test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Reputation Projects Not Resetting [Semi fixed, see page post 102 for update]

124»

Comments

• Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's good to see the fix in tomorrow's patch devs, thank you for resolving the glitch

now to see how effective it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Updated the thread title to show there is a fix incoming in tomorrows patch.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Updated the thread title to show there is a fix incoming in tomorrows patch.

Awesome News! :)
  • Options
    berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now I know there are many posts regarding the problem with the rep system not resetting and I apologise for starting a new post.

However, after doing a little mathematics I am now, at the time of writing this, 2110 rep xp behind on 2 of my rep systems. This is due to suffering from this bug since launch.

Now a lot of other players are also this amount behind and I was wondering if there is anything in place to bring us all inline with the rest of the player base. Or is the usual of tough, get over it response we normally get?

Normally I would not bother, I understand large patches, expansions come with bugs, however, this has directly affected progression in the game and should be look into.

Thoughts from people welcome.
  • Options
    xst4mxxst4mx Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now I know there are many posts regarding the problem with the rep system not resetting and I apologise for starting a new post.

However, after doing a little mathematics I am now, at the time of writing this, 2110 rep xp behind on 2 of my rep systems. This is due to suffering from this bug since launch.

Now a lot of other players are also this amount behind and I was wondering if there is anything in place to bring us all inline with the rest of the player base. Or is the usual of tough, get over it response we normally get?

Normally I would not bother, I understand large patches, expansions come with bugs, however, this has directly affected progression in the game and should be look into.

Thoughts from people welcome.

It's the same for me!!!!
    :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    patch does NOT appear to have worked, i repeat....no joy on that fix

i ran one hourly XP project on Undine reputation (the only one left to really progress in) last night, left it go until just now when i collected the reward and get the second project going, and i can't slot in the third project

please return this bug to investigating status
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same here, definitively not fixed. This one and the bugged loadout/doff/boff desaster is really annoying.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The hourlies for the New Romulus reputation didn't reset at 20 or 21 hours, but were reset by 24 hours after the first was slotted. I was too busy to check in-between those times to see when they actually reset.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    update: it looks like they are cooling down properly, but you still can't slot three, only two
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The last patch seems to have fixed the lockout timer however, Undine rep seems to be limited to running 2 hourly projects a day before it kick's in instead of the 3 we are supposed to get.

I'm not sure about other reps but the counter command is definitely only allowing 2 since the patch.

Honestly I think I would prefer it just being switched to a single project that rewards the 600 rep xp + 3 box's and takes 3 hrs with a 20h cd and a separate 1hr one for the dilithium reward's it would most likely solve the problems currently occurring and would be generally less annoying.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    argent007 wrote: »
    update: it looks like they are cooling down properly, but you still can't slot three, only two

That's a known issue that's still being worked on.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Plus the mark cost for the Undine hourly projects is 20 marks. All the other ones are 15, and I don't recall reading in any of the blogs that the undine one would be different. Is this intended?
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's a known issue that's still being worked on.

If it helps, I only run into the limit of 2 when I slot one and queue another one first thing in the day when they come up after reset. If I slot one, then let it run to completion without putting another in the Next slot behind it, then I can slot 2 when it's done and still get 3 in a day.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    If it helps, I only run into the limit of 2 when I slot one and queue another one first thing in the day when they come up after reset. If I slot one, then let it run to completion without putting another in the Next slot behind it, then I can slot 2 when it's done and still get 3 in a day.

^^ This, the bug appears to only come into effect if you queue the 1st two hourly 1 after the other you lose the 3rd.

Bit of a strange bug but atleast it has a simple work around.
  • Options
    cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^^ This, the bug appears to only come into effect if you queue the 1st two hourly 1 after the other you lose the 3rd.

Bit of a strange bug but atleast it has a simple work around.

This needs to be made clearer. How are you supposed to know in-game that they stop giving marks unless for some reason you decide to hover the mark icon and check how much it gives, when you already knew? Been doing loads of 1 hour projects and not realizing I wasn't getting anything after the first 2-3. And dilithium ore is useless since I have so much I can't even refine it. What a waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wait Wait wait. Why exactly arent we able to put in as many hourly rep projects as we want?

Why the limit? This seems really bad design. If you don't want us to do a project every hour for an entire day, then increase the time it takes to complete them.

I had no idea why I couldn't slot any more until I read this thread.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.