test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Access Information

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
As of 8/21/14, the Tribble test server can only be accessed by Gold account members. More information about this will be available later.

All accounts are able to access our other test server, Redshirt, at this time.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Damn, I was hoping I'd been blacklisted...was enjoying that paranoid delusion...wheeeeeee!

Oh well, c'est la vie.
  • jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As of 8/21/14, the Tribble test server can only be accessed by Gold account members. More information about this will be available later.

So you ditch F2P Testing help again...
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jhighfill wrote: »
    So you ditch F2P Testing help again...
    It was bound to happen, nothing you can do about it...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This should have been posted in this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1200551
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014

Well, here we go again, just like LoR.

Throwing my hat in in case you pick some of the rest of the player base for some extra test access.
    edited August 2014

Its Just sad when you don't need testing its like come test. When testing is needed it changes to sorry but the Gold/Life lookie loos first. The invitations Based on interest Like the ones given during LOR closed may have been a better way of handling this Give Gold the code Fist and see how many use it then invite F2p based on intrest
    edited August 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

Yep, that thread should have been updated with the info...folks are still asking in that thread about it.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its Just sad when you don't need testing its like come test. When testing is needed it changes to sorry but the Gold/Life lookie loos first. The invitations Based on interest Like the ones given during LOR closed may have been a better way of handling this Give Gold the code Fist and see how many use it then invite F2p based on intrest
    Patience must not be your strong suit, then, eh? It wouldn't hurt you to wait just a little while.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Patience must not be your strong suit, then, eh? It wouldn't hurt you to wait just a little while.

Manners are not your strong suite, eh? You could use some.

I'm not really annoyed at the gold access only thing, whatever they have out is just too unfinished for any real testing of worth.

Still, no need to be rude about it.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited August 2014

No harm in trying.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More information about this will be available later.

Will this be another temporary change that will be reverted once X2 goes live?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No harm in trying.

Exactly.

For once I thought they'd actually consider players who dedicate their time to the game rather than people who pay them $15/mo or $200.

I thought wrong.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Now hold on?

Am I reading correctly?

Are people actually complaining that they can't test BUGGY and UNFINISHED updates?????

I am a Free Player, and proud of it, but I don't care about not being able to go on Tribble or being able to. If I really want to go see what it is, I can just read the patch notes and look up YouTube videos, Cryptic can't tell people to not make YouTube videos.

Oh, and here so you wont complain, YouTube = free. And Free = complainers happy.

Besides, Cryptic is bound to have like a "Free4All Weekend", its not only smart, from a technological, commercial and productive point of view, but it might quiet the complainers a little bit, and I'm pretty sure that Cryptic would like nothing more.

Chill guys, its not a big deal, and in the end, its there loss not ours because if they don't have an "open door" on Tribble that means less people get to test the new stuff out, and if less people get to test stuff out, that means less bugs get squashed quickly.

But even if Cryptic didn't care about getting bugs quickly, so they make it "closed door", its still not a big deal.

Keep in mind that coldsnap, or whatever his name is, said that there would be more info coming.

Lets all chill now, what do you all say?

I don't think you get it. When they released LoR, it was the same thing. We spent some weeks after the release littered with server stability updates and a LOT of bugs.
    edited August 2014
    Now hold on?

Am I reading correctly?

Are people actually complaining that they can't test BUGGY and UNFINISHED updates?????

I am a Free Player, and proud of it, but I don't care about not being able to go on Tribble or being able to. If I really want to go see what it is, I can just read the patch notes and look up YouTube videos, Cryptic can't tell people to not make YouTube videos.

Oh, and here so you wont complain, YouTube = free. And Free = complainers happy.

Besides, Cryptic is bound to have like a "Free4All Weekend", its not only smart, from a technological, commercial and productive point of view, but it might quiet the complainers a little bit, and I'm pretty sure that Cryptic would like nothing more.

Chill guys, its not a big deal, and in the end, its there loss not ours because if they don't have an "open door" on Tribble that means less people get to test the new stuff out, and if less people get to test stuff out, that means less bugs get squashed quickly.

But even if Cryptic didn't care about getting bugs quickly, so they make it "closed door", its still not a big deal.

Keep in mind that coldsnap, or whatever his name is, said that there would be more info coming.

Lets all chill now, what do you all say?

I think you're missing the point, I was apart of the closed beta for LoR yet I'm not apart of the closed beta for this.

That and the fact that the X2 launch is going to be horrible because Cryptic doesn't learn from their mistakes and it's going to be a total lag fest. Every new Season/Expansion and they refuse to fix the continued problems with this game when the solution is really simple.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014
    This day has become the saddest day in history... >.<
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Errrmmm not sure where else to ask this question.....
    I'm pretty sure I can get onto tribble but I'm still getting the same error message...anyone else?
    edited August 2014
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    Errrmmm not sure where else to ask this question.....
    I'm pretty sure I can get onto tribble but I'm still getting the same error message...anyone else?

