test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale (Now Ended)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hailing all Captains!

Attention Captains! We have extended our Lifetime Subscription Sale!

We are pleased to announce that from now until Monday, July 14th 2014 at 10AM PDT, we're having a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions! Now is the perfect time to pick up your subscription to become a Gold Member forever! Check out more information on the sale and all the great benefits here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5007993

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I might be wrong, but wasn't the Veteran Program supposed to get new perks a few month back ?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, people have been asking for it, and there it is! Get 'em while they're hot folks! :P
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know what anyone else thinks, but this has potential scam written all across it. Lets take a look at the announcement. What's one of the first things everyone notices? Well I'll tell you; it's the Cardassian.

Now whilst it is true that there is no mention of playable Cardassians anywhere on that page, it wouldn't half surprise me if some people jumped the gun and purchased the lifetime pack simply because they saw the Cardassian, and wrongly assumed that by making the purchase, they'd get to play as one.

That's bad on you Cryptic. What possible purpose is there to display a Cardassian (in Cardassian armour) when a perfectly good Human or Andorian would better fit that position?
    talgeeze wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but wasn't the Veteran Program supposed to get new perks a few month back ?
    Heh, they have our money, what do they care now?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    What's one of the first things everyone notices? Well I'll tell you; it's the Cardassian.

Heh, I didn't notice the Cardie at all...but yeah, the rest of what you said - having noticed him after you pointed out - does point to bad form on Cryptic's part.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well were past 1500 days for vet time counting....

I dunno about anyone else but if I were in charge I would have thrown down a new reward to boost the sales of this lifetime sale

carrots are most tasty when we get the occasional nibble
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got mine in what I think was the first subscription sale before free-to-play, and I don't regret it one bit. :)

If you're asking yourself whether it's worth it... Remember STO will be celebrating its fifth anniversary next year.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    talgeeze wrote: »
    I recall that, too, and then they removed the EVA Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Vets. Was that it? I can't remember getting anything else recently.
    ...What possible purpose is there to display a Cardassian...
    STO: Expansion 2 is due by the end of the year, and it's supposed to be bigger than the Legacy of Romulas (E1). Perhaps this is a hint that E2 will bring Cardassians as a Playable Faction?

Hmm... ;)

You've heard it here first!

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They are advertising the Captain's Table which is a part of the Veteran rewards, and that Cardassian has always been there. You are thinking too much.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?

Mine have, yes.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    STO: Expansion 2 is due by the end of the year, and it's supposed to be bigger than the Legacy of Romulas (E1). Perhaps this is a hint that E2 will bring Cardassians as a Playable Faction?
    You are far too optimistic about this. :rolleyes: :)
    They are advertising the Captain's Table which is a part of the Veteran rewards, and that Cardassian has always been there. You are thinking too much.
    That may very well be the case, though it doesn't excuse what I've said above.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know what anyone else thinks, but this has potential scam written all across it. Lets take a look at the announcement. What's one of the first things everyone notices? Well I'll tell you; it's the Cardassian.

Now whilst it is true that there is no mention of playable Cardassians anywhere on that page, it wouldn't half surprise me if some people jumped the gun and purchased the lifetime pack simply because they saw the Cardassian, and wrongly assumed that by making the purchase, they'd get to play as one.

That's bad on you Cryptic. What possible purpose is there to display a Cardassian (in Cardassian armour) when a perfectly good Human or Andorian would better fit that position?

This might surprise you to know, that on the Captain's Table, that's where the screen shot was taken...since there are Cardassians on the Captain's Table.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This might surprise you to know, that on the Captain's Table, that's where the screen shot was taken...since there are Cardassians on the Captain's Table.
    See my post above yours. My concern here is that people might wrongly suspect that because a Cardassian is featured, they'll think they'll get to play one when they wont. The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yep, account wide. Every character you have can get one. If you discharge it, you can reclaim it later on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.

I see you are now learning the basics of advertising. :)
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    See my post above yours. My concern here is that people might wrongly suspect that because a Cardassian is featured, they'll think they'll get to play one when they wont. The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.

Not sure I like the Connie-like ship in the Launcher. It sends the wrong message. Makes me think we will be getting a T5 connie in the expansion. :):eek:
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why? there are Cardassians already in the game? If the picture was going to give off the "incorrect message" that Playable Cardassians are incoming, then why not the Cardassians already in the game? Your comment means nothing, and you are basically claiming that the new players are not smart enough to figure the situation out for themselves.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2014

yes.. all toons in all factions will have access to their specific vet ship.. not to the other faction's ships... including the fleet versions (if you have ship modules that is ;))

Hope this helps
  • Options
    cavetroll001cavetroll001 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wonder how many people misread the article from the Arc news section. Arc news announcement reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down by $100 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

In the link that LaughingTrendy gave, that same paragraph reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

I know when I originally skimmed through the Arc announcement I misread it, and had to go back because $100 for a lifetime sub just sounded to good to be true, which it was.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I see you are now learning the basics of advertising. :)
    The basics of false advertising, yeah.
    Not sure I like the Connie-like ship in the Launcher. It sends the wrong message. Makes me think we will be getting a T5 connie in the expansion.
    You're trolling here and you know it! You might want a T5 Constitution, but neither you, nor anyone else are ever getting one. We do however get to fly a Constitution when leveling up - should you choose it.

