test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Reputation Projects Not Resetting [Semi fixed, see page post 102 for update]

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Adding my voice as one who can't use the hourly anymore
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so to update... now I can not do any of the hourly projects at all anymore and have not been able to do so for a few days.

somebody told me this was a known issue where you can only do 3 hourly missions per tier and not per hour. I have not been able to locate that thread and have not seen it on any known issues post.

so basically still I can only run the daily missions. or run the continue missions which give 0 rep. one of my characters has not completed an hourly for rep since Tuesday afternoon and still can not queue one up today.

if they are not going to fix the cap so it works properly they should remove it entirely.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well I was able to do two hourlies on Tuesday on my toons and none of them have been able to do another since. even after completing tier 1.

if they cant fix it to work as advertised why not just remove the gate until they can. you know good customer service says if you change something and now have a problem that is making a large number of your customers angry you look at fixing it and fast. if you cant fix it go back to the old way until you can... oh wait lol I forgot we are not dealing with good customer service.

how horrible is it that people level a rep faster without another gate built in. that would mean that these people are people who are actually *GASPS* playing your game and not just complaining on the forums about how bad the game sucks.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I too have had a 0 xp on hourlys for a while, I guess Ill leave it unslotted for a bit and see if magically it turns back on
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here, hopefully they going to patch on monday.:(
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't get the "workaround" for this bug. My Omega Hourly is still bugged after doing 3 of them on April 22nd / 23rd. I don't get the thing about slotting a second one. I only have one Omega Hourly I can slot, which offers 0 Reputation XP and will not reset no matter what I try.

Queing, cancelling, etc - all of it doesn't work. I can slot the Daily which works fine. I even slotted and completed the bugged Hourly - wasted 15 marks, got 0 XP and received yet another Mk XI crappy weapon that I don't need.

Throwing my hands up at this point. I only needed 1000 more XP to reach T5. I will just do the daily and call it quits.
  • Options
    nilesdrakenilesdrake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    I don't get the "workaround" for this bug. My Omega Hourly is still bugged after doing 3 of them on April 22nd / 23rd. I don't get the thing about slotting a second one. I only have one Omega Hourly I can slot, which offers 0 Reputation XP and will not reset no matter what I try.

Queing, cancelling, etc - all of it doesn't work. I can slot the Daily which works fine. I even slotted and completed the bugged Hourly - wasted 15 marks, got 0 XP and received yet another Mk XI crappy weapon that I don't need.

Throwing my hands up at this point. I only needed 1000 more XP to reach T5. I will just do the daily and call it quits.

Well the "workaround" I posted is for when you hit a new tier that allows you to do 3 of the hourly projects instead of the 2 everyone in this thread had seemed to only get. So this was assuming you hadn't done any of the hourly projects to start with. When I said slotted you have the first space where you can actually put in the marks creds exp into it. The box next to is is where you can put the same project into it.

Most I think were slotting two projects at a time and thus locking them out. So I tested it and sloted a single project and then let it go for an hour came back put in the second project and was able to put in the 3rd project still showing me a 200 rep. Since the resources aren't put in automatically it seemed like a good idea to try and maximize ones rep within the confines of the stupid bug.

I should also probably point out I didn't start slotting any of my projects until after S9 went live since I returned to game and fleet mates said that it'd be cheaper once it went live.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't been able to slot hourly XP rep projects for two days in a row.

Last time I was able to slot one was Friday, April 25th, around 9am EST. That is more than 40 hours since the last one of them completed.

Something odd: my Fed toons' rep broke before my KDFs'. I started all reps at the same time, but now my Feds are 200 XP behind my KDFs.

Cryptic, please fix.

Cheers.

EDIT: hourly XP projects became available again today (Mon, April 28th, 9am EST) immediately after I claimed T2 rep. So it looks like you can only do them TWICE PER TIER, and not thrice per day as we were made to believe.

EDIT 2: ...aaaand hourly XP projects are again gone after completing the two since this morning. Only dil projects are available.
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here on a few of my toons.. Hourly=0 rep after the first 3 (and those three themselves were slotted on 3 different days!) regardless of when I'm slotting it

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here. Seems to be almost random whether or not I can start hourly reputation project(s) within given 24 hours. Sometimes I can start one, sometimes another after that, usually none at all. Doesn't seem to be any clear pattern.
  • Options
    vrasskvrassk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have noticed the 20 hour or 24hour cd is simply not working. I can do 3 each then it wont ever reset. When I upgrade the tier on all reputations (Im testing on a no reped alt) it resets then. But after 3 hourly it goes back to no rep.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    on 1 of my characters, I only have the option to do the dilithium version of the hourly in Dyson rep, and i'm only at T4.. frustrating!!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As far as I'm concerned the stated functionality was three times per 20 hours. I myself have achieved three hourly reps in tier 1 of the Undine reputation. And a further three times in tier 2.

