What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale (Now Ended)

Comments

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well, we know what season 7 wont be about then, cardie faction speculation can be put to rest

Season 7? Uh, yeah... we know Season 7 definitely will not be about playable Cardies...

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To early ... To EARLY ... Just few more weeks and I would have had enough green!... ARGH!

Maybe If I give up food, drink, ... Bacon! ... for the next couple of weeks ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want one of these really badly, but I'm holding off for two reasons.

(a) I am currently severely lacking in the funds. :(

(b) When I buy a LTS, I'm buying it at full price. My little gesture of thanks to the Devs. :)
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a very legit question? what if everyone bought a lifetime sub. It clearly states that cryptic is in NO way obligated to give us new content. They give us more content only when their revenue is slow. IF they got all the revenue. What then? Think about it. If they already got your money why would they do ANYTHING to make the game better.
    I like STO but I hate it when I see dirty tactics. I'm not telling anyone to do one thing or another. You make that descisiion up for your self.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I have a very legit question? what if everyone bought a lifetime sub. It clearly states that cryptic is in NO way obligated to give us new content. They give us more content only when their revenue is slow. IF they got all the revenue. What then? Think about it. If they already got your money why would they do ANYTHING to make the game better.
    I like STO but I hate it when I see dirty tactics. I'm not telling anyone to do one thing or another. You make that descisiion up for your self.
    How is supporting the game "dirty tactics"? Just because you don't see the benefit of this particular sale, that doesn't mean others will have the same thoughts as you.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Sigh... I wish I had the disposable income to buy a lifetime membership.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I bought the LifeTime Sub on sale some time ago. I have never regretted this. It saves you money in the long run.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Why do you think that they'd take our money and never make a new update? What about updates just like the one that hit Holodeck today, and the future Updates like Season 9.5 and new the Expansion coming later this year?
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was happy to support this game with my lifetime subscription (purchased last year) and I continue to support this game with my regular Lobi purchases every month, but I really hope the devs do something with the Captain's Table starbase. There is absolutely ZERO reason to visit that starbase.

It would be very easy to fix it ... give the Captain's table a unique computer console where you can access all of your fleet vendors from one location ... so you have access to the stores from your fleet starbase, fleet embassy, fleet spire and fleet mine all from the Captain's Table so you don't have to travel all over the place.

It won't let you purchase things that your fleet hasn't unlocked, but it would make the Captain's Table VERY useful instead of being useless.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    bane1987bane1987 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone Else Having Trouble Logging In To Purchase LTS? Every Attempt Leads Me To:

"Your Web browser doesn't appear to have cookies enabled. Cookies are required for logging in"

Same Message With Both Manual And Automatic Acceptance Of All Cookies . Tried Both IE And Safari.

