test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Reputation Projects Not Resetting [Semi fixed, see page post 102 for update]

Comments

• Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been seeing this too on all but the Undine and Tholian reps.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Over 40 hours and my New Romulus rep still hasn't reset. I was only trying these for Nukara and New Romulus reps, and the Nukara ones started working today, after claiming a tier in them. Luckily, I'll be claiming a tier in New Romulus rep on all of those that need it tomorrow, so that might fix it for a couple of projects. Two Hourly projects per tier is an issue, if that's what it works out to, since tier 3 to tier 4, and especially tier 4 to tier 5, are very long intervals.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have just completed tier 1 for the 8472 rep. When I claimed the tier 1 reward it reset my hourly.
    Hopefully this is not working as intended as this would create an amazing grindfest.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    Over 40 hours and my New Romulus rep still hasn't reset. I was only trying these for Nukara and New Romulus reps, and the Nukara ones started working today, after claiming a tier in them. Luckily, I'll be claiming a tier in New Romulus rep on all of those that need it tomorrow, so that might fix it for a couple of projects. Two Hourly projects per tier is an issue, if that's what it works out to, since tier 3 to tier 4, and especially tier 4 to tier 5, are very long intervals.

The Nukara Hourly disappeared after slotting the the second one. At least for me, it appears that New Romulus and Nukara Hourly projects can only be done 2 times per tier, rather than 3 times per 20 hours. Hopefully, this further information can help track down the bug.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »
    why exactly did they limit the old hourly projects to 3 per day... doesn't make them hourly now does it?

I can see it from their point of view it provides a time gate. d'angelo said bluntly in one of his first interviews after taking over again that he thought the dyson rep progressed too fast.

from a player point of view it is a poor way to do things. you are putting a penalty on the people you want to keep happiest. you know the people who play the game more than an hour or two a day and dedicate time, and resources to play the game. basically the people who have kept this game alive.

I did start seeing the same problem last night on two of my other characters with the 8472 rep. I was not able to queue any hourly projects that gave rep on these two so now that is 4 of my 10 characters that can not earn any rep via the hourly projects.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yep.

I managed to run the XP hourly for Undie rep a couple of times on day one, and it's been 0 XP ever since.

I've got another character working on Rom and Dyson, and if I could do the hourlies I'd be able to finish both during the upcoming dil weekend. But they're both broken in the same way. In fact I only got to run the Rom rep XP hourly once, I think.

Hopefully, this morning's patch un-breaks them.
  • Options
    petrarch#0647 petrarch Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Minor update, the hourly project was still showing as the non-rep version today however I've just claimed my T1 rep and its switched back to the 200 rep version. I'll run some off later this evening and see how it holds up tomorrow. I'm half wondering if the 3 hourly projects are somehow restricted per rep tier instead of per day.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Task Force Omega (Hourly) is broken also. I completed it 3 times when S9 went live. It's supposed to reset after 20 hours. It's been broken now for 2 days.

Ticket ID #2,439,011.
  • Options
    auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Update:
    Hourly project will reset after claim T1 Undine reputation but can't add next 20h project
  • Options
    j1k2l3m4j1k2l3m4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    paulyman wrote: »
    I can see it from their point of view it provides a time gate. d'angelo said bluntly in one of his first interviews after taking over again that he thought the dyson rep progressed too fast.
    The key thing is it let the player choose if he wanted to put in the time or take it easy.

If they want a "time gate" then remove the hourly, and put another 20hr project in for 600 xp but requires less materials. Either way, right now I'm playing less than when I did for dyson because the hourly is basically gone and there is no reason to push for extra marks.
  • Options
    blackmail67blackmail67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Hourly on Dyson Joint Rep is not giving the 200 it shows 0 rep.
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    New information/theory.

The hourly project was available for me again today. Queued 2. First one completed and I can't queue a third.

Here's what I think is happening:

Add the first one, and queue the second. Because the first one isn't in progress it allows you to.
    Completion of the first one sets the cooldown to 20 hours.
    Completiing the second adds another 20 hours to the cooldown. At this point at least an hour has elapsed, so in at most 39 hours they will again be available.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    After upgrading to a new tier in New Romulus reputation, the Hourly projects rest, just like they did for Nukara reputation yesterday, and I was able to slot 2 of them, but no more, also like Nukara reputations yesterday. I am now thoroughly convinced that the bugs that I'm experiencing with these projects are consistent, and that these projects are only resetting once per reputation tier, and that they are only allowing 2 to be slotted, not 3.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    There is some serious mix up with the Undine reputation.

I can slot the daily fine, but I can only slot the hourly in the add next project slot where the daily one is running. I can't slot another daily one in the available active project slot. This sucks!
  • Options
    bophinbophin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Hourly on Dyson Joint Rep is not giving the 200 it shows 0 rep.