The page in question is specifically about a lifetime purchase, and the lifetime rewards all whilst clearly showing a Cardassian. It sends the wrong message.
    Your comment means nothing, and you are basically claiming that the new players are not smart enough to figure the situation out for themselves.
    My comment means nothing ... to you; typical arrogance.

Why would new players need to figure anything out? If people buy on impulse (as is commonly the case) whether it's their fault or not, it doesn't dispute the fact that showing something that we cannot use in a poster/picture for a sale doesn't sit well with me, nor should it with you.

Edit: Lets say they released a picture of a new Federation ship (lets say the Jupter or Typhoon models) with a nice new modern design and texture to go along with it. Along with this was an article with release details. Upon release (and sale of 2500zen), you were given the old model and old textures. By your argument this would be perfectly justified when it isn't.

Same principle.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This, and there is no playable faction for E2, the devs have constantly said this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wonder how many people misread the article from the Arc news section. Arc news announcement reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down by $100 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

I know when I originally skimmed through the Arc announcement I misread it, and had to go back because $100 for a lifetime sub just sounded to good to be true, which it was.
    In the first one it said down BY $100, not down TO $100. It's not Cryptic's fault for someone's misunderstanding the article.
    Why would new players need to figure anything out? If people buy on impulse (as is commonly the case) whether it's their fault or not, it doesn't dispute the fact that showing something that we cannot use in a poster/picture for a sale doesn't sit well with me, nor should it with you.
    Do you know what I did when I was looking to subscribed? I did this new thing called research, and learned what I would be getting from the subscription... so, what you're trying to do (which isn't really fair) is make it seem that Cryptic is purposefully trying to scam people by your definition of seeing a screen shot of a Cardassian and a new player expecting one when he or she can look at what the rewards are going to be. You truly think they wouldn't look at the rewards? Sorry, but your argument, flash, is purely flawed.
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm tempted, but I just paid for a 3 month subscription and if I buy this now it means I just flushed away $42.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I recall that, too, and then they removed the EVA Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Vets. Was that it? I can't remember getting anything else recently.

Ding ding ding!

You are correct sir!

The last time we ran this sale, back in December 2013, we offered the new Vet reward of the EV Suits.

That was the "new reward" and that was 6.5 months ago.

While we don't currently have another reward on the table for this LS sale, we will pass along all the feedback from this thread regarding the players appetite for more vet rewards!

Thanks everyone.
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm tempted, but I just paid for a 3 month subscription and if I buy this now it means I just flushed away $42.

Take it from a long-time (former) monthly subscriber...

If you have the cash for a lifetime membership, do it. You'll recoup the $42 dollars worth of value later.

Besides, you should have waited until the 3 month subs went on sale for $30. See, you already lost $12. ;)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Both statements match up... nothing they posted is off.

1st statement is "price down by $100 USD" which matches with 2nd statement of "price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD" which is exactly $100 off.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do you know what I did when I was looking to subscribed? I did this new thing called research, and learned what I would be getting from the subscription.
    That's great, and I'm happy for you, except you are not everyone and some people would buy on impulse without researching.
    You truly think they wouldn't look at the rewards? Sorry, but your argument, flash, is purely flawed.
    Considering I know a few people who have already done this (not specifically for the lifetime reward, but cryptic purchases) I would say my argument is far from flawed.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Hmm... ;)

You've heard it here first!

:cool:

I am the one who guessed the Voth right away on STO's facebook page at the first hint of a Voyager's mortal enemy ...
    well, it wasn't so hard since Voyager is my first and favourite Star Trek series and "Distant origin" was an episode I remembered very well because I liked it and I liked the concept, the idea behind that episode.
    So ... I say ... Cardassian or ... Borg ! oh yeeeeaaah ! :P:D
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion. I too would love to play as a Cardy or a Founder!

This is a great picture from the Captain's Table: Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture ;)

We wanted to show off this beautiful social map and thought this image from the lounge was a great fit for the blog.

No scam intended faithful players :)

Enjoy the sale!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was tempted to buy it, but then I took a look at the comparison list in the blog...and to be honest, I don't see much advantages to a paid subscription. Maybe I'd have gone for it if it were only $99, but $199 isn't worth it imho.

I'd need to see AT LEAST free respecs on the list before I even consider it.
This discussion has been closed.