What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Access Information

Comments

• Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really, people are crying over a couple of weeks? It will only be a couple of weeks till the rest of us can get on Tribble, and a couple of weeks will have bugger (pun intended) all effect on the long-term bug-hunting.

Yes, there's a lot of stuff coming, but then, Al already told us that the new story stuff was NOT going to be on Tribble anyway, and that's the stuff that'll need the most testing.

Seriously, guys. Chill out and just enjoy what you're given; it's F2P after all.

P.s. I'm a Silver player too.
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    ruttager1ruttager1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i have alot of characters, when accessing the tribble character transfer dropdown on website, i am unable to access all characters because the list is so long it continues on under the bottom graphics on page, any advice? i got a couple good ones transferred, but i do want to take a up to date scimitar with me to if i can get this fixed up. thx all!
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's to hoping the video bug of the "Great Crash of Season 8", (lor), doesn't repeat itself...
    Or if it does, it atleast gets fixed before going live.
    (The above thread can also be found by googling "sto lepar fleet"...sad but true...hehe)

I'm not sure what I'd do with another month of this, after the new season goes live.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im perfectly happy with the current server, Ill just wait for tribble to go public
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If not suggested already, you should probably remove the sticky up top by Branflakes that says the test server is open to all, to avoid confusion. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Grant the Gold crowd some true early access to the finisihed X2 content or stick some other goodie up their TRIBBLE
    other goodie, especially holodeck related would be much better in my opinion.

daily 1000-4000 dil refinement cap increase for example would be infinitely more useful and desired. and not something annoying and cheap like the npc that takes 2 days and doffs to refine 1000 dil, i mean the inventory 8k limit.

increase that to 12k for gold and 16k for lifetimers, and i'm sure they'll be much happier than from having earlier access to a server that's closed to free players for some 2 weeks after which they lose their reward until next year, and even during those weeks only seeing half finished, buggy content they can't even do much with, because the content won't really be playable until near release date when the server's opened for free players.

hell, you could even throw in a complimentary 1-4 lobi crystals per month for lifetimers.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    ozymandius1ozymandius1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Manners are not your strong suite, eh? You could use some.

I'm not really annoyed at the gold access only thing, whatever they have out is just too unfinished for any real testing of worth.

Still, no need to be rude about it.

That didn't strike me as rude at all. IDK, maybe I missed something in there.

I can wait until they open it to everyone. Don't really make a difference to me
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now hold on?
    I am a Free Player, and proud of it, but I don't care about not being able to go on Tribble or being able to.

Free player or gold member, Cryptic treats your input the same. Only difference is that people who play on Tribble and try to point out issues can get mad when those same issues make it to Holodeck.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now hold on?

Am I reading correctly?

Are people actually complaining that they can't test BUGGY and UNFINISHED updates?????

You're missing the point. The more people they get testing, the more bugs and problems they will be able to find and fix. Not to mention its good for testing server stability with larger numbers - which we all know at this point is a major issue that still needs addressing

The fewer people they have testing, the more we'll all pay for it later
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I know I saw several pages of discussion about whether or not Gold-locking Tribble is a good thing... but really, does a link such as "Tribble Test Server Unlocked" in the "Starfleet Operations Report" made any sense when it directs us to an older thread telling us it's locked? Well, not for Gold Members (Austin Powers jokes aside), but still it strikes me as rather odd...

Anyway, can we get a separate News article when it really does get unlocked? :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    That assessment is a little unfair. STO was operated by Atari, who was in dire financial straits themselves and did not have the funding to prioritize development. STO was making money, it's just that Atari was soaking most of it in operating costs.

Going F2P did indeed improve things, but to say that the game could not continue to exist without it was a stretch; it may not have been able to grow like it has, but it was not in THAT dire of a condition, or PWE would not have bought it.

That being said, I am not going to dis the free players. Without your hard work to farm dilithium for me, I would not be able to buy it, and without you, I would be forced to actually find groups rather than PuG (albeit that is a mixed blessing on some days).

