test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End Of Summer Giveaway

Comments

• illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I see Cryptic totally forgot they don't actually sell the Ambassador normally. It's still 'active' and set to 100% off in the back end, they just don't have it enabled in the front end. Hahahaha.
  • l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No Fm reduction and no console. :confused:
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    frozenfew wrote: »
    how nice..... they are giving away something I already own....

I am really sick of this.

I'm with you. Its ridiculous that they would give something away that someone else might already own. Jerks.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    frozenfew wrote: »
    how nice..... they are giving away something I already own....

I am really sick of this.

Ah, but the difference is that the T5 version was a per character unlock and only available during the 3rd anniversary. Discharge that ship and SOL getting it back. The C-store version is an account unlock. Claim it and discharge it and it will always be available for a future toon or even if you just fancy flying it for giggles again.

Love the Varanus BTW Cryptic, just surprised not to have the Kamarag T5 available for the KDF so both sides get the same.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• yakoov5yakoov5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    orion0029 wrote: »
    It Just showed up in the C-store in federation ships, we all can stop worrying/raging now lol

I was worried there for a moment.

And as a side note, Federation Romulan's can claim the Tier 5 Ambassador too, I just found out.
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pretty disappointed you need to be high level to get the ships
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if there is a cm watching this or a mod or something, it wouldnt be a bad idea to just give a light tap on a devs should and point em to the bug report section i got a thread there about the ambassador class and it is pretty much important in relation to their giveaway and the romulans.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So the Ambassador Retrofit doesn't qualify for a FM discount? Dissapointing.

But yeah, to clarify - this is an account unlock, right? As in, discharge it now, reclaim it later, on any toon, etc?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • brawndomombrawndomom Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A little planning for the next giveaway, please
    - like equal goodies for KDF, Fed AND Rommies. My KDF Rommy doesn't get a ship, my fed does. Why?
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

But yeah, to clarify - this is an account unlock, right? As in, discharge it now, reclaim it later, on any toon, etc?

That's for the Fleet Ambo refit, the giveaway is for the Non-Fleet Ambo Refit. Which as it stands right now, it smells of Cryptic BS, even though the masses are complaining about being able to claim, but not use it. Myself includedf. And still NO word from the devs... Figures though, Labor Day weekend...

*frustration level omega*
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

No FM discount? I was kinda hoping for that myself so I could get the fleet version on all my toons as I have surplus of FMs.

You'll be able to reclaim like any C-Store purchase.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • jam3smjam3sm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    for the gorn ship being a unlock for account and not bieng able to claim it by a lower level kdf officer just plain misleading , its there fore not a account unlock but rather a level unlock

this is just great:all of us low lvl kdf officers miss out on the free give away because you have screwed upthe permissions on claiming the ship
  • frozenfewfrozenfew Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tcostik wrote: »
    I'm with you. Its ridiculous that they would give something away that someone else might already own. Jerks.

do tthey ever think this carp through?

it really seems like they choose things that most of us already have from completing a mission. I got this from a Klingon mission I think.

who cares about the other things like uniforms.. what about us beta vets? the ones who have paid the most, and supported this silly game when it was totally horrible. same screwed up maps over and over, 50% of them were bugged...

we should be getting more and more. not the same stuff. oh wait, that are giving a 1000 day vet reward... big deal.

I have only had to post on the forum a few times. I feel so disenfranchised. but, we all know no one that matters even reads these posts. so we are speaking on deaf ears anyway :(

too bad the don't have a puke icon..
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe should report that to bugs, but when i claimed T5 Ambassador and discharged the T3 one...
    My current ship power tray got completly mixed up... at least for my Galaxy Dreadnough Cruiser :mad:
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sonoframon wrote: »
    That's for the Fleet Ambo refit, the giveaway is for the Non-Fleet Ambo Refit. Which as it stands right now, it smells of Cryptic BS, even though the masses are complaining about being able to claim, but not use it. Myself includedf. And still NO word from the devs... Figures though, Labor Day weekend...

*frustration level omega*

Yeah, that's what I meant - owning this version of the Support Cruiser Retrofit doesn't entitle you to a FM Discount on it's fleet counterpart. Unlike the Advanced Research Science Vessel Retrofit - also a Level 40 ship with a fleet Variant - that they gave away last year.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yakoov5 wrote: »
    I was worried there for a moment.

And as a side note, Federation Romulan's can claim the Tier 5 Ambassador too, I just found out.

I can confirm this. My Federation-allied Romulan Engineer has commissioned the Tier 5 Ambassador class R.R.W. Implausible.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • lizzygracemountlizzygracemount Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't bother trying for the ships if you are not a minimum of a Brigadier General in the KDF or a Rear Admiral, Lower Half in the Federation. The system won't allow you to purchase the ship. I tried to get it on my lower level KDF player so she can use it later and it wouldn't let her purchase it. So, not only were Romulan's left out again (there were plenty of ships for them), but the lower levels are left out as well. Just an F.Y.I. Cool giveaways, but only if you're the right level...
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What are you talking about?