Any Ideas?

~~~

Update: Chrome Worked, My Thanks To aezar77.
    – Akh i-Ra’tleihfi tr’Illialhlae – R.R.W. Khallianen – IDIC Rihannsu
    – Stivan – V.S.S. Dutarik – IDIC Rihannsu
    – Ra’khoi – I.R.W. Taortuu’en – KDF Rihannsu
    – Jonathan Masters – U.S.S. Timot Danlen – IDIC Rihannsu
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mudd: "Is that an offer or a joke?"
    Bartender: "That's my offer."
    Mudd: "That's a joke."
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Season 7? Uh, yeah... we know Season 7 definitely will not be about playable Cardies...

~CaptainSmirk

i could have swarm i wrote expansion 2 there :confused:
  • Options
    jaitillisjaitillis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, I'm kinda torn on this. I just started playing the game very very recently, and I am enjoying it, but it seems like everything I would want in the game has been in a status of "We're looking into this" for multiple years. Case in point, offline doff control, something that's already in Neverwinter (which uses a nearly identical system). Or transferring the 3-4k Zen I have in Neverwinter over.

And my only experience with customer support was a horribly bad one.

So while about a year's worth of subscription cost for lifetime is a good deal, I just don't know if I'd get the $200 of enjoyment out.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tahnalos wrote: »
    As a former gold member who subscribed monthly for over 650 days and possibly sunk in more than $250 in monthly subscriptions alone, the offer is no motivation for me to sign up for a lifetime sub. If there was a way to offer a deeper discount for longtime subscribed members then I may go for it. But as it stands now, it just isn't worth it. Don't think Cryptic will see another dollar from me again.

Former gold means you stopped paying... if you keep playing this game you get 500 zen a month... thats what? $5 roughly... so it pays for itself in 40 months... just over 3 years. you also get all the bonus for 700 days and higher.

I bought it after the last sale... dont regret it with the exception of wishing I bought it after I applied the code for the collector's edition. Would of netting an extra 500 zen that way.
  • Options
    aezar77aezar77 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So did I read that lifetime members get 500 Zen each month? When did this start? I've been a memeber for years and haven't gotten any for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You need to use Chrome. IE sucks for trying to get into account or purchase information.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

We are pleased to announce that from now until Thursday, July 10th 2014 at 10AM PDT, we're having a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions! Now is the perfect time to pick up your subscription to become a Gold Member forever! Check out more information on the sale and all the great benefits here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5007993

~LaughingTrendy
    bane1987 wrote: »
    Anyone Else Having Trouble Logging In To Purchase LTS? Every Attempt Leads Me To:

"Your Web browser doesn't appear to have cookies enabled. Cookies are required for logging in"

Same Message With Both Manual And Automatic Acceptance Of All Cookies . Tried Both IE And Safari.

Any Ideas?

Use Chrome.
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Former gold means you stopped paying... if you keep playing this game you get 500 zen a month... thats what? $5 roughly... so it pays for itself in 40 months... just over 3 years. you also get all the bonus for 700 days and higher.

I bought it after the last sale... dont regret it with the exception of wishing I bought it after I applied the code for the collector's edition. Would of netting an extra 500 zen that way.

1) Just over 3 years, as you said. That's a ridiculously long time for a ROI. Especially with the time already put into this game.
    2) As one with 600 Day veteran rewards, there isn't much difference between that those with 1000 days IMO.

As it is, the LTS sale is good for those who are getting in the game now. Not good for someone like me who has been here since Beta. Hindsight would have told me back in 2010 to get an LTS when the game first came out but that was when I didn't have a job and therefore few funds to pay for such a game.

I'm sure there are others in my boat as well. If there was another way to offer an additional discount to those members, I'm sure I and many others who have subscribed for that amount of time would be willing to fork out the money for that LTS.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aezar77 wrote: »
    So did I read that lifetime members get 500 Zen each month? When did this start? I've been a memeber for years and haven't gotten any for STO.

The 500 zen monthly "stipend" has been there for a while think ... isn't there some NPC at Starfleet Academy" that you got to? And there is also a Gold/LTS NPC Contact on Qo'noS and New Romulus Command AFAIK ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    The 500 zen monthly "stipend" has been there for a while think ... isn't there some NPC at Starfleet Academy" that you got to? And there is also a Gold/LTS NPC Contact on Qo'noS and New Romulus Command AFAIK ...
    You mean the Veteran Refiner? that's for the Dilithium refining that Veterans get to do. It has nothing to do with the stipend.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm... *starts counting his pennies*
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This is a great picture from the Captain's Table: Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture ;)

However... The potted plant in the corner... that's where my dreams lie... :P
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    im really tempted to get the LTS....but idk if this game will last the amount of time it will take for the $199 to be worth it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    markdbmarkdb Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Woohoo! Been waiting for a while now. Jumping right on this one. :D
  • Options
    azanthrielazanthriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was looking at the Lifetime but when I look at the chart between Lifetime and silver the only difference for me is the addition of the 500 Zen/month. This may be because I had Retail CE account with subscription for a while.

So by getting the Lifetime I a looking at only the veteran rewards I don't have. It is a shame they would not increase my bank/inv/char/etc. slots by the diff between silver and gold by buying Lifetime as I have the gold benefits all ready on my account.

So basically the only benefit the Lifetime subscription would give me that I would want are the Exclusive 1000 day Veteran Starships and the monthly Zen would be ok.

What do you all think? Or am I wrong would my inventory/char slots go higher then the Gold levels?
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    azanthriel wrote: »
    I was looking at the Lifetime but when I look at the chart between Lifetime and silver the only difference for me is the addition of the 500 Zen/month. This may be because I had Retail CE account with subscription for a while.

So by getting the Lifetime I a looking at only the veteran rewards I don't have. It is a shame they would not increase my bank/inv/char/etc. slots by the diff between silver and gold by buying Lifetime as I have the gold benefits all ready on my account.

So basically the only benefit the Lifetime subscription would give me that I would want are the Exclusive 1000 day Veteran Starships and the monthly Zen would be ok.

What do you all think? Or am I wrong would my inventory/char slots go higher then the Gold levels?

You're not wrong. I have been suggesting that certain members who used to subscribe for x number of days should have a higher discount. I was subscribed for 668 days, and have maxed out all my characters. Really, an LTS would not be attractive for me at $199, whereas I had spent almost $250 when I was subscribed to the game.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tahnalos wrote: »
    As it is, the LTS sale is good for those who are getting in the game now. Not good for someone like me who has been here since Beta. Hindsight would have told me back in 2010 to get an LTS when the game first came out but that was when I didn't have a job and therefore few funds to pay for such a game.

I'm sure there are others in my boat as well. If there was another way to offer an additional discount to those members, I'm sure I and many others who have subscribed for that amount of time would be willing to fork out the money for that LTS.

No argument. If they gave me a significant discount on an LTS given my tenure as a subscriber, say $50-$100, I'd have to consider it. As it is, I'm better off just buying Zen when I want something and otherwise play free.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I payed full price for my LTS back in February.

If you are on the fence, I'd say do it. I payed $100 more then it is right now and I'm still happy with mine.

Fireworks!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Got mine yesterday. Birthday gifts FTW :P
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why do you think that they'd take our money and never make a new update? What about updates just like the one that hit Holodeck today, and the future Updates like Season 9.5 and new the Expansion coming later this year?

Delusions !!!
This discussion has been closed.