test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale (Now Ended)

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    azanthriel wrote: »
    I was looking at the Lifetime but when I look at the chart between Lifetime and silver the only difference for me is the addition of the 500 Zen/month. This may be because I had Retail CE account with subscription for a while.

So by getting the Lifetime I a looking at only the veteran rewards I don't have. It is a shame they would not increase my bank/inv/char/etc. slots by the diff between silver and gold by buying Lifetime as I have the gold benefits all ready on my account.

So basically the only benefit the Lifetime subscription would give me that I would want are the Exclusive 1000 day Veteran Starships and the monthly Zen would be ok.

What do you all think? Or am I wrong would my inventory/char slots go higher then the Gold levels?
    There is one more thing that you get as a LTS that you can't get as a regular Sub, and that is the Liberated Borg Human (Klingon and Romulan depending on whether you create one for those two factions). The Liberated Borg playabe captain's exclusive to the LTS. If you already have the increases, you wouldn't have gotten more because you are LTS.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As long as Cryptic continues to remove more features from the game than they replace or fix, there's no way I'm going to commit a lifetime membership. The fact they made it nearly 5 years is absolutely no indication of the prospects for future stability. I cannot justify even a $200 investment in a game that is continuously nerfed & contracting in content... :mad:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?

Yes, and they are some of the best ships in the game me thinks. All the lifetime perks are account wide also.

The lifetime plunge is definitely worth it!
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• luk3gittinsluk3gittins Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    £120 is affordable BUT i am scared i could buy lts and 3 months down the road the game be dead with no refunds. they should make it so the longer you have lts the smaller the refund as you have got more use out of it with nearly a full refund avalible if the game fails in the 1st 2-4 months of you haveing a lifetime sub with the refund dropping say 10% every month
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bought one earlier today - very happy with my decision and I'm sure it'll pay off in the long term as well.

Oh, and for the record I wasn't anywhere near so naive as to spend three figures on something on the strength of a picture, as was suggested may happen to people earlier in this thread. As did most new LTS, I did my research into what I could expect to receive.

The suggestion that people aren't intelligent enough to look into things and would spend a decent chunk of cash on something in a picture based on that alone strikes me as patronising in the extreme - to be honest, anyone who was daft enough to do something that way is either rich enough for it not to matter or stupid enough to deserve any disappointment.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    argh....im torn between this at $199 or continuing to save up for a 1.4 Watt arctic wicked laser at $499 lol...i think LTS wins, especially since I have been playing sto for over 2 years now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    £120 is affordable BUT i am scared i could buy lts and 3 months down the road the game be dead with no refunds. they should make it so the longer you have lts the smaller the refund as you have got more use out of it with nearly a full refund avalible if the game fails in the 1st 2-4 months of you haveing a lifetime sub with the refund dropping say 10% every month

According to PerfectWorld's May 19th and June 20th press releases, they lost around 18% of their pc users. 667,000 pc users currently play Perfect World games. PerfectWorld is making gains in mobile users, which they believe will offset the loss in pc users.

Perfect World investing $161M in mobile gaming push

Perfect World offers in-line guidance; PC users drop Q/Q in Q1
    Revenue rose 42.5% Y/Y in Q1, but also fell 2.5% Q/Q, thanks in part to lower promotional spend for MMORPG titles. Average concurrent PC users fell 18% Q/Q to 662K, something attributed to anti-cheating efforts and seasonality. Mobile gaming growth partly offset the decline.
    Perfect World reported both strong mobile gaming user growth and an 18% Q/Q drop in average concurrent PC users for Q1. The latter was blamed on seasonality and anti-cheating efforts.

PerfectWorld's revenue is strong with mobile users, but they are having a hard time with maintaining pc users. Was it due to cheating or the season? Who knows?

667,000 pc users is a good pool of players.

Since I have no idea about 'big' business, I do not know if any of this is healthy.

I think this also explains why Cryptic is consolidating game features.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    According to PerfectWorld's May 19th and June 20th press releases, they lost around 18% of their pc users. 667,000 pc users currently play Perfect World games. PerfectWorld is making gains in mobile users, which they believe will offset the loss in pc users.

Perfect World investing $161M in mobile gaming push

Perfect World offers in-line guidance; PC users drop Q/Q in Q1

PerfectWorld's revenue is strong with mobile users, but they are having a hard time with maintaining pc users. Was it due to cheating or the season? Who knows?

667,000 pc users is a good pool of players. I do not know if its healthy.
    How do you know that has anything to do with Star Trek Online specifically? Does it say that Star Trek Online specifically? If it doesn't say Star Trek Online specifically, then that means nothing at the moment.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How do you know that has anything to do with Star Trek Online specifically? Does it say that Star Trek Online specifically? If it doesn't say Star Trek Online specifically, then that means nothing at the moment.
    We don't know what this means for "Star Trek: Online".

On the flip side of the coin... If Perfect World is reporting only 667,000 pc users, across 'all of their game', we can speculate about how many of them play "Star Trek: Online". Hint... Less than 667,000 pc users.

So, what does this mean?

Its time to advertise, consolidate, and update old features.

