test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassians? Playable Faction? Lets Not!

124»

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Nobody ever said such allies would make sense. :P FED players have Paradan Doffs, KDF players have Wadi Doffs (the Wadi didn't strike me to be friends of the Empire, but then, neither did the Orion Syndicate).

those are doffs, trading card games doesnt mean anything to me about races actually in game instead of just in passing.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    those are doffs, trading card games doesnt mean anything to me about races actually in game instead of just in passing.
    Fair enough. :)
    jem'hadar can be mercenaries, they go where the money is like the breen, there wouldnt be a problem having a paid captain, because its no different from your other captains who serve the uniform and also get paid. and you mistake cardassian psychology a bit, they wouldnt accept federation help too deeply either being a proud people being humbled as such and then having it being rubbed in is not what the cardassians want, what they want is to come back and be a proud people with their own territory and rights again, but to do the right thing instead.
    Somehow, I doubt Latinium means a great deal to renegade Jem Hadar. :P

Surely they'd be after White? If by some miracle they're free of the Drug, I'd imagine Jem Hadar to be somewhere between a Klingon and a Hirogen; they're honourable (like Klingons), but enjoy combat and/or a hunt (like the Hirogen). Every Jem Hadar we've met is violent, even that one (name escapes me) who was free of the drug (Miles & Bashir met him), but he was still a warrior.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fair enough. :)

Somehow, I doubt Latinium means a great deal to renegade Jem Hadar. :P

Surely they'd be after White? If by some miracle they're free of the Drug, I'd imagine Jem Hadar to be somewhere between a Klingon and a Hirogen; they're honourable (like Klingons), but enjoy combat and/or a hunt (like the Hirogen). Every Jem Hadar we've met is violent, even that one (name escapes me) who was free of the drug (Miles & Bashir met him), but he was still a warrior.

the mental conditioning was inclined towards violence for a purpose, however the jem'hadar have the ability to control it with a bit of practice. the first one your referring to is: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Goran'Agar. but towards your latter point with honor: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ikat'ika. its possible that freed jem'hadar from white can act differently and may want more then just to fight. besides a mercenaries work is never cheap, lots of stuff a mercenary will need so currency necessitates any desire good or bad about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    the mental conditioning was inclined towards violence for a purpose, however the jem'hadar have the ability to control it with a bit of practice. the first one your referring to is: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Goran'Agar. but towards your latter point with honor: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ikat'ika. its possible that freed jem'hadar from white can act differently and may want more then just to fight. besides a mercenaries work is never cheap, lots of stuff a mercenary will need so currency necessitates any desire good or bad about it.
    It would be interesting to see Jem Hadar in a different field, though I'm sure they'll still be limited.

Can you imagine a Jem Hadar Chef or Counselor? :eek:
  • Options
    williampetersenwilliampetersen Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • We have a shared Duty Officer System, and have no way of claiming pure Republic Doffs, might be considered insignificant to some, but I would expect some players are ... fussy about this sort of thing

<.<
    >.>
    :raises hand:

This is one big reason I don't really do much Doffing on my Rommies.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Founders approve of the current arrangement of the Cardassian military. They are, however, willing to allow Cardassians to serve as subjects of the Dominion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It would be interesting to see Jem Hadar in a different field, though I'm sure they'll still be limited.

a jemmie counselor, hah! :D.

Random person walks into the room sits on a chair

"what is wrong with you today." - jem'hadar

"i want to save lives, but i also want to do some good. you know? make a difference." - random person

"then pick up a weapon and kill the enemy! that way you save lives elsewhere." - jem'hadar

"no i said save lives, not executing people!" - random person

"there is no room for doubt you must be ruthless, for obedience brings victory, and victory is life. i will recommend you to the military." - jem'hadar

"wait... what?" - random person.

random person chucked out of the room.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wanna play as a Tribble.

There need to be a Tribble faction added to the game.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I wanna play as a Tribble.

There need to be a Tribble faction added to the game.
    You're going to love the part about being assigned to another player, participating once in a blue moon during ground actions. And then there's the eating part, too...
  • Options
    ejsphcrispejsphcrisp Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still want a playable Bynar Captain (control 2 toons as 1).
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    You're going to love the part about being assigned to another player, participating once in a blue moon during ground actions. And then there's the eating part, too...

And being tickled for whatever little shiny item you may be hiding in your fur once and hour.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014

We have seen a Sontaran Nurse...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLNFhGjLFuA
    so everything is possible
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All I know is that I want to play a Cardassian. An actual playable Cardassian, not an Alien generator facsimile.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I vote yes. Variety is the spice of life, I'd love to see STO flooded with mini factions.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We have Republic Bridge Officers that are indistinguishable between factions; it doesn't show it, nor state it anywhere, but Republic Boffs are actually coded to the FED or KDF faction, and if you purchase the wrong one, you can't equip them with the costumes you might want.

Wait, really? This sounds like a bug. Which costumes are restricted? Is it only the ones you get when you pick an ally?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Wait, really? This sounds like a bug. Which costumes are restricted? Is it only the ones you get when you pick an ally?
    Yeah, it's the allegiance costumes that don't work properly. It is a bug, but one that has persisted since the launch of LoR. I'm pretty sure the Devs are aware of it, I guess it's just not a priority fix for them though. :rolleyes: