to read if anyone said I'M BATMAN yet...

I'M BATMAN!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What you're missing is that this is the method that we're going to get to the DQ.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The thing I like about this; is it implies some content in which to use it :) ... excellent ...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What?! No hint of there being a standard, an advanced and a superior grapple gun?:eek:
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah, so we are taking the Dominion way in conquering the Delta Quadrant.

Go in with some flimsy diplomacy, and if that doesn't work, wipe them out.......all of them! ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Delta Quadrant is a dangerous, lawless place, far from the civilizing influence of the Federation.
    Ugh, this imperialist language disturbs me greatly, especially coming from a Starfleet representative.

I know Intelligence officers are likely to have their own perspective on things, but...ugh.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grapple Gun.

BATMAN TIME!
    The real question that was unanswered by the blog is where do we get these wonderful toys? :cool:

:D
    The thing I like about this; is it implies some content in which to use it :) ... excellent ...

Exactly. I was concerned it was just a cut scene in the trailer but apparently this is going to be more widespread. Excellent.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    :D Cool new goodies and skills... this expansion is going to be awesome! :D
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Ugh, this imperialist language disturbs me greatly, especially coming from a Starfleet representative.

I know Intelligence officers are likely to have their own perspective on things, but...ugh.

We come in peace. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cool grappling gun!!!! But can say those uniforms..... take it thats our alliance uniform from the fleet tailor/new holding? It incorporates klingon, roumlan and fed design by the look of it.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, Starfleet!

ceekayzero wrote: »
    I suppose this is why the new Starfleet Intelligence ships don't look like standard Starfleet ships - because the Federation wants to maintain plausible deniability!

I thought it was because they didn't want the general population of the Delta Quadrant to figure out we were associated with Janeway, Queen of Terror and Drinker of Coffee.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...pft I shall shoot my way throw everything..
    Bring it on
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When do we get batarangs and glider capes! :D
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grapple Gun.

BATMAN TIME!

I'm just looking forward to an alien citadel with lots of patrolling guards and conveniently-placed gargoyles.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Definitely getting Section 31 uniforms for this - to go along with my new T6 spyship(s).
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Hey is that Ted Turner on a zipline..."

Thjis is pretty neat sounding. Which reminds me; for next year's Risa event could we have an area added for rock climbing, with the reward being a pair of Spock's rocket boots! :D
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope this means we roms can sneak around there back n put a ddagger in them
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this an actual piece of equipment, or some "Press F to traverse/zipline/rappel" garbage?
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So i hope this wont be a situational item, like are they going to limit where we can use it? Or can we use it like say in the Voth Battlezone, or ESD for Fun?

Also what would be the range and does it have unlimited uses?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seriously? A grappling gun? What, did anti-grav tech suddenly become useless in the 25th century? (and 'in universe' it's been used easily since Kirk's time in the 23rd century.) Gotta love how they use 20th century tech in the far future, eh?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    "Hey is that Ted Turner on a zipline..."

So alien-gen, blue skin, green hair.....how would you do the outfit?
  • Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The real question that was unanswered by the blog is where do we get these wonderful toys? :cool:

I'll either be a mission reward, like the gas masks, or an in-mission pickup, like the fire extinguishers and torch drones. I'm hoping for the latter. means I can kit ALL my BOffs with them.

#ArsenalofAnnoyance
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I thought it was because they didn't want the general population of the Delta Quadrant to figure out we were associated with Janeway, Queen of Terror and Drinker of Coffee.

Meh, If Section 31 has a hand in anything (and I'd be very surprised to not see Drake turn up somewhere) probably both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »

Exactly. I was concerned it was just a cut scene in the trailer but apparently this is going to be more widespread. Excellent.

Could still be just roleplaying talk / Marketing talk to make us excited for an upcoming mission.

But that it could be more than that sounds more likely now. Though it will likely be only useable on a limited amount of maps.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]