...which is what they are doing.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be honest, I would do this, as STO is, by far, my favorite MMO in existence, and is the best of all the games out there. Few other games have the balance between fun and serious storyline that this one does (too many go too far one way or the other for complete satisfaction), and I wouldn't mind supporting it this way.

But, there is one thing, and one thing only, that keeps me from doing this.

City of Heroes.

That single memory of how a great game that is on track with great new content, a devoted playerbase, talented staff, and a profit-generating project can be removed simply because someone in the game company gets out of bed the wrong way and decides to pull the plug haunts any such decision such as this. What is a 'Lifetime Subscription' when the game companies only let games go for a handful of years before pulling the plug and taking all that the players loved in that game away?

So, with the knowledge that this is how game companies treat their product and their players, I don't see how I can devote such a huge expenditure of money when two or three years down the line, I'll only have the memory of what that 'lifetime' was. I'll keep supporting STO through single-piece purchases and gladly, but I can't commit so much to something that is cared about so little by those who actually make it exist.
  • mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know theres a lot of mixed feelings about this but for anyone that has no decide yet... do it! its well worth the money I've been thinking about it for ages and all i needed was this little push with the discount.
  • rakhonarakhona Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was all poised to buy the lifetime sub last night, but seeing the new Duty Officer and Crafting systems first on a video and then for myself on Tribble, I'm sad to say that I have put the bank card away.

The question I asked myself was do I want to invest what is still quite a lot of money for me on an entertainment purchase, for a game whose design ethic seems to be pushing toward areas I simply wish to avoid.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rakhona wrote: »
    I was all poised to buy the lifetime sub last night, but seeing the new Duty Officer and Crafting systems first on a video and then for myself on Tribble, I'm sad to say that I have put the bank card away.

The question I asked myself was do I want to invest what is still quite a lot of money for me on an entertainment purchase, for a game whose design ethic seems to be pushing toward areas I simply wish to avoid.

I'm curious what you don't like about the new doff system?

I like the current one. How is it different?

I'm hemming and hawwing but most likely will buy the lifetime tomorrow.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• kobayashikumihokobayashikumiho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought that there was going to increased incentives to getting the LTS (according to STO Wiki). Looks like that isn't happening after all?

The only valuable thing in the LTS to me is Liberated Borg but if they are going to be unlocked in a future season as a mini-faction, I'm hesitant to put down $200 when its going to be free soon.

Also, I'm still missing all my STO mail (CO still shows it all though). It would be great if I had the chance to pull my items out of "mail storage" and put them into my bank or what not. There doesn't seem to be a fix though.

So those are my 3 reasons for not giving up $200. Maybe that will change. Or maybe not.
  • lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am already gold and payed for a month thats active till 03-07-2014 (third off July).

I opted in for a 3 month sub from that day. so i am thinking to change that for a lifetime instead (it saves a lot)

So i have one question: if i opted in (bought) it today

will the lifetime overrides my current gold sub and i have to pay the amount directly.

Or does the lifetime become active after my current sub and pay the lifetime on the expiration day third of July.

Thnx
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lexxie1983 wrote: »
    I am already gold and payed for a month thats active till 03-07-2014 (third off July).

I opted in for a 3 month sub from that day. so i am thinking to change that for a lifetime instead (it saves a lot)

So i have one question: if i opted in (bought) it today

will the lifetime overrides my current gold sub and i have to pay the amount directly.

Or does the lifetime become active after my current sub and pay the lifetime on the expiration day third of July.

Thnx

Your lifetime sub will become active immediately and negate any other subscription plan on your account. You also pay for the lifetime sub the minute you sign up for it.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Your lifetime sub will become active immediately and negate any other subscription plan on your account. You also pay for the lifetime sub the minute you sign up for it.

Thanks for your reply.
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I posted this last year for folks asking a similar question. This is going from F2P to LTS what the perks would be... clearly the value to you is only what you use from this list. If you took advantage of all the benefits offered then of course it will certainly pay for itself. I know a lot of folks say the game wont be around but they have been saying that since the beginning. I've had a sub since March 2010 and then an LTS in June 2010. I think the game is doing better than it has done in terms of users and staffing or I wouldn't have bought a 2nd LTS last year for my partner.

If nothing else here is what you get and it's rough value... it pays for itself and then some as well as paying you back $5 per month in zen.

ZEN ITEM
    ++++++++
    600z (zen) Playable Federation Liberated Borg character (Only LTS can obtain)
    600z Playable Klingon Liberated Borg character (Only LTS can obtain)

Costume Pieces:

550z Special Veteran Jacket Option
    Special Veteran Uniform Option (Silver Jupiter Variant)
    Special Veteran Uniform Option (Gold Jupiter Variant)
    550z Klingon Shoulder Pads and Cape

Starships:
    2500z Chimera Heavy Destroyer (1000 day vet)
    2500z Pehgqu' Heavy Destroyer (1000 day vet)
    2500z Romulan Vet Ship
    500z Captain's Yacht/Chariot
    2500z Free Ship at Starfleet Vice Admiral
    2500z Free Ship at KDF Lieutenant General
    2500z Free Ship at Romulan VA