This is a different hourly ('continued support') that is only supposed to appear after you've gotten the three for-xp hourlies.
  • Options
    bophinbophin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    There is some serious mix up with the Undine reputation.

I can slot the daily fine, but I can only slot the hourly in the add next project slot where the daily one is running. I can't slot another daily one in the available active project slot. This sucks!

I'm glad you mentioned that. After three days I no longer have any hourly for-reputation projects available in the free slot for any of the reputations but after reading your post I checked and they ARE available in the next-project slot next to the current slotted daily. Clearly a bug.

Edit: Apparently a display bug. I tried slotting one of those for-xp hourlies and got a daily instead. I also noticed NEITHER the daily or for-xp hourly is available in the lower project slot. Very odd.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get all the rewards for hourlies except for the reputation points. Which is nice, except I do the hourlies so it doesn't take as long to reach 100,000. They're effectively useless for that right now.
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yes great so it is a different project...the point of the post is when do we get the other project that gives rep xp again?
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue, no reset in over 30 hours for any reputation system, though I can't check Omega.

I don't see why it was required to limit the hourly project to 3 in 20 hours. I personally think if someone wants to grind hard, let them reap the rewards.

Currently this has been broken for days, something should be done, or at least update us on the progress of a fix.
  • Options
    berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Reading patch notes shows they are concentrating on money making concerns and minor issues like skill repecs.

Sorry but this is your end game content and it is being "investigated". This is players hard fought for time that you are messing about with that.

How about we get an update as to what is happening instead of investigating.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Reading patch notes shows they are concentrating on money making concerns and minor issues like skill repecs.

Sorry but this is your end game content and it is being "investigated". This is players hard fought for time that you are messing about with that.

How about we get an update as to what is happening instead of investigating.

i'm forced to agree, especially since i opened the first thread on this matter, day of original release patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been getting the same thing since Wednesday.

Up till wednesday evening it was working fine, did my 3 hourly projects a day then after the patch the continue one got stuck in place.

I can get 340 dilithium per project but I'm getting zero rep and it seems to be the same on all my unfinished reps.
  • Options
    torontonensistorontonensis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Noticed the same thing for my Nukara, Romulan, and Omega reps. I had a surplus of marks for each of those, but once I hit my first 3 in a day limit it never reset to giving xp.

I think the only reason it hasn't effected Dyson or Undine is that I had fewer marks in those and couldn't hit the daily limit as soon as I could with the others.
  • Options
    nilesdrakenilesdrake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I read a few times people have only been able to slot 2 projects for the hourly and it it stops. I have a slight workaround for the hourly projects not sure who's all figure it out but just incase I figured I'd post it.

What i have done is slot a single hourly project and then once that one is finished slot a new one along with the 3rd one and it seems to be working fine. It still doesn't reset after the 20 hours. but at least when go up a tier you'll still have the 600 RXP from the hourly projects instead of 400. And upgrading to new tiers is resetting the lock out for 3 projects per tier.

Also this is a huge over sight on their part since this I believe was one of the major things people wanted changed with the rep system.
  • Options
    taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh I just sent a bug report and now I see that they know about it. Damn it, how come it worked ok on tribble and its messed up on holodeck. Not really checked before put out? Sure not first time that it has happened. :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    damit why don't just remove that daily timegate on small rep mission? so what if some ppl will finish it earlier?! big deal really...

Especially after active rep passives had been cut by 2, I figure it's only fair to cut amount of repping time by 2 as well.. Otherwise you grind for 40 days and got pretty much nothing at the end.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am so curious. Why some bugs are tagged as "investigating" and others arent??? i am missing something or cryptic just tag randomly some bugs to make people believe they are doing something??

LOL.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Its getting pretty annoying not hearing anything. I tried using the hourly project that gives no rep to see if that reset it. Nothing.

Every reputation is the same.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    After upgrading to a new tier in New Romulus reputation, the Hourly projects rest, just like they did for Nukara reputation yesterday, and I was able to slot 2 of them, but no more, also like Nukara reputations yesterday. I am now thoroughly convinced that the bugs that I'm experiencing with these projects are consistent, and that these projects are only resetting once per reputation tier, and that they are only allowing 2 to be slotted, not 3.

^^^This... I'll know for sure tomorrow when I go to upgrade tier II undine and it opens up the hourly again. I have only been allowed 2 hourly projects per tier upgrade, not per day as it is supposed to be. I think this is a major flop. I haven't bothered to play the game except to earn the 30 marks necessary to keep the 20 hour project going and that only takes maybe 10 minutes every couple days. This update has basically screwed the main focus of this game at level 50. I'm really shocked there hasn't been more complaining about this but then again the queues have been dead for the new content too. PvP had more players yesterday than the Undine missions in the PvE queues.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I agree, there is no need to play the new rep, aside from once every few days to earn enough to keep the daily projects going.

Very Broken.