Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale (Now Ended)

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thibash wrote: »
    I was tempted to buy it, but then I took a look at the comparison list in the blog...and to be honest, I don't see much advantages to a paid subscription. Maybe I'd have gone for it if it were only $99, but $199 isn't worth it imho.

I'd need to see AT LEAST free respecs on the list before I even consider it.

If you sub all the time this will save you money in the end.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ...Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture ;)

~CaptainSmirk

Noooooo! KHAAAAAAAAAN!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a great picture from the Captain's Table: Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture ;)

So perhaps with X3, we'll be able to roll a Founder and play as a table or couch? ;)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was tempted to buy it, but then I took a look at the comparison list in the blog...and to be honest, I don't see much advantages to a paid subscription. Maybe I'd have gone for it if it were only $99, but $199 isn't worth it imho.

You get I think 3 respecs in the veteran rewards. There's a list of vet rewards somewhere else - maybe on the wiki.
    here it is: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3026853
    you can see you get several at the various stages.

If this were 2 days ago I would have clicked purchase already. The removal of the exploration clusters gives me pause. If I felt flying around in sector space and beaming down to random places would still exist a year from now then I would click. Have to think about it a couple days.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    voyagerwaskingvoyagerwasking Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion. I too would love to play as a Cardy or a Founder!

This is a great picture from the Captain's Table: Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture ;)

We wanted to show off this beautiful social map and thought this image from the lounge was a great fit for the blog.

No scam intended faithful players :)

Enjoy the sale!

~CaptainSmirk

And just like that all my hopes and dreams of being a table were crushed.
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    The page in question is specifically about a lifetime purchase, and the lifetime rewards all whilst clearly showing a Cardassian. It sends the wrong message.

I don't think people will assume something like that just by looking at the picture.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion. I too would love to play as a Cardy or a Founder!

We wanted to show off this beautiful social map and thought this image from the lounge was a great fit for the blog.

Enjoy the sale!

~CaptainSmirk
    Darn, I was hoping that I would be able to create a playable cup too. My dreams are dashed. :(
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll be able to get one in early July! Thanks for putting it on sale!
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You get I think 3 respecs in the veteran rewards. There's a list of vet rewards somewhere else - maybe on the wiki.
    here it is: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3026853

If this were 2 days ago I would have clicked purchase already. The removal of the exploration clusters gives me pause. If I felt flying around in sector space and beaming down to random places would still exist a year from now then I would click. Have to think about it a couple days.
    Just go ahead and do it, really. My sub has paid off after four and a half years.
  • Options
    duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As someone that has been a lifetime subber since 2012, I can definitely say that it's worth every single penny.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

As an LTS, you get all of the Veteran Rewards up front and that includes a few free respecs for each character.

Plus, LTS get more than just the Veteran Rewards. They also get the monthly stipend forever, and access to playable Liberated Borg captains.

So I guess it all depends on what you value. If you like to play lots of alts, though, nothing beats LTS/Veteran Rewards for value.

ashkrik23 wrote: »
    If you sub all the time this will save you money in the end.

Truth. If I could do it differently and had been free to spend the $199 a long time ago, I'd have done it. I ended up spending a lot more overall to get my 1000 days of Veteran Rewards and no lifetime stipend to show for it.

But I totally understand that not everyone can afford to spend that much all at once, and if you don't have it saved up when a sale comes around you don't have it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion.
    Here's hoping before Season #20...
    Very Good! :)
    That's all very well, but for the sake of potential confusion, couldn't the Cardassian Officer have been replaced (temporarily) with a Federation one?
    I'm pretty sure you get something like five free respecs per character. It says with every rank, and there are five ranks...
    damix4 wrote: »
    I don't think people will assume something like that just by looking at the picture.
    "A Picture Paints A Thousand Words". :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    As an LTS, you get all of the Veteran Rewards up front and that includes a few free respecs for each character.
    Yeah, but after you use those, you have to buy them again. Which is really silly to begin with, but makes sense for free accounts. But for $200(300?) you'd expect to get them free permanently.

And yeah, I know there are more rewards...but the list in the blog doesn't reflect that. So they may want to update that.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion.

