test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am Nato (commodore of Fed Alliance), and I approved message.

Just a few things.

1) Only Ships absolutely require to be in our fleet while purchasing, (once it's purchased, we would love for you to stay, but fully understand and have no problem with you heading back to your fleet).

2) If you are buying gear and have both Permissions to buy from fleet stores, and the provisions in your fleet then we can do a map invite for you. If you lack either of those you will have to hop in a Fed Alliance fleet to purchase the stuff.

3) Don't worry about taxing our resources, Fed Alliance has 12 active fleets and over 3,200 members.

4) I would encourage anyone who hasn't to fly at least one run with STB, it puts a lot of fun back in the game.

Edited to add: I am a leader in Fed Alliance Fleets, not THE leader.

I have been in STB from the beginning as well - AWESOME, fun players!

Recently I had joined a fleet more out of a technicality, I would like to join Fed Alliance.

What does it take to leave a fleet?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I highly recommend this channel for anyone looking to put fun back into their STO experience. The low tier runs are a blast. It's always fun taking my mighty Oberth of death out for a spin. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry I haven't been as active lately. Been a bit burned out on STO. Working on Skyrim right now since nothing seriously pressing is going on in STO right now. If you guys want me for anything though, lemme know. The Crimson's Fury and the Silvari Union are always ready. :D Just give me a few minutes to log on. My laptop isn't very fast.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • droidloverdroidlover Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, Due to the massive number of pages this thread contains, I refuse to read them all. I have, however, read a half dozen or so pages scattered throughout. I have been very intrigued with the idea of this, and am very interested. I love playing my romulan, but I miss playing my fed engineer. I just got bored with him when I got caught up in the power faction that is the Romulans. I believe this would be a perfect scenario to bring my fed torp boats back out (love the Akira). I have a few questions though.

1. Is star trek battles their own fleet? Or just a chat channel supported by multiple fleet communities?

2. How large and active is this group? My current fleet has become increasingly inactive as they have migrated to other games, some permanently. So I have started looking for other active groups within STO.

3. Do they use a specific teamspeak3, ventrillo or other voice chat? I seem to have issues flying and typing at the same time. LOL

I would need help paring down my dps, as I don't have a reliable parser to monitor my dps. The clock on my machine has issues and messes with the time in battle, skewing the dps numbers.
    I am usually on every day, and have been looking for something in game to spark my interest again. I hope this might be it.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    droidlover wrote: »
    Ok, Due to the massive number of pages this thread contains, I refuse to read them all. I have, however, read a half dozen or so pages scattered throughout. I have been very intrigued with the idea of this, and am very interested. I love playing my romulan, but I miss playing my fed engineer. I just got bored with him when I got caught up in the power faction that is the Romulans. I believe this would be a perfect scenario to bring my fed torp boats back out (love the Akira). I have a few questions though.

1. Is star trek battles their own fleet? Or just a chat channel supported by multiple fleet communities?

We are not our own Fleet, just a bunch of people who liked the concept and how it's playing out. Star Trek Battles now has Official Backing from Fed Alliance and several other Fleets throughout STO.
    2. How large and active is this group? My current fleet has become increasingly inactive as they have migrated to other games, some permanently. So I have started looking for other active groups within STO.

The channel currently has about 120 registered user and it averages between 5-30 people online at any given time. The busiest it seems, and easiest time to form a group tends to be between 5 - 10pm Pacific (GMT-8).
    3. Do they use a specific teamspeak3, ventrillo or other voice chat? I seem to have issues flying and typing at the same time. LOL

There is 2 TS3 severs available to use. And both have specific channels just for Star Trek Battles.
    I would need help paring down my dps, as I don't have a reliable parser to monitor my dps. The clock on my machine has issues and messes with the time in battle, skewing the dps numbers.
    I am usually on every day, and have been looking for something in game to spark my interest again. I hope this might be it.

That is not a problem. Multiple people here run parsers as they fine tune their setups for STB get-togethers. The sweet spot is between 4-7k dps (depending on which parser is being used). I've used the STO Plugin for ACT and CombatLogReader. CLR seems to give a bit more accurate reading, so long as everyone remains close to the one running the parser.

Drop your @handle here or contact one of the channel Admins in game (all their @handles are on the first post for this thread) and we can answer any other questions you may have. I do recommend reading the first post for the guidelines we try to follow here in STB.

As for your Fleet, I am active within my Fleet (76th Fleet) if your interested in joining. And a couple of others that I know in RL are active as well (primarily weekends). And the Fed Alliance, which is 13 Fleets (and growing) are always on the lookout for good people to join.

Hope this answers your current questions, and possibly any others that may have popped up. If not, feel free to ask and we'll answer as best we can.

