What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys, its a MMO.... they make money. that's what they do. i don't see the big problem that alot of people have with them doing that. they even gave you the discount after you get it once. the ships free. stop whining
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starkclan wrote: »
    I have only just learned this information through a fleetmate.

I have already run 14 toons through the Risa Event today, slotted the new ship on all of them and allocated 40 pearls to them all.

This means I will have to do 350 runs of this thing in total.

As compared to 38 if I had had this information prior.

Is there any way at all that I can undo what I have done?

Oh, there may have been an announcement via the Arc log in system. I don't log in using it at this point. I am a long time player and my game came in a box, not as a download, I have been logging in to the game via my desktop ever since the beginning.

A solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

When you complete the project with any one character the cost of the project for the rest of the characters you have on your account drops to 40. The project will then be filled and should complete. Its possible it will not autocomplete though and if that happens you will need to slot the other ship project and then cancel it to "jiggle" the projects. Should compete then.

When s9 was realeased a bunch of people reported onto the forums that the project they had sloted last year and had 800 or so pearls in were suddenly filled and waiting to complete. The bug I mentioned kept it from completing though. Hopefully it has completed for them by now.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Once you've earned the corvette or the luxury cruiser, the Risians will give you a significant discount if you want to pick up another one! (Any character on your account will get this discount once you've unlocked it.)"

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. After grinding like mad during the winter event, the anniversary event came along and we were asked to grind again for the dyson ship. I was so burnt out from the winter event that I didn't even try for the Dyson. I was just so over the repetitiveness. This discount will make things much easier. I had started doing the pearl daily and I was thinking to myself "There is no way I am doing this EVERY DAY with all my characters." The discount makes things much more tolerable and fun.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    man fix the typo in the blogs headline already,
    "risa luxury crusier" even shows up in gamelauncher.
    proofreading is a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi all,

~Useful stuff~

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

I don't normally complain, but wouldn't this have been more useful as a news post before you released the event, not hidden away in the basement, in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.

;)
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    purvee1 wrote: »
    I don't normally complain, but wouldn't this have been more useful as a news post before you released the event, not hidden away in the basement, in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.

;)
    Just a thought.

Dude, the devs are nerds, just like us. Being super-excited about something that we've worked hard on and forgetting a bunch of details is a thing that a lot of nerds do.

That being said, it's really nice to have Gorngonzola show up and tell us all of that info, especially that bit about the discount...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    Did they add glow effects to the Floaters? I don't remember them creating a glow before.

I was just doing the Horga'hn Hunt at night and I noticed a blue light against my character when I accelerated. It created a nice glow against her back and this dark shading under the curve of her....then I ran into the side of a cliff.

Thats a dirty trick devs. Just dirty.
    Actually.... S9 reset your graphics settings, you probably had the associated setting either too low or off.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Need a map showing where you are now at key locations on the island at Risa. Event Currently active. Where to go to those events. At the Event show be instructions you can pull up.

Schedule of times of each event. Just can't have the Event and not explain what to do or where to do it or how to do it? I see at ESD you have someone from Risa telling you about the Event. On Risa Welcome popup and you have the Event Coordinator. From that still hazy of what to do for the event.

We all should be able to rent basic not so fancy swimwear for those who don't have it any.

Inside that Resort Building there are booths where they're manned but most are staged. The two that are active are all the way in the back. That back room area seem to be not used. It's a huge building but only one floor is being use.

Unless it's a VIP access? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    While I was checking out the summer event, Taco called everyone, who wanted more buckets, needy.

...and, then he poked fun at the fact the buckets only gave out two rewards.

It was disgusting.

I am no longer going to buy zen.

Wait, what?

I was making fun of the situation. Obviously, more buckets are needed. I was joking that we needed to have a Fundraiser to buy buckets for Risa. (And was parodying those commercials "For just $1 a day. . ." by replacing $ with Lobi)

The dev team is well aware of the bucket shortage, and is looking into it at this point.

I apologize if my joke came across as personal, it was not directed at the people complaining, but at the obvious bucket shortage.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Wait, what?

I was making fun of the situation. Obviously, more buckets are needed. I was joking that we needed to have a Fundraiser to buy buckets for Risa. (And was parodying those commercials "For just $1 a day. . ." by replacing $ with Lobi)

The dev team is well aware of the bucket shortage, and is looking into it at this point.

I apologize if my joke came across as personal, it was not directed at the people complaining, but at the obvious bucket shortage.

Don't worry, Tacofangs, the guy who was complaining is one of the most prolific Cryptic haters on here. He's continually threatening to ragequit, and it's been old for months if not years.

Glad to hear that the devs are looking into the bucket shortage; hor'gahn hunting just isn't enough for a really good favor grind.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    We all should be able to rent basic not so fancy swimwear for those who don't have it any.