Assorted:
    300z Mugato Companion
    500z Android Bridge Officer
    2000z 4 Additional Starship Slots
    500z 2 Additional Costume Slots
    1065z 4 Additional Character Slots
    5000z 10 Respecs (Per character)
    2000z 20 account shared bank slots
    1500z 60 additional bank slot per character
    1600Z 72 additional INVENTORY SLOTS (PER CHARACTER)
    500z Energy Credit Increase (1 billion EC)

Unvalued items:
    Captain's Table Access
    Firework Ship Emote
    Veteran Starship Material
    Alternative Future Comm Badge
    lifetime comm badge
    Dilithium Refining Boost Doff Assignment
    5% Skill Point and Expertise Boost
    5% Team Skill and Expertise Boost
    Priority Login, Full Chat/Mail Access, Full Customer Service Access, No ads in voice chat, No limitations for fleet creation.

Titles:
    Stalwart
    Redoubtable
    Dauntless
    Valiant
    Relentless
    Magnificent
    Impressive
    Vigilant
    Guardian
    Starfleet/Empire Veteran
    Career Officer

That's nearly 30,000 zen in easily valued benefits besides the unvalued items. So over $250 in perks and $5 in zen back every month. I didn't even multiply out all the other benefits when you consider they are per character. It can be a lot up front but between the perks and the zen stipend each month you most likely recoup your cost in the first year if you are a frequent player.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • aezar77aezar77 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tahnalos wrote: »
    You're not wrong. I have been suggesting that certain members who used to subscribe for x number of days should have a higher discount. I was subscribed for 668 days, and have maxed out all my characters. Really, an LTS would not be attractive for me at $199, whereas I had spent almost $250 when I was subscribed to the game.

So have you been getting the 500 zen a month?
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aezar77 wrote: »
    So have you been getting the 500 zen a month?

No, I'm no longer a Gold Member.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    they would have been better trying to do an LTS sale AFTER 9.5 hits......they would need it to recoup from the losses in its current state on tribble.

and i decided its not realyl worth it when i can just sub for a month, I've already got good t5 ships and dont really plan on leveling any more characters, and even then, it takes less than a week to get to 50 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • bloodboltbloodbolt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I welcome the return of the stipend for livers

You will even get 500 ZEN a month to spend on all the new gear and ships that come out in Star Trek Online.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm unable to pay with paypal. The site can't communicate with paypal. Any ideas?
    Nevermind - I paid with credit card instead
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• deathscythe19deathscythe19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i plan on buying a lifetime subscribtion on july third but how can i if i cant even buy zen in game or on the main website with my debit card. i received my monthly 500 zen on jun 19th and since then i havent been able to purchase anymore. i have sent in tickets posted in the forums and still havent received an answer.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol, you're really pushing the Lifetime Sub this time. I've launched the Launcher only to see all of the slides promoting the supposed lifetime benefits.

Kind of amusing to see you promoting the Captain's Table considering you've basically abandoned the idea and the location is practically useless.

Oh well, I guess there's not much else to promote in the launcher anyway, is there...?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dont know if somebody already ask but this 'Monthly 500Z Stipend' Lifetime Subscriber reward is new?
    Because im already buy the Lifetime Membership a few months back but never get anything like 500Z for free monthly just because im a Lifetime Member.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gp86 wrote: »
    Dont know if somebody already ask but this 'Monthly 500Z Stipend' Lifetime Subscriber reward is new?
    Because im already buy the Lifetime Membership a few months back but never get anything like 500Z for free monthly just because im a Lifetime Member.

You should be getting it. Any gold/LTS gets a stipend every month of 500 zen. If you're not getting it, I'd suggest you file a ticket with the billing department.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• oggbadoggbad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone else had a problem logging in to purchase? I've gone to the second login on three different workstations, Win 7 and 8, and even though I turn cookies off and disable antivirus, I keep getting "doesn't look like you have cookies enabled". It is very frustrating. Any suggestions?
  • gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And how did i do that? Can you give me a link or tell how can i do that?
    Sorry to ask for something like this but im not so used to this ticket/billing thing.

yes and in the description said 500 Promotional point -never heard of it- but where do i look how much i have if it did not appear in my STO account at all neither the billing/purchase history and nor on my perfect word/Arc account.
    Make no sense to me. Im a Lifetime Member for over 6 or 7 month so i already have to get at least 3000Z or 3500Z right now where i dont have. I will be saw it already if i have that many Zen already.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    they would have been better trying to do an LTS sale AFTER 9.5 hits......they would need it to recoup from the losses in its current state on tribble.

Or before the alpha version hit Tribble and caused such an uproar. Either one would have been more successful, in all likelihood. Next time, I'd suggest launching one of these sales when the forums are abuzz with how great the new thing is instead of everyone flipping out over what it might be. Maybe give the Community Managers the ability to provide input as far as timing the sales and whatnot might help, since they are in the middle of everything dealing with the current "mood" of the market/playerbase.

That's my feedback; on the plus side, we've got until 7/10 for everyone to get all enthusiastic.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
This discussion has been closed.