Romulans weren't left out...

Fed Ally Romuan tac, now in command of the Tier 5 Ambassador USS Tau Dewa
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Quick update to my earlier post: It helps if you use a character who did NOT claim the 3rd ani Ambo.

ALSO DELETING THE 3rd ANI AMBO FROM YOUR INVENTORY IF UNUSED WILL ALLO YOU TO GET THE AMBO REFIT
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm so happy, finally a Tier 5 ship for my Romulan that isn't a crummy Warbird!
  • lizzygracemountlizzygracemount Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What are you talking about?

Romulans weren't left out...

Fed All Romuan tac, now in command of the Tier 5 Ambassador USS Tau Dewa

Simple: There are 20 ships under the Romulan Ships tab and none are available for Romulan players. It's not hard to understand. Regardless, in my whole post, that's all you got out of it? Seriously? Didn't catch the part where you have to be a minimum level to even get them? I.E. Brigadier General for KDF and Rear Admiral, Lower Half for Feds. My lower level KDF player could not pick it up for later use. So, yes, Romulans were left out as well as lower level players.
    edited September 2014
    You're looking in the wrong tab.

Get the tier 5 Ambassador for you fed Roms while you still can.
    What's my position?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    RRW Salvage ready for duty!
  • falcondancefalcondance Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't bother trying for the ships if you are not a minimum of a Brigadier General in the KDF or a Rear Admiral, Lower Half in the Federation. The system won't allow you to purchase the ship. I tried to get it on my lower level KDF player so she can use it later and it wouldn't let her purchase it. So, not only were Romulan's left out again (there were plenty of ships for them), but the lower levels are left out as well. Just an F.Y.I. Cool giveaways, but only if you're the right level...

This.

I put in a support ticket - not because I'm whinging (ok, maybe a little bit) but because my lvl 17 is an established character (i.e. not made just for this giveaway) who cannot claim this "gift" to use later.

NOWHERE does it say in the text of this offer that it is level restricted to claim. The offer states to log in on a (whichever faction) character, go to the store, etc.

Yeah, it's a fine point. But seriously disappointing.
    edited September 2014
    Oddly, though everyone is saying Romulans cannot claim these ships, I just did on my lvl 42 Federation-allied Romulan!

Edit to add: I did have to re-claim with my Federation character, though, as if I'd not done so already with the Romulan. Strange.
  • j2rockefellj2rockefell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This.

I put in a support ticket - not because I'm whinging (ok, maybe a little bit) but because my lvl 17 is an established character (i.e. not made just for this giveaway) who cannot claim this "gift" to use later.

NOWHERE does it say in the text of this offer that it is level restricted to claim. The offer states to log in on a (whichever faction) character, go to the store, etc.

Yeah, it's a fine point. But seriously disappointing.

Yup. Kinda sucks. I just started Thursday, not knowing about this giveaway, and I'm kinda testing the waters here. The free ship would have ben a nice quick boost to a character, and I was looking forward to it.
  • j2rockefellj2rockefell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oddly, though everyone is saying Romulans cannot claim these ships, I just did on my lvl 42 Federation-allied Romulan!

a Lv42 romulan? I thought you had to be level 50, even if you were the right faction/race?
    edited September 2014
    Yup. Kinda sucks. I just started Thursday, not knowing about this giveaway, and I'm kinda testing the waters here. The free ship would have ben a nice quick boost to a character, and I was looking forward to it.

the system won't let you buy a ship you can't use. You can only buy certain packs where ships are granted to you "Boxed" which you can open later. C-store single ships do not come boxed.
    What's my position?
    edited September 2014
    (26 Aug) To claim it, simply log into the game on an eligible character (we’ll list the eligibility requirements for each item in a later news post ), visit the in-game C-Store, navigate to the item listed, and click the “Claim” button before the next day’s giveaway. The best part is that the price for each of the announced items will be 0 ZEN, and they are account-wide unlocks!
    To claim “Varanus Support Vessel” Gorn Tier 5 starship:

1. Log into the game on a Klingon character between 10AM PDT on Monday September 1 and 10AM PDT on Tuesday September 2
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ‘Ships’ tab on the left
    4. Scroll down to and click on the ‘Varanus Support Vessel’ item
    6. Click the “Claim” button towards the bottom-right of the interface
    NOTE: Claiming this option unlocks this ship for all Klingon characters on an account.

emphasis mine.

While we all know that a tier 5 ship is to be captained by a lvl 40+, the "eligibility requirements" for claiming this gift do not specify this.
  • belgradarbelgradar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i kinda feel scamed from what i understand from the pricks on open chat new players just just planly understand we dont get one on lower lvls toon for later use. this leads me to belive that many new players simple wont get any thing free today while others will. a boycot on zen should be implemented to show the dev are displeasure but gamers are complacent cowards and probly wont do this