Wow that sucks man, I hope cryptic get their TRIBBLE together and allow you in.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sdkraust wrote: »
    Exactly.

For once I thought they'd actually consider players who dedicate their time to the game rather than people who pay them $15/mo or $200.

I thought wrong.

Yes you were wrong... A person who is dedicated and plays for free is not the same as those who are dedicated and pay for additional access. :eek:

To be honest, even as an LTS, I probably won't touch Tribble until they open it up to everyone... Only then will the major bugs be worked out and the more player the better for testing... Maybe even another Tribble reward.. Delta Quadrant Tribble.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You are aware that this is early code right? They don't want to stresstest it yet, they just want it played through some and obvious bugs found. If they let everyone in they would have trouble telling the difference between what is a bug in a code and what is a bug caused by too many people trying to use it at once.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I don't think you get it. When they released LoR, it was the same thing. We spent some weeks after the release littered with server stability updates and a LOT of bugs.

I think the biggest problem with Legacy's launch was just how bloody hard it was to get on in the first place. They were completely overwhelmed and they had taken precautions.
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    You are aware that this is early code right? They don't want to stresstest it yet, they just want it played through some and obvious bugs found. If they let everyone in they would have trouble telling the difference between what is a bug in a code and what is a bug caused by too many people trying to use it at once.

That is true. If I understand what they said this was just to make sure that the D Rising code doesn't break the damn game, which is a wise precaution.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

In fact no, it was better to separate the "why I cannot access Tribble server, it's not fair" wave or 'protest' (to say it nicely) with discussions about actual patch features and testing...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
    edited August 2014
    In fact no, it was better to separate the "why I cannot access Tribble server, it's not fair" wave or 'protest' (to say it nicely) with discussions about actual patch features and testing...

Er...only it didn't separate them...so it wasn't better. :rolleyes:

Better would have been posting this thread first, with a link in the notes thread linking to this thread.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is about time gold members get their rights restored. It will only be for a short time. To be honest the more that can test the better chance people can find a report bugs. This gold member only update will only last for about a month at best then all of the other will be allowed.
    320x240.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    It is about time gold members get their rights restored. It will only be for a short time. To be honest the more that can test the better chance people can find a report bugs. This gold member only update will only last for about a month at best then all of the other will be allowed.

I got something waaaaaay different in my head when I read "...gold member update..."

Would you like a shmoke and a pancake?

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im assuming that people with lts and gold sub have too much to loose in the teams mind on their rented accounts to throw it away for leaking information from tribble. whenever the bigger stuff makes its way on tribble i will give it a test out and keep it to myself.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im assuming that people with lts and gold sub have too much to loose in the teams mind on their rented accounts to throw it away for leaking information from tribble. whenever the bigger stuff makes its way on tribble i will give it a test out and keep it to myself.

They post the additions to Tribble every time They add something...
    It's not very likely that somebody would even have to worry about that.

They already said They aren't going to let us play the new story missions till they hit the Holodeck.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    they would need to be able to identify them first. if it happened on their forums, it'd be possible, but anywhere else, especially anonymous places and unless the leaker is an idiot and gives their name away in leaked shots, there's no way to tell who was it.

they'd have to either punish the entire gold/lts population, risking heavy money losses in the future, or just ignore it since it's not like letting free players know what's in and what state is it in now will hurt them in any way.

hell, it might actually generate more hype and interest that way, and even sell some extra gold access accounts for those who heard enough and want in to the point they'll buy gold sub, even if for only 1/2 months.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • spartand1994spartand1994 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Personally, I don't think this is fair. In my opinion, this should have been announced before people got hyped and excited to test the DR content on Tribble.
    Anyone else think this?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So Cryptic complains they don't get enough constructive feedback so...

Reduce the number of people available to give feedback.

Genius :rolleyes: :mad:

Why not have more people available to catch the bugs early rather than a few days before the release eh?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I could restate the argument here as to why this is a very bad idea from both a testing and the obvious side that F2P doesn't necessarily mean they haven't paid money towards the game but I know it'll fall on either biased or death ears.

I just wish Cryptic would say why they do something instead of just being rude to the rest of the player base, because testing should be done by people who have a genuine interest in fixing the game, and gold status doesn't mean anything in that regard (hell, gold doesn't make you pro at the game, seen that proved over and over again...).

Testing should be done by people who are very good at the game with a good understanding on how to test properly and can also keep the balance issues in mind so it is relevant for the majority of players so it isn't released broken like most of Cryptics badly tested additions.

Again, would be nice to have a reason for a change.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.