LMAO here. Making money? Sure, great business sense to sell a money maker. PWE bought a NAME they could build on. STAR TREK. They made the change in business model it needed (F2P from P2P) and built on it. It's called vision.
    And actually, PWE bought Cryptic who owned STO at the time. Not Atari.
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    so you guys on cryptic learned nothing with season 8 right?
    on season 8 you guys locked tribble for gold menbers only and what happend? oh yes tons of bugs and tons of people been unable to log in on holodeck for nearly 2 months... and here we go again...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So basically I have to pay money to test your server is what you're saying? Blimey, that's a high price for a Gold membership, especially for us broke folk out there. Hehe that rhymed. Anyway, even so, would it kill you to test your server using different types of people? Such as those who don't have Gold? Just a question...
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    so you guys on cryptic learned nothing with season 8 right?
    on season 8 you guys locked tribble for gold menbers only and what happend? oh yes tons of bugs and tons of people been unable to log in on holodeck for nearly 2 months... and here we go again...

Honestly? It wouldn't make a huge difference. Yes, a bit more will show up on tribble that are silver members, but it wouldn't be an overwhelming number that'd squash the majority of bugs. Some of which need a lot of players using it at one time to get proper results.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    colinmeason2colinmeason2 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    seems the dam lifers have yet again nicked tribble
    what else are they going to pinch next ?
  • Options
    goddessoflifegoddessoflife Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014

colin and to anyone who wants to think lifers are entitled or so forth. We are not. The point of the argument is not needed ok just let it go. When things get full swing you and all silvers will have access to the server like they did in LoR and before. I'm not condoning this behavior cause to me it is a load of TRIBBLE. But I know people will never listen to any kind of reason they just want to argue or complain. I just want you guys to look at it from our perspective also. Were not getting anything special. Were just getting ability to see if and when we will like it earlier than rest of the server population. And to those of the lifers who want to gloat or think we have the right you need to take a chill pill and just stop its not right.

Also to anyone who picks this apart don't edit it for your consumption or conjecture. I will not condone any of this. As to that end if your going to try to argue don't go there.

Thank you for being considerate and I know its not fair but this is how things are.

Best of luck to you all,
    Goddess
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Oh give it a break. No one is entitled to anything in this game, silvers, golds, and lifers included. The lifers didn't pinch jack. Cryptic decided to start small and allow lifers AND SUBSCRIBERS first access too... well not much is on Tribble right now just the base code really and some small things.

I love the self-entitled idea that somehow we lifers all ganged up to TRIBBLE over the silver players. I love the idea that somehow Silvers pay more for this game then subscribers. I love the idea that somehow a priviledge (and it is a priviledge) that Cryptic decide to give to their subscribers and lifers is somehow is unfair to people who don't pay a subscription.

Now I'm not saying as a lifer I deserve jack from Cryptic, I don't. But I also don't see how it's unfair that Cryptic decided to reward those who pay2play over those who just f2p and buy zen, which by the way more subscribers and lifers do as well.
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oh look people we have a cocky know it all isnt that lovely
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Honestly? It wouldn't make a huge difference. Yes, a bit more will show up on tribble that are silver members, but it wouldn't be an overwhelming number that'd squash the majority of bugs. Some of which need a lot of players using it at one time to get proper results.

Frankly I don't agree with you at all. Although I have always said how much I hate people not testing properly on tribble at least if everyone can get on then you'll be getting as many genuine testers as possible. The problem was actually with all the idiots who clog the forums up with out and out lies that made it harder for us to report back.

To say basically sweepingly that silvers don't test and make their contribution to the improvement of the game is frankly insulting. Maybe I'm reading it slightly wrong but that's how it has come across.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014

GOLD members currently have access to a test server with virtually no additional content other than a level cap increase so why exactly is this a problem?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for being rude. You may not be aware but you will get your chance, the only thing that you must do is have patience. Plus, Lifetime subscribers should get first crack at things.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    okay the bottom line here is Lifers are selffish arrogant pricks that dont care about anyone or anything but themselves so dont expect much from them or even kindness.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    okay the bottom line here is Lifers are selffish arrogant pricks that dont care about anyone or anything but themselves so dont expect much from them or even kindness.

