test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many of you here PvP?

tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Just curious, as to how many of the people here participate in PvP like myself.

Let me know if you do below.

Maybe an interesting result will come from this. :eek:
3c81e718a1.jpg
Post edited by tinnytimps on

Comments

• sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pvp?

ayy lamo
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am trying to get back into ground PvP with my kitty. Most of the time, I just die, so I jump around a lot. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i play pvp when i feel like it, last time was coming up a week ago now, was a kdf in a raptor, lt cmdr, spent 2 hours and a bit of ker'rat, just me for most of that time, vs 7 or so fed players. i must of took down about 40 odd players in that time, most of them were grouped together. i used crafted gear for the whole show and it really counted with the very aggressive boff layout. sometimes i took out grouped players, almost took 5 down in one group at one point, but between 2 or 3 usually. i was on the next day but only took out 6 more players within about 30 minutes because no other feds were around at that time.

before that it was a very long time ago that i did any pvp, well over a year.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I used to Pvp, but then I got an MW:O to the knee. SO to speak. I had just joined a new fleet focused on PvP (leaving another fleet focused on PVP) when I lost interest in STO, basically. 2 years later I am back in STO, but I don't dare to venture into PvP. I feel inadequate, not up to date, and like I don't really want to dedicate as much time as I used to to STO or PvP. Maybe that's all a lie I tell to myself. I don't know.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rothan117rothan117 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do not pvp. Have zero interest in pvp these days.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Logic dictates, that my overall activity in pvp, is exactly 0.25% compared to pve.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I PVP until the premades show up, then i'm out. I recognize certain fleets and individuals, it they are around it is pointless to PVP unless you have a very specific build, which I do not want. I prefer an all around build that allows me to play the full game.

it would be nice if pvp had levels or categories like beginner, casual, expert, etc.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PvP? LOL. Never in STO, no.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My usual cycle is play a little pvp (kerrat, cap 'n splode, arena) for fun and then give up soon after dues to the abject boredom of the game before boredom with pve draws me back and then once more away

Since plague of new romulus, pvp has decended into a boring game of 'battlecloak and go seek' and 'bait ships' whilst super powered ships can cloak and recloak in mere seconds, tossing out the equivalent one of five free abilities that basically run over other console close to their type

Needless to say, expect worse come s6...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Logic dictates, that my overall activity in pvp, is exactly 0.25% compared to pve.

Does that percentage include the visits to kerrat?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No way. It isn't fun.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A good friend of mine and I 1v1 to test builds...

Does that count?
    2iBFtmg.png
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    C-c-c-c-c-c-ooommmbbbooo Brrrreeeaaakkkeeerrrr

I pvp most of the time now. Tons of fun, you know that feeling when your first get into your first starship? The epic feeling of space combat and flight? It's like that every pvp match.

Build right...have the most fun you can in game

Build wrong....end up like the above and despise pvp

True story
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never in STO.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't care for PvP. I prefer a more co-op approach to online gaming that doesn't involve stroking the e-peen.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since PvP is the only endgame content that is actually challenging: PvP >>> all

There's nothin cooler than setting up a good team, planing maneuvers, train together and watch your progress. To be honest, PvP is the only reason why I'm still playing this silly grind game :rolleyes:
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't. I loaded it up once to give it a whirl (Well alright, to complete the Dilithium daily thingy) and immediately got hunted down by the same one or two 'players' no matter if I was actively playing a part, or was trying to run away and hide. It was absolutely no fun. I don't mind being outclassed and outgunned - I expect it, but to be completely helpless? I'm not a TRIBBLE.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    only reason for me to still hang around. pve alone would have drawn me away long ago. i play onlinegames to compete with humans, not with npc's. even if i suck, what gives lol. of course it's hard to get into pvp the first times/months. but that's the same in any game where u face players that are more progressed than u in that game (skill, stuff, certain knowledge, etc.).
    first 2 weeks of playing battlefield bad company 2 when it came out i died in one bloody row lol.
    in sto i feel one main reason for the hard-learning-curve is a big lack in "educating" players about ingame-mechanics and synergies while toon-levelling.
    so yeah: PeeeeVeeeePeeee yippieyayey, and leave the peens out lol^^.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure this should be in PVP part of the forums.

Back on topic. I pvp cause I dislike pvpers.
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Does that percentage include the visits to kerrat?

Why yes it does, it dictates all pvp related times spent, by myself when feeling up to it.

Otherwise, I really have very little interest in pvp on this game!

• tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^Not me I see it as pointless. There is no reward system attached to it, and it has no bearing on the Universe of the game, and you warp to some pointless sector that doesn't even have keep defend option. Personally, this game could learn a lot about a decent PVP system from SWtOR. SWTOR might be a stupid WOW clone with Star Wars theme but the PVP reward system is fantastic, and is about the only thing really good about the game.

This was exactly the point i was hoping someone would bring up.

It's not that cryptic don't take an interested to PvP, i'm sure there are a few at their offices that enjoy it as much as we do (I hope).

But the reality is that they see it as a part of the game where there is no money to be made.
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited August 2014
    I pvp and laugh at pve heroes who spend fortunes just to kill the same npcs over and over again.:rolleyes:
    edited August 2014
    I pvp and laugh at pve heroes who spend fortunes just to kill the same npcs over and over again.:rolleyes:

They could more than definitely, say the same about you!

edited August 2014

I think his point is the variety of different, challenging builds that pop up in PvP.
    Compared to that of say, an STF.
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited August 2014

I dont spend money to kill npcs.I like to pop a ship with a human behind it then get here on the forums and read "I dont like pvp players coz they wreck my expensive pve ship" .That makes all the money.
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some of these responses are absolutely hilarious. PvP is all there is once you've facerolled every ESTF, which doesn't exactly take skill anymore, even on ground.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Heck yeah I PVP, but the people in charge keep TRIBBLE pvp over... Then they say they're not doing it on purpose when it's obviously is being done on purpose.

It's like slapping someone's face 822 times and saying you didn't mean to do it. It's like shut up and stop lying.

So yeah I pvp because I like fighting targets that can kill me. I like fighting targets that can think and try to adapt.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »
    I think his point is the variety of different, challenging builds that pop up in PvP.

lolwat? PVP is full of people using the same ships, same weapons, and same tactics. It is just PVE with worst people then Hakeev.
    edited August 2014
    I dont spend money to kill npcs.I like to pop a ship with a human behind it then get here on the forums and read "I dont like pvp players coz they wreck my expensive pve ship" .That makes all the money.

Well to each there own, but there are those who would say what a waste (not I myself).
    jjdez wrote: »
    Some of these responses are absolutely hilarious. PvP is all there is once you've facerolled every ESTF, which doesn't exactly take skill anymore, even on ground.

No arguments there, but some prefer this level of fun, or simply prefer the grind to get what they need.
    tinnytimps wrote: »

I myself see a huge variety of builds in pve, and not so much in pvp, where it tends to IMO be more cookie cutter, or risk your own build at your own peril.

edited August 2014
    lolwat? PVP is full of people using the same ships, same weapons, and same tactics. It is just PVE with worst people then Hakeev.

Head into Ker'rat, tell me what you see.

Then head into an STF, most of the time you'll have 5 faw boats, and if no that, then you'll come across a different version of a faw boat. If you don't see none of the above, then they're probably in a dps scimitar, or a player who doesn't know much about the mission/game yet at all.
    3c81e718a1.jpg