-risingstar2009
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    Just a quick offer, for those of you hurting for Fleet Credits, the fleet I help manage could use some help. our member activity outside of me is almost at a standstill, but there are usually some projects going that need some Dilithium donations. We're stuck on major renovation projects at the moment, and the biggest need is for Dil, but there is other stuff that will come up that will need other things too, given we can get the big stuff done.

Just send a mail to @sevmrage, and I'll try to get back to ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tonight, the Star Trek Battles task force played another foundry mission: Spectres, Episode Six. This is mission is a short-but-sweet continuation of the Devidian arc, which sends you back in time again to fix the fate of the U.S.S. Reuben James. This mission makes great use of the TOS bundle interiors - they're much more impressive than the ones used in the official Spectres missions, although they do get a bit tight with a full team!

Of course, we couldn't resist the urge to pose for a few holophotos on the Reuben James:

In hindsight, posing with the injured crewmen is a bit awkward.

KHAAAAAAAN!!!

Beaming back to Drozana station.

There was no space combat in this mission (which was a bit of a disappointment, as we had all boarded our TOS-era ships in anticipation of it), but it was very Trek-like, and that's what the Battles channel is all about. :)

Thanks to Mr. Tom for suggesting this mission. Can't wait to do another one of these together!
    edited April 2014
    Bumping this thread up as it is a good idea.

-risingstar2009
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    Wanted to offer my two STB builds.

Oddyssey Star Cruiser
    U.S.S. Silvari Union

Dreadnought Cruiser
    U.S.S. Crimson's Fury X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    droidlover wrote: »

I think Risingstar has answered all the questions perfectly!

Regarding your last point on sparking your interest. STB can be totally something for but you never know unless you try. Even after trying it might not be what your looking for. I encourage you to try. What I have fun when I'm usually on is I get my pew pew filling fulfilled. All I have to do is ask or someone is asking already what's going on. If anything is good to find people to team up with, under STB guidelines of course, and make your gaming experience better. I'd rather go in an STF with a full group than PUG, still happens but the past month there's always someone on to pew pew with.

With the quick load out system it is faster to switch to STB build given some minor changes still have to be made but still quicker than the old way.

I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to flyn with you Captain... Trizeo out! :)7
    edited April 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been as active lately. Been a bit burned out on STO. Working on Skyrim right now since nothing seriously pressing is going on in STO right now. If you guys want me for anything though, lemme know. The Crimson's Fury and the Silvari Union are always ready. :D Just give me a few minutes to log on. My laptop isn't very fast.

Captain 07,

You never have to apologize for not being active. Burning out happens and you do what you must to recover.

I know the feeling but it's been STB that has been keeping me alive in STO and really one of the main reasons for even logging on.

When you do log on, hope it's when I'm on so that we can pew pew! hahahaaha

• tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    joined. looking forward to seeing how this works.
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hey guys - just wanted to apologise for vanishing from an instance of ISE earlier.

The graphics bugged out on me - everything went blocky and pixelated. Tried adjusting the graphics settings, but it didn't work. Which was when I apologised and exited the game, to restart it.

Unfortunately, the launcher started patching a pretty large pre-patch (season 9 stuff on the server now as I understand it) which took ages. So apologies!

Never have to be sorry my friend. Been running into those mini patches myself.

Was great to run CE with you last night before I logged off. I also responded to you email in game.

Later Captain 07
    edited April 2014
    Combining all videos in to a single post.

Tier 2/3 Starbase 24
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSyxvS6aR4

Three KDF plus 2 Fed in ISE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhzkjd2u0s

TOS/TMP/ST:I-VI era Starbase 24 fight. (Some voice).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3kPxLQo3YE

Crystalline Entity Elite match.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba_hZu2Yb6w

ISE with 2 Galaxy's, 1 Galaxy Dreadnaught, 1 Nebula, and 1 Bug (JHAS)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suG31DPSES0

Another TOS SB24 run.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEfxiKD4as

Breech Normal (mainly testing two new ship loadouts for STB Members.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcnQzsnl_E

No Win Scenario Attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jGGe4lJjA4

Infected: Space Elite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR_TSp4PmUg

Look for Further Updates.

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    Tonight, the Star Trek Battles task force played another foundry mission: Spectres, Episode Six. This is mission is a short-but-sweet continuation of the Devidian arc, which sends you back in time again to fix the fate of the U.S.S. Reuben James. This mission makes great use of the TOS bundle interiors - they're much more impressive than the ones used in the official Spectres missions, although they do get a bit tight with a full team!

Of course, we couldn't resist the urge to pose for a few holophotos on the Reuben James:

In hindsight, posing with the injured crewmen is a bit awkward.

KHAAAAAAAN!!!

Beaming back to Drozana station.