Lifers paid for premium access and perks. That is the way business works. You can't expect to be treated like you are in first class on an airplane when you are sitting in economy. You pay more, you get more. If you don't have the patience to wait, then put out $300 or whatever it costs to become a Lifer or pay the whatever it costs for a 1 month subscription to the game and get access now.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    using your comparison, holodeck is the plane they're currently flying on. tribble is an experimental plane refit that's being worked on somewhere, but has a good chance of crash landing or otherwise inconveniencing the user. first class doesn't get anymore rights to access the experimental thing than economy.

the difference between the classes is the current zen stipend and other goodies they get on holodeck.

if it also was more like what i said somewhere earlier in this thread, with increased daily dil refining limit and free lobi monthly reward it'd be even more like it, but i guess that'd cut too much into cryptic's dil exchange and lockbox key profits.
  • Options
    scoalerscoaler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trying to compare software development life cycle to aircraft product development is unreasonable.

A more appropriate comparison of a premium account might be cable television. Those that pay the extra money for HBO or other premium networks get to watch Game of Thrones or your favorite premium show on that network. Unless you pay for it, you can't legally watch it.

Or even basic cable. You can get free television over the air, but you have to pay a premium to the cable company to get cable only channels.

There are always services that are provided for free, and premium services provided for fee. This is one of those services that the provider had decided is a premium service.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    that's still not exactly accurate.

in tv case you're not paying for premium access to finished product, but more for spectating the making of a show.

you get to watch camera men fumbling around, janitors sweeping the stage, directors shouting and occasionally catch a glimpse of the actors TRIBBLE up their lines.
  • Options
    scoalerscoaler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You're trying to shoehorn a perfect analog. What I'm stating is that they've made a decision that this specific content is premium. Not that it's testing, or previewing what's in the expansion. It's general content that the service provider has deemed cost a premium to consume. Though, in this case, they're charging a premium to preview via the test server the new content that will be in the expansion.

The developers have decided some content is considered premium content in the same way some shows owned by comcast/nbcuniversal might be shown on the free NBC network, and others would be on the pay networks. The customer has little input on which shows are shown on NBC, Syfy, USA, Oxygen, etc, but comcast, through it's NBCUniversal subsidiary can decide what you consume on those networks, and what are considered free and what are considered pay.

So, based on this decision by the devs, you either have to pay to consume the premium content (tribble testing), or go without. Your position is analogous to people wanting to watch Game of Thrones without paying for HBO. There are people in this game that want onto the tribble test server without a premium account. Or to use my earlier NBC analogy, someone who watches Grimm on NBC might want to watch Haven or Helix on Syfy, but can't unless they pay for cable.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gotta love segregation

This is what is probably going on in there, 2 people saying this console is "bugged" (yes, "bugged" no intel lol)

And the rest saying Weeeee! new ships! :D

And then some doing the 45 minute chat to fleet and zone chatter, and not much testing ... lol

and the percent Vs the FTP population, or those who went BACK to F2P for good reason, i'm sure is MUCH higher then the Gold player base, but this is one more wise choice of selection, in the end watch the bugs pour due to low access

*Golf Claps and grabs some popcorn* :D

Edit: Prediction, 3-6 weeks of bugs and crashing from launch date, REAL bug reports begin ONLY when the issues are noticed, looks like LoR Dispersal Pattern V2.0 lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    gotta love segregation

This is what is probably going on in there, 2 people saying this console is "bugged" (yes, "bugged" no intel lol)

And the rest saying Weeeee! new ships! :D

And then some doing the 45 minute chat to fleet and zone chatter, and not much testing ... lol

and the percent Vs the FTP population, or those who went BACK to F2P for good reason, i'm sure is MUCH higher then the Gold player base, but this is one more wise choice of selection, in the end watch the bugs pour due to low access

*Golf Claps and grabs some popcorn* :D

Edit: Prediction, 3-6 weeks of bugs and crashing from launch date, REAL bug reports begin ONLY when the issues are noticed, looks like LoR Dispersal Pattern V2.0 lol

There is nothing to test right now. The level cap is higher but there are no new missions and no new ships. No new sectors to explore, etc. The XP has been lowered on all missions so even testing the level cap is pointless right now. If you get to level 51 or above you can't do PvP or PvE either on tribble... so nothing to miss out on at this point.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    then their player base segregation is somewhat justified atm ... lol

but note, even one new [Small Hypo] type, untested and bugged, is still, untested ... and bugged, without one to test all content no matter it's form, no one will know, it is bugged ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg