Install Arc
Options

Tribble Access Information

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would imagine if it's down it's to add the new PVE Queue and maybe the leveling system as xp is apparently breaking our toons.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aesica wrote: »
    I'm actually not all that interested in getting a peek at it myself; my concerns are more along the lines of what the fellow directly above me outlined--when DR goes live, I just want to see something stable and fun, not a bug/crash-ridden nightmare and horrible trainwreck of broken content.

Star Trek Online, this is Aesica, Aesica, Star Trek Online. I think you two have not met?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Well, they haven't put anything on Tribble as of yet except for the cap has been raised. As for new ships, story content and STF's nothing yet.

Tribble just went down for maintenance and I hope they add something worth testing. It would break my heart if its down for no reason.

The new advanced head and body sliders are on Tribble. It wasn't in any patch notes and I imagine it's not in the final stages. I noticed it when they first added the level cap increase.

Example: new additional boob sliders :o; new upper and lower bulk sliders for arms; new head sliders and sliders being more organized.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    951MB patch downloading, hoping there are some stability fixes to the launcher in this one.
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic doesn't need to explain their decisions to anyone. Besides, you will get access. All you need is the patience to wait until that happens. If you don't have the patience, then pay for a one-month subscription and then you can test. Otherwise, you're out of luck until you're allowed to access the server.

Cryptic does this very same thing with their Champions Online test server, but the only difference between this game and that one, is that this game allows for Silver players to access the test server at times, whereas Champions Online's test server is permanently blocked to Silver players.

never make the assumption someone is F2P/Silver based on what they post because in this case you are actually wrong ;)

I do believe that Cryptic should explain their stance on this situation as it will and already has caused uproar, i mean really is to hard to say we want to give our gold/lifers a little extra?
    or we do not want to cause a massive influx of users to test the new content causing the server to mess around?
    They are a customer facing company and without customers they can not exist, i do not see product recalls never giving details as to why the product is being recalled (just an example)
    Or products being released without actually explaining what they do.
    But hey what would i know having worked in customer service, we never helped customers either ;)
    Just saying it's bad karma on cryptic's part.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This doesn't make sense...not testing game mechanics at full capacity means losing a huge opportunity to spot bottlenecks and bugs ahead of time.

Unless a previous poster was right that Tribble is NOT actually a test server, but strictly a content preview server. Which does seem like it may be the real truth here... :-/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    This doesn't make sense...not testing game mechanics at full capacity means losing a huge opportunity to spot bottlenecks and bugs ahead of time.

Unless a previous poster was right that Tribble is NOT actually a test server, but strictly a content preview server. Which does seem like it may be the real truth here... :-/
    Well, it definitelly hurts some testing capabilities, by the server being so locked out... IE. the new Space Queue.. the waiting times for playing it, to get enough people seem to be rather long. I think bigger variety of people testing would be better... but that's just me :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, it definitelly hurts some testing capabilities, by the server being so locked out... IE. the new Space Queue.. the waiting times for playing it, to get enough people seem to be rather long. I think bigger variety of people testing would be better... but that's just me :)

This will be a poor comparison in reality as i am comparing a season to an expansion but the same was true for the undine queues when it was open to everyone on Trible.
    If cryptic want to work their backsides off to fix the issues when it opens to all then let them :D
    They deserve all the issues they get in that few weeks before release then LOL
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Star Trek Online, this is Aesica, Aesica, Star Trek Online. I think you two have not met?
    Part of the problem there is getting people to test it EARLY. Most of the heavy testing usually seems to happen in the last week, when people are trying to get a peek at the finished product, and they then complain when the multitude of problems they find aren't fixed in that last week.

Note that I've been guilty of this too, and lots of minor problems shouldn't simply be ignored because they're in that last week. But plenty of major problems haven't been found before major launches because there simply isn't enough early testing, which is the only way they have time to fix the big stuff.

I'd highly encourage everyone who can access Tribble right now to do so and play the hell out of it. Do everything. Copy your endgame characters over and get them to 60. Grab T6 ships the moment they become available. Upgrade all your current ships and make sure the stats get better and make sense.

As new things appear, dive right into them.

Oh, and level up at least one new character from scratch. God knows it doesn't take much to level to 50 in this game, so please pick a faction, career, and race randomly and do it, just to make sure they haven't broken anything. Then keep going to 60.

Play with all the uniforms. Combine, mix'n'match, and do the most absurd things.

Play all the new missions as every career and faction you can, then replay and make different choices.

Above all, report EVERYTHING, no matter how much it did or didn't interfere with your enjoyment. Our enjoyment isn't the point at this stage; finding bugs and pinpointing other problems (like TRIBBLE gameplay mechanics, typos, bad story, etc) is.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well, it was just confirmed on the stream. tribble will remain locked to silvers until after the official release.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Whatever, they did not value my constructive criticism while I was subbed, what makes me think they would while I'm not?
    I reported every issue and they never fixed them and I still have the same issues I had while testing in this LOR release....I highly doubt this one will be much better. :mad:

No skin off my back, unless they offer free stuff to testers in which case....unfair dude.
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    Whatever, they did not value my constructive criticism while I was subbed, what makes me think they would while I'm not?
    I reported every issue and they never fixed them and I still have the same issues I had while testing in this LOR release....I highly doubt this one will be much better. :mad:

No skin off my back, unless they offer free stuff to testers in which case....unfair dude.

I guess if they don't value people after testing for them for several years now then they won't value us after release. So be it. There are other games testing. v:mad::mad:
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Loving testing this on Tribble. Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    arrmateys wrote: »
    well, it was just confirmed on the stream. tribble will remain locked to silvers until after the official release.

Guy's this is exactly why I stopped testing for Cryptic after LoR was released, I imagine they saw a spike in sub's by doing this the last time or two and wile I agree LTS and Gold should have first crack at testing the new content I still think it's unfair to silvers and I wont be apart of it any more.
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    arrmateys wrote: »

As far as buying the Delta Rising pack or a lifetime membership, if I can't play on tribble during the test before release day then I don't pay for either.
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As of 8/21/14, the Tribble test server can only be accessed by Gold account members. More information about this will be available later.

All accounts are able to access our other test server, Redshirt, at this time.

And that is why I will not purchase the Delta Rising pack.... I am a firm believer in try before you buy if a game cost more than $20. Sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im not sure why that would impact your decision since none of the T6 ships are available on tribble to players...and a sub costs less than $20...
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To answer your question, I will not be forced to buy something, and that is what it seems like is happening here. Captain Smirk, and I watched the livestream afterwords, did seem to say that tribble would be locked until after release day on the 14th of next month so here come the bugs like happened with LOR.
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kargandarr wrote: »
    To answer your question, I will not be forced to buy something, and that is what it seems like is happening here. Captain Smirk, and I watched the livestream afterwords, did seem to say that tribble would be locked until after release day on the 14th of next month so here come the bugs like happened with LOR.

We told them there would be bugs.

We reported them.

They did nothing until after release, and the whole situation was terribly botched.

Cryptic seems to think that beta testing is unnecessary, and decided to turn one of their most valuable tools (a testing shard) into a useless gimmick (an 'exclusive preview' shard).
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    I thought the whole point was to sell subs not to test the game.Nothing beats than paying to see broken content :rolleyes:
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought the whole point was to sell subs not to test the game.Nothing beats than paying to see broken content :rolleyes:

Yea because seeing unfinished content is a "privilege" :rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For those who haven't already figured it out, Silver Tribble access is now restored.
  • Options
    brohedgehogbrohedgehog Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Strage story...
    I am lifetimer, but I do't have the ability to transfering a character on a Public Test Server.
    This bug appeared in this year.
  • Options
    sarog3sarog3 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Strage story...
    I am lifetimer, but I do't have the ability to transfering a character on a Public Test Server.
    This bug appeared in this year.

Same problem here.