There was no space combat in this mission (which was a bit of a disappointment, as we had all boarded our TOS-era ships in anticipation of it), but it was very Trek-like, and that's what the Battles channel is all about. :)

Thanks to Mr. Tom for suggesting this mission. Can't wait to do another one of these together!

Captain 07,

I was suppose to be a part of this but had to do something...

Looks like you guys had some fun... wish I could've been there.

I hope we can do some more in the future as I haven't really touched the foundry missions and I would rather to it with a group of Captains from STB than do it by myself.

See you online 07
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Captain 07,

I was suppose to be a part of this but had to do something...

Looks like you guys had some fun... wish I could've been there.

I hope we can do some more in the future as I haven't really touched the foundry missions and I would rather to it with a group of Captains from STB than do it by myself.

See you online 07

Again, sorry that I made the ground STF an elite, when you were still a bit rusty in ground combat. Still, that was actually really fun (except that last bit, the Borg just kept on repairing the shields). I've really enjoyed STB, and try and do runs with them more regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Aww, man, I was hoping I might be in one of those vids. I wanna get in on one sometime! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »
    Aww, man, I was hoping I might be in one of those vids. I wanna get in on one sometime! :D

I'll make sure to try and get you in if we're both on at the same time next round.

I probably won't be on until Monday afternoon depending on how my schedule looks this weekend. Playing tabletop Pathfinder tonight, running Deadland: Weird West tomorrow, work Sunday. And I might be helping one of my friends do a full system test for their Star Trek Mod Artemis Bridge Simulator that will be at this years Starfest in Denver, CO on Sunday as well. Full weekend. If I log on, I may run one or two stf/fleet events, or just DOffing, but I won't be able to record any video since I'll be on my laptop, not my primary machine.

-risingstar2009

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    Okay. No worries. It will come in time. :)

Would it be okay to use a Hargh'peng torpedo launcher I got from a doffing mission on my STB Klink ship, when I can get one prepped?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    IMHO the Hargh'peng doesn't look very klingon. Even though klingon weapon SFX were highly inconsistent I can't remember ever seeing something of this color in the shows/movies.
  • omnia1960omnia1960 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Count me in on this. bring back the fun of space battles. (@omnia1960 / @jafa12) :)
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trying to find the chat channel but its not popping up

i like the idea of running canon setups
    my fleet gal-x is setup that way, phasers/photons/gravi torp

would like to join the fun
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I think Trizeo has to invite you to the channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    omnia1960 wrote: »
    Count me in on this. bring back the fun of space battles. (@omnia1960 / @jafa12) :)

Which one is your in-game @handle?
    Originally Posted by papertoasty View Post

What is you in-game @handle? Is it the same as the one you use for the forums?

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    IMHO the Hargh'peng doesn't look very klingon. Even though klingon weapon SFX were highly inconsistent I can't remember ever seeing something of this color in the shows/movies.

I mentioned this in the chat last night, but personally, I think that if a faction uses a weapon in the storyline or on their NPC ships, it should be allowed. Seems a bit silly to throw out the game's own canon, you know? I load the Hargh'peng onto my KDF ships occasionally -- I prefer Photons, but the purple death torp is nice from time to time.

This reminds me that I really want to run cloaked tractor mines on the Cretak one of these days...
    edited April 2014
    Added some new videos.

Also, Zachy will be adding some of his own STB videos to the channel as well.

Stay tuned, I just might catch you in my next video.

Our Battles
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, Caps 07...

I have been away on vacation and been suffering STB withdrawals. :)

Got a couple questions, can all Foundry missions take teams? Also, is it possible to team together for Episode replays?

I am interested in doing Foundry missions with STB, if enough of us are interested we should figure out which ones we can play as a team and vote for our favorites!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • sgcdiallersgcdialler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've seen some of the youtube vids and this looks like it would be pretty fun. I think I can put together a build on my ACR or Oddy that would bring it down to spec. Handle's @sgcdialler. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Got a couple questions, can all Foundry missions take teams? Also, is it possible to team together for Episode replays?

I am interested in doing Foundry missions with STB, if enough of us are interested we should figure out which ones we can play as a team and vote for our favorites!

No, not all Foundry missions can take teams. Luckily, while the foundry mission search is pretty lacking overall, you can require Group as one of the search parameters, which'll (hopefully - I haven't really tested it!) only give you missions that can be played by teams.

Most of the official story missions can be replayed as a team, but there are a few that can only be played solo.

Looking forward to playing with you. We've actually been replaying a lot of story content the past week or so. Unfortunately after season 9 launches tomorrow the Foundry's going to be down for a while, but there's the new FE and the revamped Borg and Undine content to do. (Personally I want to play the FE and revamps solo first - I can get into the story more that way.)
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also it seems they finally tweaked Klingon Scout Force so that you don't have to sit around waiting for spawns half of the time. Until now we mostly avoided that mission, now we can definitely do it once in a while! :)