To have it function twice in each tier will net you 2000xp, or 3000xp with three. This cannot be as intended.

Those amounts are pointless in the scheme of 100,000xp and would shave a day off 40 days. This is not correct, it is a bug!

It would be nice for someone official, now the weekend is over to comment on this and confirm the issue after almost a week!
  • Options
    jasonputtjasonputt Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    same here havent got xp for hourly since first day s9 went live.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As far as I'm concerned the stated functionality was three times per 20 hours. I myself have achieved three hourly reps in tier 1 of the Undine reputation. And a further three times in tier 2.

To have it function twice in each tier will net you 2000xp, or 3000xp with three. This cannot be as intended.

Those amounts are pointless in the scheme of 100,000xp and would shave a day off 40 days. This is not correct, it is a bug!

It would be nice for someone official, now the weekend is over to comment on this and confirm the issue after almost a week!

The thread was edited to say [Investigating] by someone on the 23rd which most likely was at the request of a dev. So it is being investigated that's the best at this point anyone can say.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    This resets every Tier upgrade, it's strange, but atleast i have a daily - for now.
  • Options
    aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, the reset timer for the hourlies doesn't seem to work properly.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if it is a bug or not, but if you do your 3 hourly projects a day the 20 hour reset timer wont ever reset, you will continue to receive 0 rep xp until you reach the next tier in the reputation. Hence why some people were doing it for tier 1 and not seeing a problem because they went through to the next tier too fast.

I am hitting tier 3 borg today when I get home so I will be able to confirm whether or not it does in fact reset after a tier unlock, and will update here.
  • Options
    spilltrayspilltray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This resets every Tier upgrade, it's strange, but atleast i have a daily - for now.

This is what's happening for me as well. I'm getting the hourly 3 times per rep tier as well, and then it doesn't reset until the next tier.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spilltray wrote: »
    This is what's happening for me as well. I'm getting the hourly 3 times per rep tier as well, and then it doesn't reset until the next tier.

Count your blessings. I'm only getting them twice per tier. :(
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Conifrmed I updated to tier II undine today and was able to slot hourly projects again. So it is definitely allowing 2 or 3 projects pier tier not per 20 hour cooldown as it is supposed to be. I have only been able to do 2 hourlies per tier for the last three tiers (tier 0, 1, 2). They should just turn off this system they implemented so it was like it was before until they can get it to work right.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    askray wrote: »
    The thread was edited to say [Investigating] by someone on the 23rd which most likely was at the request of a dev. So it is being investigated that's the best at this point anyone can say.

Thanks Askray, hope its solved soon.
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    same here, It's been atleast a couple of days since I've seen the project that actually gives points on any rep.
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue. Didn't run any hourlys for 48 hours and still showing no XP from any of them.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure a fix for this is in the works.

However, wouldn't it be beneficial to see the 20 Hour Cooldown displayed somewhere within the Reputation text? Something like "You have HH:MM left before you can complete an Hourly Project that rewards 200 Reputation XP."

It's can't be super hard to display a cooldown variable, hope the dev working on this can add that too.
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So after getting to the next tier in all of my reps the hourly project now correctly gives xp again, but this time I did not put 3 of them to do. I mean what the hell is the point of the hourly projects if you can only do 3 total per tier ????

Oh yeah this is wayyyy faster than before lol. Just love it how Craptic takes 1 step to the side and then 4 steps back in everything they do for the game.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    There is a fix currently in the process of being tested. I don't have a E.T.A. for it at this time.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is a fix currently in the process of being tested. I don't have a E.T.A. for it at this time.

thank you for the update dev/gm/person

However, wouldn't it be beneficial to see the 20 Hour Cooldown displayed somewhere within the Reputation text? Something like "You have HH:MM left before you can complete an Hourly Project that rewards 200 Reputation XP."

It's can't be super hard to display a cooldown variable, hope the dev working on this can add that too.

a visible cooldown timer would be nice to implement somewhere in the interface window for reputation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Considering how much they use the hidden 20 hour timer for things, it really does need some UI support.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

That's great news thanks for the update. :)

@ eagledraco

I also think a 20 hour cool-down timer would be a great idea, it can be a little inconvenient working forward from the time things were started. I'm pretty surprised its not been implemented.