test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Voyager Crew Returns!

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only person's voice roles in STO I have enjoyed so far was Nimoy's. With all of these additions, I can at least look forward to seeing what Picardo adds to this game. The rest... No thanks along with the rest of awful voice acting to exist in this game.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your dev blog is good and you should feel good.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IGN got a different photo to use, with them in their original uniforms

Fun will now commence

Voyager crew series uniforms
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IGN got a different photo to use, with them in their original uniforms

Fun will now commence

Voyager crew series uniforms

Oddly enough, I prefer the pic that we got ;) There's something about the Oddy uniform that just screams "awesome" to me :)
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And if there's one more "Borg Queen has a poorly-justified vendetta surrounding Seven" storyline, I'm ragequitting Star Trek (not just STO, Star Trek as a whole) forever.

*cough* Borg diamond in trailer *cough*
    And I'll cosign, please let's have those hairstyles. Though knowing Cryptic it's already in the bag.

i'll meet you half way and give you the doctors hairstyle
    Seven: The face looks...odd, and she's at least a cup size smaller than she was on TV. Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily

Apparently she found a way to have the rest of her Borg implants removed :D

I can't say i'm susprised about neelix, I figured that was obviously coming given that the image they showed for a talaxian in the intelligence reports looks just like him...that being said, seven of nines model does need some work. Methinks someone was paying more attention to other parts besides her face when they were doing the modelling
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What a waste of money Cryptic. You could have saved the cash and hired a good ship artist who can actually design Federation ships. Now I see why we can't upgrade our Tier 5 ship to full Tier 6 ships, you're desperate for money. Sorry Cryptic having Trek actors doing voice over work doesn't make an average game into an epic game. :(

You must not be a true Trek fan then.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Awesome. Though I'm more worried that the day it comes out the game might lag and/or crash. Just a thought.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    strorus wrote: »
    You must not be a true Trek fan then.

Maybe he wants Picard to serve him tea and crumpets? Nah, that wouldn't be "epic" enough.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was expecting one, maybe two Voyager actors... but WOW!

Delta Rising is going to be epic!

You know that is going to be even more epic?
    The frickin' videos you are going to make!

Seriously, I love your videos. ;)
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seven of Nine returns!!! my lobes are ready
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Way to go there! Voyager is my favorite series and crew.. Thanks for the effort!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Enormously impressed that they have pulled together this cast. Well done!
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You actually got Jeri Ryan? I had thought she'd been basically written off as way too expensive. On a personal level I'm more excited about Picardo, but all of these are great. Definitely excited to get to hear them in game.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sooooo looking forward to hearing their voices in game!!

Any chance we can get the option of a Robert Picardo look for the EMH boff, and a Jeri Ryan look for the Lib Borg boff??

One can dream.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only two things going for Delta Rising for me right now are the prospect of story missions and the voice actors. I just hope that the missions aren't all queued. I'm not sold yet on the Tier-6/5U thing yet, and its not looking like I will be by the time it rolls out. Come to think of it I'm still not sold on the "crafting" system we got either. Both seem more like money grabs than anything.
    edited September 2014
    You actually got Jeri Ryan? I had thought she'd been basically written off as way too expensive.

Your lockbox money at work.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't envy the graphics artist who has to age a Borg pinup and turn her into a Borg Non-pinup.
    That is simply a no-win scenario.

Every one of those horny, pimply teenagers from back then are going to be in an outrage.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Don't suppose it occurred to you that there may have been people who were adults when the show was on?

It's not like the level of maturity in the STO forums are a great indication of that possibility. :P
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »
    Their combadges look really out of place design-wise. They really should use the All-Good-Things combadge as standard, which in many future episodes is canon by 2410.

None of the episodes took place in 2409 or beyond so Starfleet could have changed the badge.. again.

Also all those futures were Alternate futures.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great news. The models look good, with the exception of 7 of 9. She just doesn't look right. The others are awesome, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Great news. The models look good, with the exception of 7 of 9. She just doesn't look right. The others are awesome, though.

Kim looks a little off as well, I think his mouth is too small.

Also why do Seven and Neelix look like they have not aged?
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Space magic, Borg rejuvenative nanites, Talaxians age slowly, take your pick.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    O wow i can believe this, this so so awesome cryptic

This is going to be just like watching the show :o
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, I will say it for the purposes of encouraging more correct representations of the actress. Seven's boob meter is too low. They don't look right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You actually got Jeri Ryan? I had thought she'd been basically written off as way too expensive.

That may have been the case, but then Body of Proof was cancelled. Let's face it, Jeri's career peaked with Voyager.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm super excited about this Cryptic. Sweeeet!!! :D I can't wait to play the new storyline now.
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Did you think the only thing special about Nelixe's cooking was that Nelix made it? Those special dishes he cooked had regenerative properties and look at Neelix now! He looks like he hasn't aged a day...
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif