test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale (Now Ended)

1235»

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL I want to know where that uniform that shows up on the launcher for the Klingon female is lol.

I just find it funny how Cryptic always pushes out tutorial videos and images like this of stuff the KDF doesn't even access too much less even existing in the game lol. Borders on the fringes of false advertising to me.
  • possiblyboredpossiblybored Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks for this sale, which I took advantage of yesterday. The price reduction was greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to going through all of the rewards and such. Many thanks!
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL I want to know where that uniform that shows up on the launcher for the Klingon female is lol.

I just find it funny how Cryptic always pushes out tutorial videos and images like this of stuff the KDF doesn't even access too much less even existing in the game lol. Borders on the fringes of false advertising to me.

I want to know what uniform that is too lol.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If you're talking about the launcher image of the Klingon Female with the Starfleet guy, it's not about the uniform, it's about the combadge. The uniform is just a normal one colored white.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • futuretechyfuturetechy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I paid for a lifetime subscription before the game was ever released. Before STO was released Lifetime membership was advertised as a one time offer for pre-release only and would never be offered again after release. Now anyone can buy a lifetime membership at any time for a cheaper price than I paid OR they can just play for free with almost no limitations. And what special rewards do I get for taking a risk on my expensive pre-release commitment? Nothing. If I instead bought a lifetime subscription right now during the current sale I would have saved a ton of money and received all of the same rewards. I feel a bit betrayed every time I see a lifetime subscription sale.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I paid for a lifetime subscription before the game was ever released. Before STO was released Lifetime membership was advertised as a one time offer for pre-release only and would never be offered again after release. Now anyone can buy a lifetime membership at any time for a cheaper price than I paid OR they can just play for free with almost no limitations. And what special rewards do I get for taking a risk on my expensive pre-release commitment? Nothing. If I instead bought a lifetime subscription right now during the current sale I would have saved a ton of money and received all of the same rewards. I feel a bit betrayed every time I see a lifetime subscription sale.

I figured it would be sold again, games always offer the lifetime subscription even after the "one-time only" chance. That part didn't shock me and I don't mind that they keep trying to sell it. I agree with you when you say that we could buy it now, for cheaper and still have all the same benefits from it. It wasn't a problem earlier until they changed it so lifetime get all the vet rewards right away. Until then, we old timers at least had the knowledge to know that we got all the lifetime rewards before others.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the doggone page to load... Any suggestions?

CM

EDIT: Fixed, and taken care of... :)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • schnellergabeschnellergabe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, quick question that has me confused.

The lifetime subscription says that if we sign up for the lifetime subscription we get a stipend of 500 Zen a month.....but the side by side comparison says we get a stipend of 500 promo points only.

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Thank you.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The lifetime subscription says that if we sign up for the lifetime subscription we get a stipend of 500 Zen a month.....but the side by side comparison says we get a stipend of 500 promo points only.

Thank you.

It is a 500 Zen stipend every month. The promo points part must be old text.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited July 2014

Thank you.
    It's the same thing, but the Zen is for STO only. You can't use it for other games.
  • schnellergabeschnellergabe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's the same thing, but the Zen is for STO only. You can't use it for other games.

Ahh this was going to be my next question, so the ZEN earned from the LTS is strictly for STO? You can't use it in other Perfectworld games?
    edited July 2014
    Ahh this was going to be my next question, so the ZEN earned from the LTS is strictly for STO? You can't use it in other Perfectworld games?
    Correct. You can't use it for like Swordsman or Champions Online, it's only for STO.
This discussion has been closed.