No, we shouldn't. I quickly lost count of how many people complained about their "bought" powerboards and floaters disappearing because they don't realize that rented =/= purchased.

I can only imagine the howls when they're put back into their default uniform-slot costume.

And this doesn't even get into the most obvious possible glitch: If everything else rented disappears, do we really want to rent swimwear? Sure, the ERPers might like what could happen there... :eek:
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    While I was checking out the summer event, Taco called everyone, who wanted more buckets, needy.

...and, then he poked fun at the fact the buckets only gave out two rewards.

It was disgusting.

I am no longer going to buy zen.

Your sarcasm detector and humor detector are both in dire need of repair, obviously neither one is working at all.

I saw the very same exchange, and it was what people with a grip (and without an anti-Cryptic axe they just can't stop grinding) call a joke.

I hear clues are cheap these days- maybe you should get one.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    What a insult to the people who just laid down there cash for the galaxy reboot

free ship with better stats than a Gal-R

A Free ship........................................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    neotaraneotara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All these timers really bum me out... I'd very much like to pick and choose which events I actually want to do. More female outfits is great but the amount of time it would take for a bunch of costumes you can only wear on Risa, totally not worth it! It also looks stupid when you have to spend 3 hours or so in regular wear just to earn a swim suit. (You should start with one for free.)

The Flag Click TRIBBLE at the end of the race is garbage... it's not a race its who can actually click the flags without being disqualified.

Everything else is pretty cool. Great concept but fails to be fun; just another mmo grind-fest with poor rewards.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wait, what?

Tacofangs, meet a NO FUN ALLOWED hater. NO FUN ALLOWED hater, Tacofangs.
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Having spent the lobis on this ship (Meaning I was one of the ten or so I saw with it yesterday) I really like it. It's climb in power even with acetons and other power sappers is insane, much better than other ships I try the Aux to bat beam boat on, it actually is ready to aux to bat when the cooldown finishes when I need it instead of waiting those four to six seconds of low weapons setting volleys.

As for the discount, Holy TRIBBLE it was worth rushing! I have MANY toons, and last year just doing three out of my twelve (That I had then) was not worth my time really to grind away. with the discounts I need two days per character, a set of 40 pearls per ship. And for me getting two free-ish ships for a two day grind during my most busiest season for 20 characters make this awesome. The discount really is what sold me to use my collected lobis in this way, because one kinda painful lose of lobi crystals (About the price of a lobi ship worth) but then for all intents and purposes 40 ships was worth it.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wait, what?

Thank you for clarifying your statement.

Thank you for pushing to resolve the issue.
    jellico1 wrote: »
    What a insult to the people who just laid down there cash for the galaxy reboot

free ship with better stats than a Gal-R

A Free ship........................................
    Its not free. You have to work for the ship.

...and, there is no problem with working for something.

As long as the time, effort, and resource expenses are balanced, I do not think many people will have a problem with workings towards something.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ever hear the saying "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"? Polite commentary goes a lot farther than angry ranting.
    Turns out that isn't true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wait, what?

Good to hear. They castles need more favour rewards and more buckets. Around 10 buckets per 50 people map is woefully few.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    On another note, many of the yes-men comments were very narrow sighted. When people do not understand the 'overall' issues, they have a tendency to miss the BIGGER picture. While my initial statement was about this particular issue, I was also referencing the other problems with "Star Trek: Online".

Grinding Holdings & Rep Systems vrs. Story Based Role-playing
    As someone who has a massive single-player role-playing game library, I get more from $60 by playing offline games. I like long character progression, which is propelled forward by some sort of story. I get more out of my experience and money from playing such games as "Dragon Age: Origins", "Skyrim", and "Neverwinter Knights II".

If it were not for "STO's" social dimension, I know for a fact that I would have left a long time ago.

Finally, someone who 'does' use money on "STO" is going to want a BIGGER bang for the buck. I wish there was a way to separate paying customers (F2P Zen Buyers & Subscribers) from those who freeload (F2P - 100% Free). I wish Cryptic gave more perks to F2P Zen Buyers and Subscribers. People should be rewarded for buying an accumulation of at least $150 of zen. If someone puts $150 into zen, during the time they spent on STO, I think the individual should get a discount on reputation store prices. I do not know. Money has to talk at some point. Rewarding people for buying stuff is a good thing.

Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The first project on any character is 1000 Pearls. This applies an account unlock that reduces the cost of the next ship of the same time to 40 pearls (1 daily's worth) on ALL characters on that account. So, an efficient way of doing this would be to earn the 1000 on one character and unlock the account ship discount and then do a single daily mission on your alts.

