test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Reputation Projects Not Resetting [Semi fixed, see page post 102 for update]

argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know if i'm going crazy or not, but so far, i've counted being able to only do two hourly xp projects before they switch to dilithium

pretty sure it's supposed to be three....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by argent007 on

Comments

• Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can confirm. I slotted 2 on one of my characters, filled the requirements and logged. Came back and the 2nd one is the 340 dil/0xp project. Happened with Dyson and Nukara reps. I think what is happening is that you can slot 3 hourly projects of any rep. Not each, but any. Meaning you slot one for Counter Command, one for Nukara, one for Dyson and thats it for the day.
  • Options
    griffin81griffin81 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yea I was only able to get 2 hourly rep ones before it shifted to the pure dil rewards.

It was clearly stated as 3 hourly rep rewards in a 20 hour period PER REPUTATION.

Meaning 3 of 8472, 3 for Dyson, 3 for Omega, 3 for Romulan, and 3 for Nukura. And each was on a separate 20 hour timer.

Not in the patch notes to get fixed today so pretty bad over all.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    y'know, it's actually quite hilarious as i think about it, but this worked perfectly when i previewed it on tribble :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Further examination tells me that it is indeed limited to two projects per 20 hours. I have 400 rep for Counter Command and the only hourly project I can slot is the 340dil/0xp project. If patch notes were correct then I should be able to slot 1 more.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Two words, Quality Assurance.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I slotted some hourly projects in different reputations yesterday starting at 3PM Eastern time, then again starting at 4PM. 21 hours later, I am still getting the dilithium-awarding ones, not the ones that award Reputation experience. The dailies reset just fine.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    admiralaliceadmiralalice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can confirm that this is happening to me as well, only was allowed to slot 2 in each rep, not 3, and they have yet to reset after more than 20 hours. Rather disappointing and setting me back in repping my undine rep and the other toons I'm finally sponsoring in the other reps since the costs are cheaper now.

This is a problem with all the reputations on all my characters, and I've heard reports of it happening to others as well. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a problem with the timer on hourlies, though that would not account for only being able to slot two projects instead of three.

a fix would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yep, confirmed as broken.

only 2 hourlys possible and 20 hr reset doesn't work as it was advertised.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    24 hours from the first project started and still not reset.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hourlies cost 1/2 the marks but give 1/5 the experience, right?!?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    confirmed..my hourly project give 0 exp
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hourlies cost 1/2 the marks but give 1/5 the experience, right?!?

If only. They cost half the marks and give 200 versus 2500, or 400 versus 5000 if you've been sponsored. That's 2/25 the experience. The smaller projects have always been inefficient like that.
  • Options
    spilltrayspilltray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm having this issue also. I did the hourly mission 3x as soon as the server came up yesterday and it's still not reset.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Update:
    the counter seems to have reset on the Nukara, Omega, and Romulan reps on my fed alien science officer, the Dyson has not reset, nor has the 8472 Counter Command rep on my fed human tactical officer. This is slightly better... but still not great, and rather weird. Any devs want to comment please?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Seeing the same thing with the hourly project not resetting properly to the 140dil/200xp project.
    edit: Dyson, Nukara, and Undine did not reset on the character that had the earliest completion times for me. Rom and Omega already finished on that character. If I remember correctly, the project should have reset 3.5 hours ago, but hasn't.
  • Options
    peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm Having these exact problems too only let me slot 2 Rep 1-Hourlys not 3 and the reset problem.
  • Options
    petrarch#0647 petrarch Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same reset problem, got 2 characters working on the rep currently and while both were able to run all 3 projects yesterday, today it's stuck and the hourly one won't switch back to the rep award version.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This issue is under investigation. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK I understand that you can only do 3 hourly missions in a 20 hour period. Its not working that way.

Yesterday I set one daily and one hourly for nukara rep. I logged in today completed both of them so it had been over 20 hours since I set the hourly. I only ran one hourly total on this character yesterday. Today the hourly mission shows 0 rep in the rewards on this character. Why?

Also yesterday I slotted one daily and one hourly for romulan rep. again I claimed both of them at the same time today. I can not slot any other hourly romulan rep projects. I was able to slot the daily but no hourly. I am half way through T5 so no it is not an issue with having to run an upgrade project. Also figuring it was like the old bug I slotted an equipment project in that line and then cancelled it and still no hourly.

this is the only character I have that is not done with all rep (other than the new one) so I can not say if it is like this on any of my other characters.

If the hourly projects give less, but still only give rewards once a day its not much of a help to us is it? If the timer is reset from the time it was turned in and not queued then please let us know or put a timer we can see. Still only being able to get rep from one hourly a day is pretty sad.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    no sign of a fix to this, no sign of acknowledgement from cryptic that "they screwed up"

EDIT: logged in today hoping to do at least the two more hourly XP projects, nope, system's borked more than was initially suspected; can't do any more hourly projects even after the supposed timer was supposed to reset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    there's another thread on this at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1092511

Cryptic Frost said on page 2 that they are aware of the problem and are investigating
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same with me
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Update:
    the counter seems to have reset on the Nukara, Omega, and Romulan reps on my fed alien science officer, the Dyson has not reset, nor has the 8472 Counter Command rep on my fed human tactical officer. This is slightly better... but still not great, and rather weird. Any devs want to comment please?

Exactly the same for me on my Reman Fed: 8472 and Dyson won't reset and only convert to dil; Nukara, Rom, and Omega reset to rep points.
  • Options
    lukemblukemb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had similar problems.

After season 9 was released I was able to slot 3 hourly projects (8472 rep). Since the 1st hourly project there has been no reset (more than 30 hrs have passed), I can only see the 0 xp 340 dil project.

As they are investigating, I hope it will be fixed soon (however the April 24 patch notes do not mention anything about it...).
  • Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm, I seem to have a different bug with this:

I was able to slot 3 projects for both undine and dyson rep and they all gave xp (I was at 600xp for Undine at that point). However, they haven't reset since. Filling last project that gave xp must have been 40 hours ago by now.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Confirmed for myself as well.

Ironically...

I was 400 xp away from getting Tier 5 of Nuka Rep, and I have been waiting all day to slot just one required hourly for the xp. Between finding out I cant slot my 3 Tech doffs, and Xp glitch I am getting frustrated. Not to mention my graphics starting to go all nutty now when I am on ESD for too long my card starts making the whole game look like I am on a acid trip.

Crashing games, broken zones, whacky AI I can deal with, but when you start affecting my ability to play content that worked perfectly fine a few days ago, I start to be annoyed.
  • Options
    berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue. Only dilithium rewards and was only able to do 2 missions.

What I would like to know is, are we getting some bonus xp for this. A good majority have suffered from this issue and have missed out on alot of xp.

Perhaps a friendly gesture??? :)
  • Options
    j1k2l3m4j1k2l3m4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue here. Well over 24 hrs since my 3rd hourly in undine and it's still showing "no xps" projects for the hourly.

Still don't get the reason why you took the hourly aways in the first place, but not even catching this easy defect in QA so I lose out on xps now for awhile is really frustrating.
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the same problem with a Federation Bajoran character in the Dyson task force. The daily has been working but the hourly has not. It has said (and given) no reputation XP. It does give the equipment and the post-hourly gate reward of dilithium but when is it supposed to reset to start giving XP again?

I am also like Paulyman, most of the way through Tier 5. I had no problems with the Dyson rep until the patch.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    why exactly did they limit the old hourly projects to 3 per day... doesn't make them hourly now does it?