Romulans need to be shifted from Fraction to Faction before you even start to think about bringing another faction on board.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    Romulans need to be shifted from Fraction to Faction before you even start to think about bringing another faction on board.
    He didn't mention a cardassian faction, he mentioned playable cardassians; this can be done without the need for an actual faction. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I recall that, too, and then they removed the EVA Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Vets. Was that it? I can't remember getting anything else recently.

STO: Expansion 2 is due by the end of the year, and it's supposed to be bigger than the Legacy of Romulas (E1). Perhaps this is a hint that E2 will bring Cardassians as a Playable Faction?

Hmm... ;)

You've heard it here first!

:cool:

There are hints within the game files that X2 could very likely feature feature Delta Quadrant species. Not incompatible with playable Cardassians but...
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ding ding ding!

You are correct sir!
    Yay! I win, I win, I win!

Uh, wait... What do I win?

:P

LOL
    Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture...
    I demand this feature be added immediately. It's canon! Can't be a true Star Trek game if we can't transform into furniture

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Enjoy the sale!

~CaptainSmirk

Teach me how to sell snow to eskimos please.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

well, we know what season 7 wont be about then, cardie faction speculation can be put to rest
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Teach me how to sell snow to eskimos please.
    Step 1. Collect snow.

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Profit.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Do you do this a lot right now? If not, forget this detail and jump on it. If yes... Well, I am afraid we won't know any details about what the next expansion pack brings and if it will give you something as good or better.

Maybe Cryptic needs a function to show people all the Foundry mission available for start at a particular location...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Running around, exploring strange new worlds, characters, storylines, and memorable events?

...you mean the Foundry, right? Pretty sure that will definitely still be around. :)
  • Options
    cavetroll001cavetroll001 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In the first one it said down BY $100, not down TO $100. It's not Cryptic's fault for someone's misunderstanding the article.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Both statements match up... nothing they posted is off.

1st statement is "price down by $100 USD" which matches with 2nd statement of "price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD" which is exactly $100 off.

I wasn't saying they didn't match up, nor was I implying that there was any false or bait & switch advertising going on. I opened my post wondering how many people misread the Arc news post, and finiished the post stating that in my original read through, I had, in fact, made that very mistake, but realized that I must have made a mistake. I was simply pointing out that the link LaughingTrendy gave us was much clearer, and not open to that same error, and someone must have agreed with that, as the wording in the Arc news post is now the same as the other link.
  • Options
    kooskombuiskooskombuis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pitty 199USD is over 2000 of my currency which is half of the average persons salary. Guess in a virtual reality the rich people still get all the perks just like in real life.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?

Yes indeed! You will get access to the Vet ship on each character, and each faction has a different variant of the Vet ship.

They are all very nicely designed and powerful to boot.

Here is a link to the FED Chimera Wiki description page
    Here is a link to the KDF Peghqu' Wiki description page
    Here is a link to the ROM Daenios Wiki description page

You will find all these ships and more at the Shipyard cloister on the new ESD. Speak with Lt Laurel in Ships & Shuttle Requisitions to locate these Vet Ships in the browse ship menu.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a former gold member who subscribed monthly for over 650 days and possibly sunk in more than $250 in monthly subscriptions alone, the offer is no motivation for me to sign up for a lifetime sub. If there was a way to offer a deeper discount for longtime subscribed members then I may go for it. But as it stands now, it just isn't worth it. Don't think Cryptic will see another dollar from me again.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pitty 199USD is over 2000 of my currency which is half of the average persons salary. Guess in a virtual reality the rich people still get all the perks just like in real life.

There's no shame in being Silver. That's what I am, at the moment. Free-to-play, right?

An LTS would make parts of the game more enjoyable to some degree, for those who don't have Veteran Rewards, but it's certainly not required to play the game.

If STO was just about the whales, the queues would be emptier than people already say that they are and the game would have tanked already. We need ALL the players, whales and minnows and everything in between.

And if you think that sounds fishy, well, I guess I can't help it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you promise you'll fix the FPS problem ongoing for months now, I'll think about it. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So perhaps with X3, we'll be able to roll a Founder and play as a table or couch? ;)

That would be the best power ever if we could play a Founder and assume the shape of any object in the game.

Best OP alt ever.

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.