This is very nice, I don't think I'd even bother doing the grind (or, more probably, a partial grind and buy with Lobi Pearl boxes) without this, as I don't really have a character that this jumps out as being 'the' ship for them, but being able to grind one and get on the rest for 40 gives options for later.

Also, how many Pearls does the 5 Lobi pack give this year?

As another poster suggested, it is much like the Breen 2 piece console bonus. It provides a modest boost to both Starship Graviton Generators and Starship Particle Generators.

I hope this answers some of the more burning questions here. Again, I apologize for the delay in my response. I hope you all enjoy the summer event as much as I do.

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

Do the two consoles get a boost from these stats? Neither can slot much in the way of Science powers, so I'm curious as to why they would get a boost to these stats.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Is it just me or are there not even remotely enough 'sand castle' spots? The zone I'm in just now has forty of us fighting over 6 or 7 spots...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So I've been playin Risa for a day or so and my impressions are very favorable.

Obviously A LOT of work went into designing Risa and all the very entertaining things to do there.

It's a great break from all the shoot-em ups we do day to day.

Just got my characters his swimsuit, and while I think it's definitely the outfit to frolic around in a beach type environment, personally, I felt a little like I was playing dress-up with dolls and I had an uncomfortable moment. :o

I know, I know, I do the same thing when I'm at the tailor fussin with uniforms, but puttin my Vice Admiral in a bathing suit, well that's another thing entirely.
    Let's just say that after a while I had the desire to blow something up ! :P

I hadn't thought the bucket issue with the sand castles was such a problem, I was able to build sandcastles whenever I wanted to, maybe I got lucky.

As for the grinding for suits, floaters and boards, and only being able to use them @ Risa,I'm okay with that really, but as always, I wish the grind was a little easier as not to get in the way of the real fun, using these items.

All in all, it's been great fun, A great big Thank you to the devs responsible ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wait, what?

Maybe you could make it up to the countless (number so small it's not worth bothering to count) folks that were insulted, offended, absolutely devastated by what you said...

By elaborating on this:
    I have a feeling that what we are working on now, will get much more use, and be much more interesting to the players than a single, one off bridge for a summer event ship that likely won't get used much beyond August.

Hrmmmm? Hrmmmm?

Some might just write the August bit off as folks having the ships a few weeks and then returning to their normal boats in general - but with what a lot of the folks have mentioned their desire for the boat to have included, that's a more permanent thing.

We also get into August...which would be a S9.5 thing, based on how the calendar would play out....hitting up X2 around November or so. With August being mentioned though, it sounds more like a S9.5 thing than a X2 thing.

We also know from a certain Ensign that August...so yeah, anyway.

You know, hrmmm - I've got a pretty good guess on what it's going to be. Could be massively off...could be massively right. Either way though, I guess that speculation wouldn't really be good for the game either way - would either create all sorts of disappointment or it would steal all sorts of potential thunder down the road.

So uh... never mind.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starkclan wrote: »
    I have only just learned this information through a fleetmate.

I have already run 14 toons through the Risa Event today, slotted the new ship on all of them and allocated 40 pearls to them all.

This means I will have to do 350 runs of this thing in total.

As compared to 38 if I had had this information prior.

Is there any way at all that I can undo what I have done?

Oh, there may have been an announcement via the Arc log in system. I don't log in using it at this point. I am a long time player and my game came in a box, not as a download, I have been logging in to the game via my desktop ever since the beginning.

A solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Focus on and complete one, and see if that changes the ones you have done already. If not the worst thing that happens is you have to cancel the current projects and then reslot it and do one more run to get the 40 pearls again.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had my Gal-X since.... I forget... It was a long time ago.... I'm not bothered. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had my Gal-X since.... I forget... It was a long time ago.... I'm not bothered. :P

Well you probably don't use it as a main ship. If I would want to use it that way and this would happen I'd probably be p***** too..

Especially given the long history of "what's your beef with the galaxy"
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After doing the lobi buy-out with one toon (had more than enough and no new lobi ships), i did a quick high mission with a rental for my ferengi daimon (his main is a d'kora) and got me a good alternate ship for him. I doubt i will really use it on either of the other toon (except for fun) and those two have the escort from last year.
  • Options
    stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is it just me or are there not even remotely enough 'sand castle' spots? The zone I'm in just now has forty of us fighting over 6 or 7 spots...

There are just 5-6 spots that I could find! And its pretty much useless doing this event as the rewards are paltry........5 favors during' bonus' time, else its 2!! Ridiculous IMHO!!
    They should up these to at-least 20 favors during 'bonus' and 15 during the normal time.
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The sand castle building could just as well been removed with so few sites to build on. :rolleyes:

Would much more have enjoyed a fishing game, and one that can be done while relaxing like when one actually are fishing. One of the things they got right in WoW was the fishing. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....